As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Just popping in to say that WoWHobbs is doing a card reveal at 2pm PST. Hearthstone has been out since 2014 and it's criminal that Hobbs is only just now getting a card reveal. I don't care about his viewer size, that dude is a gem that Hearthstone doesn't deserve. At least he's finally getting some recognition.

And with any luck, his card will be a new Lorewalker Cho.

It's not that, but can I interest you in Silence on a Stick?

bfhzhegdklen.png

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    Just popping in to say that WoWHobbs is doing a card reveal at 2pm PST. Hearthstone has been out since 2014 and it's criminal that Hobbs is only just now getting a card reveal. I don't care about his viewer size, that dude is a gem that Hearthstone doesn't deserve. At least he's finally getting some recognition.

bfhzhegdklen.png

Ironbeak Owl weeps

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Silence finally means something again.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Owl? Wailing Soul is way more upset.

wailing-soul-228x300.jpg

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2022

bfhzhegdklen.png

Ironbeak Owl weeps

I haven't played Hearthstone for forever and a day. But silences all other minions (yours and your enemies') vs silencing one minion of your choice seems like a fair trade-off, it's the stat difference (2/4 vs 2/1 for the same 3 cost) that's crap.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    It's nice that there's a tech card (somewhat) being included in case Colossal minions do happen to get out of control.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    And I'm out. Enjoy the expansion!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    And I'm out. Enjoy the expansion!
    Sorry, we have other plans.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

bfhzhegdklen.png

Ironbeak Owl weeps

I haven't played Hearthstone for forever and a day. But silences all other minions (yours and your enemies') vs silencing one minion of your choice seems like a fair trade-off, it's the stat difference (2/4 vs 2/1 for the same 3 cost) that's crap.

That's not a fair tradeoff because it's trivially easy to play around. If you're playing this card you're probably not playing many things that care about being silenced.

Edit: This is a "turn off all taunts" card for 3 mana at neutral. The last time we saw that effect it was a 4 mana class legendary (and a shit priest spell)

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

bfhzhegdklen.png

Ironbeak Owl weeps

That's not a fair tradeoff because it's trivially easy to play around. If you're playing this card you're probably not playing many things that care about being silenced.

Edit: This is a "turn off all taunts" card for 3 mana at neutral. The last time we saw that effect it was a 4 mana class legendary (and a shit priest spell)
    Actually it's only 1 mana now and it's a playable Priest spell.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2022

bfhzhegdklen.png

Ironbeak Owl weeps

I figured as much about how a player would use it, but forgoing minions that can be silenced is an opportunity cost that doesn't seem trivial to me.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Current Hearthstone is all about spell slinging decks and mechanics that punish minions, so it doesn't really surprise me much that silence effects are now turbo tuned as well. Trying to play on board in the current meta has never made me feel dumber, honestly.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    3m1izaa4rarv.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    12ic3o4m784v.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I had to look that up to get WTF the wording meant.

'Naga' and 'Spell' switch on the card as you play one or the other.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    I had guessed that's what it meant but that is really clumsy wording.

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    An easy way to tell if a reveal is an official Hearthstone card is if it's totally unclear what the card is actually trying to do.
    For this reason I don't blame anyone who would think the ability would become "After you play a Naga, refresh two spell."

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Me: whew, I finally finished all Get 1st Place cheevos for every single Hero in Battlegrounds!! i can finally play for fun now!

Brain: but u don't have either pretzel mustard cheev, you need to get those and you're going to concede if you lose a single round and start over

Me: why

Brain: cause you gotta

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    9tukn9piqdgq.png

jade fish

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    A way more weaker version of it.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Me: whew, I finally finished all Get 1st Place cheevos for every single Hero in Battlegrounds!! i can finally play for fun now!

Brain: but u don't have either pretzel mustard cheev, you need to get those and you're going to concede if you lose a single round and start over

i think even draws means you fail the spicy cheevo.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    dog started this turn with zero Amalgadons.

ryqnesa3mfae.png

:lol:

Edit:

a few turns later :D:D:D

kp1cdfockimh.png

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Tell me you're playing Tess without telling me you're playing Tess?

• Options
    That one non-poison dong ruining the line... :(

Crazy that he pulled that off without the broken Brann + Friend of Friend interactions.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    They should remove amalgam.

• Options
    Are they still doing overarching themes/stories for Hearthstone years? Have they said what this year's is supposed to be?

• Options
    School-Teacher-300x416.png
    This is kind of neat (even if it will lead to more BS discovered ass pulls).

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Abyssal-Depths-300x424.png
    Wow, they definitely preemptively costed this tutor before letting it become a problem.

Shockingly, 4 mana "draw Vanndar" could still possibly be playable if some sort of Big DH deck can take shape.

forty on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    That one non-poison dong ruining the line... :(

Crazy that he pulled that off without the broken Brann + Friend of Friend interactions.

I mean he still had golden Brann for most of it, which does things even without Friend of Friend

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Are they still doing overarching themes/stories for Hearthstone years? Have they said what this year's is supposed to be?

They have said that this year will not have a multi-set story. They have not yet announced what the name of the Year is. However, given the watermark on core set cards accidentally included in reveals, it is almost certainly Year of the Hydra

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

They have said that this year will not have a multi-set story. They have not yet announced what the name of the Year is. However, given the watermark on core set cards accidentally included in reveals, it is almost certainly Year of the Hydra
    Well, that explains the lack of messaging about a story then.

I'm not really shocked that they're letting go of that idea. It seemed like extra constraint (and probably also work) for very little payoff, as the amount of people invested in Hearthstone solely for the "story" is probably very tiny.

• Options
    Parts of it were alright. Tamsin and Cariel's chapters were some of the best writing Blizz has done, which isn't a crazy high bar, but is worth mentioning. Some of the rest though...

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Yilias wrote: »
    Parts of it were alright. Tamsin and Cariel's chapters were some of the best writing Blizz has done, which isn't a crazy high bar, but is worth mentioning. Some of the rest though...
    I feel like they could still choose to do (hopefully good) solo adventure stories ad hoc without being tethered to the one year overarching plot concept.

To be clear, I don't think they're necessarily done with "story in Hearthstone," just the whole "the next 3 expansions will connect in some larger way" concept.

Edit: But it's certainly possible the cost-benefit analysis will tell them not to bother with solo adventures anymore (at least the way they've done the last 20).

forty on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Tamsin and Cariel's chapters were some of the best writing Blizz has done

"How can you do this? She's your sister!"
    "Eeeeh."

• Options
    Heads up: Looks like if you have Amazon Prime you can get a free Legendary (and seemingly other rewards in coming months). I'm not sure if there's an expiration on this or what. I'd think it'd be best to wait until after the expansion hits to try to claim it. You don't want to get hit with a 2020 card that's about to rotate.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Twitch Prime stuff does expire when the next package comes out. The name of it can also be misleading because stuff gets offset sometimes, so "April" might actually be in May or June.

E: Ah, someone on reddit posted them all

"March" - March 30th to April 26th
    "April" - April 27th to May 24th
    "May" - May 25th to June 21st
    "June" - June 21th to July 19th
    "July" - July 20th to August 16th
    "August" - August 20th to September 14th

Yilias on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    nuttiest quillboar comp i've ever had, snagged luci from murozond vs a rag early on

WDqDUGD.png?1

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Dibby wrote: »

I had a perfect fucking game going with Reno where I HP'd a Wrath Weaver on turn 1, had three Wrath Weavers total, just HUGE FUCKIN' BOYZ, and then I literally lost when it came down to top two because the other dude had Bigger Dragons (not even fucking Nadina or Kalecgos....)

Fuck me I just want that MUSTARD

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    the fucked up thing is I think I did both mustard cheevos before they were introduced and didn't get grandfathered in

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Ouch.

camo_sig2-400.png