As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Totes!

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    Breaking: Davante Adams has been traded to the Raiders, per @RapSheet
    Whomp whomp. Hope getting paid was worth it, A-a-ron.

I mean at least he doesn't have to worry about his QB giving him the rona. Or how everyone in Greenbay wants him to be their one friend.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    are they staying with derek carr tho?

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Lol who is Rodgers going to throw to? MVS is a free agent. Lazard going to be their WR #1 ha.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Clay Matthews

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular

It's not like Rodgers didn't know Adams wasn't going to be back when he was negotiating.

Trajan45 wrote: »
    Lol who is Rodgers going to throw to? MVS is a free agent. Lazard going to be their WR #1 ha.

It really doesn't matter. Rodgers can't make most receivers look good regardless of their actual skill. Yeah, it sucks that Adams is gone, but someone else will step up.

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

I mean at least he doesn't have to worry about his QB giving him the rona. Or how everyone in Greenbay wants him to be their one friend.

Or, based on prior performance, the ball. Badum tish.

I kid though, I think Carr has been a much maligned QB for way too long. Is he great? No, but I think he's better than adequate.

But if the Raiders can't do anything this year, with Jacobs at RB, Adams and Renfrow as your WR1/2, and Waller at TE, they need to pack it in.

They're stuck in arguably the best division in foobaw, but fuck me, if that isn't the most stacked weapons set I've seen in a while.

Apparently Kaepernick reached out to the Seahawks, worked out with Tyler Lockett, etc.

Carroll was asked about it and gave the most wishy-washy non-answer possible and I get the distinct impression that he doesn't want Kaep at all but he doesn't want to get raked over the coals for saying so.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Kaep can't melt steel beams.

• tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    5 years 142.5m for Adam's new deal. Rodgers extension or no, a 30m a season wide receiver was probably never tenable for GBs cap.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Cole Beasley. They can anti vaxx together.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Carr was the best QB on 20+ yard passes at least through the first half of last season

He’s fine

Funny to see all these top guys heading to Vegas now post-Gruden

5 years 142.5m for Adam's new deal. Rodgers extension or no, a 30m a season wide receiver was probably never tenable for GBs cap.

Apparently GB matched the offer and Adams refused. I think he really wanted to go play with Carr. I guess he bought a house next door to Carr's.

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »

Apparently GB matched the offer and Adams refused. I think he really wanted to go play with Carr. I guess he bought a house next door to Carr's.

They played together in college I believe.

Psn:wazukki
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Cleveland: We think Mayfield isn't mature enough. We want Deshaun Watson instead.

Houston/Watson: Nah.

Baker Mayfield: I don't want to play where I'm not wanted. I request a trade.

Cleveland: Nah.

Well it’s not nothing that a final contract year where everyone hates each other makes the decision to not resign him easier

• HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    For better or worse, hopefully better, Adams is gone. Honestly it felt like he'd become a crutch for Rodgers the past couple years (especially 2021). Fun fact, the packers are 7-0 when Adams didn't play a game over the past couple years. Rodgers is better and the team performs well when he spreads the ball out.

Now the Packers have a ton of cap space, some decent draft spots (I think they have 5 of the top 100 picks this year). They could sign a couple vets, they've re-signed Cobb, get MVS back, and then draft and develop a few folks. They've got a good running game, most of their defense that matters is coming back. etc.

Not trying to be a homer, but I think it'll be fine.

camo_sig2.png
    /sigh

Jesus fucking Christ browns

Largest fully guaranteed contract ever for a dude who sexually assaulted at least 22 women

Jesus fucking christytyy

Cleveland: We think Mayfield isn't mature enough. We want Deshaun Watson instead.

Houston/Watson: Nah.

Baker Mayfield: I don't want to play where I'm not wanted. I request a trade.

Cleveland: Nah.

Baker Mayfield: How about now, ya pricks?

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    You know, it’s kind of liberating being no longer chained to rooting for the loser team you were born into ~47 years ago. This hire is the last straw.

…. And now they will probably be good now that I’m on the other side. Anyone want to curse an NFL franchise? I’ve got room for a new team.

• Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Every team that was in on him should wear a scarlet letter until they get new ownership. What a disgrace.

• TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Every team that was in on him should wear a scarlet letter until they get new ownership. What a disgrace.

I know , in an alternative universe where Dak is loathed by Boy's fans, That Jerrah would've Swooped in and welcomed Watson with open arms.

maraji wrote: »
    You know, it’s kind of liberating being no longer chained to rooting for the loser team you were born into ~47 years ago. This hire is the last straw.

…. And now they will probably be good now that I’m on the other side. Anyone want to curse an NFL franchise? I’ve got room for a new team.

Maybe the last 20 years or so was karma knowing what was coming. Hopefully the next 20 are the same.

Hope the Browns GM and ownership perpetually step on Lego's.

edited March 2022
    Jesus fucking Christ

Watson’s deal pays him $1 million this season (during which he is assuredly going to be suspended) and the rest over subsequent years

So the suspension touches less than 0.4% of this money

Captain Inertia on
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Gimme Mayfield to the Panthers. I'll take it

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    He's got Seahawk written all over him.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    He's got Seahawk written all over him.

He’s actually better when running for his life as he can’t see over the line. Sounds like a good fit.

• XantomasXantomas Registered User regular

Kansas City signed JuJu Smith-Schuster to a one year deal. I was just going to whine the other day about how the rest of the AFC West seems to be just stacking up on talent this off season, but I feel a little better now.

John Clayton a long time NFL reporter died today.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular

Ah man, that sucks. I didn't know he was ill.

I would download a car.
    lazegamer wrote: »

Ah man, that sucks. I didn't know he was ill.

I swear I recall hearing he had cancer, but that could have been another espn guy. Still sucks obviously whatever killed him.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    "Brief illness" is the statement from the family.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.

Aw man that sucks

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
    This will forever be my best memory of John Clayton:
    https://youtu.be/XvXRaSvxmqg

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    The Deshaun Watson stuff is insane to me. Criminal charges or no, there is obviously a massive problem with him personally.

Even if you're an amoral shithead NFL executive, it just seems like poor risk management to have a franchise QB who is almost definitely an unrepentant serial rapist.

Smurph wrote: »
    The Deshaun Watson stuff is insane to me. Criminal charges or no, there is obviously a massive problem with him personally.

Even if you're an amoral shithead NFL executive, it just seems like poor risk management to have a franchise QB who is almost definitely an unrepentant serial rapist.

Well... I'm sure he's learned his lesson.

I mean, if we've learned anything in recent history, if you do something bad ad aren't held to account, and are completely unapologetic, then it never becomes an issue, ever again, and they become fully well rounded people.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

I wouldnt say that, it worked for the Rooney's and Steelers C-Suite just fine.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai

I wouldnt say that, it worked for the Rooney's and Steelers C-Suite just fine.

Same division!