As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CHAT]IVUS FOR THE REST OF US

• Options
    multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Hrm. An explosives storage facility in the midddle of a residential area.

I don't possibly see how anything could possibly go wrong!

multimoog on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I think I'm going to incorporate that solution into every future aerial development plan I'll design. This makes me even more motivated to finish my studies.

Mayday on
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, putting it there was a stupid idea. I don't think anyone is gonna disagree with that (well, aside from the people on youtube like sites that watch the videos and then go "lol!", maybe).

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, I remember a story about a gun powder factory in eastern finland that exploded about 20 years ago. Not only did people die but the whole region died with the factory. Bit like a mini Tsernobyl to those living in the area. It's sad when things like this happen because these situations could be probably avoided.

no_toast on
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I remember there was a chemical factory near Wembley that somehow caught on fire about 2 years ago Middle of a residential area ... and a CHEMICAL factory. It burned for weeks before they could put it out.

Lly on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I got a Wii today!

Wiiiii!

multimoog on
  • Options
    in_absentiain_absentia Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Did you get No More Heroes?

in_absentia on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Nope. Mario Galaxy. And if anyone says I should've gotten No More Heroes instead as a first game, I'll punch em' in the eye, and spend a ton of money on Virtual Console and minigame collections just to spite em'.

multimoog on
  • Options
    in_absentiain_absentia Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Well, MG is still a good choice. Everyone I know has loved it (it just gives me motion sickness...)

in_absentia on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Spring weather has one unusual side effect. I just cleaned my desk. I even dismantled my keyboard and cleaned it out. And bought a dvd rack to store my games in all proper like. I'm forcing myself to stop now before the entire living room gets uprooted in some sort of cleaning frenzy.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I have no such seasons here. It's eternally summer in Puerto Rico.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I prefer spring over summer. Summers tend to get quite humid down here and I just don't like those kind of weather conditions. I get sluggish and my skin burns. Spring or Fall for me (but preferably with not too much rain).

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I want snow.
    Ironically enough, Snow what my last name means in Spanish

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    So you live in Puerto Rico, land of eternal summer, but some ancestor of yours decided to go with the last name of "snow"? Was it a dare? Some kind of joke?

Also, snow's great. But the last few years we've seen very little snow. I remember as a kid playing outside in snow, building snowmen and going ice skating on natural ice. It's been years since we've been able to do that around here. Sigh.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    i do the same fantasy. i just did an overhaul of my room.

i found cooking mama hidden under a dresser. i think i'll play it.

beavotron on
  • Options
    Big Luke NastyBig Luke Nasty Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I love rainy days in the summer and sunny days in the winter. Too bad that the stupid winter the last two years may as well have been spring. I want rain!

Plus I don't know if the drought is lifted in the southeast yet.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • Options
    r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Spring weather has one unusual side effect. I just cleaned my desk. I even dismantled my keyboard and cleaned it out. And bought a dvd rack to store my games in all proper like. I'm forcing myself to stop now before the entire living room gets uprooted in some sort of cleaning frenzy.
    lol wow. i just completely rearranged my room today :P and did a MASSIVE clean up :X

r-jasper on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Rainy days in summer are pretty great. Rainy days in winter, days in a row.. sometimes over a week.. occasionally stormy, not so much. I'll cherish these few days of early spring while they last. Nothing like weeks of dreary weather and then sudden bright blue skies and sunshine and taking a deep breath of fresh fresh air... even if it is odd to be having this weather this time of year.

The weather report says it'll be nice tomorrow too. I'm just hoping I don't suddenly decide to scrub the balcony and clean the windows tomorrow or something. My desk hasn't looked this neat in months though, woo!

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! OH my God, what is wrong with this man?!?! I saw this and I couldn't stop laughing! Does anyone remember him? The guy that made that comic that had a 3D SUV in it? He spend 3 months building it or something like that. He was always looking for a way to not draw his web comic? Well, he's finally done it, he's taken down his comic and replaced it with empty panels!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! OH my God, what is wrong with this man?!?! I saw this and I couldn't stop laughing! Does anyone remember him? The guy that made that comic that had a 3D SUV in it? He spend 3 months building it or something like that. He was always looking for a way to not draw his web comic? Well, he's finally done it, he's taken down his comic and replaced it with empty panels!

Wait, 3 months to build that little green box? Seriously? Or 3 months for the whole thing?

Edit: It's a little more detailed than I remember, but still.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Well, that's one way to do it, I guess. A very boring way... I mean, nothing even happens!

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    If I remember correctly, it took him 3 months to build the SUV. But man, I remember when he first posted his strip on the AC, everyone gave him some good critiques. He later goes on to read all our posts on his podcast!

I think I still have it somewhere on my computer.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    If I remember correctly, it took him 3 months to build the SUV. But man, I remember when he first posted his strip on the AC, everyone gave him some good critiques. He later goes on to read all our posts on his podcast!

I think I still have it somewhere on my computer.

Seriously? Did I post in that thread?

I may be e-famous now.

MKR on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited February 2008
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Is this guy fucking serious?

I...

He...

Hahahahahah oh my fucking god.

SYNDICATION? Is this guy clinically retarded?

Speechless. There are no words. Only boisterous laughter.

bombardier on
  • Options
    r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    AAARGH the audio recording in that video is HORRIBLE!

wait, what am i talking about? the whole thing is awful :'(

r-jasper on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    That comic was baaaaaaaaaaad.

thenewdaysisterrible.jpg

DeeLock on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Jesus titty fucking christ! I remember that whole period and i am, like bombsy, speechless. What drugs are he on? And can I have some please?!

Lly on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2008
    does that guy really have some sort of....fan base? Or is he completely delusional?

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    replaced it with empty panels!

I like how he calls it a storyboard by pasting a huge "STORYBOARD" in the BG. Like putting it there makes it true. It's a script in a grid. I don't think I ever saw this travesty. In that YouTube video, he compares his efforts to... heh... jesus... Bill Watterson. Fucking Bill Watterson.

Fucking. Bill. Watterson.
    Deluded=very yes.

multimoog on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    "The vehicle got a great reception, even from tough critics"

Is he talking about us?! I don't think he understands the word "great" ... or maybe i'm just going mad here. How can he possibly be serious?

Lly on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    PAAC news for today: turns out some people are stupid.
    Ugh, I hate embarrassing things. My empathy is so strong that I actually felt really bad when watching that video... as if I was the one who made it.

Mayday on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    can I interrupt, here? with this?

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    You certainly can! That's... the best. Turn gastrointestinal pain into funtime aerobics party!

Also, she needed an ambulance for that? What she NEEDED was a goddamn quarter for a pay toilet. All she had was a pocket of those little holey yen coins.

multimoog on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited February 2008
    Iruka wrote: »
    Counter-video!

He does his voice so well.

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Bloody hell! The excercise part? Genius!

edit: Wow he really did do his voice well. That was pretty funny ... wonder what they used to fake that vomit he ate.

Lly on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    bombardier wrote: »
    Counter-video!

He does his voice so well.

He does do it well, and the unnecessary parka is enjoyable. I enjoy anything making fun of bear.

Iruka on
  • Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So I finally got around to seeing There Will Be Blood last night, because it just barely came out where I live. Was looking forward to it for months. I was not disappointed. But damn did I lose it when...
    Daniel's 'brother' introduced himself.

"I'm your brother. From another mother."

Did anyone else notice that too?

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So I finally got around to seeing There Will Be Blood last night, because it just barely came out where I live. Was looking forward to it for months. I was not disappointed. But damn did I lose it when...
    Daniel's 'brother' introduced himself.

"I'm your brother. From another mother."

Did anyone else notice that too?

Yeah, it was a little funny and awkward, but it seems like a natural way to explain the position he was in. *shrug*

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    NeoRedXIII wrote: »
    Yeah, it was a little funny and awkward, but it seems like a natural way to explain the position he was in. *shrug*

Oh I totally agree, but I still laughed my ass off.

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I had to laugh at the suspenseful music during the oil fire scenes. It wasn't bad, but I didn't expect it to go on for so long.

NeoRedXIII on
This discussion has been closed.