As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Somehow I've never pulled a single Qiqi.

At this point the only non-limited 5*s I don't have are her and Mona. With any luck I'll get Mona first.

QiQi was my first 5 star and I was very happy to have her. She helped me through a lot of early struggles. But dammit, standard banner 5 stars shouldn't be on the other banners. :/

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I'm still missing Jean and Diluc. Honestly I probably use Qiqi more than Mona or Keqing these days, but that's only because I recently swapped Ganyu to doing melt stuff instead of freeze stuff. Mona was a staple, then, and I'm sure I'll have uses for her again before long.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I use Mona a lot now that I triple crowned Ayaka. They're a great pair.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    I've got C1 Jean, Mona and Keqing, with a C0 Qiqi, all of which I got before finally pulling C0 Diluc. I was less than pleased at drawing him when I did. I still haven't built him because I'm not running the Crimson Witch domain for only him.

Haven't done my rolls for Raiden yet, looking to stream them for my friend again, hoping he'll bring me the same luck as with my Yae rolls. But we'll see.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    This drink-mixing event is interesting but I'm not clear on the recipe discovery side of it. Day one had just two requests and two subsequent opportunities to make drinks. Was I supposed to purposefully make the drinks wrong in order to discover new recipes? Or perhaps the first few days are just a tutorial before the "bartender challenge" segment opens up and allows for experimentation.

I'm thinking the latter, but it's not real clear.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Haven't gotten to the event yet, but it should just let us use Diona for it to cheat. Poor girl could serve up a cyanide cocktail and it would somehow improve the drinker's health.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Haven't gotten to the event yet, but it should just let us use Diona for it to cheat. Poor girl could serve up a cyanide cocktail and it would somehow improve the drinker's health.

Only if she has enough energy for her burst

steam_sig.png
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular

She really should've had a potion-related passive. Though I guess alchemy doesn't really count as "drinks".

Felt pretty good about abyss 12. Corrosion was a serious concern, but using a Beidou team on the first half and a Hu Tao team on the second made the damage requirement pretty easy. I had tried a full geo team on the second half at first, but it didn't quite cut it. Yun Jin and Zhongli were more than enough to deal with the Wolflord's second phase anyway. One-shotting the wolf heads with Yun Jin's charged E is very satisfying.

Floor 11 is really mean about its enemy loadout, though. Pairing a hydro abyss herald with a bunch of things with cryo shields is rough. They make it clear you're supposed to use electro, but electro just doesn't work as well as it probably should against hydro shields. Thankfully the damage requirement wasn't that bad. I got away with using a Kaeya team on the second half.

They really should buff electro against hydro shields, if only because hydro shields last forever. I know I can freeze them and laugh at their helpless icy bodies floating there, but it's annoying.

Well, I did my Raiden rolls, got C2 Jean from a 50/50 loss, which I can't even be mad at and then I'm pretty sure I went to soft pity to actually get Raiden. But along the way, I ended up getting some Bennett Constellations (to C4) and I took my Kujou Sara from C0 to C6, so, y'know. We take those. Main problem with Raiden right now is that I need to farm the Emblem Domain again since my only good sets went to Xingqiu and Xiangling while Beidou and Mona got 'okay' sets since I use them less. The game is allergic to giving me Electro Cups which kind of sucks when the last two characters I pulled focus on Electro damage and I swear to god I'm going to start keeping tally of just how many fucking Def% Circlets I get. I don't have any character that can use them except Yun Jin.

Stop.

Anyway, that ate away at a good stash of my primogems so I'm probably going to skip banners for a while. When Ayato is broken as hell and becomes the meta, you can thank me since I've already said I won't roll on his banner since I can't guarantee getting him and any primos thrown at him in vain attempts are Primos I could be hoarding for Kazuha's reroll whenever it comes around.

• ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    dor1xwl8mcdv.jpg

A livestream is scheduled for this Friday. Sure looks like an Ayaka rerun banner will drop before or after Ayato.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Ayaka was pretty much a given. Leaks have the other rerun as…Venti.

Edit: but putting Kaz on the announcement makes that suspect, IMO…

Doctor Detroit on
  • DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    Codes, for your delectation:

AB7CKBVQULE5

3TPUKSV8C5X9

UT7C2TD8C5ZD

Meanwhile, I'm going to go over there and sulk that Kazuha doesn't appear to be on the 2.6 banners.

Venti rerun!

But, weirdly, it’s Ayato and Venti on the dual banner setup, and then Ayaka as a solo rerun.

The last solo reruns were Childe and Hu Tao back in 2.2.

And of the recent new characters, Shenhe wasn’t alone. This might imply that Ayato is more niche like her.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    As much as I lament my roll luck early on when I first started, I did somehow end up with a C1 venti almost out the gate. Has certainly made banner choice a bit less stressful.

steam_sig.png
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I have fallen off this hard because of work and real life stuff. I might get one more ten pull on the raiden banner but I think I’d like Venti?

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Venti is generic uber support. Who doesn't want all enemies completely grouped up and locked down for 10 seconds? The catch is that not many characters can truly seize the moment. Not many attacks and skills can still hit twirling enemies, but those that can...

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    But, weirdly, it’s Ayato and Venti on the dual banner setup, and then Ayaka as a solo rerun.

And of the recent new characters, Shenhe wasn’t alone. This might imply that Ayato is more niche like her.

Last I checked Ayato does a huge hydro AE field which doesn't sound niche at all. In general trying to scry the meaning behind MHY's banner choices leads to madness.

Speaking of Venti, how good is he these days? I never got him and now that all the new enemies are resistant to his anemo blender I haven't really felt the need to get him even if that'd complete my archon collection for now.

I feel it's more that they're trying to min-max their banners as much as possible. I imagine one of the things that's happened since they've started doing multiple banners is that people are buying in on them more and they're trying to incentivize that. So Venti is one of Ayaka's best supports at the moment (Drop his Burst, Use Ayaka's Burst on the cluster of foes, laugh maniacally) and one would think that Ayato is specced in such a way that he will also pair extremely well with her. So they want you to roll on at least one of those banners and then, hey, once you get them, Ayaka's next! If you got Venti or Ayato, you're more likely to want to get Ayaka because of the pairings, and such.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

I feel it's more that they're trying to min-max their banners as much as possible. I imagine one of the things that's happened since they've started doing multiple banners is that people are buying in on them more and they're trying to incentivize that. So Venti is one of Ayaka's best supports at the moment (Drop his Burst, Use Ayaka's Burst on the cluster of foes, laugh maniacally) and one would think that Ayato is specced in such a way that he will also pair extremely well with her. So they want you to roll on at least one of those banners and then, hey, once you get them, Ayaka's next! If you got Venti or Ayato, you're more likely to want to get Ayaka because of the pairings, and such.

They're also weaponizing FOMO with the dual banners. I had this grand plan a ways back. Itto and Albedo are coming, so let's see who comes first. If Itto first, go all in and see where the pity takes me. If Albedo first, count my wishes and make sure I potentially have enough to guarantee Itto.

...They're on the same banner? FUCK!

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »

Last I checked Ayato does a huge hydro AE field which doesn't sound niche at all. In general trying to scry the meaning behind MHY's banner choices leads to madness.

Speaking of Venti, how good is he these days? I never got him and now that all the new enemies are resistant to his anemo blender I haven't really felt the need to get him even if that'd complete my archon collection for now.

Venti is best as long as the enemies aren't immovable which is becoming less and less these days. Personally I find other anemo units more versatile but I'm also bad at the game so who's to say?

steam_sig.png
    edited March 2022

They're also weaponizing FOMO with the dual banners. I had this grand plan a ways back. Itto and Albedo are coming, so let's see who comes first. If Itto first, go all in and see where the pity takes me. If Albedo first, count my wishes and make sure I potentially have enough to guarantee Itto.

...They're on the same banner? FUCK!

That all was an especially rough grouping, yeah. Moreso I think because it was a lot of buy-in to test the 'Geo Supremacy' meta and we had no real way of knowing it was going to work out beforehand. So it's like, if you wanted to go for it, you 'needed' (for maximum value) Albedo, Itto and Gorou, where Gorou is like...a 4-star being featured on the banner is not at all indicative of it showing up. I kinda hope there was no one out there who managed to get Albedo /and/ Itto but not Gorou but who knows. It's technically possible.

We'll have a similar situation when they finally put out Dendro characters, I think. I have no idea when it's going to happen or how, though. I feel like it's going to be weirder when there's only one or two in the game versus when there was none.

(Leak/Rumor Speculation)
    Some leaks/rumors suggest a 4-star Dendro will be as early as on Ayato's banner, some think we'll have to wait and get the Archon and a 4-Star on a banner when Sumeru is available, etc. It's hard telling because there are apparently a lot of characters being worked on at the moment, meaning there's a lot of info out there and a lot of it feels conflicting. I don't dig too deep into leaks myself, though, so it's mostly what kinda pops up on my radar here and there.

Darth_Mogs on
    We'll have a similar situation when they finally put out Dendro characters, I think. I have no idea when it's going to happen or how, though. I feel like it's going to be weirder when there's only one or two in the game versus when there was none.

(Leak/Rumor Speculation)
    Some leaks/rumors suggest a 4-star Dendro will be as early as on Ayato's banner, some think we'll have to wait and get the Archon and a 4-Star on a banner when Sumeru is available, etc. It's hard telling because there are apparently a lot of characters being worked on at the moment, meaning there's a lot of info out there and a lot of it feels conflicting. I don't dig too deep into leaks myself, though, so it's mostly what kinda pops up on my radar here and there.

There hasn't been a dendro character on the public beta server yet, so chances of getting one suddenly on Ayato's banner are close to zero. They could of course just add it without publicly testing it but they have enough balance problems with tested characters, only doing internal testing on a whole new element would be a potential recipe for disaster.

When they do introduce dendro giving us all a 4-star through an event would work. The other option would be that we'll just have to use dendro Traveller instead until we get a dendro character from gacha but given how mediocre Traveller tends to be I hope that's not the case.

Ahaha. It's really silly when the event lets you have a giant anemo vacuum bonus and then staple it to Xiangling tagging in to burst. Absolutely melting through stuff with that for the event.

I used Childe and let the riptide just eat everything. Great fun.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Daffydd wrote: »

AB7CKBVQULE5

3TPUKSV8C5X9

UT7C2TD8C5ZD

Meanwhile, I'm going to go over there and sulk that Kazuha doesn't appear to be on the 2.6 banners.

Wow those codes are only good for 1 day?

steam_sig.png
    Yeah, the stream codes usually last less than a day. I'm honestly surprised that they last much more than the length of the stream, since that would be incentive for people to actually watch it.

AB7CKBVQULE5

3TPUKSV8C5X9

UT7C2TD8C5ZD

I'm not super knowledgeable about other gatcha games, but it's often surprising to me how stingy Genshin Impact is with primogems. Giving out 300 seems nice, but that's going to be what, not even two dull blades?

AB7CKBVQULE5

3TPUKSV8C5X9

UT7C2TD8C5ZD

I'm not super knowledgeable about other gatcha games, but it's often surprising to me how stingy Genshin Impact is with primogems. Giving out 300 seems nice, but that's going to be what, not even two dull blades?

I think it's partly because of the relatively high amount of work to create new character for GI compared to older 2D gacha. Since they can't flood the game with new units for players to keep chasing they have to be somewhat stingy. I'm always fascinated about these design decisions since I'm curious about both game design and psychology and gacha game retention rates are an unholy marriage of both. If you give out too much stuff people max out, get bored and leave and/or don't spend money as they can get everything without spending. If you give out too little people get bored since there's no progress, leaving only whales who leave because there's no f2peons to feel superior to. F2players often make all sorts of game related memes, art and cosplay too which acts as constant free advertisement to the game and keeps the players currently playing more engaged with it.

What I do like about Genshin is their approach to in-game advertising - some other gacha games constantly spam ads, buy this super value mega pack or buy this limited time giga offer. In Genshin the BP screen is pretty much the only place that tries to directly sell you something when it shows the locked rewards. A f2p player never needs to go to the crystal buying screen if they don't want to.

Aww dang, I was hoping that based on the wording in the rank bonus menu for my teapot, "highest adeptal energy", that simply hitting the energy threshold once would be enough and then I could stop just cramming a bunch of fences and shit into all the nooks and corners of my islands to get the highest accumulation rate.
    Also I have not figured out what the deal is with maximum furnishings for each zone. Like, i have islands where I've got several thousand worth of animals, and random fences, stalls, houses, rocks etc.
    And then on my main island it's huge but super sparse because I have my main building, 6 fields, a teleport, ornamental pool, 1 building and a few animals. And that's about all it'll let me put there.

steam_sig.png
    Different things have different loads. Rocks and buildings are pretty low, but things that move are way higher. So trees, animals, the windmill, fish pool.. it's all very high. And companions are the highest.

• GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Aww dang, I was hoping that based on the wording in the rank bonus menu for my teapot, "highest adeptal energy", that simply hitting the energy threshold once would be enough and then I could stop just cramming a bunch of fences and shit into all the nooks and corners of my islands to get the highest accumulation rate.

You can set up one of the realm types, or whatever it's called, with a bunch of stuff to hit the max, and then just ignore that and build whatever you want on the realm you actually want. Cram Emerald Peak full of garbage, and switch to Cool Isle or whichever you'll be using.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    Ohhh so it'll count other realm layouts even if they're not active? Can furnishings be shared between active and inactive layouts?

steam_sig.png
    Yep. You can even use the same house in every layout if you want.

Eula 90. Now I can start funneling all these dandelion seeds into Jean.

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Ugn.

ls149g7xyj55.png

4 stars for the Ayato/Venti banner:

Yun Jin
    Sucrose
    Xiangling