As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Epic Seven - Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood collab incoming

24567

Posts

  • Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Yikes, people in the KR community are pretty upset:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/EpicSeven/comments/t6tmt3/translation_of_korean_interview_with/

    A lot of the newer heroes have definite power creep, but I've been having more fun with this meta than some of the previous ones *cough* Carrot *cough*

    Jubal77
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Yeah KR can calm the fuck down. They think they are helping us all out and i can say with certainly they just need to calm the fuck down because they are wrong.

  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Carrot was someone everyone could have though. MLs aren't. ML5s have a guarantee, at a price. ML4s don't.

    Angel of Light Angelica is called cancer for good reason, because cancer spreads and kills the healthy parts.

  • Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited March 5
    Madican wrote: »
    Carrot was someone everyone could have though. MLs aren't. ML5s have a guarantee, at a price. ML4s don't.

    Angel of Light Angelica is called cancer for good reason, because cancer spreads and kills the healthy parts.

    It wasn't so much that everyone had her, it was just that she was so strong you had to take her at the earliest opportunity. She also shut down a lot of other units and this led to very stale, predictable drafts. Additionally, because you were forced to use her it opened you up to get 15%'d pretty frequently due to the nature of her kit. There was a lot of malding :D

    Mace1370 on
    Jubal77
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 5
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Carrot was someone everyone could have though. MLs aren't. ML5s have a guarantee, at a price. ML4s don't.

    Angel of Light Angelica is called cancer for good reason, because cancer spreads and kills the healthy parts.

    It wasn't so much that everyone had her, it was just that she was so strong you had to take her at the earliest opportunity. She also shut down a lot of other units and this led to very stale, predictable drafts. Additionally, because you were forced to use her it opened you up to get 15%'d pretty frequently due to the nature of her kit. There was a lot of malding :D

    And she is stupid easy to gear to still be cancerous. Since she requires no crit. I don't RTA too so of course my opinion is slanted but AOL on AI/def is not OP so meh. I did RTA in SW for awhile and E7 doesnt know RNG horribleness.

    Edit: LOL was watching through some of my YT and goddoggos just said "why tank them when I can out gear them and on the rare case they outgear me I can blame RNG" and that is gacha whining to me.

    Jubal77 on
  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    Gonna try to down the south boss today so don't spend too much time trying to walk down for it.

    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Carrot was someone everyone could have though. MLs aren't. ML5s have a guarantee, at a price. ML4s don't.

    Angel of Light Angelica is called cancer for good reason, because cancer spreads and kills the healthy parts.

    It wasn't so much that everyone had her, it was just that she was so strong you had to take her at the earliest opportunity. She also shut down a lot of other units and this led to very stale, predictable drafts. Additionally, because you were forced to use her it opened you up to get 15%'d pretty frequently due to the nature of her kit. There was a lot of malding :D

    And she is stupid easy to gear to still be cancerous. Since she requires no crit. I don't RTA too so of course my opinion is slanted but AOL on AI/def is not OP so meh. I did RTA in SW for awhile and E7 doesnt know RNG horribleness.

    Edit: LOL was watching through some of my YT and goddoggos just said "why tank them when I can out gear them and on the rare case they outgear me I can blame RNG" and that is gacha whining to me.

    AOL was pretty unbalanced, but you have to take everything relative to it's context. There were options to deal with AOL even when she came out and people learned how to draft around her. The only options in the carrot meta were either take carrot, cleave, or build all of your units on ER. It was pretty dumb.

    Jubal77
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    We were able to get get through Phase 1 of the final boss, for the neck. We had no chance on the second phase as it had double the HP.

    Overall it was pretty fun. If I had 2 suggestions:

    1) Add more provisions. If needed, they can increase the cost of the items in the shop. But this would help folks not feel like you need to be on a rope to get to the final rewards. It could also allow for some more interesting mechanics to be added later, like clue following (find scroll, get small reward, area is highlighted on the map for the next clue, that has a medium reward, etc).

    2) Add more stuff to the shop. I'd love to see 2 more Mola's and Sub Gem chests as well as maybe 2 gear conversion chests. I know you can get infinite silver arti charms, but a lot of folks cleared out the store before getting to Floor 4. Also if they add more provisions, which would allow more folks to finish the Phase 2 boss, I'd maybe increase the rewards. Right now it looked like 30 powder, which isn't much. 100 powder would be a better reward.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Also maybe increase the max provisions. It's a fun mode, but I don't have the time to play it every day.

    Alternatively, make it last most of the month. Two weeks on, two weeks off is silly.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Seems like it's going to be 2 weeks on, 6 weeks off, last I heard.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    That's not better.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I can see the argument that doing it too often could burn people out. That is what the director said in an interview. Keep it once in awhile so people will engage it when it comes out.

  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Once every 2 months is fine with me. It took a lot of coordination to get it done. The guild I'm in is pretty causal so trying to get folks to follow directions on discord wasn't the easiest. Also with multiple lvl88 equipment rewards, they probably don't want to be giving those out every month. Hell Raid is 1 piece per month.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    That's fair I guess. I suppose I'm still salty over the dumb trials and their practice week, but inheritance is a way more time intensive mode.

    Also looks like we lost a couple guild members yesterday. I bet the new guild rewards were part of why they left.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah they are adding more stuff that benefits active guilds. That said, any guild is better than no guild for the guild crests and such. Even if you don't reach the gold stone or conversion chest.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Whelp the curse was broken last night. Got Biseria #2 from gBM's last night. That's the first ML5* I've gotten from gBM's since a week or 2 after I started playing. I stopped counting after 300 pulls (1,500 gBM's). Hopefully this is just the start haha.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Shadowfire
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Sounds like, along with the GG Collab info, we're getting a major update preview on Wednesday. They're likening it to the Rise update last spring so we'll see.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Man there is a lot to digest there in those changes. I suggest you just watch the vod heh.



    Too many changes to talk about really. But all are looking to make the game much better.

    Jack O looks fun.



    Also I dunno if you noticed like I did Shadow but in the epilogue video it looks like....
    Summer Cermia!

    Shadowfire
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I missed summer Cermia. Did you mean Alexa?

    Also ML Vivian looking pretty cool there.

    Also also, Taeyou's S3 looks fucking rad.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Jubal77
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I missed summer Cermia. Did you mean Alexa?

    Also ML Vivian looking pretty cool there.

    Also also, Taeyou's S3 looks fucking rad.

    Oh yeah sorry i watched it sleepy eyed. That is Alexa.

  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    If you don't want to watch the video or can't, here's the break down in notes: https://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/view/8321429

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Shadowfire
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The updates are really great, and as much as people bitch (shocking!), they should do a good job helping people. Just.. giving away Vivian, Cermia, and Sigret is huge for getting people into the endgame hunts. And then a hundred molas incoming, plus changes to moonlight bookmarks..

    This is a good update.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Jubal77Trajan45
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    The updates are really great, and as much as people bitch (shocking!), they should do a good job helping people. Just.. giving away Vivian, Cermia, and Sigret is huge for getting people into the endgame hunts. And then a hundred molas incoming, plus changes to moonlight bookmarks..

    This is a good update.

    Yeah they again show they listen and do updates based on the more fit throwing types that the genre tends to attract. Not only those additions but QoL things like the Auto Gear, the free gear every X gear creations etc etc.

    There also is the current unknown number of heroes we can get at +15 60 for just having several +15s and 60s.

    Shadowfire
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    the genre tends to attract

    There was definitely a glut of "big tiddy waifus" in that preview.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Jubal77Madican
  • Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited March 17
    They managed to completely break the game with the frenzy changes. I knew they were going to be bad, I didn’t realize it would be this bad. Happy newer and mid players will get more heroes and have more access to MLs. Overall, 0/10 for this patch.

    Also: ML flan looks cool, but is unusable.

    Mace1370 on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 17
    Oh I read the patch notes that detailed timelines. They did specifically state that they will review player input on frenzy changes and take them off if "not up to standards" and given SG does listen to players I imagine you are not alone in hating the changes and its a vocal hate for the top 1% minority? I have stayed away from the reddit lately

    Flan does look pretty unusable in RTA. Static PVP she looks fine. Especially us control types. At least for those of us outside legendary tier heh.

    Jubal77 on
  • Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Ya, she's super fun for GW and arena. Hopefully they take feedback regarding the frenzy changes. As they stand, they literally kill any sort of mid range or bruiser play styles.

  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 17
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Ya, she's super fun for GW and arena. Hopefully they take feedback regarding the frenzy changes. As they stand, they literally kill any sort of mid range or bruiser play styles.

    Can you elaborate a bit? I didnt pay attention to the changes other than that they were coming. It seems like those changes as I read them just mean passive crutches like Violet or Rem are lessened against elements they are supposed to be weak against. Milim I guess could be seen as a heafty nerf and Hwa I guess too but fire destroying water could be argued as not supposed to be a thing, as is the rest of the rgb wheel, and so reinforcing the disadvantage as a positive to draft diversity?

    Jubal77 on
  • Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    They added two changes to frenzy:

    1) RGB heroes get 30% adamant shield effect when attacked by their opposite element. So if you have a fire that is attacked by an enemy grass, your fire unit takes 30% less damage.

    2) Game wide sashe effect. Whenever a hero kills an enemy on their turn it boosts your entire team by 15% cr. This is not trigger by extra damage (ie bomb or burn detonations, counter attacks, etc).

    The RGB hero change wasn't very impactful, but the game wide sashe effect is huge. Essentially, whoever gets the first kill wins because it snowballs. You kill one hero and your team gets pushed up so you steal the turn. Then you kill another hero and push up again. This is a massive buff to cleave play styles and makes it almost impossible to play mid range, since a cleave player can easily snipe out one unit in the beginning and snow ball. Add this to an already aggressive meta filled with super high base speed units and units with powerful one shot abilities (like hwayoung) and you get a disaster.

  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 17
    Ahh I see interesting. Ill have to watch some streams and see. TBH when I watch high level RTA I dont see much midrange before really. Always seemed to be some sort of speed fight. But I can see your point and it does make sense now I think on it. I wonder if they made like politis or restrict work on the frezy it would help much....? heh :)

    Thank you for the response.

    Jubal77 on
    Mace1370
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I will say the new GG event makes the Re:Zero story look like Shakespeare.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I wasnt expecting much form GG run #3. It is kind of nice to be done with it already really. I farmed out another full portrait just cause and cleaned out the reputation without needing much energy. I have other stuff I could be doing heh. Still behind on story and I need catalysts heh.

  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The lollipop drop rate is fucking horrible. I want to grind out another Portrait but ew.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I must of got lucky. By the time I got done with farming out the rep I had enough for almost 2 portraits. But then again I also didnt want any of the other items in the shop heh.

  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I ran enough to get the stone and I think I have five lollipops. It's not great!

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Jubal77
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 20
    Did another refresh spree. 2k for 150 mystics ouch.... but I got Pirate Flan on the second summon! Saved 30 something on pity. So I get to save up for booba Vivian.

    And she does put the bomb from seaserias arti on and then detonate it same turn. She could be really fun.

    Jubal77 on
    Shadowfire
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Lollipops you say?

    https://www.reddit.com/r/EpicSeven/comments/ti4s3m/reward_data_200_runs_of_each_gg_mode_10k_energy/


    Mode Energy/Run Runs Total Energy Pops Drop Rate Pops/Energy Energy/Pop
    Easy 8 224 1792 16 7.14% 0.00893 112.0000
    Norm 15 215 3225 33 15.35% 0.01023 97.7273
    Hard 24 226 5424 57 25.22% 0.01051 95.1579
    Total energy spent: 10441

    Total wyvern runs missed: 522.05

  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Thankfully I don't need hardly any. I already have 3 arti's which seems good enough given how many good arti's are coming out these days. And 1 Sol is enough.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Jubal77
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Hey look at that... They changed something after feedback :)

  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    That's one way to buff DJB.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Jubal77
Sign In or Register to comment.