As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Job] thread brought to you by WAP.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    so why was he talking to a worker that was at home shopping? and how did it end up in racist dialogue territory?

The worker was home shopping, which is a way of saying looking to buy a house.

To which the person is told by the racist that he doesn't want their kind living in the town she was looking at homes in.

This is bog-standard racism. Sometimes people dress it up with worrying about demographic shifts and the like but it all boils down to the same thing.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Hello one worker (conservative) told another worker (liberal) who is home shopling that he doesn't want her kind in his town and now we're trying to explain to a very confused and naive new dutch hire while HR frantically flips through binders.

The new hire doesn't understand how that's racist or

Somehow not familiar with the....I guess tension of US politics are how it relates to geography. It wasnt racism, theyre both white, just someone being a shithead.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    so why was he talking to a worker that was at home shopping? and how did it end up in racist dialogue territory?

To which the person is told by the racist that he doesn't want their kind living in the town she was looking at homes in.

This is bog-standard racism. Sometimes people dress it up with worrying about demographic shifts and the like but it all boils down to the same thing.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh. oh my god thank you so much that story made no sense and i thought i was losing it

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    So assuming the numbers I sleuthed out are accurate I just got a 54% raise at work.

Be still my heart.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh. oh my god thank you so much that story made no sense and i thought i was losing it

Same. I was reading it as the employee was home, shopping. Not shopping for a home.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I guess the terms "house shopping" and "home shopping" are colloquial. I was just introduced to "home shopping" meaning shopping for a home like a week ago, so I had a bit of a leg up in the context clue, there.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I just got an email from HR about donating to the "Sick leave bank" - a place where you can donate a day of your sick leave hours to a general pool that anyone can use for medical emergencies when their usual sick days run out.

And I'm just like.. damnit I hate my country that this has to be a thing.

This is just the next step towards GoFundMe being our future healthcare system.

edited April 2022
    webguy20 wrote: »

Same. I was reading it as the employee was home, shopping. Not shopping for a home.

i know i was like she at home looking for socks or whatever? and he's all sliding into her dms with this NOT IN MY TOWN bs? i thought that takes a certain level of a-hole

Magic Pink on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Thought he meant home schooling.

I don't think The Netherlands has it as bad as the US, but the kid is maybe familiar with hate crimes towards people living in the "wrong neighborhood" according to the people living there. https://www.ad.nl/den-haag/buurtbewoners-duindorp-hakken-ramen-van-marina-in-met-bijl~ab650fed/?referrer=https://www.google.com/ from a few years ago when neighbors destroyed the car and windows of a Surinamese woman. Obviously more about racism than political preference. Also plenty of political hate coming from FvD voters who believe political opponents are pedophiles. And anti-corona figureheads leaking the home addresses of politicians and kindergarten locations of their children who they disagree with.

I guess the kid has had a sheltered upbringing.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    This has been a fascinating if unexpected dive into what I assume are regional language differences

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    This has been a fascinating if unexpected dive into what I assume are regional language differences

We just desperately tried to understand what you were on about. And, through that, for a beautiful moment, all regional languages became interconnected.

Aldo wrote: »

We just desperately tried to understand what you were on about. And, through that, for a beautiful moment, all regional languages became interconnected.

for a brief shining second we were all dumb af

Im a healer and unifier, much like Christ in this regard

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

I assure you, some of us are dumb full-time.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust

I assure you, some of us are dumb full-time.

i never should have doubted you

• schussschuss Registered User regular

It's too bad you can't immediately launch into a "how dare you restrict this person's freedoms" tirade to highlight what gooses people like this are.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    Goddamned Monday again, what the hell

yeah who's fucking idea was this

When I find out whose fault it is, they're gonna pay.

Presumably Neolithic humans?

No, Monday comes from the Anglo-Saxon word "mondandaeg" which means "The Moon's Day." So you have your choice of blaming Ancient Brittons or the Moon.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    Cambiata wrote: »

No, Monday comes from the Anglo-Saxon word "mondandaeg" which means "The Moon's Day." So you have your choice of blaming Ancient Brittons or the Moon.

that's too confusing let's just blame Cambiata and all her book larnin'

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

So what you're saying is

we need to blow up the moon

So what you're saying is

it somehow always comes back to that

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Frankly I blame the moon. She's always been a a saucy little bitch.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

So what you're saying is

That son of a bitch has it comin’

edited April 2022

So what you're saying is

That son of a bitch has it comin’

all that "i control the tides" and "good luck getting laid when i'm full" bullshit heck we don't even need it i bet

Magic Pink on
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

with Stonehenge, you can do both!

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    @DaMoonRulz

The moon rules, actually

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    How can it be moon's day when I'm not even allowed to moon anyone on it

DaMoonRulz

The moon rules, actually

a feel a mob justice comin' on

• Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Back at work after 4 weeks of paternity leave and this sucks actually.

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    Maybe the moon should stop being haunted and we'll reconsider.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Shopping for houses in the current market all like
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kFgeZtkAb8

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Home-shopping vs house-hunting will become the forums' version of butt-dial vs booty-call

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    I prefer “ass-ring”

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Maybe we should take the moon and push it somewhere else

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The moon is just going through a bad phase.

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular

No, I'm blaming whoever invented the week. I mean, Monday wouldn't be so bad if it only happened once a month, right? But no, it happens every. single. 7-day period.

And, for the record, many European cultures have a "weekly day of the Moon", and they all take place on Monday, so I wouldn't single out ancient Britons just yet...

Children's rights are human rights.
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    So they painted the whole floor ?

• exisexis Registered User regular
    We've all just been invited to a "priority" all-of-company meeting in 3 hours, followed up by a message from our senior manager that our team needs to attend, and will get together to discuss afterward.

I can only assume this is about huge pay rises and bonuses for everybody.

• BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

I read that book series. It ended up with a broken Earth.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »

I read that book series. It ended up with a broken Earth.

I'm not seeing the downside

So they painted the whole floor ?

Diving deep into the job thread tome of ancient lore