As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular

ronzo wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    In case anyone still cares, this is your one week warning for the "Honor system" rewards, so grind away if you haven't already finished the climb and you want any of the golden cards.

no it's over

Fuck me I was 200 away from finishing the stupid thing.

Goddamnit blizzard you can pop up a warning that you’re doing maintenance every Tuesday, or that there’s a sale that never includes hearthstone, but you can’t earn me that I need to finish that quest up?

You can still earn points on mobile. At least I am at this very moment. (EU Server)

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »

ronzo wrote: »
    In case anyone still cares, this is your one week warning for the "Honor system" rewards, so grind away if you haven't already finished the climb and you want any of the golden cards.

no it's over

Fuck me I was 200 away from finishing the stupid thing.

Goddamnit blizzard you can pop up a warning that you’re doing maintenance every Tuesday, or that there’s a sale that never includes hearthstone, but you can’t earn me that I need to finish that quest up?

You can still earn points on mobile. At least I am at this very moment. (EU Server)

My app on iOS/ NA server already updated and the quest is gone.

At least I got the extra tier 1 portrait first, and I picked horde so I have both of the legendaries.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    SwiftscaleTrickster-300x419.png
    Turn 4 Smokescreen here we go!

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

jesus Fucking christ

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Really glad you couldn't bet money on What Cards Will Be Core? before the reveal because I would've lost a metric boatload on Zilliax.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    Zilliax was the most auto-included card of all time (at least since like the first year of Hearthstone, which barely counts). I wouldn't expect to see him in Core again, at least not without some adjustments.

• RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular

"Fuck balance, all my homies hate balance."
    I wonder how much mana Rogues will manage to cheat in a turn between this and shadowstep. It really feels like the current devs just...don't care anymore.

Zilliax was the most auto-included card of all time (at least since like the first year of Hearthstone, which barely counts). I wouldn't expect to see him in Core again, at least not without some adjustments.

Snookered by all the random Mech support, I guess.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    The new board looks nice. Tapping on the cannon makes it fire bubbles. Found a key but no lock.

Beware that the Tavern Brawl this week gives a Standard Pack, so you are highly advised to wait until after the expansion/rotation hits to open it.

Could we maybe not have like every Shaman damage spell able to go face? That'd be cool.
    ec8alp53449r.png

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i genuinely don't think that the things that rogues could do with swiftscale trickster - at this time - are particularly impressive compared to what other classes can do, or what rogue can already do

liEt3nH.png
    i genuinely don't think that the things that rogues could do with swiftscale trickster - at this time - are particularly impressive compared to what other classes can do, or what rogue can already do
    It's already gonna make it a 4 mana 2/2 that can draw 5 and potentially triggers deathrattles from those cards thanks to Smokescreen. Do you think Blizz will successfully avoid making Rogue degenerate with all their spells and deathrattles for the time period this is around? (It's also worth noting Rogue is the class that gets to steal other classes' stuff, so maybe they grab something completely outside their own toolbox, too.)

Even just something like Blood in the Water makes it a 4 mana 2/2 that battlecries for 3 damage to any enemy and gives you another 5/5 rush, which is a pretty great board control option if you need it. To me, it's just the kind of card design that doesn't need to exist. It either enables something incredibly stupid to happen, or you design around its existence for two years specifically to prevent it from enabling something stupid happening. In which case, why the hell did you make it to begin with?

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    It's already gonna make it a 4 mana 2/2 that can draw 5 and potentially triggers deathrattles from those cards thanks to Smokescreen. Do you think Blizz will successfully avoid making Rogue degenerate with all their spells and deathrattles for the time period this is around? (It's also worth noting Rogue is the class that gets to steal other classes' stuff, so maybe they grab something completely outside their own toolbox, too.)

Even just something like Blood in the Water makes it a 4 mana 2/2 that battlecries for 3 damage to any enemy and gives you another 5/5 rush, which is a pretty great board control option if you need it. To me, it's just the kind of card design that doesn't need to exist. It either enables something incredibly stupid to happen, or you design around its existence for two years specifically to prevent it from enabling something stupid happening. In which case, why the hell did you make it to begin with?

Fiendish plot.

This will draw the ire of the player base, so that the designer's egregious pet card won't seem as bad by comparison and they can keep it.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    I mean if you want to say "Maybe they will print a better big spell later in the year", sure. But the big spells you can play with it in Rogue now suck. And anything you print has to keep up with all the other cards being printed for all the other classes.

It's very difficult to play these kind of value cards for rogue because on the whole, the toolkit for rogue is not suited for value play. You wind up with these one or two cards that have absolutely no support elsewhere in the set. Like, there are three rogue deathrattles after rotation. Two of them are "get a coin" and one is "get a shitty potion". Why would you play that in comparison to something like SI:7 package?

liEt3nH.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    The trick is to burgle other class' 10 mana spells first.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    I think Trickster->Vessel would also be a pretty good turn 4 play.

Good News - it appears that the Honor quest is sorta still on as it's currently listed in the Gameplay achievements for Alterac and it's counting 40 honor per win (unsure on losses, but maybe 20?) if either of the two Legends you were working with are in your deck.

I've been having a grand time tweaking a Vanndar Paladin deck that still is a bit of fun even if you don't get him on curve.

And if you DO get him on curve? Oh mercy.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Watching a bunch of prerelease streams yesterday and too early predictions are that

Mech Mage
    Reno

are the two winners of the set

Also, Colossal minions are fun but not all that powerful

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »

Good News - it appears that the Honor quest is sorta still on as it's currently listed in the Gameplay achievements for Alterac and it's counting 40 honor per win (unsure on losses, but maybe 20?) if either of the two Legends you were working with are in your deck.

I've been having a grand time tweaking a Vanndar Paladin deck that still is a bit of fun even if you don't get him on curve.

And if you DO get him on curve? Oh mercy.

Okay so, I did some digging because some stuff wasn’t adding up. I finished the 7200 Honor achievement while still a couple hundred honor away from achieving the max rank emblem. I have all the golden cards and got to pick the hero portrait reward, even though I was, emblem wise, 1200/1400 for the last rank.

Turns out the honor system went live before the emblem quest tracking kicked in. So I had something like 7600-7800 total honor by the end and all I missed was getting the last rank badge, but none of the rewards.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/patch-2301-patch-notes/84606
    In order to prevent an unintended interaction after Standard rotation, Pandaren Importer is changing from a 2-mana 1/3 to a 3-mana 2/4. Because this is a server-side patch, Pandaren Importer will appear as though its stats have been affected by an in-game effect. This will be updated in an upcoming patch. Because of this change, regular copies of Pandaren Importer will be able to be disenchanted for their full dust value until April 20 at 10 a.m. Pacific. (Golden copies of Pandaren Importer are not craftable because they were on the United in Stormwind rewards track).

liEt3nH.png
    For anyone curious about the "unintended interaction" it was most likely Rogue that was to blame.

I have no idea if the animation times for this combo were long enough to make it impractical or not.

Grobian wrote: »
    There is also a new BG hero. Hero power looks fine (get a random mech whenever 9 friendly minions have died), but not great and the buddy looks kinda weak (it's a mech that grows whenever you play a mech), because there isn't really a good payoff to have a single huge mech.
    Turns out Ini is broken as shit, so much so that they didn't even wait a week to nerf her.

There is also a new BG hero. Hero power looks fine (get a random mech whenever 9 friendly minions have died), but not great and the buddy looks kinda weak (it's a mech that grows whenever you play a mech), because there isn't really a good payoff to have a single huge mech.
    Turns out Ini is broken as shit, so much so that they didn't even wait a week to nerf her.

She won nearly every lobby I saw her in and usually had a huge winstreak in the process of doing so, yeah.

The Lifesteal DH players are really out in force celebrating the unnerfs this week.

hell yeah brothers live mas

liEt3nH.png
    Why's the panda chick cost 3 mana instead of 2 today? I substituted in a Transfer Student and, since the expansion hasn't launched yet, his special battlecry on the new undersea board is to add a katana fish man to your hand every time.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Why's the panda chick cost 3 mana instead of 2 today? I substituted in a Transfer Student and, since the expansion hasn't launched yet, his special battlecry on the new undersea board is to add a katana fish man to your hand every time.
    For anyone curious about the "unintended interaction" it was most likely Rogue that was to blame.

I have no idea if the animation times for this combo were long enough to make it impractical or not.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular

She won nearly every lobby I saw her in and usually had a huge winstreak in the process of doing so, yeah.

My first time playing her I got 1st place

She is omega busted

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    She is still an easy 1st if you're a bit decent at shieldjuggling.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    Thank god there's only 2 more days of getting hit by Turn 1 Wildpaw Caverns (optionally into turn 4 Caverns). Come on, rotation!

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2022
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Rogues can add every spell to their deck in Standard except Shadowstep. So Importer can always fetch Shadowstep. Add in Brann and that Rogue two-mana card that deals two damage if you have a weapon equipped, and you deal four damage and generate two shadowsteps. From there you go infinite.

Bumping Importer to three mana breaks the infinite since Shadowstep reduces mana cost by two

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    Thank god there's only 2 more days of getting hit by Turn 1 Wildpaw Caverns (optionally into turn 4 Caverns). Come on, rotation!

I'm Diamond 3 and furiously trying to hit Legend before Tuesday and everything turns into Chaos.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    bwanie wrote: »
    She is still an easy 1st if you're a bit decent at shieldjuggling.

I had an incredibly silly comp that had... Oh gosh, what was it... wonder if I still have it in my recent victories-- Ah yes, there it is.

Dj5jioo.png

Zapp was to snipe... I forgot, Rivendare maybe. But it was key, it won me the game. I had been slotting in a Grease Bot for a while too, hence the increased stats on Rivendare.

Extremely fast lobby so no one was able to scale very much at all. Clean sweep.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    i have achieved kazakusan into quel'dalar, rotation can happen now

liEt3nH.png
    I was watching XQN stream BGs some, and his rating is so high he loses points for third place. Pretty crazy.