As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I will say after I didn't I'd wait on doing the side quest with "pirate court" (you'll know it when you're on it) because the reward for me has been a god damn work horse even with it being 5 levels under 40.
    Quest rewards will pop up in vending machines from time to time after you unlock them.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    I will say after I didn't I'd wait on doing the side quest with "pirate court" (you'll know it when you're on it) because the reward for me has been a god damn work horse even with it being 5 levels under 40.
    Quest rewards will pop up in vending machines from time to time after you unlock them.

Sweet I should look for that rifle. Because like I said fucking work horse.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    I rebought a corrosive pistol quest reward because of how awesome it is {Goblin Repellent was the name I think) and I'd gladly buy it again at 40.

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I've always found it awkward how Borderlands slides matchmaking for multiplayer under like two submenus.

Been in matchmaking for Chaos fun for over half an hour.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    This game still has the same balancing issue where a blue gun from 5-10 levels ago does more damage and feels better to use than a new epic one at-level

not sure if they will ever be able to iron that out

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Dac wrote: »
    I've always found it awkward how Borderlands slides matchmaking for multiplayer under like two submenus.

Been in matchmaking for Chaos fun for over half an hour.

This is probably also because not everyone has finished the game yet and so doesn't have access to that area yet.

I will say as someone who finished the game after hitting level 40 probably a better idea to just rush the story the unlocks there are more useful overall for exploration and such.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    This game still has the same balancing issue where a blue gun from 5-10 levels ago does more damage and feels better to use than a new epic one at-level

I think it's kinda a deliberate part of the game, that the parts-based gun randomization sometimes produces stuff that's way above the power curve. That is arguably the core fantasy of the game, looting some super cool gun.

• Options
    Just to let you guys know when you hit end game you can add enchantments to legendaries.

I have to say I really like the chaos chamber concept with the way it adds rogue like stuff and you can spend your crystals to target loot.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Chaos chambers are just going to be harder versions of the random encounters from the overworld map, aren't they?

Noooooo!

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »

That's a problem that ANY randomly generated loot system game is going to have. When each part of the gun can roll and have a power scale from 0 to 100%, then most guns are going to be average, but that one weapon that managed to roll 4 good parts is going to last way longer because a lower level item with good stats is better than a higher level one with average. I've seen this happen a lot with loot games (WoW, PoE, Diablo, Borderlands, etc).

The trick to countering it is making it so that all parts aren't 0-100%, but rather that they roll like 50-100%, so the swings aren't as bad, the average is better, and you see more power as you scale up.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    I know some people aren't liking the guns in this one but I've been having too much fun with magic to notice.

Tediore seems like it got a boost. Their guns are actually able to do something on Intense which surprised me.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Chaos chambers are just going to be harder versions of the random encounters from the overworld map, aren't they?

Noooooo!

Yes they are, but they have added elements you get to choose. Like its a rogue light situation, where you can choose to make it harder on yourself, or give yourself a boost, harder obviously will reward better loot. You get a currency in there that can be spent on buffs, or at the end on various things to get guns/items (like you get a selection at the end and you can spend the currency from the chaos gate on like getting random drop smgs).

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Where have I seen this sword before or maybe the description or maybe I am imaging things as I doubt they'd license a sword from somewhere else...
    hbKKQr8.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Where have I seen this sword before or maybe the description or maybe I am imaging things as I doubt they'd license a sword from somewhere else...
    hbKKQr8.jpg
    Could it be? The legendary spirit caliper?

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    While Chaos Chambers are the randomized dungeon thingies, Chaos level seems to be something global that you can set, so if you want to do that trawling through a large zone shooting bunches of stuff, you can still do that.

I like the Chaos runs I've done, though I'm not super clear how it works in MP. Like, I assume everyone has individual crystal totals? Does activating a shrine give everyone the buff, or just that player? If the latter, is it consumed so that only one player can activate each shrine? That seemed to be how it was working in the 4 player round I was in on Chaos 6 (and boy was my character not ready for that).

• Options
    Chaos definitely seems fun. And I did the "artisanal" run that was like 4 maps with a miniboss and then a main boss. So its a little more detailed than an overworld random encounter. And you can get legendaries from the chest at the end. Don't know if the shard spewers can be legendary.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Shard spewers/barf bunnies at the end can definitely spit up legendaries.

Kanden on
  • Options
    Kanden wrote: »

Sweet. I like that you can basically target a need with that. My god its like they played their own games or something.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Sweet. I like that you can basically target a need with that. My god its like they played their own games or something.

At the end of the Chaos 6 we had like 6-7k Crystal's.

Of course that was because the leader chose every Curse room and the Hard curse and didn't give anyone much time to run around to shrines before clicking, which was kind of annoying. I could've used those buffs to keep up!

But yeah the Chaos dungeon feels like 'what if we do a roguelite but it didn't feel terrible like Arms Race'.

• Options

At the end of the Chaos 6 we had like 6-7k Crystal's.

Of course that was because the leader chose every Curse room and the Hard curse and didn't give anyone much time to run around to shrines before clicking, which was kind of annoying. I could've used those buffs to keep up!

But yeah the Chaos dungeon feels like 'what if we do a roguelite but it didn't feel terrible like Arms Race'.

I'm just glad there's something to do beyond farm bosses or chests.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    "Fuck you, Ocean! I'll see you in hell!"

We don't deserve Mr. Torgue.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Chaos definitely seems fun. And I did the "artisanal" run that was like 4 maps with a miniboss and then a main boss. So its a little more detailed than an overworld random encounter. And you can get legendaries from the chest at the end. Don't know if the shard spewers can be legendary.

They can be but it seems like it the rate us pretty low. Ive gotten a few from them.

The drop rate for chaos items at 1 is horrible though.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    chaos items?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    chaos items?

Theyre the gear from the mayhem mode equivalent for this game. Ive yet to have any guns drop just low level gear.
    This explains it pretty well
    https://youtu.be/9KmatrB0d9o

King Riptor on
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Oh quick question. I have the last gen version of this game included in my purchase. My girlfriend has an Xbox one. Can I put my account on her system so she can play this ?

Quick edit
    https://mapgenie.io/tiny-tinas-wonderlands/maps/world

This is a godsend for getting all the dice. Itll even keep track for you if you make an account.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So I've played a few hours and am like level 17 and...I don't know if I really like it? For some reason it doesn't feel as good to play as Borderlands 3 did. The efficacy of gear is all over the place, like things maybe just aren't tuned properly? I bought a level 16 epic sniper rifle and can barely dent enemies with an entire clip, meanwhile my level 8 corrosive pistol is killing things significantly faster. The game in general just feels like it's missing a lot of polish that BL3 had.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Are spell cooldowns random or do they tend to go up as you get higher level spells? Hard to tell so far for me.

• Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Are spell cooldowns random or do they tend to go up as you get higher level spells? Hard to tell so far for me.

Each spell has its own cooldown listed, some of the bigger ones have longer. Obviously there are things you can do to reduce that with skills, stat points and enchantments.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Just trying to stay at 10 seconds - skills etc and seems past item level 11 stuff it's not happening much.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Pumping intelligence and using both graveborn and spellshot, you'll constantly be firing spells. Its lovely.

Would reccomend on holding off on taking the glass cannon skill until you get your survivability up with graveborn tho. Spellshot's on their own are flimsy as hell.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    yeah if you go hard into spellweaving you need a low mag fast reload weapon. Thankfully I have a single masher pistol that does that quite well

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Pumping intelligence and using both graveborn and spellshot, you'll constantly be firing spells. Its lovely.

Would reccomend on holding off on taking the glass cannon skill until you get your survivability up with graveborn tho. Spellshot's on their own are flimsy as hell.

Yeah, that's the idea. I actually skipped Mage Armor at first and took Glass Canon ASAP because I failed to really comprehend the no ward regen thing. Luckily I play with my brother so he's my meat shield as I worked on getting Mage Armor and now on Graveborn so I generally don't take too many hits. Will get to Graveborn capstone now soon as possible, then finish off Spellshot with spellweaving increase.

• Options
    So with how this game ends the timeline for this is. Game spoiler

Pre borderlands 2? Because Roland is still alive.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Jesus just fought a boss at the end of a chaos dungeon I haven't interacted with yet. She was an annoying fight.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Wasn't that a flashback? As the reason why Tina no longer is a player? Her last experience being with Roland who is now dead is probably part of the reason. I've just kind of assumed, given the Dragon Lord's joking reference to a villain named 'Handsome Hack', that this takes place sometime not long after BL2.

• Options

Wasn't that a flashback? As the reason why Tina no longer is a player? Her last experience being with Roland who is now dead is probably part of the reason. I've just kind of assumed, given the Dragon Lord's joking reference to a villain named 'Handsome Hack', that this takes place sometime not long after BL2.

End of the game spoiler

After the credits you get Roland talking to her about joining her for a game, and it doesn't seem flashbacky it seems like alluding to a dlc.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Annnd my quest log is now blank all of a sudden across all characters. Reloading or rebooting game doesn't fix it.

Yeah, think I'm gonna take a break. -_-

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options

Its after because Dragons keep is mentioned early on

• Options
    Annnd my quest log is now blank all of a sudden across all characters. Reloading or rebooting game doesn't fix it.

Yeah, think I'm gonna take a break. -_-

Yeah, lot of things like that they need to fix. Sadly games launching before they're ready to one degree or another is pretty much the normal now. People saying "It's only been out of for a week." isn't helping. It's not most of the issues, even if not major, weren't obvious since way before release. Maybe they were deprioritized, but still annoying stuff like that happens.

• Options
    10/10 thread title btw.