As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Kaeya c1 off the monthly wishes.

Almost have enough to guarantee a Yelan.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I think I’m going to just save up for the eventual Dendro archon. None of the newer characters have seemed like they could replace any of my faves.

My son got Ayato tho, and that seems like it will be Some Good with my go-to co-op team of Zhongli/Hu Tao

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Rust C5 from monthly wishes, which I accept happily. Still kinda working on that machine gun Fischl build here and there.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I'm not convinced that the new artifact domain is worth farming, even if you have both Xiao and Ayato, like I do. Unless you're relatively new, in which case it could be valuable just to build up some 2pc sets for various characters to use.

...but it's an excellent domain for Beidou to annihilate, so.

I'm not convinced that the new artifact domain is worth farming, even if you have both Xiao and Ayato, like I do. Unless you're relatively new, in which case it could be valuable just to build up some 2pc sets for various characters to use.

...but it's an excellent domain for Beidou to annihilate, so.

I'd argue that it doesn't replace Shimenawa/Emblem for that "just farm for 2pc" because of the utility of 4pc Emblem (and 2pc, tbh).

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    If you have high investment, hard to replace artifacts on Xiao and Ayato both, it's absolutely not worth it. The set bonus for the Xiao set is better for him than the Ayato set is for Ayato but Xiao has been out for a while, so the chance is pretty high that he's been farmed for pretty exclusively, what with being a Hypercarry and his pieces that have already been farmed likely are hard to hand off to someone else, too. Like, Jean is probably the best person to hand off any VV pieces from Xiao, since otherwise, your Anemo characters pretty much just want Elemental Mastery and Xiao doesn't.

Ayato's draw being able to utilize a lot of sets really well kinda works both ways in that respect, though. Good pieces on him are good pieces on other people that want those. Good Heart of Depth could go to Tartaglia, maaaybe Xingqiu if you don't have a good Emblem set for him, Mona if she's not running Emblem or a DPS Barbara for the truly wild out there. (Or possibly Yelan, depending on how her kit works out, I haven't looked at much of the leaks about her)

So basically I think it comes down to your Xiao. (The general 'your') If his artifacts re mostly there for set bonus and because they have some decent rolls, I think the new domain is worth it. Otherwise, yeah, it's a pretty easy skip. The Spiral Abyss handing out artifacts from those domains adds another wrinkle to that, too, though it's not like you get that many passively from running the Abyss. Certainly not enough to make a set but while you're waiting for reruns? Absolutely a little more viable.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    Ayato is also a decent person for the gladiator pieces you may have been hoarding for a while.

• NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    You guys have c4 Ambers? I have c1 Kaeya, c0 Amber and c0 Lisa. I don't really use any of them (besides using Amber to blow up electro cube's prisms) so I don't really care, just shows that you can get to almost AR58 and not really get any copies of them. I got the one Kaeya fairly early on so it's been well over a year without seeing any of the starter gang for me.

RNG gonna be weird some times, especially with odds as low as these. I've got C3 Amber and C3 Lisa, despite not having them leveled up above 20. But I only just recently got Kaeya's C1, who I have at 80. Such is life. I also still don't have either Diluc or Jean, somehow. Missing one of the base 5*s is probably common, but missing two after this long strikes me as unlikely.

I got c5 Keqing at my last 50/50. Have c3 Diluc. Got Jean after they were both at c3, and have her at c1or2 now.

No Mona or Qiqi.

How numbers even work.

It would be really nice if the system for the 5* weapon banner was expanded to the rest of the banners. Even a garanteed 4* on the fourth or fifth one would be nice.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    they cant let u guarantee ambers it would break the game balance

obF2Wuw.png
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    they cant let u guarantee ambers Diluc it would break the game balance

FTFY. ;)

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

FTFY. ;)

whats a diluc

obF2Wuw.png
    The test run broke me. Ayato is too cool.

Oh no, now I have to farm more handguards! :bawling:

real queens get 3 crowns

8mp4v5de0re7.png

obF2Wuw.png
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

FTFY. ;)

whats a diluc

A miserable pile of secrets.

steam_sig.png
    McMoogle wrote: »

FTFY. ;)

whats a diluc

A miserable pile of secrets.

oh wait i found him, next to his friend! its a shame hes just a wish character, i have quite a lot of him, imagine if u could use him in gameplay lol

os4m07ip2u76.png

obF2Wuw.png
  • ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    I finished the Chasm, which I enjoyed very much. It's pretty amazing the amount of content this game can release on a regular schedule. While the Abyss lore parts were very good, I was surprised the Chasm quest arc ended with
    Boy there are a lot of things we didn't resolve here. Oh well, maybe we'll figure it out later.

They rolled back Yae's changes so her lightning zaps everyone again. I appreciate that they were trying to do something with targeting and messed up, especially that they were willing to fix it instead of doubling down on it.

Honestly, just make it a chain lightning effect, make everyone happy (and yes, this is obviously a buff, but).

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Turning Electro more-fully into the Hit-Many-Things element would take the sting out of the lack of reaction multipliers, at least. It's already leaning that way as it is!

Also, I picked up an Elegy for Fischl and it is the greatest thing on Eula. A+ support bow.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Shadowfire wrote: »
    They rolled back Yae's changes so her lightning zaps everyone again. I appreciate that they were trying to do something with targeting and messed up, especially that they were willing to fix it instead of doubling down on it.

It was a fix that sounded good if you thought about it for only like, a second. Anything after that and it's like "ohhh, that's a bad idea, actually!" which is kinda hilarious to me. I think the main reason they fixed it was because they risked alienating their whales since the targeting fix they tried completely invalidated half of her C2. (The Range increase was suddenly unnecessary if it only targeted the closest enemy)

Regardless, they better not roll back the targeting and call it good there. She needs some real help because as-is, she's still pretty not great.

Darth_Mogs wrote: »

It was a fix that sounded good if you thought about it for only like, a second. Anything after that and it's like "ohhh, that's a bad idea, actually!" which is kinda hilarious to me. I think the main reason they fixed it was because they risked alienating their whales since the targeting fix they tried completely invalidated half of her C2. (The Range increase was suddenly unnecessary if it only targeted the closest enemy)

Regardless, they better not roll back the targeting and call it good there. She needs some real help because as-is, she's still pretty not great.

I love her. Like.. not as a person, she's kind of a shit. But I really enjoy her playstyle, and linking her up with Mona and Venti has been a ball.

I love her. Like.. not as a person, she's kind of a shit. But I really enjoy her playstyle, and linking her up with Mona and Venti has been a ball.

Oh yeah, I mean, I have her, I run her with Raiden and everything dies and she actually did help out some in Spiral Abyss. She's not bad but she needs something. Either a change to how her burst interacts with her totems (Maybe refreshes them instead of breaks them) or how her totems are placed (Maybe like a hold option to move and drop three at once or something) or just a general bump up in her power.

Of course, my account is a bad example since I've had three different 'main' Electro characters in my teams (Keqing, Raiden and Yae) and not a single real good Electro cup between them. I've had to get by with 'decent' for a looooong time.

I do enjoy how much of a gremlin she is, though.

ur never gonna see the big cups in genshin they reserve that shit for honkai

obF2Wuw.png
  • ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    This Irodori Festival event certainly has an all star cast.

Finished up the new abyss last night. This floor 12 is kinda weird. Basically the entire challenge of it is dealing with the shields of the abyss heralds/lectors, which means that the actual dps requirement is probably lower than it's been in a very long time. I was able to 9-star it with a team of Kaeya/Xingqiu/Qiqi/Chongyun on the second half, which should be telling.

I also made a point to use Ayato on every floor. He's definitely good, and I'm liking him in a bunch of different teams. I can't imagine regretting picking him up, unless Yelan turns out to be completely busted or something.

edited April 2022
    This Irodori Festival event certainly has an all star cast.

I am hoping for Albedo to get into it with Yae or Ayato at some point just to see what 5* verbal warfare looks like in Teyvat, but I think I'll be disappointed.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

Finished up the new abyss last night. This floor 12 is kinda weird. Basically the entire challenge of it is dealing with the shields of the abyss heralds/lectors, which means that the actual dps requirement is probably lower than it's been in a very long time. I was able to 9-star it with a team of Kaeya/Xingqiu/Qiqi/Chongyun on the second half, which should be telling.

I also made a point to use Ayato on every floor. He's definitely good, and I'm liking him in a bunch of different teams. I can't imagine regretting picking him up, unless Yelan turns out to be completely busted or something.

Yeah, honestly, the worst part is the 12-2 with the stupid budget Sunfire Comp of the three Abyss Heralds. Fuck that floor.

Yeah, honestly, the worst part is the 12-2 with the stupid budget Sunfire Comp of the three Abyss Heralds. Fuck that floor.

The trio is definitely an awkward combination. I went the freeze team route since cryo is effective against both the electro and hydro shields, and xingqiu's enough to deal with the pyro shield. Anemo is also good there, since you can just kinda swirl all three of them into each other. I was kinda expecting to have issues there, and then I would just double back with a Venti team, but the Kaeya team surprisingly had less trouble with that floor than 12-3. Maybe just had less breathing room because the first half took longer?

edited April 2022

The trio is definitely an awkward combination. I went the freeze team route since cryo is effective against both the electro and hydro shields, and xingqiu's enough to deal with the pyro shield. Anemo is also good there, since you can just kinda swirl all three of them into each other. I was kinda expecting to have issues there, and then I would just double back with a Venti team, but the Kaeya team surprisingly had less trouble with that floor than 12-3. Maybe just had less breathing room because the first half took longer?

The first chamber is definitely a pain as well because the Whopperflowers just spread out so much and I don't have a good grouper. I keep trying Sucrose but she just doesn't seem to do the job. I try to use Jean's vacuum to throw them close to one another but then they just go underground and pop up somewhere else anyway. So yeah, by the time I get to the second chamber, I have like a minute and a half if I want to three star it, max. My second chamber comp should be fine, damage-wise since I have Ayaka and Shenhe, then Xiangling for the Electro/Hydro and Xingqiu for the Pyro/Electro but I just can't get them down fast enough or I just get murked before I can get there.

Darth_Mogs on

The first chamber is definitely a pain as well because the Whopperflowers just spread out so much and I don't have a good grouper. I keep trying Sucrose but she just doesn't seem to do the job. I try to use Jean's vacuum to throw them close to one another but then they just go underground and pop up somewhere else anyway. So yeah, by the time I get to the second chamber, I have like a minute and a half if I want to three star it, max. My second chamber comp should be fine, damage-wise since I have Ayaka and Shenhe, then Xiangling for the Electro/Hydro and Xingqiu for the Pyro/Electro but I just can't get them down fast enough or I just get murked before I can get there.

Unrelated but I was relieved to see that the Black Serpent Knights could be lifted by Kazuha. Nice of Mihoyo to let them buck the too-heavy trend.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Ugh. They ruined Theater Mechanicus with the version in this event. I can get behind a single big horde, but the limits on what you can build and the upgrades available feel like it's impossible to kill the ruin guards and you must just time the bridges to drop them and such.

Also, I can't figure out what it wants me to do for the photography part of the event.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Ugh. They ruined Theater Mechanicus with the version in this event. I can get behind a single big horde, but the limits on what you can build and the upgrades available feel like it's impossible to kill the ruin guards and you must just time the bridges to drop them and such.

Also, I can't figure out what it wants me to do for the photography part of the event.

You just need to use the photomode (not the Kameras) and take pictures of qualifying objects.

The first photography event wants you to take pictures of Inazuma "plants" you can collect like sakura bloom and naku weed. I think you need to select the camera from the icon on the pause menu to get the photo.

Ah. Photo mode would explain why it wasn't working.

Running an event that requires use of the kamera gadget and an event that requires you to use the photo mode on the menu at the same time strikes me as a mistake. Or, at the very least, it should make more realize how stupid this is.

yeah its weird why doesnt the gadget work its a thonker

obF2Wuw.png
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular

Huh. I actually found Theater Mechanicus easier than last time. Seemed like an improvement since I found it frustrating before. Maybe the pre-placed towers made a difference.

The camera thing is a little wonky. I never understood why there had to be a camera mode in the menu as well as an item. Just one please.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
    in genshin theres 3 fundamental resources society runs on

ore, food and frogs

wars have been fought for control of all 3

obF2Wuw.png
    edited April 2022

Huh. I actually found Theater Mechanicus easier than last time. Seemed like an improvement since I found it frustrating before. Maybe the pre-placed towers made a difference.

I didn't find it easier, but I do agree that I feel like it's an improvement. Before, you could create some really busted setups and then just kinda stand around for a long time until you win. Today, I was forced to be a lot more active, so I enjoyed it a lot more. Not taking as long is a nice bonus, too.

AshtonDragon on