As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Deep clean hands

RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
Ok forum chatters. I am seeking some advice on how to best get deep dirt from off/out of my hands. After washing and even scrubbing I'll still sometimes have "dirt" (brown/black) deep in the lines of my palms, fingers/fingertips that did not go away that is from work that day. Obviously I don't want that there were I to eat finger foods or while I am cooking at home.

So I am seeking advice on a method or product or both that will get rid of that. Hoping somebody has some experience with what I mean and can lend some insight into a solution. Thanks.

"If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Have you tried using an abrasive (like 50/50 Olive oil+sugar or a handsoap with with pumice in it)?
    Or a soak with either somewhat acidic (like vinegar) or base (baking soda) added to it?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    What kind of soap do you use?

Might want to check your local auto part stores to see if they have any pumice infused hand cleaners.
    I've heard that Lava soap is good for deep grime because of the abrasive effect of the pumice.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    pumice soap!

the green bar from shop class!

edit:

https://www.lavasoap.com/products/lava-bar/

Xaquin on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Yeah, you want mechanics soap. Gojo, Lava, or Natural Orange can be found at any auto parts or hardware store.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    GoJo liquid soap would be my recommendation. It's slightly abrasive and smells like oranges.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Gojo and a scrub brush. I can get most of the stuff off my hands at the end of the day with that. Soaking in water helps too.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
    I see. I'll check those out. Thanks guys.

"If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    My roommate buys this and this is what some mechanics use to get car grease off their hands
    Permatex 25217 Fast Orange Pumice Lotion Hand Cleaner, 1/2 Gallon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HBI9UK/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_CBY5611ARFN46B8029RQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1