As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Maybe the real [Heroes of the Storm] were the friends we made along the way

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    The other factor is can you cast your abilities and walk away instantly.
    For example Jaina w, she can mount up as soon as the cast is out and be in her way confident the wave is dead. Or Nazeebo with Zombie wall upgrade and a q chucked in.

I've always maintained Jaina is the one-hero wave clear pick for the reason

It's just, hope you weren't planning on team fighting for forever after clearing a wave.

Ehhh blizzard isn't that important for scrapping. You can still E->Q->Q->Q->Q->Q

hmmm... I feel like that'd be noticeably slower, but not sure. Either way though, it's definitely not "cast and walk away," so you STILL LOSE HA

no no I mean you blizzard the wave and then hit the heroes with the e-qs

That makes significantly more sense

Hmph

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Your teammates are going to feed on cooldown
    At least they're efficient, you gotta give them that!

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Played some Naz for the first time in forever after the enemy sniped my Gul’dan as a first pick. I told them I would be double soaking and ended the game just shy of 300 stacks. Thankfully my team wasn’t feeding on cooldown.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    So inefficient...

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Also for Jania I see most streamers W and then E to finish the wave before the third w hits.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    Don't want any of those archer fucks to snipe a kill.

Enemy team drafts no hard CC on a 2-lane map? That's a Q-build Artanis!

For extra lols, our Varian went TB and we both just stuck on our intended targets.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    AA Cass is purdy good. Not as satisfying as lightning in my book, but I'm down for it now.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    So, I got a new laptop a couple months ago, and while I don't play HotS a ton, every time I load it up on it, the audio bounces back and forth between needing to be set to Default or needing to be set to Speakers. Like there's an internal counter of how many times I've opened HotS and if it's odd, it needs to be set to Default, and if it's even, it needs to be set to Speakers. So I can either close the game and re-open it, or change the setting, but the next time I open the game, it needs to be changed to the other again.

Any idea what the fuck is going on with this stupid thing?

ztrEPtD.gif
    You mean running hots changes your Windows audio output channel?

Also, TIL Alarak and Mei go REALLY well together cuz he just pulls people back into blizzard super easy.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    No, literally nothing else is affected in any way, and everything else still plays audio completely fine. HotS and only HotS can't seem to decide whether it wants the audio set to Default or Speakers and switches back and forth every time it starts.

ztrEPtD.gif
    Odd indeed. I'd just reinstall hots at that point. Only takes like 20 minutes.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    AA Cass is purdy good. Not as satisfying as lightning in my book, but I'm down for it now.

AA Cass is really strong and fun when it's applicable, yeah.

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    1st in every category and zero deaths? Don't mind if I do!
    tty64alqf6vk.jpg

Damn, those are some serious QM comps.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Let me tell you about bronze ranked...

MrBody wrote: »

Yo, you don't have to tell me. I live there.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Yo, you don't have to tell me. I live there.
    Oh did you move back home?

edited April 2022
    No Contest Talent Picks: Vol 1

Uther's level 4: Holy Shock

This is just so flexible: ranged damage, more self heal and tanking, little more PvE clear, Q is on a lighter cooldown for use elsewhere. There's no reason at all to pick the other talents. MAYBE Holy Fire if you really want to decloak a stealth hero?? There is absolutely no reason to ever take Pursuit of Justice.

Vol 2

Uther's level 1: Hammer of the Lightbringer

A tad less clear cut, but I stand by it. Silver Touch is just garbage (no immediate benefit, only a mana saving bonus after the quest which still isn't as good as the other talents' immediate mana benefits). I see people taking Wave of Light as part of the Uther tank build, but I think focusing on his W is terrible tanking. If you're the tank, you're up front. If you're up front, you're not going to be getting the full benefit of W hitting as many enemies and allies as possible. His Q works much better for tanking with Holy Shock + Armor of Faith + Blessed Champion + Beacon of Light.

MrBody on
    edited April 2022
    Silver Touch is the easiest quest to complete, but probably the least useful overall. You get more sustain, but you're really not playing Uther for his staying power; he has big burst healing and can prevent a ton of focus damage with armor when he's playing defensively, and on the offense, he has huge pick potential. Both of the other two options at level 1 lean into those strengths (Wave of Light gives him better burst mitigation, and Hammer of the Lightbringer lets him chain stuns forever), which tends to be more useful in my opinion than trying to build to cover a weakness.

milk ducks on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Convection is the obviously best Kael'thas pick.
    giphy.gif

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Now this is weird, if it's accurate

https://heroesprofile.com/Global/Talents/?hero=Uther

It's like all the worst talents are the most popular and with higher win rates.
    Pursuit of Justice is the most popular with highest win rate?
    How the hell does Tyr's Deliverance have the highest win rate?

Tyr's Deliverance win rate isn't the highest if you filter out the trash tiers, but PoJ is a shocker for sure.

Now this is weird, if it's accurate

https://heroesprofile.com/Global/Talents/?hero=Uther

It's like all the worst talents are the most popular and with higher win rates.
    How the hell does Tyr's Deliverance have the highest win rate?

Stats are deceptive. Win rate % is being calculated on games won and lost, but not total games played. Plus, the stats change when you filter by ranks. Low ranking players might choose worse talents because they're more fun, thus driving up/down the stats.

As Uther used to say, "Best not to think about it too much."

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited April 2022
    Today was a good day on Fan's stream.
    ojmpzwoz6xrt.jpg
    o5r8zfssjwqk.jpg

A duck! on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
    No Contest Talent Picks: Vol 3

Mephisto level 1: Malicious Intent

Unyielding Power? I've tried all-in skull builds. It's just underwhelming. If you can constantly land skulls, then you can land big lightning shields and the results are much better. Another quest talent with zero pre-quest benefits and not worth it benefits post-quest.

Furious Spark? Useful, but less so than Malicious in every practical situation. You have to land 9/10 of the shield hits before it's going to significantly outdo the bonus damage from Unyielding Power. 6/10 hits and the bonus damage barely outdoes Malicious on the shield alone, but then falls short once you factor in skull damage. Can get ramped up if you take the way later talent that extends shield duration, but how often you are practically going to be landing all those hits?

And if you're taking Consume Souls ult? Forget about it. Malicious Intent no contest.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Pursuit of Justice improves your escape. That's the only reason I could see taking it, if you're truly worried about survival.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan

All Melee heroes need movement speed to be effective, and Uther in particular has no native movement options. Pursuit of Justice basically his only real talent choice in that scenario.

edited April 2022
    Pursuit of Justice improves your escape. That's the only reason I could see taking it, if you're truly worried about survival.

That's about the only justification, or someone trying to play him like Illidan with pursuit.

But it's still silly. You already get increased survival as part of the incredible package deal that is Holy Fire.

My argument for Pursuit never being worth taking is if you're needing it for escape, something has already gone horribly wrong.
    If you need it for pursuit, things have already gone your way (and Holy Shock lets you finish off runners better anyway).
    If it's the middle of a fight that could still go either way, exactly what advantage is it giving you? You're already in melee range to get the stun off. Are you just running in circles?

On its own, it would be a neat bonus. But it's competing with two of Uther's best pre-16 talents.

MrBody on
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »

All Melee heroes need movement speed to be effective, and Uther in particular has no native movement options. Pursuit of Justice basically his only real talent choice in that scenario.

I definitely hear the general idea, but why does Uther in particular need movement speed? If he's the main tank/engage (?!?) maybe, but if he's just support I mostly think he should be only stunning people he'd be in melee with naturally.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    If I was really trying to read the tea leaves here I'd guess that, at low elo everyone plays like an assassin, so talents that benefit that do well.

At higher rank his talents all have effectively the same WR - so it's really just how well his base kit (which is strong) is being utilized

PSN SeGaTai
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    If it's the middle of a fight that could still go either way, exactly what advantage is it giving you? You're already in melee range to get the stun off. Are you just running in circles?

Maybe you want to microspace around one of the DPS' threat radius, dodge an AoE, bait an ability, or even bait an engage from the tank.

Movespeed lets you do a lot.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    More misadventures of healing in QP
    zz3hmeayaht3.jpg1iiqv4btxck8.jpg5b6nk5hu4gfc.jpgu6ge7mt3kndc.jpg
    I really do not play them as anything other than healing as Anduin is just the really questionable one
    I took a break from healing and played qp as anything but got the same map back to back in which I grabbed the mech and sat in both seats twice
    ur8uqqe5bxv4.jpg
    c945x4a1ig2x.jpg
    In the game with kel thuzad 2 people on each team quick or dc'd and were replaced with bots as I thought when a number of people leave the game just ends?

Brainleech on
    edited April 2022

Maybe you want to microspace around one of the DPS' threat radius, dodge an AoE, bait an ability, or even bait an engage from the tank.

Movespeed lets you do a lot.

Sure. Like I said, it'd be a neat little bonus on its own. But the tier it's competing in leaves it in the dust. Plus it's a little late to be worrying about dancing, dodging, and baiting when you're already in stun range and you've committed the cooldown.

Someone pointed out if your team had left you as the one and only option for initiating and peels. That's maybe the only case I could see for it. But that case is either a major failure of drafting, or some mad genius pro team move.

MrBody on
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    there's 4 other people on their team you have to respond to after you've used your stun on someone, y'know

fight doesn't just end when you press the E button

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    MMMig wrote: »
    Today was a good day on Fan's stream.
    ojmpzwoz6xrt.jpg
    o5r8zfssjwqk.jpg

I'm not sure if the world needs large images of Twitch chat, but if you're gonna do it don't make it like 7 posts tall.

there's 4 other people on their team you have to respond to after you've used your stun on someone, y'know

But it does begin the period when the impact of that bonus movement speed is limited because you're already in the thick of it. Holy Shock and even Holy Fire are going to make a much bigger difference at that point of a team fight.

Other situations outside teamfight:

Pushing- Holy Shock or Fire, obviously
    Merc'ing- Holy Shock or Fire, obviously
    Dueling- Shock/Fire will do a much better job of sustaining or outlasting your opponent
    Poking- Shock
    Self Sustaining- Shock lets you self heal at minor cost while damaging the enemy
    Chasing- Shock usually lets you finish off weakened runners much better
    Running- Shock keeps you alive better (especially with Beacon of Light at 16), except in cases where you're jumped by a group large enough to burst you if they catch you. In that case, you've messed up big time, and that's an awfully specific worst case situation to be giving up the impact of Shock/Fire for.

alright I guess we're doing this

But it does begin the period when the impact of that bonus movement speed is limited because you're already in the thick of it. Holy Shock and even Holy Fire are going to make a much bigger difference at that point of a team fight.

Your position within a fight is extremely important. Movespeed still matters. There's no one "in the thick of it" state, your position vis a vis your tank, their tank, and their DPSs always matters.
    Pushing- Holy Shock or Fire, obviously
    not Uther's job
    Merc'ing- Holy Shock or Fire, obviously
    not Uther's job
    Dueling- Shock/Fire will do a much better job of sustaining or outlasting your opponent
    not Uther's job
    Poking- Shock
    not Uther's job
    Self Sustaining- Shock lets you self heal at minor cost while damaging the enemy
    Sure, if the opponent is focusing you down this does proc the self-heal more. But Pursuit lets you get the tank off you and run out of the enemy DPS' range before you take more damage that needs to get healed back up, so they're both good for that.
    Chasing- Shock usually lets you finish off weakened runners much better
    If they're out of stun range that's not your job, if they're within stun range pursuit lets you set up a bodyblock on them.
    Running- Shock keeps you alive better (especially with Beacon of Light at 16), except in cases where you're jumped by a group large enough to burst you if they catch you. In that case, you've messed up big time, and that's an awfully specific worst case situation to be giving up the impact of Shock/Fire for.
    "Stun someone and then run away quickly" is the best disengage ability you can have, it's the two things you need to do in that situation.

I'm not out here trying to say you should always pick Pursuit 100% of the time or anything, but disregarding it as a terrible talent is mystifying to me because movespeed is such a core mechanic for everyone to do their jobs. And, as Ducks pointed out, extra important for melee champions, even moreso for ones that don't have mobility in their base kit.

Positioning is critical to every hero in every role and movespeed makes you better at it, simple as.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    I think all Uther's talents are 4, although are very dependent on comps. If you're filling more of a Tank role, his E build is better for the extra CC is brings. In a vacuum, Pursuit of Justice might seem weak, but it synergizes with his other talents really well.

That extra mount speed burst is amazing for chasing and escaping. You can also E a Tank, kite around them, and then have another E ready to surprise rush into the backline to set up a Divine Storm.

Again, that's for main tankish situations only. The other talents give him better healing options and wave clear, so they might be more standardized in QM.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page