As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking for a very specific mug.

SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
edited March 2022 in Help / Advice Forum
My Dad got a mug for Father's Day however many decades ago, and while packing up the house to move, my parents discovered that mug was damaged. So since I "know the internet", I got tasked with finding a replacement. The problem is, the quote on the mug is wonderfully generic "My Heart Belongs to Daddy", plus the whole colloquial definition of Daddy changing to something very... we'll say romantic... in the interim between when the mug was (probably) purchased and now.

Here's some photos of the thing in case anyone else wants to give this a shot:
23f7utzafaze.jpg
2edgc9dr07a0.jpg
feyksf50l7yd.jpg
8kbwkmnazss3.jpg
c9wr5dbve51k.jpg

The artist (at least according to what's on the mug is "jill:, but I have no idea if that's their first name, last name, or just something they signed the original art with. Anyway, thanks for giving a look.

sig.gif
Sorce on

• Options
    CriusCrius Registered User regular
    A reverse image search turns ups https://ofkaz.com/phoenix-one-of-a-kind/my-heart-belongs-to-daddy.html

Looks like you could probably get the mug if you buy the cactus with it.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    In swear to fuckin' god, I tried the image search and never got even close to finding it.

Thank you very much.

edit: Local deliveries only, dang.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    My parents live in Phoenix. PM me if you want to get it shipped

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    In swear to fuckin' god, I tried the image search and never got even close to finding it.

Thank you very much.

edit: Local deliveries only, dang.

Might want to verify with them the cup comes with. The substitution policy mentions the vase may be a one-of-a-kind that cannot be replicated.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I would just call the shop up and talk to them. They don't look big enough that you'd be more than a single person away from somebody who can set up a one time thing where they confirm the mug and ship it wherever you want. You should expect to pay a premium but that sounds like it is less of an issue for you on this.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Yeah, I put a call in with them yesterday but nobody picked up. I'm going to email them and see if I get a response that way. If not, @Ringo, I'll definitely be sending you a PM.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sounds good. Maybe post cat pictures in the meantime =)

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    These kinds of moments is one of the reasons I dearly love this community.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Next to Final Update:

I got in touch with the lady who runs the shop, I was able to order the mug, and it will be here on Monday. I will post a picture of the mug when it gets here, and all I can say is good job everybody, and thank y'all very much.

sig.gif
  • Options
    0q0lawcb0dgx.jpg
    My services were not needed, so this is a cat

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Guess what arrived early?

fey1ot1vm0jl.jpg

sig.gif
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The wholesome ending we all needed