As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Legends of Runeterra] Definitely not Neeko! Nope!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    A few days ago, I was at Plat 2/80. Today I'm back at Plat 4. So many awful games over the last few days. Tons of bad match-ups, bad hands, and bad plays. I'm getting so frustrated which makes laddering worse.

And if I play one more fucking Lurk, Darkness, or Scout deck I'm gonna lose it. No wonder a majority of the player base plays PoC. It's carefree and fun.

This meta, and generally speaking, the entire Ranked experience needs a shake-up. Pull a LOT of power out of Bandle and/or buff up the other regions a lot. Power creep older cards and archetypes (Elites, Enlightened, Deep, etc) to create a better feeling than the last year or so has created. With all the regions released, now is the time to make it happen.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I've only played a handful of games in months. It's just dumb.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I only play PoC these days but I finished Tahm Kench so I'm sad because he was a lot of fun.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Well, my Master's climb is done. Not sure what I'm gonna do now for the *checks notes* 2 more months until the next seasonal.

I played the TF version of Pirates from D3 the rest of the way up.
    CICACBIGAEBAEAYDAQBQEBQWEY6AIAIDAIGA6KACAEAQGJIDAIDBULJ6AIAQCAZOAEBAMIA

I pulled this off llorr because it was somehow posting a 60% WR while standard Pirates was down at 53%. Most of the changes are Pantheon tech I think? Yellow card and Sentry to stop tall blockers, Navigator to go a little wider and push some additional MF and Crackshot pings.

Honestly even as a 1 of GP feels pretty bad at 4 health. 3rd TF would also be bad though because Pick a Card is usually unplayable, but maybe it should be a Double Up or a Darius or something?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I only play PoC these days but I finished Tahm Kench so I'm sad because he was a lot of fun.

This is me exactly. I can't find another champion that's as fun as TK, Yasuo, Zed, or Jinx. Tried Nami, Jayce, and Ahri and none of them stuck.

• Options
    I'm currently trying to play Irelia and it's really not fun. I can't get past Ezrel because everyone gets removal spells for free so all her shit dies and oh look I'm out of cards. Powers and buddies don't seem to help at all.

I miss Tahm. I miss soaking everything the AI threw at me and eating his best dude. Why can't they just add more levels?

• Options
    I think for my Irelia win I got the power that gives your weakest unit +3/+3 each round. That let them survive removal spells and build a board.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    I've picked up Miss Fortune again and I'm having fun. Earlier in my PoC journeys, enemies-have-tough really took the wind out of her sails, what with totally erasing all the text on her and on Make it Rain. But the relic that gives +1 to spell and skill damage gives her her mojo back!

It's crazy that PoC is just a side mode. It has crazy replayability, and if they packaged up an expansion for $20 I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Airking850 on
  • Options
    Airking850 wrote: »
    I've picked up Miss Fortune again and I'm having fun. Earlier in my PoC journeys, enemies-have-tough really took the wind out of her sails, what with totally erasing all the text on her and on Make it Rain. But the relic that gives +1 to spell and skill damage gives her her mojo back!

It's crazy that PoC is just a side mode. It has crazy replayability, and if they packaged up an expansion for $20 I would buy it in a heartbeat.

The last roadmap video said that a majority of the player base is playing PoC (more than all other modes combined) and that they'll be putting a lot of focus into PoC going forward. Of course, this set off a series of doom-and-gloom messages that the PvP mode is dead. People are weird.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    To be fair, the PvP mode is why, ultimately, I have the game installed. If I wanted what PoC gives me, there are many, many other games that do it better.

This isn't to say PoC isn't fun or anything, but LoR exists in my life to fulfill a specific purpose and it isn't living up to that purpose.

The only other thing LoR has going for it is I can play it while I poop.

• Options
    I'm really hoping the developers are taking the community feedback about PvP into account going forward. Hopefully with all the regions done, they can focus on improving PvP while implementing new archetypes. As I mentioned before, Bandle City needs a serious looking at and other regions need to be power crept up.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    It's really weird to me because I really favored aggro and midrange decks in Hearthstone and it was so Control heavy at the time. And here it feels like aggro decks are so much better in every meta we've been in and I just want to play a fun control deck and it just means I need to lose 4/5ths of my matches. Sucks.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The incredibly low power of removal and the fact that every creature has pseudo-Haste makes Runeterra an aggro-friendly design and it takes a lot of individual card power to bring the meta out of that.

Most of the balance patches are just kicking the can down the road and the playerbase hyper focuses on a current boogeyman.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/3BpUR6q5Pg8

This is exactly why most people prefer PoC over PvP. Look at the joy GrappLr is having in this mode.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Raphterra has come back to LoR! He's a smaller YT creator, but his videos are very instructional instead of just an intro plus a few games. Highly recommended if you want a lot of step-by-step explanation for a deck vs aggro/midrange/control decks.

https://youtu.be/hisGVPgqB3Q
    https://youtu.be/jwvWhtuK3AE

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    qsqhj2601uun.png

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Picked up my last Prime Glory, just in time for... oh, wait, we have another month and a half to go...
    Well, at least there's a patch next week to look forward to. And if that doesn't do much there's a new Hearthstone set the week after that.

No lineup strategy this week, just a pile of generically good decks.

Match Score (4-0)
    Game Score (8-1)

Panth Yuumi (3-1, 1 ban)
    CQCQCAIABEAQGAAOAECQUHIDAMERWIZTAMCQSAYFAYCACAIADIAQEAABAEBQSXACAQAAEAYCAECQSCQCAMERGVI

Gnarlines (1-0, 3 bans)
    CQDACAIBAMAQCBBNAEBQCBQBAUCBQAQEAQFBAAQFBKMADIIBAQAQCAILAIAQIGZUAIBQCAQDAICACCQMAIAQCBBHAEBQICY

Lulu Fizz YiA (4-0, 0 bans)
    CQCQCAYCAIAQGBASAECAIEAEAECAYJZNGQCQKCTPPCTADLYBYAAQEAICAYXACBIKRAAQA

Notes
    Match 1
    Zil Xerath, Plunder, Akshan Riven
    I ban Zil Xerath, opponent bans Panth Yuumi
    Game 1: Gnarlines (W) v Akshan Riven
    Game 2: YiA (W) v Plunder

Match 2
    Gnar Sej Swain, Sentinel Control, Ashe SI
    I ban Gnar Sej Swain, opponent bans Gnarlines
    Game 1: Panth Yuumi (L) v Sentinel Control
    Game 2: Panth Yuumi (W) v Ashe SI
    Game 3: YiA (W) v Ashe SI

Match 3
    Predict, Jayce Lux, YiA Rally
    I ban Jayce Lux, opponent bans Gnarlines
    Game 1: Panth Yuumi (W) v Predict
    Game 2: YiA (W) v YiA Rally

Match 4
    Scouts, Panth Yuumi, Gnar Akshan
    I ban Gnar Akshan, opponent bans Gnarlines
    Game 1: Panth Yuumi (W) v Panth Yuumi
    Game 2: YiA (W) v Panth Yuumi
    [/quote]

• Options
    I'm hoping this next patch is a big shake-up for the meta, especially in terms of Bandle City.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I don't think it's really a balance issue. Like Demacia and Darkness are a bit too good and non-Gnar Freljord and non-Darkness SI are a bit meh, but ultimately you can play basically anything right now.

It's just been 6 weeks so at this point I have in fact played all of the anythings.

• Options
    We've got some rumored patch notes. Are they real? Who knows, but speculation is fun.
    Bandle City
    Gnar: 4|3 -> 3|3

Rumble: Mecha-Yordles damage will also progress his level up condition

Conchologist: 2|2 -> 2|1

Loping Telescope: 2 mana -> 3 mana

Bilgewater
    Pyke: 2|3 -> 1|3

Sheriff Lariette Rose: 6|5 -> 7|6

Demacia
    Sharpsight: +2|+2 -> +1|+2

Vanguard Sergeant: 3|4 -> 3|3

King Jarvan III: 3|6 -> 5|6

Freljord
    She Who Wanders: Obliterate all followers -> Obliterate all units

Ionia
    Twin Disciplines: Discipline of Force: +3|0 -> +2|0; Discipline of Fortitude: Unchanged

Sacred Protector: Changed. I tried to use the youtube transcription on google translate, but the result was incomprehensible.

Piltover and Zaun
    Caitlyn: 2 Flashbombs on top 10 cards -> 2 Flashbombs on top 8 cards

Viktor: Hexcore 1 mana -> 0 mana

Calculated Creations: Grants +1|+1 to the created follower

Shurima
    Azir: 13 units -> 13 units and landmarks

Careful Preparation: 3 mana -> 2 mana

Quicksand: Disable keywords and -4|0 to one unit -> disable keywords and -2|0 to two units

Xer’Sai Dunebreaker: 3|6 -> 3|5

Targon
    Aphelios: Moon Weapons: 3 mana -> 2 mana (Crescendum nerfed/changed)

Gifts From Beyond: 1 mana -> 2 mana

Pantheon: 4|2 -> 3|2

Paddle Star: 4 damage -> 5 damage

Camphor, the Doubt: 5|4 -> 6|4. Allies have been targeted 6 times -> 4 times.

• Options
    If Azir switches to units+landmarks that will actually be very big. Xerath + Azir decks were actually pretty good for a while. I hope that's more than rumor.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    PATCH NOTES ARE OUT!

Most of the leaked patch notes were correct. In addition, we got three new cards! Bandle Tree and YiA on the radar and getting changed in a future patch.

New cards:

mzxw9lyomgz0.png
    ezi19c5fnty9.png
    snztqtuhp2sf.png

Some interesting card changes. Aphelios might be back. Lurk nerfs and some combat trick nerfs (Sharpsight and Twin) are big. Guess we'll see how much these buffs/nerfs change things up.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I really like the UI updates.
    https://youtu.be/OirKKZdaYNk
    In patch 3.4.0, we’re introducing the following updates, which you can see in action in the video above!
    • Nexus Health Previsualization: We’ve all been there… missing lethal or passing on block because you forgot about that pesky Dreadway or a champion leveling up after committing an attack, and you forget to check the Oracle’s Eye. With Nexus Health Previsualization, you’ll see exactly how much damage you’re dealing, or how much your Nexus is taking before it’s too late. The indicator will get a bit more emphatic if incoming damage is lethal.
    • Unit Destruction Previsualization: Just like with Nexus health, it’s easy to lose track of just how much damage a unit is taking, especially when you’re facing a 5-spell stack and Tough / Formidable units on the board. This update makes it so units will now display cracks when they’re facing lethal damage during an interaction.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Aphelios my beloved ;-; please be back ;-; might actually start playing against humans again if he's viable

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Count me as someone not excited about an Aphelios return. Those matches are so fucking long because of all the tedious slow-speed animations.

• Options
    Ironically, random Targon 2 drops are weighted toward trash pretty heavily. Like your high roll is Mountain Goat.

P&Z is pretty good though, and the other regions range from okayish to also trash.

• Options
    Went 13-3 over the last three days with Poppy/Galio to finally get into Diamond. This deck is a lot of fun and does surprisingly well into the (current) meta. Nothing in the deck is getting hit outside of Sharpsight, so it should be fine after the patch drops.

leqn67l62t66.png
    CQCQCAYABYAQIAACAICQUKPLAECACAABBEFR2BAFAAEQUDASAIAQCAAVAEBAABYA

It feels really good to play Bannerman again. Lots of key synergies include Poppy buffing boards, Yordlesmith giving Quick Attack to your attackers, and Galio ending games if he levels.

Mulligan:
    Always: Durand Sculptor, Petricite Broadwing, Yordle Smith
    vs Aggro: Fleetfeather Tracker, Petricite Hound, Brightsteel Protector
    vs Midrand/Control: Poppy, Bannerman

Don't be afraid to take passes. Having a bigger board is key for maximizing Yordle Smith, Poppy, Bannerman, and Galio buffs. Laurent Protege and Broadwing threaten big value champions (Viegar, MF, etc) so having them out with banked spell mana is a great time to pass. They don't develop and you get a thicker board. Also, don't forget that Poppy and Yordle Smith only buff units with attack equal to or less than theirs. Usually this isn't a problem unless you've buffed your board via Poppy or Bannerman. Not a bad idea to pre-commit a Sharpsight on either unit to give the entire squad buffs. Finally, Ranger's Resolve is huge in this ping meta. I crushed a Darkness deck that tried to use Pokey Stick and Vile Infestation to clear my attacking units. Felt good man!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Mono Shurima is really dumb now lol

• Options
    This week's gauntlet I just picked the 3 best decks on Masters ladder at the moment.

Match Score (4-0)
    Game Score (8-1)

Viktor Riven (3-0, 1 ban)
    CECQCBIDBUAQKBAUAMAQIJZNGQBQGAYBAMDQIAYEAIBQKEQBAEBQGDYCAECAGFQBAUBQS
    This deck runs a number of threats with augment to pump up attack, provides them with overwhelm or elusive to serve as evasion, and then protects them with Survival Skills to create a Lee Sin type combo with several smaller Lee Sins. The only card in the deck that has changed is Viktor himself, so it's rise is primarily predicated on meta shifts and other decks being nerfed.

Ziggs Taliyah (2-0, 2 bans)
    CQBQCBIHBMBAKCSJUMAQKBAHBUSSMSKZAMAQKCQ3AMCAOTDNRIAQGBIHAICAOAQBAUFAMAIFA4IQ
    This has been a tier 2 deck for a while now and a common anti-control deck in tournament lineups. It has a similar plan to the above deck, where it pushes large amounts of Overwhelm damage in midgame swing turns, but it plays a bit more strongly to the board and is somewhat reliant on chip damage from early units and Ziggs triggers. Again, the only changes to this deck have been the addition of 2 copies of Quicksand, which although a phenomenal card now, is further evidence that this general strategy is good into the current meta.

Fizz Lulu YiA (3-1, 1 ban)
    CQCQCAYCAIAQGBASAECAIEAEAECAYJZNGQCQKCTPPCEADJQBYAAQCAICAYXACAQFBI2HI
    YiA was tier 1 before the patch and none of it's card were nerfed. This is our 3rd midgame swing deck, where we aim to push 15+ damage in a single turn either by pumping with YiA while outnumbering their blockers or via elusives.

Notes
    Match 1
    Frel Pile, Frel SI Pile, Braum Soraka
    I ban Frel Pile, opponent bans Ziggs Taliyah
    Game 1: YiA (L) v Frel SI Pile
    Game 2: YiA (W) v Braum Soraka
    Game 3: Riven Viktor (W) v Braum Soraka

Match 2
    Bilge Nox Pile, Reputation, Frel SI Pile
    I ban Frel SI Pile, opponent bans Ziggs Taliyah
    Game 1: YiA (W) v Reputation
    Game 2: Riven Viktor (W) v Bilge Nox Pile

Match 3
    Lurk, Leona P&Z, Teemo Cait
    I ban Teemo Cait, opponent bans Riven Viktor
    Game 1: Ziggs Taliyah (W) v Lurk
    Game 2: YiA (W) v Lurk

Match 4
    Deep, Lurk, Braum Galio
    I ban Braum Galio, opponent bans YiA
    Game 1: Ziggs Taliyah (W) v Deep
    Game 2: Riven Viktor (W) v Deep

• Options
    Reminder that LoR is stupidly free.

qjffp50jonue.png

I often wonder if it's too free. Like, do some people having all the cards just make them stop playing since they're isn't something to strive for?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    The thing to strive for is mastery, that's just not something a lot of people care about.

On another note, I just had the most questionable Deny played against me that I've seen yet:

RgWHaec.png

• Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    The thing to strive for is mastery, that's just not something a lot of people care about.

On another note, I just had the most questionable Deny played against me that I've seen yet:

RgWHaec.png

That Deny left your cat speechless.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Reminder that LoR is stupidly free.

qjffp50jonue.png

I often wonder if it's too free. Like, do some people having all the cards just make them stop playing since they're isn't something to strive for?

The game must be fun or I won't play it.

Like, I'm not saying it isn't fun, but it isn't as fun anymore.

Having all the cards really has nothing to do with it.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    After messing around with mono-shurima for a little while just see how dumb it is; I went ahead and tried out viktor/riven and that deck is just bonkers.

Hit masters and probably cruised through diamond at around 80% WR, not tracking anything but it wasn't that many games.

It punishes so many decks and every time your opponent has a chance at winning your sitting on 5-8 dmg of burn in your hand

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was all ready to post about how broken Mono Shurima is now, but then I tried out Viktor/Riven and he's definitely more broken.

• Options
    I've been too salty to play much in 2022 before now, but attach sure is a flop of a mechanic huh

• Options
    Yuumi saw a lot of play as part of the Pantheon archetype. They're on a bit of a vacation following the Quicksand buff but they'll probably be back.

Papercraft Dragon is also playable but it struggles against opponents that play slow and refuse to tap low or swing.

The rest are mostly gimmicks though.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    buff-type abilities, even those that leave a creature behind, are very hard to make powerful enough to see play without making them overpowered. razor-thin ass line

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I wanted to play some control for gauntlet this week, so I tried out Aphelios Vi and Viktor Lee. Ziggs Taliyah is only there because I needed a third deck and all the other control decks are old hat at this point.

Match Score (4-0)
    Game Score (8-2)

Aphelios Vi (4-1, 0 bans)
    CQCACAYEAUAQIBAQAIAQIJZUAMBQSSLA3EAQGAIBAQTACAQEBACQGCJDKRKVMYQEAEAQIGYBAMCAWAIFBKMACAQDBEEVY
    Vi is supposedly the more optimal partner than Viktor, but it's probably ideal to split them up regardless so you can have a Viktor deck elsewhere in the lineup

Viktor Lee (3-1, 1 ban)
    CECQCAIEGQAQIBAHAIAQEDBRAMBQIAYFCICAEAQDAUDASAQBAMCA4AQFAQGBIAIBAEBCK
    I really have no idea if this deck is good. It wins, kind of, but closing games feels super awkward since Lee is mostly a removal tool without overwhelm. It does a much better job of protecting Viktor than Riven lists do though, and Eye is trivial to activate with Ballistic Bot and Viktor generated cards.

Ziggs Taliyah (1-0, 3 bans)
    CQBQCBIHBMBAKCSJUMAQKBAHBUSSMSKZAMAQKCQ3AMCAOTDNRIAQGBIHAICAOAQBAUFAMAIFA4IQ

Notes
    Match 1
    Gnar Poppy Galio Freljord, Spiders, Sun Disc
    I ban Gnar Galio, opponent bans Ziggs Taliyah
    Game 1: Aphelios Vi (L) v Sun Disc
    Game 2: Aphelios Vi (W) v Spiders
    Game 3: Viktor Lee W() v Spiders

Match 2
    Panth Yuumi, Ziggs Taliyah, Ez Cait
    I ban Ez Cait, opponent bans Ziggs Taliyah
    Game 1: Aphelios Vi (W) v Panth
    Game 2: Viktor Lee (L) v Panth
    Game 3: Viktor Lee (W) v Ziggs Taliyah

Match 3
    Darkness, Lurk, Sun Disc
    I ban Darkness, opponent bans Viktor Lee
    Game 1: Aphelios Vi (W) v Lurk
    Game 2: Ziggs Taliyah (W) v Sun Disc

Match 4
    Panth Yuumi, Lurk, Sej Teemo
    I ban Sej Teemo, opponent bans Ziggs Taliyah
    Game 1: Aphelios Vi (W) v Panth
    Game 2: Viktor Lee (W) v Lurk

• Options
    I've had some horrendous ladder matches lately. Got to Diamond 2/40, then plummeted to D4/0 going like 3-15 or something awful like that.

Thinking my Master's rank a few seasons back was a fluke. At this point, Diamond is the new Master and then it's just for fun.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page