As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TV] Thready Ready

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Yeah, there was a serious uptick after the first two episodes. I hope it makes it more than a couple of seasons if it can keep up that sort of quality. Lord knows they have plenty of source material to cherry pick from if they wanted to go 4, 5, or more seasons.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    oh hey, Undone is coming back!

https://youtu.be/9uPoNKVfpe0

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Peacemaker has the best episode titles, oh my god.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Man the last few episodes of clone wars season 7 kick so much ass. And the animation quality just went through the roof with those Disney bucks

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

The Choad Less Traveled and It’s Cow or Never are definite all-timers.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Watched severance episode eight
    oh you fuckers

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

The Choad Less Traveled and It’s Cow or Never are definite all-timers.

Yeah I watched the former today and bravo

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Yellowjackets general spoiler up to ep 9
    POV: You are Van
    cg5t4eajxjad.png

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    On today's episode of Ally McBeal, Ally turns 29 & John Cage turns 35.

During a staff meeting Lucy Liu asks Ally if she's turning 35 and Ally pulls out an uzi & unloads it into Liu's chest.

Lucy Liu's character also reveals that the reason she has held off having sex with Richard Fish is that she's so good at it she has blinded, wounded, & killed men in the past via the act.

The end of the episode is Ally & John's shared birthday party. Richard Fish fingers the back of Lucy Liu's knee, thus shifting the sexual dynamic back in his favor. And Portia de Rossi, as a birthday present, gets Barry White to show up.

The whole cast then dances to Barry White.

https://youtu.be/5LvYrKawjB0

Perfect Television

This was the last thing I read before heading to bed last night.

I ended up dreaming that Zonugal was trying to get us all to watch a new sexy CW reboot of Small Wonder.

Brains are weird.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I think Pooro's first idea on Severence is right, but they have a lot of ground to cover if that's really the case...on the other hand it got renewed for a second season which is very much not a thing you can do with that kind of premise.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    If I had to guess how much on screen child murder would be featured in this silly Halo video game show the number I would throw out there would be far less then what they are serving up, gonna be be honest.

Cristoval wrote: »
    If I had to guess how much on screen child murder would be featured in this silly Halo video game show the number I would throw out there would be far less then what they are serving up, gonna be be honest.

They really, uh, murdered the fucking shit out of those kids, didn’t they? Like, I don’t think kids can get more murdered.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

I hear kids "explode like water balloons."

And while that's not gonna get me to watch, it is literally the first even half-interesting thing I've heard about it.

Oh this show fucking hates kids.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    The halo universe is not kind to kids what with the whole stealing orphans for super soldier experiments that often fail

edited April 2022
    To be fair, the entire premise of Halo is centered on children who are kidnapped from their parents and replaced by defective clones who will die young so that the real kids can be brainwashed and genetically engineered into highly efficient killing machine super soldiers to put down rebels and dissidents.

I guess what I’m saying is that getting vaporized into pink mist by alien plasma rifles is actually slightly above average treatment for children in Halo.

minor incident on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Grunts are kind of like children

I'm sure grunts pop in a real satisfying way but they have yet to show up.

Also there was a scene in the most recent episode where I wasn't sure whether or not they were going to commit to master chiefs suit jacking him off and I was leaning into the tv real good
    sadly it did not

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    On today's episode of Ally McBeal, Ally turns 29 & John Cage turns 35.

During a staff meeting Lucy Liu asks Ally if she's turning 35 and Ally pulls out an uzi & unloads it into Liu's chest.

Lucy Liu's character also reveals that the reason she has held off having sex with Richard Fish is that she's so good at it she has blinded, wounded, & killed men in the past via the act.

The end of the episode is Ally & John's shared birthday party. Richard Fish fingers the back of Lucy Liu's knee, thus shifting the sexual dynamic back in his favor. And Portia de Rossi, as a birthday present, gets Barry White to show up.

The whole cast then dances to Barry White.

https://youtu.be/5LvYrKawjB0

Perfect Television

This was the last thing I read before heading to bed last night.

I ended up dreaming that Zonugal was trying to get us all to watch a new sexy CW reboot of Small Wonder.

Brains are weird.

why would you put this out into the world? whyyyyy?

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Russian Doll S2 trailer

https://youtu.be/QvEyUOoLehI

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Cock a roach

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Man the last few episodes of clone wars season 7 kick so much ass. And the animation quality just went through the roof with those Disney bucks

They keep up that animation quality for bad batch.
    And the music quality
    Kevin kiner might be just under Williams for me now

Lars wrote: »

Brains are weird.

why would you put this out into the world? whyyyyy?

I had to experience it, so should everyone else.

Robot teenager Vicki trying to adapt to high school life, and her broody brother secretly has a crush on her since she's not really his sister, and whatever the evil robot's name was shows up pretending to be her cousin.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    How many abs does this broody brother possess?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Modern audiences love not-quite-incest

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    I would love to know what people in fifty years will think of this whole cultural...moment.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    I would love to know what people in fifty years will think of this whole cultural...moment.

Optimistic

How many abs does this broody brother possess?

I don't know, what's a good number? Let's go with seven.

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    The new season of Close Enough came out today and I've already watched all of it. Cokey Brian is probably my favorite name for a side character I've seen in a bit.

Hexmage-PA on
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »

And the music quality

Oh yeah the music was phenomenal! Good to know that it’s kept up

Bloods End wrote: »

And the music quality

Oh yeah the music was phenomenal! Good to know that it’s kept up

There is an episode that is basically silence and ethereal music and it amazing.

Yeah, Bad Batch starts a little slow, but gets steadily better. It also keeps a really good balance of episodic and serialized structure. I ended up enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

And while that's not gonna get me to watch, it is literally the first even half-interesting thing I've heard about it.

Are we talking like, Raised By Wolves water balloon explosions, or more John Wick's Shotgun level explosions

I'm game for either, I'd just like to know what to expect

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    edited April 2022
    Yeah, Bad Batch starts a little slow, but gets steadily better. It also keeps a really good balance of episodic and serialized structure. I ended up enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would.

And it may have the most darkest moment in star wars film or tv history
    The first stormtroopers executing civilians

Bloods End on
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Well. That's Yellowjackets finished.

Woof.

That was really good. But, damn.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    Olivaw wrote: »

Are we talking like, Raised By Wolves water balloon explosions, or more John Wick's Shotgun level explosions

A mix of both? Like what would happen if a human body actually got hit by a hyper-fast blast of plasma.

Now I'm kind of hoping the needler makes an appearance because I'm sure some nice body horror could be done with that.

Olivaw wrote: »

Well, I haven’t seen Raised by Wolves, but it’s definitely a lot more of a vaporized mist/slurry situation.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Finished off Severance.

Great episode, great cliffhanger, I enjoyed myself.

I will say that it felt like a dynamite penultimate episode, kinda iffy on it being a finale. Need to simmer on it longer to articulate why, but it felt... Off.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Is it nine eps? Somehow I'd picked up the vague idea it was 10.

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    I see we all watched the Severance season finale.

All I have to say about it is
    I'VE GOT TO WAIT ANOTHER YEAR FOR THE SECOND SEASON???

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WITH THIS SHIT??????????

Hacksaw on
This discussion has been closed.