As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wrestling Thread Hall of Famer Giant Tiger Presents: The Wrestling Thread

• Options
    DrCongoDrCongo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Man, I just can't stop thinking about how shitty the What a Maneuver "screw you guys I'm leaving social media etc etc" statement was. It's almost impressive how badly the whole thing was handled.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I was hoping to laze around and watch indie shows this weekend, but it looks like GCW won the war last year and all the shows will be on Fite for me to pay for and nothing is on IWTV this year. I should probably use this time to catch up on older indie shows or just watch AJW instead.

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Also Reggie proposed to Dana Brook and then Tozawa proposed to Tamina and both accepted.

I remember when Tozawa was wrestling amazing matches, I miss those times.

Tozawa was primed to print money from merch sales for the WWE with insane crowd reactions and they decided just to do nothing at all with him instead.

They just hate money

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    There's honestly not a whole lot I'm looking forward to this weekend. The Impact show looks wild, and I have a feeling Gringo Loco's WRLD on Lucha is gonna be the sleeper hit of the Collective so I definitely plan to watch those.

Aside from those the only things I'm really interested in seeing are Planet Death (because Jimmy Lloyd vs Sadika has the possibility of going up in flames) and Alex Colon vs John Wayne Murdoch for the GCW UltraViolent Championship (which for some odd reason ISN'T on Planet Death).

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    There's honestly not a whole lot I'm looking forward to this weekend. The Impact show looks wild, and I have a feeling Gringo Loco's WRLD on Lucha is gonna be the sleeper hit of the Collective so I definitely plan to watch those.

Aside from those the only things I'm really interested in seeing are Planet Death (because Jimmy Lloyd vs Sadika has the possibility of going up in flames) and Alex Colon vs John Wayne Murdoch for the GCW UltraViolent Championship (which for some odd reason ISN'T on Planet Death).

Yeah I'm hoping I can catch the replay of Zelo Pro if they upload it on youtube since I'll be working when it airs and hopefully Zicky Dice keeps a vod of his show on twitch up so I can see Masha Slamovich wrestle a bear.

I think the RoH show could be really good, but they tricked me into buying their 'last' show so I'll just wait until Tony announces whatever streaming plan he has for RoH and watch it then.

The Mark Hitchcock Memorial show tonight should be good and I might get that replay to watch.

Magell on
  • Options

Yeah I'm hoping I can catch the replay of Zelo Pro if they upload it on youtube since I'll be working when it airs and hopefully Zicky Dice keeps a vod of his show on twitch up so I can see Masha Slamovich wrestle a bear.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Zicky's show because it's on Twitch! That's a must-see.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular

I'm interested if Cody appears what his reaction and depiction will be, but other than that I haven't watched WWE in probably 18 months now and I really don't get that there are people legit interested in Ronda Rousey matches or Brock vs Roman main eventing Wrestlemania, again.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Clearly Wrestlemania Weekend needs another Orange Cassidy card.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Quick question, because I do want to watch wrestling this weekend but I'd really rather not watch WWE. What are the best streaming services to get the best variety of shows this weekend?

Azraith on
    kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    WrestleCon has Match of the Weekend and it ain't even close

Taya vs Johnny in a "Dirty Dishes" match!

Gonna have to change his name to Johnny Dishes after this one.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    Azraith wrote: »
    Quick question, because I do want to watch wrestling this weekend but I'd really rather not watch WWE. What are the best streaming services to get the best variety of shows this weekend?

They're isn't one, the best option is to pay FiteTV $75 to get all the GCW affiliated shows.

Alternatively get IWTV and just watch random indie shows to get the same feeling.

• Options
    Thawmus wrote: »

The amazing thing about that show is that it was an entirely last minute "holy crap wtf do we do" idea after NOVA Pro shut down and pulled out of the weekend. And thank god they did.

• Options
    edited March 2022

The amazing thing about that show is that it was an entirely last minute "holy crap wtf do we do" idea after NOVA Pro shut down and pulled out of the weekend. And thank god they did.

I should sub to IWTV again just to watch it again with my wife, I think she'd love it.

Especially that Best Friends 1 minute Iron Man match between Trent and Chuck that got restarted repeatedly because they circled around each other talking shit until the bell rang. Fucking hell I loved all the stupid ass stipulation matches. That is my wrestling.

EDIT: Oh fuck I forgot the 7 out of 13 falls match where the two guys nut shotted each other repeatedly, giving up falls. Fucking christ.

Thawmus on
  • Options

I should sub to IWTV again just to watch it again with my wife, I think she'd love it.

Especially that Best Friends 1 minute Iron Man match between Trent and Chuck that got restarted repeatedly because they circled around each other talking shit until the bell rang. Fucking hell I loved all the stupid ass stipulation matches. That is my wrestling.

EDIT: Oh fuck I forgot the 7 out of 13 falls match where the two guys nut shotted each other repeatedly, giving up falls. Fucking christ.

And I love how there's totally a serious Shinjiro Otani vs Jonathan Gresham match smack in the middle of all the bullshit because that had already been booked for the canceled show so they just kept it.

• Options
    WrestleCon has Match of the Weekend and it ain't even close

Taya vs Johnny in a "Dirty Dishes" match!

Gonna have to change his name to Johnny Dishes after this one.

He already has too many last names, he can't do that.

• Options

And I love how there's totally a serious Shinjiro Otani vs Jonathan Gresham match smack in the middle of all the bullshit because that had already been booked for the canceled show so they just kept it.

That was also my first Jonathan Gresham match.

My second was, as far as I can tell, in the same venue, vs. Orange Cassidy in a 2/3 match.

• Options
    Okay I just looked at the WrestleCon supershow card for the actual first time and there is a TEAM ONITA vs TEAM PCO match?!

This has just been bumped to the top of my required viewing list.

• Options
    The NJPW Strong show isn't even airing live on World its going to be on FiteTV that fucking sucks, even if it is wasting Suzuki on wrestling Killer Kross.

• Options
    The NJPW Strong show isn't even airing live on World its going to be on FiteTV that fucking sucks, even if it is wasting Suzuki on wrestling Killer Kross.

Yeah they love trying to make people pay extra to watch the US shows live.

• Options
    AAA Invades WrestleCon has started and despite Hugo's mic appearing to be broken he's coming through loud and clear on the other commentator's.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    There is a story that O-Kahn beat up and subdued a drunk dude that was attempting to force himself on a minor.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    O-Khan truly one of my fav guys in NJPW right now

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Taya Valkyrie vs. Johnny Dishes was everything you could hope for and more

This show has been a real highlight, I don't believe anything is going to top it

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    caught up on dynamite.. yeah JR worse than usual. what happened to that rumor that he was going to retire in April?

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Anyone having trouble hearing the commentary on the Show tonight

It’s more or less inaudible for me

Frequently. I usually wonder if it's not a TSN thing or something, since I can hear clips on Twitter much more clearly. Like the Will Smith jab from Max, I didn't even catch it live, though I did hear the rest.
    JR with some “great” commentary that match

What did he say? (Asked for the above reason.)

first of all I figured it out not sure if its what they are sending out or my receiver but its mixing the center channel down REAL LOW ill have to fix it before next week

and I don't have the exact quote but JR mentioned Toni's hairstyle and Schiavone was audibly weirded out/confused by the comment

I "Awesome'd" this because I was under the impression that Schiavone mistook JR saying "Toni" for "Tony" (and because there's no "laugh" reaction), but reading further, I'm wondering if I took the wrong thing away from it.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh also Fightful is reporting that they are letting superstars earn third party income again. The way its worded is WWE is still taking a cut though.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Until then, my way of life will not change. I will continue to slaughter wrestlers from tomorrow, and if anyone asks for help, I will generously lend a hand, because it will expand the territory of the empire.

Dude protected a six year old and then protected kayfabe. Fucking legend.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

This show has been a real highlight, I don't believe anything is going to top it

Good to hear definitely going to get the replay this weekend when I have time to watch it.

• Options

Good to hear definitely going to get the replay this weekend when I have time to watch it.

Also the commentary team was Ian Riccaboni and Veda Scott, I've never heard them together but they were a fantastic duo.

• Options

Also the commentary team was Ian Riccaboni and Veda Scott, I've never heard them together but they were a fantastic duo.

I'll believe a lot of things, but an indie show having good commentary is a step too far.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Time for Supercard!

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    When is/was the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony now that Mania consumes like 3 days?

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Goose! wrote: »

Right now!

But you could be watching Rampage or Wheeler Yuta vs. Josh Woods instead.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Goose! wrote: »

Right now

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Bandido/Gresham was amazing, FTR/Briscoes was amazing, Sonjay Dutt's back, Brian Cage is in ROH, and Samoa Joe's back

ROH. Goddamn

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Jay Lethal and Sonjay Dutt teaming up in the year of our Lord 2022, beautiful.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
This discussion has been closed.