As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wrestling Thread Hall of Famer Giant Tiger Presents: The Wrestling Thread

Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
edited July 2022 in Social Entropy++
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJdJZSuY014

Welcome to the Wrestle Thread everybody, please discuss everyone's favorite entrant into the SE++ Wrestling Thread Hall of Fame, or whatever other, less important wrestlers you want to talk about

DJ Eebs on

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Like a fool I watched Raw last night (I mostly read Daredevil comics, but I had Raw on while doing that) and saw Ricochet as the Intercontinental Champion and his announced match against Angel and Humberto on Smackdown and not even defending the title on Wrestlemania despite there being two nights of the show. So to lead into his title defense Ricochet loses a non-title match to Austin Theory clean in a pretty short match. I went to double check if he had a real Mania match and apparently to build to his title defense he lost to both Angel and Humberto with interference from each other so he's going into 'Mania with a three loss streak.

Just, awesome booking.

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Like a fool I watched Raw last night (I mostly read Daredevil comics, but I had Raw on while doing that) and saw Ricochet as the Intercontinental Champion and his announced match against Angel and Humberto on Smackdown and not even defending the title on Wrestlemania despite there being two nights of the show. So to lead into his title defense Ricochet loses a non-title match to Austin Theory clean in a pretty short match. I went to double check if he had a real Mania match and apparently to build to his title defense he lost to both Angel and Humberto with interference from each other so he's going into 'Mania with a three loss streak.

Just, awesome booking.

Ricochet is the #2 face on SDL (of male singles competitors) behind Drew McIntyre. This is more or less by default, since I'm hard pressed to name any others.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    Also Reggie proposed to Dana Brook and then Tozawa proposed to Tamina and both accepted.

I remember when Tozawa was wrestling amazing matches, I miss those times.

• burboburbo Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »

Just, awesome booking.

Ricochet is the #2 face on SDL (of male singles competitors) behind Drew McIntyre. This is more or less by default, since I'm hard pressed to name any others.

In this case, is #2 face a euphemism to say that he's book like a shithead?

burbo wrote: »

Just, awesome booking.

In this case, is #2 face a euphemism to say that he's book like a shithead?

It's not meant to be, although I can see why you'd think that.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    2 years ago today was the greatest staring contest ever https://streamable.com/o8r2v

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I had a lot of thoughts about making a Wrestlemania preview OP.

...followed by a lot of thoughts of "meh..."

Mwx884o.jpg
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    They got the Bucks and Danhausen for the AEW game stream tomorrow YES!

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    They got the Bucks and Danhausen for the AEW game stream tomorrow YES!

I'm honestly not that excited about the Bucks playing video games, but we'll see. Past experience is that the majority of the stream will be them explaining that they don't play video games and are bad at them.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    2 years ago today was the greatest staring contest ever https://streamable.com/o8r2v

The fuck are you talking about, this is a terrible staring contest, those guys blinked like, a whole bunch

• hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular

Nearly five minutes long at top speed lol

That match was something else.

Heading into Wrestlemania as Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns three happens its important to remember that Seth Rollins has as many wins as Lesnar and more than Roman in that match up.

Streaming now - Sleepy Hiromu

https://youtu.be/RoesS-i1hQE

Heading into Wrestlemania as Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns three happens its important to remember that Seth Rollins has as many wins as Lesnar and more than Roman in that match up.

Does this include his WM cash-in or is that counted as a triple threat?

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif

Does this include his WM cash-in or is that counted as a triple threat?

It includes the cash-in. It's funnier to say that Seth Rollins won the Lesnar vs. Reigns match than call it a triple threat.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Gonna have to start doing the inverse of the women’s belt trajectory.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    The Rollins cash-in on Lesnar/Reigns is still the single greatest last minute course correction in wrestilng.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Did I miss a major title change in AEW or did he steal it?

Goose! wrote: »
    Did I miss a major title change in AEW or did he steal it?

Last week's Dynamite had Cole stealing the world title and reDRagon stealing the tag titles. Later tonight they're having a title celebration party

Anyone having trouble hearing the commentary on the Show tonight

It’s more or less inaudible for me

Toni Storm is elite and I'm happy

JR with some “great” commentary that match

edited March 2022
    A nice close up of the new KO-D Openweight Championship belt.

It looks really damn good, but even better on the champion.

hailtothekale on
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

Frequently. I usually wonder if it's not a TSN thing or something, since I can hear clips on Twitter much more clearly. Like the Will Smith jab from Max, I didn't even catch it live, though I did hear the rest.

What did he say? (Asked for the above reason.)

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!

Frequently. I usually wonder if it's not a TSN thing or something, since I can hear clips on Twitter much more clearly. Like the Will Smith jab from Max, I didn't even catch it live, though I did hear the rest.

first of all I figured it out not sure if its what they are sending out or my receiver but its mixing the center channel down REAL LOW ill have to fix it before next week

and I don't have the exact quote but JR mentioned Toni's hairstyle and Schiavone was audibly weirded out/confused by the comment

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    I do feel a bit sorry for Lethal because he's getting high profile matches but it's against people who generally cannot lose at this point so he just ends up losing. On Dynamite anyway I don't consistently watch Rampage.

AlphaRomero on
    I do feel a bit sorry for Lethal because he's getting high profile matches but it's against people who generally cannot lose at this point so he just ends up losing. On Dynamite anyway I don't consistently watch Rampage.

If he hadn't used his position as top guy in RoH to be a sex pest to Taeler Hendrix and probably others maybe I'd feel sorry for him. Now I'm just disappointed they book him.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

I feel like he's getting the same booking they did with Ethan Page. Start out like he's a big deal for two weeks and then use the fact he makes others look good.

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Ouch, ok I didn't know that.

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular

first of all I figured it out not sure if its what they are sending out or my receiver but its mixing the center channel down REAL LOW ill have to fix it before next week

and I don't have the exact quote but JR mentioned Toni's hairstyle and Schiavone was audibly weirded out/confused by the comment

On top of the hair thing JR spent the match going off on tangents on Sting, Curt Henning, Darby and any other male wrestler he could talk about while Excalibur tried his best to call the match. So typical JR commentary during women's matches.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    JR was really off last night. It seemed like he forgot FTR were the tag champs previously during the start of their match. He was obviously bad during the women's match and just overall seemed to be three sentences behind everyone else on commentary.

Five shows already available

Wrestlemarinepiad 1989:
    Etsuko Mita and Toshiyo Yamada vs Manami Toyota and Mima Shimoda
    Kaoru Maeda and Mika Takahashi vs Texas and Tiffany
    Bull Nakano vs. Yumi Ogura in a double jeopardy match
    Itsuki Yamazaki vs. Noriyo Tateno in a double jeopardy match
    Beastie The Road Warrior, Big Bad Mama and Leilani Kai vs. Reibun Amada, Suzuka Minami and Yumiko Hotta
    Akira Hokuto and Mitsuko Nishiwaki vs. the Crush Gals (Chigusa Nagayo & Lioness Asuka)
    Bull Nakano, Itsuki Yamazaki, Lioness Asuka, Noriyo Tateno, Suzuka Minami, Yumiko Hotta & Yumi Ogura vs. Chigusa Nagayo in Nagayo's retirement series match
    30 Man Two Ring Battle Royal
    Lioness Asuka defends the WWWA title against Madusa Miceli

June 17 1990:
    Madusa Miceli vs. Noriyo Tateno in a first-round match of the Japan Grand Prix 1990
    Yumiko Hotta vs. Grizzly Iwamoto in a first-round match of the Japan Grand Prix 1990
    Akira Hokuto vs. Manami Toyota in a first-round match of the Japan Grand Prix 1990
    Japan Grand Prix 1990 semifinals matches
    Japan Grand Prix 1990 finals
    Aja Kong defends the All Pacific title against Suzuka Minami

July 21 1990:
    Sakie Hasegawa vs. Mayumi Yamamoto
    Etsuko Mita, Kaoru Ito and Mima Shimoda vs. Kyoko Inoue, Mariko Yoshida and Miori Kamiya
    Esther Moreno, Honey Wings (Kaoru Maeda & Mika Takahashi) and Mitsuko Nishiwaki vs. Bison Kimura, Grizzly Iwamoto, Hyper Cat and La Diabolica
    Eriko Yoshinaga vs. Akemi Torisu
    Akira Hokuto and Suzuka Minami vs. Noriyo Tateno and Yumiko Hotta
    Aja Kong vs. Madusa Miceli in a martial-arts street fight
    Bull Nakano defends the WWWA title against Manami Toyota

Survival Shout in Korakuen:
    Etsuko Mita vs. Miori Kamiya
    Kaoru Ito vs. Sakie Hasegawa
    Bulldog KT and Coolie SZ vs. Masa Michinoku and Monkey Magic Wakita
    Esther Moreno, Kaoru Maeda and Mika Takahashi vs. Hyper Cat, Kyoko Inoue and La Diabolica
    Mima Shimoda vs. Yumiko Hotta in a boxing match
    Madusa Miceli and Noriyo Tateno vs. Mitsuko Nishiwaki and Suzuka Minami
    Akira Hokuto vs. Manami Toyota
    Bull Nakano and Grizzly Iwamoto vs. Jungle Jack (Aja Kong and Bison Kimura)

Wrestlemarinepiad 1990:
    Kaoru Maeda and Mika Takahashi defend the Japanese tag titles against Etsuko Mita and Mima Shimoda
    Kaoru Ito vs. Bat Yoshinaga
    Esther Moreno, Noriyo Tateno, Takako Inoue and Xochitl Hamada vs. Hyper Cat, La Diabolica, Mayumi Yamamoto and Miori Kamiya in an elimination tag match
    Mariko Yoshida and Yumiko Hotta vs. Bison Kimura and Madusa Miceli
    UWA World Trios Title Match
    Los Brazos (Brazo de Oro, Brazo de Plata & El Brazo) defend the UWA trios titles against Gran Hamada, Kendo and Yoshihiro Asai
    WWWA Tag Team Title Best Two Out Of Three Falls Match
    Akira Hokuto and Suzuka Minami defend the WWWA tag titles against Kyoko Inoue and Manami Toyota in a 2-of-3 falls match
    Bull Nakano defends the WWWA title against Aja Kong in a cage match

If you've only seen Madusa/Alundra Blayze in WWF/WCW you are missing out, because she had some great matches in Japan.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Best part of Dynamite was Regal going "Man-in-Mask". Kills me every time.

Otherwise, the wrestling matches themselves were good and enjoyable, but the storylines / bits were terrible. I think that's my main feeling about AEW now, good wrestling, but terrible plotting and storylines.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
This discussion has been closed.