As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Lessbius

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Lessbius!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Lessbius

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• Options
    CrimeRobotCrimeRobot Registered User regular
    I'd like to think that they grew really fond of a Tiny Bat from La Pucelle and let it live and stay with them.
    20040510-Ibi0CfVH-p1.jpg20040510-Ibi0CfVH-p2.jpg20040510-Ibi0CfVH-p3.jpg

"We programmed him to think only of crime!" - Enrico Matassa
  • Options
    OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    You'd think the good doctor would be able to back up his claim of being able to smell the resident bat.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    You'd think the good doctor would be able to back up his claim of being able to smell the resident bat.

How could I have completely forgotten about that comic?

Oh, right, because it had Morbius in it. There's just something about that guy.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    That's too bad. About the movie.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    CrimeRobot wrote: »
    I'd like to think that they grew really fond of a Tiny Bat from La Pucelle and let it live and stay with them.

Is that the origin of the phrase "powerful in life, unstoppable in death"? Jerry used it in a live Acquisitions Incorporated to describe a skeleton dragon, which would post-date this comic by several years

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    I assume the bat is for milking.

• Options

Is that the origin of the phrase "powerful in life, unstoppable in death"? Jerry used it in a live Acquisitions Incorporated to describe a skeleton dragon, which would post-date this comic by several years

Maybe. But knowing Jerry, it could have just been in his word-hoard for years before they figured out how to put it in a comic. In other words, another "the Neil Armstrong of dog fucking."

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    For a guy who is usually down for any Marvel movie, I have to admit I missed the Venom movies and wasn't really planning on seeing this one either. Perhaps I should catch up since all things seem to be converging on the main MCU universe these days.

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    For a guy who is usually down for any Marvel movie, I have to admit I missed the Venom movies and wasn't really planning on seeing this one either. Perhaps I should catch up since all things seem to be converging on the main MCU universe these days.
    They're trying to, but what they're actually doing is jumping up and down, shouting "I'm kinda part of the MCU!", then the actual MCU looks at them and says "I don't know that guy. He wasn't doing anything weird, was he?"

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular
    I really wish we were allowed to comment on the damn comics again. I'd like to easily see the consensus response to this comic. The movie wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. The cgi swoosh was annoying in the fights, and the dimmer was turned down to below batman levels, but I still enjoyed the movie.

• Options
    PyrianPyrian Registered User regular
    I'm shocked Disney even allowed it.
    Did Disney approve it, though? My understanding is that, as technically a Spiderman villain, Sony could just go ahead and make it (like Venom).

• Options
    edited April 2022
    palidine40 wrote: »
    I really wish we were allowed to comment on the damn comics again. I'd like to easily see the consensus response to this comic. The movie wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. The cgi swoosh was annoying in the fights, and the dimmer was turned down to below batman levels, but I still enjoyed the movie.

We are allowed. People are doing it. You're doing it right now. It was just not working for about a week or two and then they fixed it. You just have to log into the forums and go to the Penny Arcade Hub, the place the comments always appeared before they got piped out to the web page. It's just that they've decide to not pipe these forum comments to the web page anymore (or at least not for the time being).

dennis on
  • Options
    ATF_GriffATF_Griff Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

We are allowed. People are doing it. You're doing it right now. It was just not working for about a week or two and then they fixed it. You just have to log into the forums and go to the Penny Arcade Hub, the place the comments always appeared before they got piped out to the web page. It's just that they've decide to not pipe these forum comments to the web page anymore (or at least not for the time being).

I hope they put them on the comic page again.

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    They're trying to, but what they're actually doing is jumping up and down, shouting "I'm kinda part of the MCU!", then the actual MCU looks at them and says "I don't know that guy. He wasn't doing anything weird, was he?"

I have to admit that my first impression of
    Venom
    in that bar scene at the end of No Way Home was "Dear god, is that what he sounds like in all his movies? That voice is awful!"

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    ATF_Griff wrote: »

I hope they put them on the comic page again.

What difference would that make to you?

• Options

Don't know about them, but I would at least appreciate a link to the forum thread on the comic page. Just for easier access.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, but he tasted its milk and knows he can’t compete with that.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I didn't hate Morbius. It wasn't good. But I didn't hate it.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I didn't hate Morbius. It wasn't good. But I didn't hate it.

In many ways those are the worst movies.

• Options

Don't know about them, but I would at least appreciate a link to the forum thread on the comic page. Just for easier access.

That makes sense. I wonder if they'd be up for that.

• Options
    palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular

*Thats* what i'm asking for

• Options

And that's what I'm wondering in terms of what difference it makes to you. Just don't like logging into the forum? Especially on mobile? Just curious as to how it's different.

(Sorry if this isn't the place for this discussion.)

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular

I guess the bat cleaned up its act (and its butthole) in the months since.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular

And that's what I'm wondering in terms of what difference it makes to you. Just don't like logging into the forum? Especially on mobile? Just curious as to how it's different.

(Sorry if this isn't the place for this discussion.)

For one thing it's a good route to encourage people to join the forum

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »

I guess the bat cleaned up its act (and its butthole) in the months since.

You have to keep your milk-bats sanitary. This is known.
    What, you don't think they buy their bat milk at the store like some kind of heathen, did you?

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/08/14/tangy-with-notes-of-hazelnut

• Options
    ShowsniShowsni Registered User regular

From what I understand, Gabe was really keen on the idea, but Tycho less so.

20101011-AAa55PwO-p1.jpg20101011-AAa55PwO-p2.jpg20101011-AAa55PwO-p3.jpg