As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Easy pass I think. I don't use Yun Jin, and I've got c6 and c4 on Sucrose and Xiangling respectively, so they're squared away there. Not interested in the headliners either.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    4 stars for the Ayato/Venti banner:

Yun Jin
    Sucrose
    Xiangling

Haven't been able to find confirmation of this myself, but I'd love it if so. Yun Jin one of my desirable 4* characters, and it's been ages since Sucrose was on a banner.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I'd love some more constellations for her, and I'm assuming it'll be the same for the Venti banner.

Looking forward to Xiangling C12 or so.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Man, that is a damn good banner. Sucrose does work at C6 in a Tazer team (Hell, she's great in one at C0 but even better with Cons), Xiangling is just absurd once you get C4 and Yun Jin has some pretty great Constellations too.

I am now wondering if Venti is still worth or if I should just hold out for Kazuha. I /do/ have one of my Main DPS as Ayaka and they have great synergy for the enemies that are actually affected by his burst...

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Yun Jin is nice, but I really needs me some Gorou const's.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    When Flowers Bloom web event is live. The reward is only 40 primos but it takes very little time to complete.

edited March 2022
    A Thousand Questions with Paimon is also back and I'm finally happy to see it for once because I am in desperate need of Mora after building up Raiden and Sara so soon after Yae Miko and a partial Ningguang.

Edit: Bad link, my bad. Correct one below.

Darth_Mogs on
    "Event has ended"

Booooooooo.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yeah the second one has days from last November for me

steam_sig.png
  • ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    "Event has ended"

Booooooooo.

I think that's an incorrect link. Try this: https://hoyo.link/ed9VUBA6

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Boy I suck at those quizzes. It’s not timed so I really should slow down.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
    "Event has ended"

Booooooooo.

I think that's an incorrect link. Try this: https://hoyo.link/ed9VUBA6

Whoops, yeah. I wasn't looking at dates, I just found that one (I do all my stuff on PS5, so I have to like, look around on PC) and dropped it. You'd think they would take those down.

edited March 2022

I'm gonna need ninja lady.

Edit: leaks are saying she's an electro sword healer. Qiqi but electro sounds like a fun pair for Eula.

Shadowfire on
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    I just hope they are a bit better than the 4*s we've been getting lately. For me Sayu has been the last 4* with interesting talents and even that's mostly because of her out of combat mobility. They don't all need to be Bennetts but I just hope they aren't all Thomas from now on. Assuming they are 4*?

Mirkel on
    I'm assuming Yelan is 5*, Kuki 4*.

edited March 2022
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I'm assuming Yelan is 5*, Kuki 4*.

Correct. Yelan is a 5* water bow, Kiki Shinobu a 4* electro sword.

Shadowfire on
    Mirkel wrote: »
    I just hope they are a bit better than the 4*s we've been getting lately. For me Sayu has been the last 4* with interesting talents and even that's mostly because of her out of combat mobility. They don't all need to be Bennetts but I just hope they aren't all Thomas from now on. Assuming they are 4*?

This is a pretty interesting discussion. Some of the initial 4* characters are really strong (Bennett, Xingqiu, Xiangling, and Sucrose in particular), and they definitely do seem to have gotten more reserved about 4* strength since then. But I don't think they've all been that bad or uninteresting. I'll give you Thoma, but Rosaria, Yanfei, Sayu, Sara, Gorou, and Yun Jin are all solid characters. I suppose Gorou and Yun Jin are kinda particular in the teams they work in, and Yanfei is just kinda outclassed by some 5* characters, but they certainly aren't bad.

Sara's main issue is that Bennett outclasses her. But that's just because he's OP.

This is a pretty interesting discussion. Some of the initial 4* characters are really strong (Bennett, Xingqiu, Xiangling, and Sucrose in particular), and they definitely do seem to have gotten more reserved about 4* strength since then. But I don't think they've all been that bad or uninteresting. I'll give you Thoma, but Rosaria, Yanfei, Sayu, Sara, Gorou, and Yun Jin are all solid characters. I suppose Gorou and Yun Jin are kinda particular in the teams they work in, and Yanfei is just kinda outclassed by some 5* characters, but they certainly aren't bad.

I find Sara way too gimmicky for a 6s buff. Maybe I'm just old with slow reflexes but that's way too short for an ATK buff. Rosaria and Yanfei I use a fair amount but they are from before the latest wave of niche 4*s. I wouldn't mind new 4*s at that powerlevel really. Gorou and Yun Jin are both fairly niche and IMO boring since they just swap in, buff and swap out. You could say that for a number of older support characters too but to me using somebody like Xiangling for her burst is far more interesting as it isn't just a "+damage" but a giant swirling pyronado around you.

It could be partly I'm just getting more bored of the game, but as somebody who likes to try all sorts of non-optimal teams I just don't find niche 4*s very appealing.

The short timer on Sara's buff is definitely a big problem, but in my opinion it's part of what makes her interesting to use. You either need to be good at snapshotting your buffs, or use a character who does most of their damage in a short window, or regularly switch back to Sara so that she can do another buff. I found she got a lot more fun to use with her C2, since the initial use of her E can buff a character, and then you can switch back to her and just fire and arrow to buff another character, and then also use her burst.

It certainly looks bad compared to Bennett, though.

Thoma is great if you need a beefy shield. He's outclassed by Zhongli, but that still puts his shield at a solid #2, miles ahead of Diona. Yun Jin works really well for anyone who attacks fast, particularly Yoimiya and Fischl. They're already machine guns, the attack buff is huge for them.

Yeah, I could see that working for c1 Fischl's physical dps build, but her more common usage is defnitely off-field battery/damage via Oz. And c6 Oz is beautiful.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Yeah, I could see that working for c1 Fischl's physical dps build, but her more common usage is defnitely off-field battery/damage via Oz. And c6 Oz is beautiful.

Rust / +Phys or straight ATK Fischl is pretty real, especially for co-op. Yun Jin is pretty darn good for her; sounds like Ayato might be too, weirdly.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Took 59 shots at Kokomi and missed them all. I guess I’ll re-grow the primo pile until at least 2.7.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Took 59 shots at Kokomi and missed them all. I guess I’ll re-grow the primo pile until at least 2.7.

This went on for several hours, had another popsicle. Long story short: missed.

steam_sig.png
    First ten pull got two Yun Jin and a Venti, which is great! Since I did so well, I did a ten pull for Ayato as well.

And I finally have Qiqi. :P

Picked up Ayato last night. At soft pity and guaranteed, so the only lucky part is that I got two constellations for Yun Jin along the way. Happy with that, for now!

He's definitely fun. I'm trying to do some research today to confirm how he works, so I can start planning for how I want to use him. Seems his burst works pretty much the same as Ganyu's, so he gets the same quadratic scaling on it, as expected. It also snapshots buffs on cast, which is nice. His on-field energy generation is also okay, but it seems like he's going to have energy generation issues anyway, if only because no team ever uses two hydro characters.

Here's a code for 60 primos: MS7C3SV8DMZH
    Redeem here

Picked up Ayato last night. At soft pity and guaranteed, so the only lucky part is that I got two constellations for Yun Jin along the way. Happy with that, for now!

He's definitely fun. I'm trying to do some research today to confirm how he works, so I can start planning for how I want to use him. Seems his burst works pretty much the same as Ganyu's, so he gets the same quadratic scaling on it, as expected. It also snapshots buffs on cast, which is nice. His on-field energy generation is also okay, but it seems like he's going to have energy generation issues anyway, if only because no team ever uses two hydro characters.

They should really change hydro synergy to be an HP buff or something. Healing buffs aren't super useful for anyone.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

They should really change hydro synergy to be an HP buff or something. Healing buffs aren't super useful for anyone.

You can do some really hilarious face-tanking on Kokomi because of it, but that's more amusing than useful a lot of the time. HP & healing scaling up would have many more-useful applications.

I do run Xingqiu / Kokomi / C6 Bennet / Rainslasher Diluc sometimes. It is hilarious. Other than doing something similar with Hu Tao there probably aren't other applications.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited March 2022
    The new character's kits are out there if you are interested. Both scale with HP, time to hold on to all those crappy HP artifacts. Also both kits look quite interesting, Kuki might be the best (or at least most fun) new 4* for a while if the numbers work out.

Mirkel on
    I didn't realize until now that there are no HP swords. Huh.

edited March 2022
    The new character's kits are out there if you are interested. Both scale with HP, time to hold on to all those crappy HP artifacts. Also both kits look quite interesting, Kuki might be the best (or at least most fun) new 4* for a while if the numbers work out.

I'm going to end up calling her Cookie, but she does look pretty good.

And wow is Whale Yelan going to look different from C0 Yelan. Biggest swing in gameplay by constellations for a 5* I can remember.

E: Also I hope this is the dam-break that leads to me having someone worth equipping The Bell to at some point.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    @surrealitycheck Amber is in the shop this month.

Also, she was in my 5 shop fates, so constellation 4 now.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    Grislo wrote: »
    surrealitycheck Amber is in the shop this month.

Also, she was in my 5 shop fates, so constellation 4 now.

I'm real tempted to buy that copy of Amber, myself. That would take me to C4 too, which is a good one, and I just picked up the Elegy off the weapon banner, too. I still don't know that she'd be good, but she'd certainly allow Hu Tao to do some mean things to bosses, and do some significant damage of her own.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    i know and shes now

wait for it

c3

got my lisa to c6 and a skyward atlas getting the last starglitter to buy it though so im being taunted

havent really been playing last month so mebbe i can do a bit of farmage, she still doesnt have a 5* bow though i have multiple 5* weapons of every other kind pepehands

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    You guys have c4 Ambers? I have c1 Kaeya, c0 Amber and c0 Lisa. I don't really use any of them (besides using Amber to blow up electro cube's prisms) so I don't really care, just shows that you can get to almost AR58 and not really get any copies of them. I got the one Kaeya fairly early on so it's been well over a year without seeing any of the starter gang for me.

You guys have c4 Ambers? I have c1 Kaeya, c0 Amber and c0 Lisa. I don't really use any of them (besides using Amber to blow up electro cube's prisms) so I don't really care, just shows that you can get to almost AR58 and not really get any copies of them. I got the one Kaeya fairly early on so it's been well over a year without seeing any of the starter gang for me.

RNG gonna be weird some times, especially with odds as low as these. I've got C3 Amber and C3 Lisa, despite not having them leveled up above 20. But I only just recently got Kaeya's C1, who I have at 80. Such is life. I also still don't have either Diluc or Jean, somehow. Missing one of the base 5*s is probably common, but missing two after this long strikes me as unlikely.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i got no mona or qiqi and i only spend primos on the standard banner

i want mona because shes funny

obF2Wuw.png
    edited April 2022

RNG gonna be weird some times, especially with odds as low as these. I've got C3 Amber and C3 Lisa, despite not having them leveled up above 20. But I only just recently got Kaeya's C1, who I have at 80. Such is life. I also still don't have either Diluc or Jean, somehow. Missing one of the base 5*s is probably common, but missing two after this long strikes me as unlikely.

I have c4 Qiqi, c0 Diluc and c0 Keqing, no Mona or Jean. At this rate I'll get c6 Qiqi before I finish getting all the standard banner 5*s.

Bought this month's freebie standard banner fates and half expected to get an Amber or Lisa after saying I never get them, but all I got was a boring old Favonious Greatsword.

Mirkel on