As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Board Games] Climbing out of our hovels to play in meatspace

JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
Let's talk about board games.
YR46rww.png

In 2020 and 2021, people with large collections of board games were forced to stay indoors, apart from friends and acquaintances that share the hobby. We learned about technologies that allow us to share our pastime online, such as Board Game Arena. These are great! But they're still not the real thing.

There's a light at the end of the tunnel. Conventions are starting up again, with restrictions. Local game groups are getting together. The worldwide supply chain is still screwed, but new releases and Kickstarter projects are slowly trickling in.

What are your favorite games to play these days?
The big hits for me of late have been:
  • Phantom Ink, a fantastic word-guessing game
  • Project L, a polyomino-tiling engine builder
  • MicroMacro, a sublime cooperative mystery game

Which games have you started playing online, and won't go back to the physical version?
It's the short and fast ones, for me. Incan Gold is so slick on BGA that I'm not reaching for it on the shelf.

Are you feeling ready for public events, or not yet? What was/will be your first?
I'll be going to Protospiel MI, which will be my first outing other than local friend events.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    This is the year I finally play some of my board games solo, just to see if I actually like them.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    My goal: moar Netrunner.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    So tell me about these games of board of which you speak

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      CantidoCantido Registered User regular
      My goal is to play Twilight Imperium this summer.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    • Options
      PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
      I kinda want to play feast for odin in person a few times.

Not sure game is actually good. Might be novelty and theme.

Living Forest is amazing online but i found it waaaay too fiddly in person. We're more likely to play ares project

sig.gif
    • Options
      Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
      I kinda want to play feast for odin in person a few times.

Not sure game is actually good. Might be novelty and theme.

Living Forest is amazing online but i found it waaaay too fiddly in person. We're more likely to play ares project

It's good. It's better with the Norwegians expansion.

• Options
      FryFry Registered User regular
      Marvel Champions is a fun co-op or solo game. Most of the content so far has basically been MCU, though at least the next wave or two is going to be other stuff.

You can deck build if you want, or the cards come in decks that are reasonably coherent.

• Options
      BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
      My goal is to trim my collection down and get rid of games I don't (and probably won't) play. Having moved the whole thing once, I am not looking forward to the thought of doing it again.

Anathema for some here, I'm sure, but if I owned where I lived I would be more likely to let treasures pile up and gather dust.

GNU Terry Pratchett
      PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
      Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
      egc6gp2emz1v.png
    • Options
      DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
      I discovered solo boardgaming during the pandemic and my collection ballooned. I also have been heavily playing games with my kids (9 & 7) and they're just the best gaming group anyone could ask for.

My favorite solo games:
      Mage Knight
      Leaving Earth
      Arkham Horror LCG
      Marvel Champions
      Nusfjord
      Viticulture
      Wingspan
      7 Wonders Duel

Games that I have and am trying to learn this year:
      Gaia Project
      Feast for Odin
      Lord of the Rings LCG
      Robinson Crusoe
      Alien Legendary
      Imperial Assault

Games that I hope to get this year:
      Too Many Bones
      Cloudspire
      Hoplomachus
      Obsession
      Apex Theropod

Games my kids and I love to play:
      New York Zoo (7 year olds 1st favorite game)
      Horrified (7 year olds 2nd favorite game)
      Descent: Legends in the Dark (9 year olds favorite)
      Super Skill Pinball
      Xia: Legends of a Drift System
      Viticulture
      Arkham Horror 3rd edition
      Fireball Island
      Othello
      Chess
      Hive
      Blokus
      Dungeon Mayhem

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    • Options
      CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
      Bursar wrote: »
      My goal is to trim my collection down and get rid of games I don't (and probably won't) play. Having moved the whole thing once, I am not looking forward to the thought of doing it again.

Anathema for some here, I'm sure, but if I owned where I lived I would be more likely to let treasures pile up and gather dust.

If you do get into it and are willing to sell/ship, let me know what's up. I'm always looking to rehome games that I'm looking for.

• Options
      webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
      edited April 2022
      My buddy got the all in set of "return to the Dark Tower" and we played a round today with a few of us. Its pretty well put together! It wasn't a super complex game, and the character cards are laid out very well in explaining what you can do on your turn. The tower was fun, and there was plenty of decision making without getting bogged down by it. It felt kind of like a lighter version of Legend of Andor. That game is fucking brutal if you don't optimize turns, but this one was more forgiving, at least at lower difficulty.

About the only negative is before dropping in the skull to end the turn, is making sure you've clicked through everything on the app and its on the home screen and ready. Besides that though, pretty good!

I'm waiting to hear of a tear down of the tower online so we can get a spare motor. I bet that's going to be a wear part down the line. Looking forward to the next game though, and for the inevitable legacy expansion, because damn this game is ripe for it.

Also, I have always thought this was based on Stephen King's Dark Tower Series, even the original game. I had to recalibrate expectations when I showed up to play today!

webguy20 on
      Steam ID: Webguy20
      Origin ID: Discgolfer27
      Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    • Options
      BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
      Good heavens, I'm not sure I'd want to play a game based on King's Dark Tower. Board, RPG, video, or otherwise.

Maybe like Red Dead, but everything is Ḟ̸̢̬̖͙͔̰̫̠́̅͑͐́͝͠ų̵̛̜͍͊̈͌̈́̍͝c̴̻̘̪̳̞̣̻̒̕͘͜k̴̡̲̗͋́͛̕͜i̵͉̠̲̫̣̥̓͒̔̍̚͜n̴̗̖̯̼̯͓̈́̍͛̄͠'̴̝͎̼͖͉͛͐͠ ̷̢̡̢̐̍̈́̈́̋͘͝͝W̴̢͔͔̱̙̪͋̀̄̎̎̊͝e̶̝̣͈͚̖̩͖̖̽̾͐̈́́͊̓í̷͔̳̥͖̦̀̓͐͝ͅr̶̛̮̪͉̰͒ͅd̴͖̹̻̳̤̽̉.

GNU Terry Pratchett
      PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
      Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
      egc6gp2emz1v.png
    • Options
      PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
      edited April 2022
      Oh yeah, the KS for the Dead By Daylight board game went live last week. They played a couple full games of the prototype version on Twitch on Friday…. Some channel named “Penny Arcade?” Never heard of them, but was a good time.

PMAvers on
      persona4celestia.jpg
      COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    • Options
      MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
      edited April 2022
      Does it recreate the authentic Dead by Daylight experience with the survivors trolling the killer with endless pallet loops, body blocking, and insta-repair items?

MrBody on
    • Options
      AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
      Woohoo, I just got lucky!

Got a call from my local store. Turns out.. they didn't originally realize that the mats for Dark Tower were add-ons and not part of the standard bundle.. and furthermore, they got misplaced or something. So they had some extra! And I got a call, saying "Hey, you want in?"

Well duh, to get my store discount + not having to pay for shipping or worry about fighting their online store? Heck yeah I will! Which just leaves sleeves as the only potential item I might still get.

TrbrLb6h.jpg

Visualizing what "80%" means in terms of increased area of a circle is kind of wild. I'm also super appreciative that they re-scaled everything for the components, so they still work with the mat. I mean, except the rivers, but those seem like they were implied issues anyways?

NJv5zhBh.jpg

Just comparing them... yup! Definitely room for minis now.

x2C7Uqth.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    • Options
      GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
      We've been doing a Diplomacy game through Backstabbr, it's real good. the timing is a bit wacky though. It focuses more on allowing people the right length of time, rather than keeping deadlines at a reasonable hour. Tbh, I wouldn't mind shorter turns if it meant that they ended at a consistent time.

We're now keen on running an in-person game through Backstabbr with lots of in person communication.

• Options
      Dang that Dark Tower mat is big!

• Options
      CantidoCantido Registered User regular
      MrBody wrote: »
      Does it recreate the authentic Dead by Daylight experience with the survivors trolling the killer with endless pallet loops, body blocking, and insta-repair items?

I'm disappointed that it's not hidden movement.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    • Options
      MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
      So what does the tower actually do in Dark Tower? I skimmed through a couple videos and it looks like it just lights up while the app runs the whole game? The tower syncs with the app and occasionally you drop a skull into the tower so that it can signal the app to tell you something? Is it just superfluous show?

• Options
      So what does the tower actually do in Dark Tower? I skimmed through a couple videos and it looks like it just lights up while the app runs the whole game? The tower syncs with the app and occasionally you drop a skull into the tower so that it can signal the app to tell you something? Is it just superfluous show?

From what I've sussed out so far (having not played it yet):

The tower serves basically as a randomizer. Skulls can fall out of various places on it, in 1 of the cardinal directions. When a skull pops out, you put it on a settlement/building to show the spreading evil. If you ever need to place a 4th skull on a building, it pops and gives you corruption (which is one of the ways to lose).

Think of it like Pandemic. Instead of a deck randomly infecting a location, the tower does with its randomness stuff (and then you choose which location to "infect"). And because of the construction, skulls may not flow through properly and will start stacking up.

Then there's the seals. The seals cover various symbols (and can also cover a place where skulls come out - see above about multiple skulls removing). When a symbol is lit and facing you, it costs you extra resources to use the kind of action that is being displayed to you.

So.. bit of randomness, bit of visual flair to something the app is running.

• Options
      Athenor wrote: »

From what I've sussed out so far (having not played it yet):

The tower serves basically as a randomizer. Skulls can fall out of various places on it, in 1 of the cardinal directions. When a skull pops out, you put it on a settlement/building to show the spreading evil. If you ever need to place a 4th skull on a building, it pops and gives you corruption (which is one of the ways to lose).

Think of it like Pandemic. Instead of a deck randomly infecting a location, the tower does with its randomness stuff (and then you choose which location to "infect"). And because of the construction, skulls may not flow through properly and will start stacking up.

Then there's the seals. The seals cover various symbols (and can also cover a place where skulls come out - see above about multiple skulls removing). When a symbol is lit and facing you, it costs you extra resources to use the kind of action that is being displayed to you.

So.. bit of randomness, bit of visual flair to something the app is running.

Pretty much this. It also acts as a fun tension builder because you drop a skull in at the end of every players turn, but they don't always come right back out. So it might be a few turns later when you remove a door, or the tower rotates and then suddenly like 4 skulls fall into your kingdom.

Mostly it is just a neat centerpiece. You could write up a page of rules and have a spinner to do what the tower does, but the towers fun. Also it has a speaker in it, and makes noise too.

• Options
      edited April 2022
      So just got the latest Nisei booster (Midnight Sun promo booster) and it has an interesting piece of ICE in it that brings up a very good question.

Hákarl 1.0
      Rez 5, Str 4
      ICE: Barrier - Bioroid - AP
      When you rez this ICE during a run against this server, you may derez another installed card. If you do, the Runner cannot use paid abilities printed on bioroid ICE for the remainder of the turn.
      Click to break 1 subroutine on this ICE
      -> Do 1 brain damage
      -> End the run

So in derezing another card, what if it's a card with counters or credits arazed. on them - do those tokens stay? That would be really cool on some drip economy cards that load credits when rezed.

CaptainPeacock on
    • Options
      FryFry Registered User regular
      So just got the latest Nisei booster (Midnight Sun promo booster) and it has an interesting piece of ICE in it that brings up a very good question.

Hákarl 1.0
      Rez 5, Str 4
      ICE: Barrier - Bioroid - AP
      When you rez this ICE during a run against this server, you may derez another installed card. If you do, the Runner cannot use paid abilities printed on bioroid ICE for the remainder of the turn.
      Click to break 1 subroutine on this ICE
      -> Do 1 brain damage
      -> End the run

So in derezing another card, what if it's a card with counters or credits arazed. on them - do those tokens stay? That would be really cool on some drip economy cards that load credits when rezed.

I don't think there's anything in the definition of derez that removes counters/credits, and facedown cards are definitely allowed to have counters on, at least. So yeah, I'd say you can probably use it to double up on Adonis Campaign, for instance. There's a pretty limited pool of cards where that's positive, though; in most cases, that's a cost somewhere from 0 to massive.

• Options
      Yup. Absolutely nothing about flipping a card in and of itself affects tokens. This has some interesting effects in earlier sets, where you can move tokens to something as a bluff.

• Options
      PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
      There's some interesting ICE with trap abilities it works well with. Ping out of System Gateway, for instance, to re-enable it's ability to slap a tag on the Runner when it's rezzed. You could also use it to derez Spin Doctor so you can rez it again and draw more cards if you need to set up some combos.

persona4celestia.jpg
      COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    • Options
      tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
      Yeah, Hakarl is great for any card that has "on-rez" abilities. Ping and the new Anemone ice, Nico and Marilyn Campaigns, Regolith Mining License, Spin Doctor. All tokens stay on a card when it is de-rezzed, as do any other cards that were hosted on it (like the program Botulus or the hardware Boomerang).

• Options
      edited April 2022
      I think parasite threw people off as a base card. It specifically says to attach to a rezzed ice, which means that if the ice is ever derezzed, parasite is no longer legal and goes away. People extrapolated this out to be something with all attachments and tokens.

Of course, as the Corp you have to be careful that you are maintaining a legal board state. You can't advance an asset unless it says you can, but you can move advancement counters to it if you have an ability that lets you do such. Generally that is a place where "Don't be a dick" comes up. Lukas used to sit right behind the Corp players shoulder when observing games to make sure they weren't cheating. And I'm pretty sure Jinteki will stop you from doing something illegal.

Athenor on
    • Options
      DashuiDashui Registered User regular
      After all this talk about Return to Dark Tower, I called my local store and asked if I could be put on a waitlist for any future shipments. They said their copies came in that day and one person bowed out of picking theirs up. Score!

MSRP ain't cheap on that box, lemme tell ya'!

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
    • Options
      Dashui wrote: »
      After all this talk about Return to Dark Tower, I called my local store and asked if I could be put on a waitlist for any future shipments. They said their copies came in that day and one person bowed out of picking theirs up. Score!

If it was made of wood you'd call it a chest.

• Options
      admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
      webguy20 wrote: »

If it was made of wood you'd call it a chest.

yeah but if it was made of human flesh you'd call it "oh god who made that thing"

really makes you think

• Options
      We had an interesting situation come up last night, but think we found the right answer.

So the Runner had Flip Switch, which is a hardware that can be trashed for a few different effects - one of which is to jack out.

So the Runner initiates a run against a sever with an unrezzed ICE. He doesn't jack out before the rez. Corp decides to rez. Pay the cost - it's Ping. Ping's top ability says that when its rezed the Runner takes a tag.

At first the Runner argued that he thought he could use Flip Switch to jack out. Table discussed it thoroughly and we decided that it couldn't work that way because this ability is not marked as an interrupt. He could jack out before the first subroutine, but couldn't interrupt the top ability while it was happening

• Options
      DashuiDashui Registered User regular
      edited April 2022
      I got a game of it in tonight. It's pretty neat! Honestly, it might not be $200+ levels of worth it (it's fancy Pandemic), but it provides a child-like joy. The tower lights up! It spins! It makes sound effects and spits out skulls!

It also has great table presence and a wide appeal. Everyone I've shown it off to can't wait to try it themselves or play again. I'm not having a hard time like I usually do to get some people together for a game.

Dashui on
      Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
    • Options
      We had an interesting situation come up last night, but think we found the right answer.

So the Runner had Flip Switch, which is a hardware that can be trashed for a few different effects - one of which is to jack out.

So the Runner initiates a run against a sever with an unrezzed ICE. He doesn't jack out before the rez. Corp decides to rez. Pay the cost - it's Ping. Ping's top ability says that when its rezed the Runner takes a tag.

At first the Runner argued that he thought he could use Flip Switch to jack out. Table discussed it thoroughly and we decided that it couldn't work that way because this ability is not marked as an interrupt. He could jack out before the first subroutine, but couldn't interrupt the top ability while it was happening

Yeah. This is a point of timing that was drilled into my mind.

Initiate run
      corp decides whether to rez the first ice or not.
      If first ice is rezzed, runner encounters it - encountered effects fire here.
      Runner then gets to use abilities, typically against the active ice. Runner and corp flip back and forth on using said abilities (I forget which one initiates it off the top of my head).
      Once both sides pass on using abilities, any subroutines that are not broken fire off. No non-interrupt / reaction abilities can be used during this until all subroutines are resolved.
      If the runner isn't dead and then run isn't ended, the runner is considered to have passed the ice at this point.
      The runner then gets a chance to either jack out or continue the run. (There's also a paid ability window in this area too).

So yeah. You literally cannot initiate a run and then jack out before encountering the first ice. HOWEVER, if the first ice isn't rezzed and the second one is, you CAN jack out at that point after successfully passing the unrezzed ice.

... Have I mentioned that I miss this game?

• Options
      Athenor wrote: »

Yeah. This is a point of timing that was drilled into my mind.

Initiate run
      corp decides whether to rez the first ice or not.
      If first ice is rezzed, runner encounters it - encountered effects fire here.
      Runner then gets to use abilities, typically against the active ice. Runner and corp flip back and forth on using said abilities (I forget which one initiates it off the top of my head).
      Once both sides pass on using abilities, any subroutines that are not broken fire off. No non-interrupt / reaction abilities can be used during this until all subroutines are resolved.
      If the runner isn't dead and then run isn't ended, the runner is considered to have passed the ice at this point.
      The runner then gets a chance to either jack out or continue the run. (There's also a paid ability window in this area too).

So yeah. You literally cannot initiate a run and then jack out before encountering the first ice. HOWEVER, if the first ice isn't rezzed and the second one is, you CAN jack out at that point after successfully passing the unrezzed ice.

... Have I mentioned that I miss this game?

If you can find a way here, there's always a seat at the table.

• Options
      Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
      I got a game of it in tonight. It's pretty neat! Honestly, it might not be $200+ levels of worth it .

See also: all board games

• Options
      Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
      Ah_Pook wrote: »
      I got a game of it in tonight. It's pretty neat! Honestly, it might not be $200+ levels of worth it .

See also: all board games

not mine

oh wait yes mine

• Options
      Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
      I asked powerpuppies for Blood Rage advice tonight and instead we ended up playing Suburbia

I think I kept to the ruthless spirit of his counsel and fashioned a grim borough of airports and factories with a long and sickly river of industrial effluent, and through the good work of my PR firm I won 150 to 149, at the very end of the score track

• Options
      ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
      I got a game of it in tonight. It's pretty neat! Honestly, it might not be $200+ levels of worth it (it's fancy Pandemic), but it provides a child-like joy. The tower lights up! It spins! It makes sound effects and spits out skulls!

It also has great table presence and a wide appeal. Everyone I've shown it off to can't wait to try it themselves or play again. I'm not having a hard time like I usually do to get some people together for a game.

Having played a few games now, this is a lot of what I really enjoy about Return to Dark Tower.

It's an awesome game visually. When you set it up on the table, it brings the "Woah!" reaction from players. There's none of this, "Trust me, this is going cool, I promise" while setting it up.

Thanks to the app and the tower, a lot of the more complex book-keeping that would need to be handled with either more components, time, or rules, just gets taken care of. There's a lot going on each turn, and plenty of options for players, but the pace feels brisk because you're not manually shuffling, spinning, dealing, or rolling to resolve stuff.

And with that, again, between the tower and the app, there's a lot of action on the table. So even when it's not your turn, the game holds your attention. Between 5 games now, I've never had to tell someone, "Hey Bob, it's your turn".

Plus, there's a lot of depth to the game, and strategies to consider. With diversity between monsters, adversaries, and quests, it's highly replayable. And while there's some "foundational" strategies that you start to work out, the differences keep you on your toes enough that there's not a "one-size-conquers-all" build.

Wrap all of this up and tie it with the "very easy to teach" bow, and you have a great game. In fact, that's the thing that sealed the deal for me...it's so, so, so easy to set up and start playing with new players, it makes it a joy to bring out. If Restoration Games is at Pax Unplugged this year, they better come ready to get a hug from me, because whoever designed a game with this much complexity built in, but being so easy to teach deserves it.

• Options
      edited April 2022
      Whelp.. I took a gamble, rolled the dice... and ended up winning! It just took buying a board game I already owned to get a promo... for the second time...

So a few years back, I bought King of Tokyo: Dark, the single print LE of King of Tokyo. They made 2 promos for it: Space Penguin Dark and Cyber Kitty Dark. At the time, I got ahold of a Cyber Kitty, because I like kitties. Time passes, and I can't find the other promo anywhere. I had talked to my LGS store owner about possibly getting ahold of one, but it was a bit of a crap shoot.

Fast forward to today, and I noticed the Space Penguin Dark promo on a KoT: Dark that my LGS had in. Thing is, I couldn't remember which promo I had already. I was pretty sure I was looking for the penguin, but it had been a couple years and a pandemic ago. To be 100% sure, I asked one of the managers (a friend) to see if there were any other copies of that promo around, in case a restock happened. She found 2 more copies of KoT: Dark, but they both had regular King of Tokyo promos. Which, while cool (a giant magical girl and a unicorn), were not the dark editions I was looking for.

So I take a risk.. and buy it. And getting home today? Turns out that the penguin was the one I needed! So now I have a complete KoT: Dark set! (The promos are the 2 characters that were changed between King of Tokyo 1st and 2nd edition). And good thing too. A quick price search shows EACH promo going for $40-80 online, with one outlier of Cyber Kitty going for $199. The board game's only $40!
      So yeah. Not sure what I'm gonna do with my extra copy at this point. I'll PROBABLY donate it to Toys for Tots or something come Christmastime, like I did with the Citadels copy I bought just to get the promo.

4dHIsT8h.jpg

Edit: Ignore the alien.

Athenor on
    • Options
      BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
      edited April 2022
      Changes to the current edition of Hero Quest
      https://hasbropulse.com/blogs/avalon-hill/heroquest-try-out-a-new-beginning
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT2UJQNK4OE
      Differences between Europe's and NA's editions of the original Hero quest
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpkuSHsQxGQ

Brainleech on