As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Overwatch] Overwatch 2 is Live!

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    <-- I feel like if I get that Reaper remix skin I'd be obligated to use it.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    That Reinhardt looks like a giant Genji. I love it.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    That's pretty cool. I feel squid-zen is a bit bland compared to its original, but mercy and DvA are pretty solid. Might've preferred a pink witch over the white.

steam_sig.png
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    I swear some players are literally brain damaged. Over and over, I see people standing on a locked point, passively watching their entire team get slaughtered due to superior enemy positioning. The point is not unlocked. Standing on it accomplishes literally nothing. Why stand there like a statue rather than help your teammates?

This is not a difficult concept to understand, yet it happens over and over. We’re years into the game and these are people with literally dozens of hours in the game. How is it possible to play that long and somehow think “standing here on a locked point is a superior play to helping my team win the fight”?

Like, how much of an actual bot do you have to be?

sanstodo on
    sanstodo wrote: »
    I swear some players are literally brain damaged. Over and over, I see people standing on a locked point, passively watching their entire team get slaughtered due to superior enemy positioning. The point is not unlocked. Standing on it accomplishes literally nothing. Why stand there like a statue rather than help your teammates?

This is not a difficult concept to understand, yet it happens over and over. We’re years into the game and these are people with literally dozens of hours in the game. How is it possible to play that long and somehow think “standing here on a locked point is a superior play to helping my team win the fight”?

010010000110010101101100011011000110111100100000011001100110010101101100011011000110111101110111001000000110100001110101011011010110000101101110

steam_sig.png
  • ZekZek Registered User regular

This happens because people decide on their own what the right tactic is, and then stubbornly stick to it even if their team isn't following them. They were hoping that everyone would rush to secure the point, and they don't understand that it's better to coordinate around a bad plan than to split up over a disagreement about what the plan is.

Zek wrote: »

This happens because people decide on their own what the right tactic is, and then stubbornly stick to it even if their team isn't following them. They were hoping that everyone would rush to secure the point, and they don't understand that it's better to coordinate around a bad plan than to split up over a disagreement about what the plan is.

I would argue that, barring specific planned strategies, giving up positioning to stand on a locked point is a bad plan. It’s a doubly bad plan to continue doing so when the entire team is being slaughtered while you’re watching passively.

That’s not being stubborn, that’s being brain dead.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    being stubborn is often a symptom of being brain dead, those aren't mutually exclusive by any means

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    That's pretty rich Blizzard, charging 3k for color swapped old skins and not even having 1 or 2 new ones. And no patch either, so Hog and Ball still get to run rampant.

I still get a feeling the beta is going to be delayed by another month.

OWL players are currently playing OW2, so I doubt the closed beta will be delayed.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    That's pretty rich Blizzard, charging 3k for color swapped old skins and not even having 1 or 2 new ones. And no patch either, so Hog and Ball still get to run rampant.

I still get a feeling the beta is going to be delayed by another month.
    1. How long does this event run for?
    2. Will these skins go into Archives and be available again, or are these more one-and-done skins?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Presumably the new legendaries are like any other event skin, while the weekly skins are exclusive as always, but who knows what the future of events is in OW2. I doubt there will be another Archives event, but they'll probably still make the skins available in some form.

Let’s add tanks standing on an empty cart, letting their team die around them, rather than help win the fight.

I was soldier running away from a hog following me. I run toward cart, because my tanks are standing there rather than engaging. My hog turns around, looks at me and the hog chasing me, and then turns away to walk on top of cart to shoot his hook directly into the opposing rein’s shield.

FML.

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i'm excited for new stuff but this seemed very bland

Yeah we've known Sojourn will join for years at this point. At first I thought they were just dropping her into OW1 a surprise and going "that's good, that's classy, that's what should be done" but nope.

Any day now Blizzard nerfing Hog and Ball would be appreciated k thx.

Sojourn isn't the most exciting character but she seems fun. Clearly they're staggering out the information they have about OW2 leading up to the beta, and will continue to do that with the rest of the new characters this year.

edited April 2022
    What's her toolkit besides 'rifle with both rapid fire and charged shot modes'. Like, that also describes Widowmaker's gun.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    Sojourn isn't the most exciting character but she seems fun. Clearly they're staggering out the information they have about OW2 leading up to the beta, and will continue to do that with the rest of the new characters this year.

I didn't take much stock in it around the Overwatch 2/Diablo IV trailer discourse, but it is extremely funny that Blizzard cracks the media faucet just a few hours after the reports of probable corruption from outside political forces in California plaguing the Activision-Blizzard legal proceedings

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    she has a railgun not a sniper rifle

thats a huge deal because sniper rifles (and widowmaker by extension) fucking blow but bhopping around railing infants was my childhood

wait no that came out wrong i mea-

obF2Wuw.png
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Okay, so, she's literally Lian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOVa7gwUPJI

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    I'm just pleased we have a Canadian hero.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    These livestreams seem like a response to complaints about lack of communication, but they're still not willing to actually communicate anything substantive besides the very specific thing they already revealed. They should just stick with the drip feed of real information and not bother having people tune in to hear them talk about nothing for an hour.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    I'm just pleased we have a Canadian hero.

this lucio erasure

obF2Wuw.png
    That wasn't communication, it was noise. The Overwatch equivalent of "you guys have phones, right?"

Blizzard, your gaslighting needs work. That wasn't gameplay, it was scripted animations. And they didn't even do a Q&A.

TexiKen wrote: »
    That wasn't communication, it was noise. The Overwatch equivalent of "you guys have phones, right?"

Blizzard, your gaslighting needs work. That wasn't gameplay, it was scripted animations. And they didn't even do a Q&A.

do u have any questions beyond this

obF2Wuw.png
    That's truly all people wanted from the hour of nothing of yesterday, I wonder how quickly they filmed it last evening or this morning.

Yeah that is what I was expecting from the stream. I was happy the presenters were hyped about representation and the passion put into the character, but I didn't need an hour of it without anything to show after the initial gameplay trailer.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    TBH I expect a flood and info to come out when the beta starts up so I'm cool.

Oof, I can taste the salt on that hog from over here.

steam_sig.png
    I think we've all screwed up a hook combo one time or another - but that Soldier quit the game.

edited April 2022

Reserving judgment until I play them, but I do think it's a bit weird that they changed Orisa so much. I wouldn't have thought that simply changing to 5v5 would completely invalidate her whole character concept. The close range of her gun in particular feels counter intuitive.

Zek on
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Doom changes look good to me, but I expect the people who enjoy vaporizing helpless supports won't much like them. CC belongs on tanks. Rewards him for blocking damage effectively by becoming more lethal. More of this.

Honestly just flat out don't really get Orisa's entirely new kit on almost any level. The M1 seems especially weird. Not to say it's bad. Just, like... really having trouble conceptualizing everything there besides "throw spear."

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    edited April 2022
    Orisa was probably the most criticized for being boring or "brain-dead". A big rework makes perfect sense to me.

BionicPenguin on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    ...Doom sounds cool and as someone who played him and mains tanks anyway that is right up my alley(that said I remember them saying he's currently OP in the closed test so hopefully he doesn't get nerfed too much).

Orisa sounds interesting but I'm wondering how her damage mitigation tempo will go. She doesn't have an active barrier anymore and she isn't very mobile. But her offense does sound more intimidating.

Dragkonias on