As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Rip Toruge electric Crossbow AR aka bossmelter.
    Accidentally sold then I saved quit before I noticed.

Crossbow bolt additional damage does infact effect sticky bomb alt fire

BUT

I FOUND SWORDSPLSION !

Dedicated drop for the Le chance boss fight.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    how have they made 5 borderlands games and theres still no ads toggle option still no hold crouch option and the ads sensitivity setting is completely fucking insane

also mouse smoothing and reticle not in middle of the screen default to on

the hover tooltips do not work

cmon lads this is not hard...

EDIT: also if u have an nvidia card use the nvidia overlay sharpen effect instead of the default clarityFX - this was costing me 30fps and it defaults to on...

hold crouch and toggle ads are in "accessibility" rather than controls, amazing

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Quest log is still fucked eh?

Sigh. Guess I can farm a few bosses for cosmetics.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    If you wanted to now what boss drops a proper wizard hat
    Parasite in the bean stalk zone.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    The song choice for the credits are on point.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    edited April 2022
    My gamepad doesn't seem to work after the hot fix despite other EGS games being fine.

Huh. Weird.

Dr. Chaos on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    On console I will occaisionally get like stick drift in borderlands that is literally not present anywhere else. Its the weirdest damn feeling.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Slowly moving up the Choas ranks.
    Also I expect the liquid cooling pistol is gonna get smacked hard because its obscene against bosses

If I can manage to get buffmeister its all over for this game

Flipped over to a Sporemancer/Claw alt from Brz/Stabbo for the double pet experience. Currently like 32.

Boy does this ever feel squishy compared to my main.

Dac wrote: »
    Flipped over to a Sporemancer/Claw alt from Brz/Stabbo for the double pet experience. Currently like 32.

Boy does this ever feel squishy compared to my main.

Clawbringer is very squishy but the Wyvern is the best pet imo. It flying means its usually off on its own frying dudes. I settled on Stabbomancer for my second class and its helped a ton.

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Yes the wyvern pet isn't impeded by pathfinding so it spends its time hard DPSing and the skills give it plenty of extra damage.

Stabbo being the status class definitely helps with wyvern's fire/lightning lean.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    I tried spore/claw at chaos level 10 last night and couldn't beat the boss

Survivability just isn't there, damage is good but that doesn't matter if you're so glass cannon that you can't finish a run solo

Feel like I need a 7k+ shield and a sacrificial skeep just to not be downed every combat encounter

e: also ricochet is pretty bad with mob density being this low

Beasteh on
    Beasteh wrote: »
    I tried spore/claw at chaos level 10 last night and couldn't beat the boss

Survivability just isn't there, damage is good but that doesn't matter if you're so glass cannon that you can't finish a run solo

Feel like I need a 7k+ shield and a sacrificial skeep just to not be downed every combat encounter

e: also ricochet is pretty bad with mob density being this low

I did Claw/ Spellbringer until post game. Stabbomancer is a good support class for it.

Yeah but we're talking about Spore/x, so

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    my ring slot didnt work until i dropped and picked up a ring

lol

obF2Wuw.png
    Yeah but we're talking about Spore/x, so

Stabbo is good in general . Spore and Necroshade seem to be good in Tandem too

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I got to Torgue yesterday and was able to see for myself what you guys were talking about a few days ago.

I'd literally pay like $3.99 for a Torgue Uncensored DLC pack that is M rated and removes the lute string thwang that they used to censor him, and just let him say it. My god it's so bad.

And this is a game I am enjoying enough that I will likely replay that section many times. They need to do something about it. Their T rated implementation is awful.

I didn't have a problem with it, tbh, considering everything is contextualized through what Tina thinks is a family friendly lens.

Seems like a really weird thing to get bent out of shape about.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    This game is fun, bugs/glitches aside. I feel like it has something BL1 had that 2 & 3 didn’t

I actually just did some stuff for Torgue myself, and the censoring didn’t bother me, I really didn’t give it a thought, surprised it’s bothering people so much

I’m trying to figure out what second class to put with Spore Warden, I saw an interesting build with Brrzerker

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited April 2022
    Its kind of impressive how hard it is to find a good shotgun.

Those energy wave guns that seem to be 90% of the shotty drops are turrrrible. Might actually be some of the weakest guns I've seen in the series to be honest.

Its a shame, they look cool.

Dr. Chaos on
    I wish sniper rifles weren't so dogshit

its reaaallly sad that pistols do the same damage per shot

I wish sniper rifles weren't so dogshit

its reaaallly sad that pistols do the same damage per shot

have you tried the ADS sensitivity setting

its great how they give u 100 options all of which give u a randomly chosen sensitivity for each different zoom

incredibly useful

obF2Wuw.png
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    yeah the ADS stuff is really fucking bad

I haven't played the previous games in forever but I always favored different zooms for different guns and I don't remember it ever feeling this bad

I didn't have a problem with it, tbh, considering everything is contextualized through what Tina thinks is a family friendly lens.

Also Mr.Tourge has had a swear filter installed on himself since 2 hus board of directors made him get one

I've settled on spore/zerker as my endgame build with a chaotic liquid cooling (of course shits op as hell) anointed with spore warden unique where barrage makes me proc poison explosions

Everything gets frozen and explodes in a sea of poison that spreads around, bosses melt because nature's wrath and play the angles make barrage do nutty damage and basically one shot

Also Mr.Tourge has had a swear filter installed on himself since 2 hus board of directors made him get one
    The bleep is actually funny though, the weird lute twang just sounds annoying.

Dr. Chaos wrote: »

It setting appropriate!

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

It setting appropriate!

Sadly, that's not really enough to make it good.

I just got to him, and the limp twangs definitely make the gimmick feel pretty lame compared to previous entries.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Fake twitter message: Here at Gearbox Software, we created a number of cosmetic only world drops that we thought players would enjoy. We want you to know that we've listed to your feedback, and their appearance as a "Rare" item quality will no longer be an issue.

Fake patch note a week later: Cosmetic Items are now "Legendary" tier quality.

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Finally got a buffmeister to drop, holy cow that thing puts in some work on a spellshot.

Kanden wrote: »
    Finally got a buffmeister to drop, holy cow that thing puts in some work on a spellshot.

That spell bunny is a stingy fuck. I did get a chaotic twister which shreds though

edited April 2022
    i wish loot from chamber reward bunnies went in a bigger, more random arc because holy shit its annoying spending 6k+ gems and trying to sift through all the nestled beams

Beasteh on
    i wish loot from chamber reward bunnies went in a bigger, more random arc because holy shit its annoying spending 6k+ gems and trying to sift through all the nestled beams

I just sell it all the final bank upgrades are like in the hundred millions.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Anyone know the general performance of Wonderlands on XB1? I want to try it out but I'm a little unsure if it's a good idea seeing BL3 takes forever to load up on that console.

• MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Anyone know the general performance of Wonderlands on XB1? I want to try it out but I'm a little unsure if it's a good idea seeing BL3 takes forever to load up on that console.

Can't speak to the XBone specifically, but on my PC it runs damn near exactly like BL3. I imagine that carries over to the other platforms.

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Ack, didn't realize Legendary items took a lot more moon rocks or whatever to reroll and blew a bunch on trying to get something other than utterly useless "On Action Skill..." on my 2 spell using character.

Hopefully the fact we had maxed them out at 4,000 on accident means they are easy to get and that wasn't a 1 time reward or something we missed getting.

edited April 2022
    Wait, do mythic rank bonuses not carry over to other characters?

Man, that is a real bummer. Was one of my favorite BL postgame features. :(

Dr. Chaos on
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Ack, didn't realize Legendary items took a lot more moon rocks or whatever to reroll and blew a bunch on trying to get something other than utterly useless "On Action Skill..." on my 2 spell using character.

Hopefully the fact we had maxed them out at 4,000 on accident means they are easy to get and that wasn't a 1 time reward or something we missed getting.

No they all start at 2 but increase exponentially even if you dont keep the enchant so you likely rerolled it a ton

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    A "ton" being 9 times since as I said it just loves putting Action Skill enchants on spells it seems. 1,024 now. Ugh.

if you enchant reroll an item 10 times and don't get what you wanted you have bricked it

hope it's not a well rolled volatile!