As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All the [Love]ly people

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I've currently got one other person I'm talking to but I'm not sure my hearts in it anymore. I'm gonna start deleting accounts again for a while I think.

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I've pinned all my hopes on a relationship I know won't work out, despite both of us wanting it to, because I need that fuckin' pathos, I crave it. gotta go for those big feels.

she's leaving on a jet plane and I'm just like "guess who is gonna listen to Bright Eyes for a straight month."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FX3ASVFLKM

• KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    So. This is the third occurrence this has happened. I need to know why whatsapp.

Ive matched with ethnic asian girls with very good/staged photos. They have all within the first couple messages asked to switch to Whatsapp. When I say no they unmatch. These are scammers right? Why are they asking to switch to the whatsapp? Information gathering?

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Kruite wrote: »
    So. This is the third occurrence this has happened. I need to know why whatsapp.

Ive matched with ethnic asian girls with very good/staged photos. They have all within the first couple messages asked to switch to Whatsapp. When I say no they unmatch. These are scammers right? Why are they asking to switch to the whatsapp? Information gathering?

To send links to cam sites and stuff. Things that would get them banned from the main dating sites.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

The edible was a mistake not because I didn’t have fun
    But this woman I met at potluck and got drinks with once and had interest in but hadn’t been able to see in a bit and wasn’t sure if there was mutual interest (like, we had casual neighborhood not explicit date drinks many weeks ago, and hadn’t managed to meet since so I wasn’t sure if she was at least slightly mutually interested or just busy )
    Texted me at like 11pm asking if wanted to grab a drink right then at the bar for a nightcap that we were talking about going to!!

But I was fully melted blob of blootedness and half asleep
    Tho regardless I had already brushed teeth and was half in bed but !

How rare for me
    But that’s promising??

Also why I need to have my life in order again so I can feel more ready for things if I’m rested and organized and healthy and tidy etc
    Much easier to date when you’re on top of things

And the problem I’ve lately not been on top of things or taking care of myself
    Which is why I felt I wanted to edible because I wanted sleep and had a not great week

I shall get things in order

Promising tho???? Right??? (Legitimately, I’ve never turned someone I met in the wild into romantic interest or even smoocher, and my dating app success rate was iffy)

Lol have also been unpacking my avoidance re:dating and reflecting (the avoidance is v strong but also the confidence is low, and the confidence increases when my life is together and I’m healthy) and how they have hindered my dating in the last decade

poo
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    my eternal nemesis for dating has always been "no you don't want none of this, this is a mess, save yourself"

BahamutZERO.gif
    "No man is an island"

Lol

"Man cannot live by bread alone"

Lmao rofl

My entire existence is defined by being completely singular and full of gluten. Take that, the Bible.

I don't know what the context of this exactly.

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    The edible was a mistake not because I didn’t have fun
    But this woman I met at potluck and got drinks with once and had interest in but hadn’t been able to see in a bit and wasn’t sure if there was mutual interest (like, we had casual neighborhood not explicit date drinks many weeks ago, and hadn’t managed to meet since so I wasn’t sure if she was at least slightly mutually interested or just busy )
    Texted me at like 11pm asking if wanted to grab a drink right then at the bar for a nightcap that we were talking about going to!!

But I was fully melted blob of blootedness and half asleep
    Tho regardless I had already brushed teeth and was half in bed but !

How rare for me
    But that’s promising??

Also why I need to have my life in order again so I can feel more ready for things if I’m rested and organized and healthy and tidy etc
    Much easier to date when you’re on top of things

And the problem I’ve lately not been on top of things or taking care of myself
    Which is why I felt I wanted to edible because I wanted sleep and had a not great week

I shall get things in order

Promising tho???? Right??? (Legitimately, I’ve never turned someone I met in the wild into romantic interest or even smoocher, and my dating app success rate was iffy)

Lol have also been unpacking my avoidance re:dating and reflecting (the avoidance is v strong but also the confidence is low, and the confidence increases when my life is together and I’m healthy) and how they have hindered my dating in the last decade

Um that is...VERY promising. Hit them on up while both of you are sober, they may be a little embarrassed if it was a tipsy text. (Obviously I don't know the first thing about how much ya'll do or don't talk etc.)

So that random coffee date I had a few weeks back? I kinda ended up deleting her number in the aftermath of the whole other thing I was dealing with.

Anyway I just woke up from a nap and she called me so I panicked and made up an excuse but anyway I guess we're doing something tomorrow?

I dunno, I wasn't prepared for it and I've been in a weird headspace for the last week and now I'm kinda like wait shit

Aaaand the other person I broke things off with just texted me.

I am not in a decent enough place to handle this right now.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    When in doubt, go to sleep

edited March 2022
    This is probably a good idea.

Edit: There is a slight problem tho. I woke up at 2 pm then took a nap at about 5:30 pm because I am a terrible person.

Juggernut on
  • LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Sleep more. Or crawl into bed, pull some warm blankets over your head, and pretend.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    You ain't gotta literally sleep, just have plausible deniability regarding having slept and not been able to immediately respond to a text

Sleeping on it doesn't have to be sleeping, not everyone gains their insight through prophetic dreams

• ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    You ain't gotta literally sleep, just have plausible deniability regarding having slept and not been able to immediately respond to a text

Sleeping on it doesn't have to be sleeping, not everyone gains their insight through prophetic dreams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBO5olzZVZY

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Yeah, unless you gave her stuff or something you don’t owe her a response juggs.

I finally got to sleep and after sleeping(ish) on it I just don't think I can actually respond.

I've been increasingly unsure if I made the right decision in breaking things off and having her text me was a little bit of a shock. I was super conflicted and wondering if I should have a sit down and maybe see if it was something that could be worked out, but in the sober light of (late) morning the nature of the texts was kinda shitty and makes me think long term she would've been too much to deal with. I am not a dude of drama or passion. For better or worse I'm not texting somebody at 1am.

So, still dunno if I blew my chance with somebody over nothing but shit, I made a decision and I guess I'm going to stick to it.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have probably blown a bunch of chances because I just was not in a good mood or quite distracted with other things

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Same. I think that's just life tbh

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    it is kinda just life but also

gpbm2jkewe97.png

The brain spiders are an irreplaceable part of my brain fauna without which the entire ecosystem would collapse.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    My brain spider is kind of hard to talk about because reasons but sadly I just prop up the facade of my larp character to converse
    Which does not help

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    The brain spiders are an irreplaceable part of my brain fauna without which the entire ecosystem would collapse.

that's just the eyes on the inside forming

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    It's too hard to meet people

I'm going to move into a cave

If living in a cave, getting a tooth infection, having somebody trepan you with a sharp rock and living a few more pitiful years until you're finally put out of your misery by a giant sloth was good enough for my ancestors it's good enough for me, goddammit.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »

gpbm2jkewe97.png

When therapy stops costing a third of what I make in a month I'll get right back on it.

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular

without them maintaining the support webbing, my brain would collapse and drip into my spine

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular

gpbm2jkewe97.png

When therapy stops costing a third of what I make in a month I'll get right back on it.

Wow that's horrible; I had kind of assumed NHS would have something to help cover it.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Therapy is great for coping with continuing to exist but ain't never really made anything any better.

Therapy definitely made my life better. It helped me let go of the deep bitterness I felt about my youth

gpbm2jkewe97.png

Wow that's horrible; I had kind of assumed NHS would have something to help cover it.

It does. But the waiting lists are lengthy and the access is poor

In the US the access is not poor. Not poor only.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited March 2022

gpbm2jkewe97.png

I have received mental health stuff on the NHS, counselling and CBT. But I reached the limit of what that could do and I think if I get any more therapy it needs to be more proper shrink stuff, which is way slower and more difficult to access.

But also I'm, like, functional these days, so it's less of an issue I guess.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Boy I had no idea the NHS paid for CBT.

Also how many things does CBT mean because the only one I know is a sex thing.

Cognitive Behavioural Therapy my dude

I don't do therapy, I just unload my problems on you guys for sympathy awesomes and let that dopamine carry me away

edited March 2022
    I used to do therapy and it probably helped some but also it cost so much fucking money and then the money ran out
    ultimately it didn't really help or fix any of the fundamental problems which were societal and systemic in nature so that's a case where therapy couldn't address the roots of my problems

e: EXCEPT for my fear of needles and shots, I tried some cognitive behavioral therapy for that very specific kind of problem and it did help with that

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Well today kind of sucked. I got invited out by a friend only to show up to a big group of people along with several of their friends who I didn't know. I just immediately felt extremely out of place and like I needed to leave so I just dipped. Which I've kinda been doing a lot of that recently.

Went home and took a nap. Never heard back from coffee girl so I'm just sitting on my couch feeling overwhelmingly like a sad sack and drinking apple juice for some reason.

I burned two vacation days for this.

I feel that, social anxiety bros

BahamutZERO.gif
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    If living in a cave, getting a tooth infection, having somebody trepan you with a sharp rock and living a few more pitiful years until you're finally put out of your misery by a giant sloth was good enough for my ancestors it's good enough for me, goddammit.

Fuck that, I'm making it to the singularity.