As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Behold, [Elden Ring]! Don't Give Up Skeleton! (SPOILER WARNING!)

ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever warRegistered User regular
edited February 2023 in Games and Technology
https://youtu.be/T6EcJ6Sv5Ns

A word from President & CEO/Director of FromSoftware, Inc., Hidetaka Miyazaki *
It's astonishing to see just how many people have been playing "Elden Ring."

I'd like to extend our heartfelt thanks on behalf of the entire development team.

"Elden Ring" is based on a mythological story written by George R. R. Martin. We hope players enjoy a high level of freedom when adventuring through its vast world, exploring its many secrets and facing up to its many threats.

Thank you for your continued support.

Platforms:
Microsoft Windows (Steam)
PlayStation 4
PlayStation 5
Xbox One
Xbox Series X/S

Release Date: February 25, 2022

A word from Bandai Namco
"ELDEN RING" was created under the guidance of FromSoftware’s Hidetaka Miyazaki, incorporating the expansive worldview through the eyes of George R. R. Martin, author of the fantasy novel series, "A Song of Ice and Fire," while applying FromSoftware’s expertise in developing pulse pounding, action based titles, and with the game’s vast and explorative world filled with excitement and adventure, customers worldwide have been showering the game with praise for its unprecedented and overwhelming gameplay experience. Simultaneous release of the game in fourteen languages (※3), coupled with the worldwide network tests prior to release, raised expectations to bring about sales of more than 12M units worldwide.

Please look forward to more of "ELDEN RING" as an IP (characters and other intellectual property) in hopes of expanding beyond the realm of games.

- Bandai Namco

INTERVIEW WITH MIYAZAKI
Sam Wilkinson, Bandai Namco: First off, please tell me when and how development for Elden Ring took off.
Hidetaka Miyazaki, Game Director: Development for Elden Ring started just after development for the Dark Souls 3 DLC had ended. At the time, Elden Ring was being planned as a more classic fantasy title compared to others that were either being considered or already in the early stages of development.
We wanted to create a new dark fantasy action RPG full of things that we weren’t able to do in the Dark Souls series.
Wilkinson: What genre do you think Elden Ring will fall under?
Miyazaki: It is a third-person action RPG.
Unlike Sekiro, which has a heavy focus on action, Elden Ring puts more focus on RPG elements.
Of course, we are not shying away from the fun of responsive melee-based combat, and these elements will be present as well.
Wilkinson: Do you believe this title will turn out to be a very From-like and challenging game?
Miyazaki: Yes, I do. The importance we place on the joy the player experiences through overcoming challenges will be the same as it is in our other titles. I believe it will prove to be a very satisfying experience.
Earlier I had said that this title focuses more heavily on RPG elements. This title will include a wide variety of weapons, magic, and ways to engage enemies, that make it possible to provide users with a style of gameplay and strategy that suits them.
Even when compared to the Dark Souls series, I believe this title will provide even more variety in the ways for players to overcome challenges and tweak their tactics when facing enemies.
Wilkinson: Will Elden Ring contain character customization elements like in Dark Souls, or will it be similar to Sekiro in that there is a fixed protagonist that the player controls?
Miyazaki: Yes, it will contain character customization elements.
Similar to the Dark Souls series, Elden Ring allows players to design and control their own unique character. As I said earlier, this title puts a heavy focus on RPG elements, and we thought this approach would best suit that focus.
Wilkinson: Regarding the collaboration with George R. R. Martin, can you further explain how this collaboration came about and in what role it has served throughout the project?
Miyazaki: I suppose the start of this collaboration came from the fact that I myself am I huge fan of Mr. Martin’s work.
I loved “A Song of Ice and Fire” as well as the “Tuf Voyaging” series, however if I had to pick a favorite I would probably say “Fevre Dream.”
I personally see “Fevre Dream” as a masterpiece among vampire fantasy and had even previously recommended it to all new employees.
Me being such a known fan of Mr. Martin caused our executive business director Eiichi Nakajima to reach out to him with the expectation that we would get turned down.
However, we were then given the rare opportunity to talk one-on-one with Mr. Martin which was an incredibly fun and stimulating experience. It was then that I strongly felt that I wanted to work with Mr. Martin.
I am still unable to put into words how grateful I am to Mr. Martin for agreeing to our offer.
The actual collaboration itself begun with Mr. Martin ever so politely confirming what sorts of themes, ideas as well as many game-related aspects I had envisioned for the game.
This allowed us to have many free and creative conversations regarding the game, in which Mr. Martin later used as a base to write the overarching mythos for the game world itself.
This mythos proved to be full of interesting characters and drama along with a plethora of mystical and mysterious elements as well. It was a wonderful source of stimulus for me and the development staff.
Elden Ring’s world was constructed using this mythos and stimulus as a base. Even I myself find it hard to contain my excitement from time to time. We hope that everyone else is looking forward to the world we have created.
Wilkinson: What are some differences when compared to your previous titles (especially Dark Souls)?
Miyazaki: If I were to put aside the world full of fresh stimulus thanks to our collaboration with Mr. Martin, I would have to say the biggest difference is it being open world.
Due to this, the scale of the world and its narrative, as well as the depth and freedom of exploration have increased dramatically. It is without a doubt our biggest title yet in terms of sheer volume.
There are many definitions to the term “open world,” and I might not be phrasing it correctly, but we have simply tried our own approach to a game with a large, open field to play in.
It is a world full of danger and threats, as well as many areas ripe for exploration.
Among those areas, you will also find intricately designed, multi-layered castles and such.
Wilkinson: What is the meaning behind the title?
Miyazaki: Elden Ring is the name given to a mysterious concept that defines the world itself.
As the trailer at the conference implied, this “Elden Ring” has been shattered. The significance of this will be one of the important themes of the game.
That’s about all I can say at this point in time (laughter)
Wilkinson: Will Elden Ring contain the gritty, intense boss fights we’ve all come to love and expect from From?
Miyazaki: Yes, of course. Boss fights are something we enjoy making and make up one of the climaxes to this title as well. We feel there is a wide variety of unique and horrifying bosses for players to look forward to.
Wilkinson: What can you teach us about the character shown in the concept art that was released?
Miyazaki: We chose this character because of his eccentric aspects as well as the way he portrays the darkness that the world and story possess.
While Elden Ring may be a classic dark fantasy title, it is more than just that.
This character also represents one more theme in addition to the previously mentioned eccentricity.
That theme is the will, or ambition of mankind.
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/09/hidetaka-miyazaki-and-george-rr-martin-present-elden-ring/
Multiplayer
The Multiplayer Menu can be accessed from within the Main Menu where you can set a Multiplayer Password and a Group Password. Setting a Multiplayer Password means you can only be matched for most multiplayer features by other people using the same password; However, this does not avoid Invasions nor support some multiplayer (e.g. summoned Hunters who activated a Blue Cipher Ring).

PA Group/Community Password: Wang ('wang' and 'WANG' also used)

CBZDO7r.jpg
z9WpE4v.jpg

@Zavian in this thread with character name and platform to be added to OP Multiplayer List

PS
Dignified Pauper

Xbox

PC
Official Tips/Info
DA7jCZr.jpgEe1hC6o.jpg
EjXKVKq.jpgeTPQ2NK.jpg
Trg64nK.jpg4CQ5Ihu.jpg
hpY17vY.jpgFq9X2Ta.jpg
Technical Info * https://www.fromsoftware.jp/ww/pressrelease_detail.html?tgt=20220316_eldenring_salesdata
4qvspf3rdn9h.png

Echo on

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    Okay, so a Dragon build makes you a Stand User. That's dope.

So you can have an epic Jojo showdown with the game's other stand user
    Godfrey

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    I've been stalled at the very end of my second playthrough for like a week now, I kind of want to finish it up and start another runbut to be honest I'm really not sure what I'd even want to do. I've already done a pretty wide variety of stuff in terms of builds, the only thing left really is like a super tanky shield guy. Or maybe just start a new character and try some kind of challenge run? I'm not sure.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Chance wrote: »
    From games spell out very little.

Yes, they've huffed too many of their own farts and now revel in opacity. They could do with a bit less of that.

Thank you for listening to my hot take.

Then call me a LOATHSOME DUNG EATER because I LOVE THAT SHIT

Heh yeah, they've huffed their own farts into smashing all of their old sales records and creating a game that many now consider to be amongst the greatest of all time.

Inject that opacity into my veins -- it's amazing and makes the world feel a lot more bizarre and interesting. It's clearly not going anywhere after the success they've had with this one.

Fiatil on
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Do torches stagger in the game? Enemies with torches seem to really take down Torrent.

Either that or they just sound awful.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    It's finished.
    e9t203s8tzok.png

Thanks, Tiche. :D

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Do torches stagger in the game? Enemies with torches seem to really take down Torrent.

Not sure but there is a torch that lets you straight up breathe fire on people so I just got back at them that way for a while.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Torches on enemies are this nasty constant hitbox like the Infinite Damage Dogs - rough for melee/torrent.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular

Haven't tried the torches as weapons, but repeated fire attacks seem to interrupt what the enemy is doing, more than inflicting any real stagger.

I was briefly very excited by the promise shown by one of the fire breath incantations when it completely stun-locked a tough enemy, but even with buffs, it was sloooow at moving the health bar and inflicted zero stagger after expending two FP flasks on it.

Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    I'm not the hugest fan of the opacity of the games, but because I always do a combination of finding stuff for myself and then checking a wiki to see what I've missed (except NPC quests because those are arcane and no not the stat), I also tend to amass a ton of items and then I just go read them in chunks to get some sort of a better idea of what's going on with the world.

That of course doesn't help when someone is sending you on murder quests with no background on why the murder, but I can't find anywhere where the murders lock me out of anything so . . . time for blood.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    cj iwakura you should really put that behind a spoiler

edit: thank you

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Haven't tried the torches as weapons, but repeated fire attacks seem to interrupt what the enemy is doing, more than inflicting any real stagger.

I was briefly very excited by the promise shown by one of the fire breath incantations when it completely stun-locked a tough enemy, but even with buffs, it was sloooow at moving the health bar and inflicted zero stagger after expending two FP flasks on it.

The breath spells inflict so many hits when you hold down the trigger that it seems to repeatedly flinch or push back against enemies and slow them down but without breaking poise. This is independent of the actual damage though.

Firebreath tends to be one of the weaker breath spells though with the obvious exception for anything weak to fire. Glintstone breath is the one I've seen recommended for raw damage. The Scarlet Rot and frostbite breathes are obviously useful for inflicting those status effects respectively.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    folks

if you are helping hosts out with malenia
    without having a viable strat for her flurry please just dont

• ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Speaking of, I actively wish I could remove the activation of the summon pool at Gelmir Hero's Grave. Every time I apparate into that place I just look at the host and think "whelp. You're gonna' die to a chariot in the next sixty seconds," and then they do.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    amazing

three sorc builds simultaneously nuking with comet azur after phase transition

host still gets one shot

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Hachface wrote: »
    folks

if you are helping hosts out with malenia
    without having a viable strat for her flurry please just dont

To be fair, sometimes it's impossible and you're in a bad position to react in time.

wVEsyIc.png
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    I just started playing Elden Ring, so don't expect me to actually, you know, LOOK at this thread right away. But I want to share my adventure as it's gone so far. Spoilers for anyone who hasn't played the first couple hours, I guess.
    Elden Ring start! Took me only half an hour to pick my character. I was initially thinking Samurai but ended up with the Church Intelligencia lady, cause Sword + Magic.
    Intro Lore dump. Yeah, I played Dark Souls, I know this is just the Megaman boss select screen.
    Okay, doing some early exploration, seeing if I can figure out how to get to the upper floor of the starting church (nope) or open the barred gate (also nope.)
    Oh hey! A boss! Is this one of the classic you're going supposed to die but could theoretically beat it if you get really luck...
    ...three seconds later, I wake up in a different graveyard. I get on the elevator and immediately get off to check for secrets. No luck, but it's a good habit to maintain.
    Ah, the tutorial dungeon. Still shit at parries, but that Block/R2 attack is pretty nice.
    As demonstrated on the "boss," who I use that exact technique and kill him in one combo. I find the first dangly treasure, but can't find the way to the second yet. But fine, time to start the actual game.
    Oh, hello, weird fire/"grace" NPC. Thanks for giving me the directions to go.
    Hello, horse guy. Are you a regular enemy or a bos...
    ...three seconds later, I decide to take a different route. There seems to be some need stuff on the beach, but working on a way to get there.
    Giant guy with stomp attacks! I missed you dudes. I'm a bit rusty, so it takes two tries.
    Make my way to the beach and immediately run into some of those dumb slimes from Dark Souls 1. I chip damage them to death and move on.
    Oh those skeletons respawn. Time to pick another direction.
    Land octopi aren't much of a threat if I can wear them down and hit their weak spots each time.
    Campfire guy, why couldn't you be cool. The other campfire guy was a merchant!
    Oh, I missed a dungeon entrance? Might as well check it out.
    Oh good, a double boss. At least they don't fight me simultaneously but their mooks are a pain.
    This took me far more tries than it should. I was going to give up and try another route, but I had almost 4000 souls/"runes" stranded in the boss room with no Homeward Bone equivalent yet.
    Fine, I'll go the actual route. Immediately ran into a church with a merchant selling the crafting box and the anvil to buff my weapons/armor. Fine, this was the right route.
    Took down a camp full of knights, then rested in the nearby gracepoint. Oh, this is where the lady who lets me level up has been hiding! And she gave me a horse! I bet the Demi-Human Chiefs would have been a lot easier if I went this way first. On the plus side, I gained like five levels at once.
    Now that I got a horse, I decided to head back to take on the Horse Douche at the start, Horse Douche vs. Horse Douche. He wasn't so tough when I had magic meat armor to ride.
    Then I explored some bit and immediately died. I reclaimed my runes and decided to call it a night.
    Oh, one last funny thing happened. I found the Horse Launch point by the beach and decided to give it a try now that I was mounted. I vaulted 100 feet in the air ... and immediately landed in the water and drowned. I laughed so hard it scared the cat.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Well, wrapped up my platinum trophy tonight after doing just the basic Elden Lord ending in my NG+2.

I still really like the game and could start again (picked up a second Antspur Rapier this run for a potential poison/rot/bleed dual wield combo build) but I don’t have anything else I want to do that I haven’t done yet.

Think I might just hang it up for a while until potential DLC.

Nothing. Matters.
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I found and defeated several completely unrelated bosses

Lake of rot
    found another dragonkin soldier out there and me on my little platforms just trying to find a couple somber 8 stones i finally got tired and looked up the locations of. after that I went back to astel and took some more attempts and strategy changes but finally beat them and carried that through to the end of Ranni's questline - though i have left every other fight on that plateau undone because jod damn. I wanna try out this moon sword but it's heavy

Shaded castle
    hey i found the physical bell bearing hunter. took him down with my wild shield bois pretty easy. just had to roll around to wreck up the tables at the start. having summons makes it way easier than all of his invasions and I don't feel bad about it after all he's put me through (and I assume is still out there in the world to put me through).
    I thought this was gonna be the dreaded malenia fight so i was ready for my death. That may also be in this castle I'm kind of unsure. I feel like i've checked all the place unless there's like "now you've found the secret underground passage" somewhere around there I couldn't find.

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    I found and defeated several completely unrelated bosses

Lake of rot
    found another dragonkin soldier out there and me on my little platforms just trying to find a couple somber 8 stones i finally got tired and looked up the locations of. after that I went back to astel and took some more attempts and strategy changes but finally beat them and carried that through to the end of Ranni's questline - though i have left every other fight on that plateau undone because jod damn. I wanna try out this moon sword but it's heavy

Shaded castle
    hey i found the physical bell bearing hunter. took him down with my wild shield bois pretty easy. just had to roll around to wreck up the tables at the start. having summons makes it way easier than all of his invasions and I don't feel bad about it after all he's put me through (and I assume is still out there in the world to put me through).
    I thought this was gonna be the dreaded malenia fight so i was ready for my death. That may also be in this castle I'm kind of unsure. I feel like i've checked all the place unless there's like "now you've found the secret underground passage" somewhere around there I couldn't find.

You're done with the castle but make sure you check the surrounding area to the west

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    man the game really just lets you have a +2 bloodhound fang before margit

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Whoever the art director is for this game, they need a raise. So many places walking through doors to what is essentially a framed painting. It's just fantastic, and it can be a vista or a fortress or as it was tonight, the Academy.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • danxdanx Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

Yes and it's awesome. After using the weapon art you can jump strong attack to teleport forward doing a strong attack. One of my favs so far.

• bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    i am finding it ridiculously hard to divorce myself from the bloodhound fang on my second playthrough

every other weapon art feels slow and boring. it's just so satisfying to execute

edit: not to mention crazy powerful

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    So, the Longhaft Axe dropped by Misbegotten enemies wielding it (like the ones in Morne Castle) sort of renders all other greataxes meaningless.

Because apparently (I tested because it seemed weird and was able to finish my animation on trades that flinched my other GAs, so it's real) its poise health multiplier is as far above other greataxes as greataxes are above straight swords (45 vs 30 vs 15).

While being like 10 AR behind the three strongest Heavy affinity axes, being tied for longest axe, not particularly heavy, and arguably being the best looking of them.

The only real competition imo is the Executioner's Axe, which is the same length, (slightly) higher AR, has 115 crit for juicier crits after you stagger an enemy, and has slightly better blocking stats when you're 2hing it.

What's sort of weird is that GAs this time around are comparable to greatswords instead of UGS/colossal swords, with similar top end ARs, a (very) slightly slower R1 combo, and the same poise damage and poise health multipliers (except for Longhaft, which has a better poise health multi) as any greatsword. (for comparison, greataxes had higher top end ARs than ultra greatswords in DS3).

Glancing at it, big hammers are just directly superior to both GAs and GSs on paper, with the same damage and attack speed but substantially better poise damage and poise health? Not surprising, in accordance with my 'Miyazaki wants you to look goofy to be strong' theory.

This guy speedran the game in 6min 59secs.
    https://youtu.be/XuUEk6e1LOE

edited April 2022
    Deleted post

Krathoon on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I guess from a technical angle those speedruns are interesting but it's the most tedious thing in the world to watch.

• FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I've had a random zip (that I noticed) happen to me once in 200 hours of playing the game. Doing it on purpose 13 times in 7 minutes (some of them even as 'mega-zips') is pretty crazy. Although I'll admit that an Elden Run speed-run like that has very little to do with the game that you and I play.

steam_sig.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

if you really want to run around the world, you can have a +9 somber weapon before any bosses. it's silly

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I guess from a technical angle those speedruns are interesting but it's the most tedious thing in the world to watch.

Yeah, like the video game player in me is super bored by them. The person in me who does coding and IT security and whatnot is fascinated in how they can break things in half.

I have no idea what's happening at all.

wVEsyIc.png
  • FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Distortion2 himself has said that he's pretty sick of doing those speedruns and he's done with them unless a new glitch is found. He also does challenge runs and it'll be fun to see more of those. I watched a run where he killed all the bosses with his butt - by using the Ground Slam weapon art.

steam_sig.png
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I have no idea what's happening at all.
    1. There's a zip glitch that can be achieved by releasing a guard at the exact right frame. It has something to do with the animation very briefly having your character's vertical location in a slightly wrong place. Release the guard at the perfect frame, and that error will screw up your character's velocity calculations to the point of launching you super far.
    2. One of the towers at the Four Belfries gives you a sneak peek at Crumbling Farum Azula. However, the rest of the area is still there. So they basically cause a loading screen error that causes you to respawn at the "start" of the area you're in. Which, in Farum Azula, happens to be on the track leading to the endgame area instead.
    3. Once they reach the Maliketh battle, they use the zip glitch to kill the boss. Basically, they yeet themself into the void so far that the game starts unloading assets due to you no longer being in the area. One of these assets is the collision detection on the boss arena floor. So the Beast Clergyman falls to his death. Swinging the weapon at the right time during the fall delays the player's death just long enough for the boss to die first. That triggers the transition cutscene and puts the player back in the arena. They then do this again with Maliketh himself.
    4. At Ashen Leyndell, they again zip around to reach the penultimate boss arena. And again, they use the unloading trick to make the boss fall to his death. The tricky thing here is that, for some reason, the Elden Beast is also loaded in when you're fighting Godfrey. So this glitch kills Godfrey's first form, AND the final boss. By maneuvering around to the door to the final room (while Horah Loux is trying to kill them), they get to the final area, with the Shattered Marika statue spawned in to end the game. Amusingly, the final boss's first phase is actually in the room now, invisible and hostile, so they actually don't have much time to hit the statue and bank the ending.

• eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Took a break for a few weeks after getting all achievements but now I'm starting in on NG+. I originally went sword and board with focus on big swords; switching over now to dual wielding big hammers. I spent a couple hours farming souls before I pulled the NG+ trigger just to stock up on a whole bunch of smithing stones, as well as to upgrade a few choice weapons in case I want to change things up.
    I also respecced to pretty much pure str/arc (52/65) and now dual wielding +25 rot hammer and +25 giant stars (both specced to bleed) with bloodhound step for dodging and wearing full bullgoat max protection/poise armor.

I'm a little disappointed with the rot hammer not seeming to proc scarlet rot as much as I hoped; but bleed works really well. With 139 bleed on each weapon, they are probably dying too fast to see the scarlet rot at all; hopefully will show up when I get to some bigger bosses. Once I get a second copy of each weapon, I'll try doubling up (dual rot hammers for more rot and/or dual stars for more self-healing). In any event, I'm probably overleveled for the starter areas because I am just melting these early minibosses. I have to fight my completionist urges, but doing all the Limgrave dungeons is probably a waste of time and I should just push through the first few bosses to get to the harder areas.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular
    eMoander wrote: »
    In any event, I'm probably overleveled for the starter areas because I am just melting these early minibosses.
    That's typically been my experience in NG+ in FromSoft games. In NG+ in Dark Souls, I killed the Taurus Demon with two hits. In NG+ in Sekiro, I breezed through the first third of the game in maybe 2 hours. NG+ is more of a victory lap (at least in the early game) than a major challenge.

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    piprnu40qw3m.png

• danxdanx Registered User regular
    I should probably finish this damn game huh. Got fairly sick in Caelid for reals and needed some irl boluses. Fucking Caelid.

Now if only there was a way to see what summoning pools I activated in my fevered and exhausted state. Caelid why you gotta be like that. :heartbreak:

This discussion has been closed.