As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Kingdom Hearts] Melody of Melancholy

1787980818284»

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Sanctuary
    Nirya wrote: »
    So Kingdom Hearts Union X has finally ended. The final story chapter dropped in Japan with the NA version coming soon probably (they rushed through all the story updates to catch global up to the Japanese release), but having seen the translation, it is as buck-wild as can be expected. Here's some of the ridiculous stuff that stood out to me.

Xehanort is the KHUX player-character reincarnated, because of course. The other keyblade users in the data world went to sleep, and their Chirity became the Dream Eater Spirits we see in DDD.

Most of the Union Leaders got out of the data world. Ephemer became the founder of Scala ad Caelum (which was again shown to be built on the ruins of Daybreak Town), Brain potentially ends up there at a later date before the world is destroyed (or much later in the future, who knows), Lauriam and Elrena end up in Enchanted Dominion in different spots (Lauriam surrounded by flowers, Elrena in the rain and lightning) likely using Maleficent as the conduit back to the real world. Ventus ends up in the Keyblade Graveyard with a shadowy figure approaching him. We aren't shown what happened to Skuld but considering Ephemer survived it wouldn't be shocking to see she made it out also.

I put a potentially with Brain because we see Luxu take off his hood and reveal that he had the same face as Brain, so either he can just adjust his face, or he killed Brain and took his place, or something else who knows this series is stupid about actually explaining things.

The traitor stuff with the Forebearers and the Keyblade War were all some bullshit created by the MoM to have 6 of the 13 darknesses inhabit those hearts as something of a prison. Another of the darknesses is contained by the MoM, and 4 of them were shown to be kept in the data world by the player-character. That leaves two more, one of which is likely contained in Ventus as Vanitas, and one likely running around the real world that is the final one to be defeated (likely Xehanort). MoM states that darkness needs a physical form to ultimately be defeated, which makes it seem like his plan is to sacrifice himself and the Forebearers at the hands of some light people (read: Sora).

Having played this myself about a week and change ago, one of my many questions is:
    If the girls formless Darkness takes a physical form is defeated, will it actually die? Or just become formless again? Things have a bad habit of never dying in this series.
    MoM implied that the darkness became formless in response to having members killed by the light, so I’d guess making them have a form again would make them vulnerable.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    It is extremely laughable and very Kingdom Hearts that MoM is an acronym that is doubly relevant to the current world state and annoyingly has the same letters.
    Master of Masters (an extremely important recurring character with unknown whereabouts)
    OR
    Melody of Memory (the most recent game released)

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Guess who was the last Smash DLC character?

https://youtu.be/L-q6Gz_4Yqc

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Simple & Clean
    20th Anniversary Teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tivlrT6TSHA

Main Points:

- Dark Road story (originally slated to be completed by end of September) will be completed this Winter.

- Switch gets Cloud Versions of the HD Remakes and KH 3 w/ RE: Mind

- 20th Anniversary goodies to be released

- More to Come...?

ani_game_bum on
    steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    Simple & Clean
    Interested for the Dark Road content since it's the last new stuff we'll be getting for years probably. Losing the mobile game entirely is going to make the wait between games much worse.

• Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    Updated Switch Cloud Trailer & Info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0CQp7npkeQ
    KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5+2.5, 2.8, III + Re Mind (DLC), and the all-in-one Integrum Masterpiece collection will launch on Switch via cloud streaming on February 10th, 2022. The games are now available for preorder and will cost the following:

HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX: $39.99
    HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue: $49.99
    III + Re Mind (DLC): $49.99
    INTEGRUM MASTERPIECE (includes all of the above): $89.99

Free playable demos are also available starting today.

There is also a Switch-themed Advent Red keyblade available for KH III players.

LSGfN8y.png

I will probably try out one of the demos and see what it's like but I'm already hearing grumbling that cloud KH III is poop.

In other news,

- A 20th Anniversary event will be held in Tokyo on April 10th

- No UX Dark Road finale release date has been set yet

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    Simple & Clean
    They shifted the Dark Road thing to "Winter", which means as late as March would still be a kept promise. In a way, I'm grateful they killed the mobile stuff much earlier so that I wouldn't be anticipating the last drop of content for so long.

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Sanctuary
    I know that was just a tech demo but was still pretty good.

Makes me wonder of we'll actually have a central hub outside of the Disney worlds.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    My reaction to the trailer

ssdgqti693kr.jpg

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    I honestly, after the last game, would love for minimal Disney worlds to visit if they are gonna just hamstring them as bad as they did in 3.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Sanctuary
    Nomura: "I am making Final Fantasy 13 Vs by any means necessary."

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    never die wrote: »
    I honestly, after the last game, would love for minimal Disney worlds to visit if they are gonna just hamstring them as bad as they did in 3.

the reason the games exist at all is because of the disney stuff, irrelevant though they may be to the "main plot"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Simple & Clean
    It's me, the only person excited to see the end of Dark Road, something they delayed from September of last year to August of this one. If it's just going to be a cutscene, that looks MASSIVE. If they're putting a video game portion back to it, I wonder what that will be, the app has been offline for a long time now.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    never die wrote: »

the reason the games exist at all is because of the disney stuff, irrelevant though they may be to the "main plot"

I mean, obviously. Doesn’t change my feelings on how Disney was way too precious with their shit. The Frozen land was a fucking embarrassment, as hilarious as Sora, Donald, and Goofy awkwardly watching Elsa sing was.

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Oh hey
    uwg9va4d7fwe.jpeg

That’s an AT-ST foot

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Idk the Frozen world was real bad but Monsters Inc, Big Hero 6, and Toy Story were all pretty good. Maybe they should just go full Pixar next time.

Also honestly the Hercules world in KH3 was pretty fun, nice that it wasn't just the designated combat challenge rooms world again

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Sanctuary
    I want reaction commands back myself. The attraction stuff was cool but generally too time-consuming and inefficient as you got stronger.

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I want reaction commands back myself. The attraction stuff was cool but generally too time-consuming and inefficient as you got stronger.

Yes but

Have you considered

Hitting something with a large boat that appears from nowhere?

Or perhaps a laser car

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    what if we just went back to BBS

i think that and KH2 had the best gameplay, though Grand Magic and Formchanges really grew on me toward the end of KH3.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Sanctuary
    Lanz wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Yes but

Have you considered

Hitting something with a large boat that appears from nowhere?

Or perhaps a laser car

I haven't but it have done that anyway because I wanted to use whatever triangle is normally bound to.

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Simple & Clean
    New Trailer for Missing Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxOGWd6LoyY

Closed Beta sign-ups are open through the game's website. Only UK and Australia, though.

SE Official Beta Test Overview here.

ani_game_bum on
  • Options
    Simple & Clean
    A GPS game where you don't have to leave the house? Is "don't have to" doing a lot of heavy lifting there, or what?