As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Bad Food] Thread is dead and gone forever

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I'm getting a little better at this
    2pjtum4cixmo.jpg

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Can you draw a horse in it?

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

I'll try that tomorrow

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited March 2022

What are you talking about, that looks just like a horse to me.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

What are you talking about, that looks just like a horse to me.

Thank you, this is what I was looking for.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    It was cake day at the office today, every Thursday the catering company that provides our lunch also provides some sort of cake. There are good cake days and bad cake days.

Today it was quinoa muffins with kale frosting.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    It was cake day at the office today, every Thursday the catering company that provides our lunch also provides some sort of cake. There are good cake days and bad cake days.

Uh... huh. Well. I could see the first part working out, but kale frosting is what?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    "It tastes like fart" is exactly the sort of glowing review you want to hear as you're reaching for a muffin.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    sounds like the sort of thing that would be made and/or consumed on a dare.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    "It tastes like fart" is exactly the sort of glowing review you want to hear as you're reaching for a muffin.

Okay but then you have to try it to confirm whether or not it does taste like fart otherwise you'll be left wondering.

• Options
    It tasted briefly like fart and then of sugar, vanilla and slightly crunchy nothing.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    It tasted briefly like fart and then of sugar, vanilla and slightly crunchy nothing.

Waveform function collapsed successfully

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    God thats like a bad Parks and Rec joke, made real.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

Meanwhile, there's a baker typing up a post for r/maliciouscompliance about the client who wanted healthier cake with their office lunches. They will receive at least 4,700 upvotes.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Healthier cake would be something like using fruit to get the sweetness (liberal amounts of fruit), use a dusting of powdered sugar instead of icing, etc. Maybe use some oats or something in there, those work fine in desserts.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    zaorgxqsaeai.gif

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    "Tonight on soft copy: Snapple's unsuccessful competitor, crapple."

Scrapple

Which is A Thing you can eat. Technically.

Scrapple is delicious. You've got to fry it right, though, because without the crispy outside it's just mushy.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Ketar wrote: »

Meanwhile, there's a baker typing up a post for r/maliciouscompliance about the client who wanted healthier cake with their office lunches. They will receive at least 4,700 upvotes.

And rightly so.
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Healthier cake would be something like using fruit to get the sweetness (liberal amounts of fruit), use a dusting of powdered sugar instead of icing, etc. Maybe use some oats or something in there, those work fine in desserts.

Carrot cake springs to mind. It has carrots in it, and that's pretty damb healthy.

V1m on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

Any local posters feel like going out and setting some cars on fire with me?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Always.

We, uh..... we going for a burger after?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Wtf is a Braums

That whole list is like when British people talk about their favorite food places

I have no frame of reference whatsoever

"Well there's Chozzwangers, which is not quite as good as The Flerp House, but still better than Edward's Curry Palace."

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

It's...

It's literally a Parks and Rec joke!
    https://youtu.be/D_3_9NExalk

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    webguy20 wrote: »

It's...

It's literally a Parks and Rec joke!
    https://youtu.be/D_3_9NExalk

Hahaha holy shit. That's great.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    chaosbearchaosbear Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Any local posters feel like going out and setting some cars on fire with me?

How the Fuck did Braums beat Nic's?! That's the most grievous insult that has ever been perpetrated in these food bracket contests ever. And that's not even getting into the wrongness of New State beating both Burger Punk and The Garage.

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Wtf is a Braums

That whole list is like when British people talk about their favorite food places

"Well there's Chozzwangers, which is not quite as good as The Flerp House, but still better than Edward's Curry Palace."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kGRog-4enQ

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Wtf is a Braums

What do you mean?

Also should I get a greggs for lunch, or go to Morleys? It's friday after all

• Options
    I think I need a new group gasket for my espresso machine

I got a bottomless porta filter and it doesn't seal great so it leaks a little right at the start. I think maybe a gasket upgrade would help.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Wtf is a Braums

Braums is a regional fast food and dairy chain.
    They make pretty good burgers for a fast food. They also have good ice cream and shakes. One of the reasons they don't expand much is they provide all their own milk from their own cows so they have a policy of all their stores needing to be within like 200 miles of their facilities.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I have decided to rank all the burgers on the burger bracket by stuffing them into my stupid mouth.

Round 1: Ludivine Wagyu Burger

649cp2muqw4e.png

Price: $18, including a generous portion of truffle fries.
    Toppings and condiments: The menu just says "daily preparation," so the burger I got wasn't quite the same as in the picture. This week's burger includes iceberg lettuce, fondue, and pepper jelly.
    Decent local beer on tap: Roughtail Everything Rhymes With Orange IPA

Ludivine is one of the fanciest restaurants in OKC and won a bunch of awards all at once about a decade ago. It's still a moderately hot weekend dinner reservation, although at a quarter to noon on Friday I was the only one in there.

The burger consisted of one thick and juicy patty, and you could really tell that someone took care not to work the meat too much after grinding so it was still almost falling-apart tender. The definition of American wagyu beef is only barely distinguishable from "anyone who has the balls to claim they're serving a wagyu burger," but it was definitely hella good beef. The main standout compared to other burgers I've had was the bun. A really nice tender brioche griddle-toasted in salty butter. The mild fondue and sweet-spicy pepper jelly went well together, and they were applied thoughtfully enough that they didn't gloop out all over the plate while I was eating. The iceberg lettuce was...present.

All in all, I'm not sure it's the best burger I've ever had in Oklahoma City, but it's certainly one of the most decadent. I didn't feel overcharged for what is almost definitely the most expensive burger I've tried around here. Not an every week burger, but the rotating and non-negotiable toppings are something I'll keep in mind for times when I'm in the mood for a small adventure that will someday give me gout.

Current ranking:
    1. Ludivine Wagyu Burger

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Ketar wrote: »

And rightly so.
    Karl wrote: »
    Wtf is a Braums

What do you mean?

Also should I get a greggs for lunch, or go to Morleys? It's friday after all

I had a Gregg's steak bake for lunch on Wednesday and I will hear nothing against them. I got exactly what I expected, wanted and paid (£1.65) for.

Yes obviously I had two, what are you, the pastry police?

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    you want healthy cake, just get some carrot cake. carrots are healthy!

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    That hamburger looks delicious

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Eat healthy food otherwise and have the cake as your cheat food.

• Options
    I made hot chocolate
    zl2wisdil2a6.jpg

• Options
    Up JobUp Job Registered User regular
    Looks like it could use some velocity.

• Options
    Up Job wrote: »
    Looks like it could use some velocity.

How much velocity?

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    However much it takes to get to my house.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited March 2022

Looks like it's all up to me, Oklahomans can clearly not be trusted with this dreadful burden.

Anyway, donate to your local period poverty org, or start one if there's not one already going. I hope this has all increased public awareness of Period OKC, which Linley Faye Smith currently runs.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.