As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Where No Dog Has Gone Before

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2022 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Where No Dog Has Gone Before

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    BropocalypseBropocalypse Registered User regular
    That's some premium Jerry speech, right there. This was an actual conversation they had, I'm sure.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    It's been a hell of a ride, Gracie

i-JgGLLDQ-1738x871.jpg

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    "Says who" got me.

• Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Last time that dog was this high was when she was being carried off by a bird of prey.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    The saddest thing about the "you were born in a rough year" line was that it was written in 2016.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Probably the hardest I've laughed at a strip in awhile.

I'm curious what the criteria for Mike drawing them and "Mije and Jerry" and not "Gabe and Tycho" is.

• Options
    hibryd7hibryd7 Registered User regular
    I'll keep saying it, I like cartoon Mike and Jerry as much if not more than Gabe and Tycho. There's always been an awkward relationship between the histories of those 2 sets of personas, might as well rip the band-aid off entirely.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    It's been a hell of a ride, Gracie

i-JgGLLDQ-1738x871.jpg

When you truly love your pet eagle, you spring for the premium eagle chow.
    Such a majestic birb.

• Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    The saddest thing about the "you were born in a rough year" line was that it was written in 2016.

If I were told things were going to get better in 2016, I'd want to be on what Gracie's on too.

• Options
    raycornwallraycornwall Jacksonville, FLRegistered User new member
    When's the last time we saw cartoon Mike and Jerry? At first I thought it was the first time, but then I read the previous comments.

• Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    I only remember this one:

i-HxFJmZ3-X2.jpg

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    Giant SloarGiant Sloar Registered User regular
    On the note about "salivary kidney stones" I never knew dogs could get those! They're usually a sign of long term dehydration, when the stuff that makes saliva doesn't have the required water to secrete properly so it forms a clump like a tiny grain of rice. They're not harmful but distressingly annoying as in "There's a lump, WHY IS THERE A LUMP?" Never type that in Google. You'll only find fear and despair.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    When's the last time we saw cartoon Mike and Jerry? At first I thought it was the first time, but then I read the previous comments.

They show up every now and again, I think whenever Mike feels like it.

• Options
    Mercade wrote: »
    I only remember this one:

i-HxFJmZ3-X2.jpg

That's "Retina Mike and Jerry". This strip has "Cute Mike and Jerry" (how Mike described it). To my knowledge, he only started drawing them in the couple of years.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    This is the only other one I can think of off the top of my head.

i-MzM2ngx-X3.jpg

EDIT: Good lord, that strip is like 9 years old.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Wow, that would probably be the earliest version. Definitely didn't think he'd done it that long ago. Of course, that's in there to intentionally make the difference between G&T world and M&J world. And the style has a lot of real differences (even more than Mike's changing art always does).

I know there's at least one more in the last couple of years.

• Options
    BropocalypseBropocalypse Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    They've definitely done more than that; there was a recent one about Valheim ft. Mike and Gabe the younger. And, I seem to recall another one featuring depictions of voice chat. Vague, I know.

Bropocalypse on
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Mike's pandemic beard is really taking over.

• Options
    True, I was thinking of the Mike & Jerry ones. But yeah, there were more that were just Mike (and family, which are also Gabe's family sometimes).

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Based on the comic's title, I really thought this was going to be about something else. Something related to Neil Armstrong.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Artereis wrote: »
    Mike's pandemic beard is really taking over.

Good for him, he's long wanted to have a beard, he's finally realized his dream.

215497326_sk9Ln-L-2.jpg

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular

I am glad he felt the need to clarify that he did not let Jerry take her drugs.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    He did not let Jerry take her drugs.

• Options
    doompookydoompooky Wild (Let's Draw A) Horses Couldn't Drag Me AwayRegistered User regular

There are other additional permutations, but these are the ones I'm most concerned about

we7ek91hy97o.png
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Don't forge
    t He did not let Jerry take her drugs.

• Options
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Don't forge

You mean the one I said above? 🤔

• Options
    LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    Does the new site design prevent people from triggering the start of a thread for the new comic?

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Lttlefoot wrote: »
    Does the new site design prevent people from triggering the start of a thread for the new comic?

I would say yes (and it's been mentioned in the newer comic thread a couple of times, but buried under all the remixes). I'm not sure that pulling in forum comments is something they want to do any more. I'm not sure who is even responsible for the code that autogenerates the forum post.

Edit: Discussion should probably go here:
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/243973/comic-comments-gone-for-good

dennis on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Don't forge

You mean the one I said above? 🤔

No, it's completely different.