As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mobile forums-Something has gone wrong

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    The desktop mode thing is temporary as they sort out some bugs on their end

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Wonder how many people thought everything was down until now they're being forced into desktop mode and finding out

I thought it was site wide most of yesterday and kept googling frantically to see if a wide-scale vanilla issue had been reported until I happened to check the forum on my work phone which had logged out due to time and this worked due to not being logged in.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Wonder how many people thought everything was down until now they're being forced into desktop mode and finding out

I thought it was site wide most of yesterday and kept googling frantically to see if a wide-scale vanilla issue had been reported until I happened to check the forum on my work phone which had logged out due to time and this worked due to not being logged in.

I was the same, but then I thought I might have gotten banned because when I logged back in I saw the error again. Because that's the way my anxiety brain works, of course.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    LostNinja wrote: »

I was the same, but then I thought I might have gotten banned because when I logged back in I saw the error again. Because that's the way my anxiety brain works, of course.

I had this same anxiety today using incognito mode and then getting the error logging in. Hahaha. But on my computer it was fine when I checked today.

PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I was looking on google to see if anyone was having the same issue, and immagine my surprise that this topic popped up...but I couldn't read it, because I was on mobile.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I'm traveling with just my phone. Legit thought the forum crashed and burned hard after the first day.

Hindsight checking the desktop site is super obvious. I've gotten rusty at trouble shooting.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I thought I finally got banned for bitching about the WiiU

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Got to work yesterday, checked my phone ... huh, that's weird.
    And when it kept being down, I wondered if IT had somehow noticed my activity and blocked the site. :o
    (but then I wouldn't see the forum's 500 page, right? just a 404? and it's not like I was using work wifi or anything, so how...?)
    Then I got home, and it loaded up just fine on my desktop, and ????

Commander Zoom on
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I had a real moment where it was like...holy shit, is it all gone?

Is there even a PA Discord? Should probably have a backup for all of us old timers who don't have other communities.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Weirdest thing on mobile is how text size is all over the place.
    ibceylz315j8.png

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I thought I finally got banned for bitching about the WiiU

Thanks for reminding us I'll get that sorted now.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

Is there even a PA Discord? Should probably have a backup for all of us old timers who don't have other communities.

https://discord.gg/cFMBzkxp

@MegaMan001

Unofficial and all that but it works.

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

https://discord.gg/cFMBzkxp

@MegaMan001

Unofficial and all that but it works.

And if you're a Club PA member there's an official Discord as well. (there's a 1$ tier specifically if you just want to back the forums and don't care about the extra PA content and shop discounts that comes with higher tiers) You get a link to it when you sign up. I tried to find it on their Patreon page, but couldn't see it there.

• NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular

I honestly thought it was down. Just because the forums have gone down previously, but usually only for a few minutes. I thought there was a major crash or something. I’m glad to see it working on mobile, in some fashion, now.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Well, i can get in on my phone now but everything is tiny

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Well, i can get in on my phone now but everything is tiny

Mobile users are being forced to the desktop site at the moment

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    The mobile>desktop site workaround option seems to function differently than actually requesting the desktop site on mobile. Using the toggle in Firefox mobile for the desktop site, everything renders as it would on a desktop. Requesting the mobile site and having it provide the desktop workaround gets the strange font size differences and some UI weirdness.

nibXTE7.png
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Im getting this happen on the mobile site and its driving me crazy.

e79eribuwgav.jpg

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Make sure you switch your browser to "Request Desktop Mode".

It looks like their workaround to disable mobile is screwing with the css

not sure if it's part of the issue, but I do the patreon thing to get rid of ads. when I'm signed into my account on my PC, the ads are gone. when I'm signed in and viewing desktop on my phone, the ads still show up

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So are they just not going to fix this

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Yesterday, DJ Eebs said that the Vanilla folks were working on fixing the bugs that caused this. So, hopefully progress is being made.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

We're a small forum on a limited budget, and these issues and fixes can be complicated.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it truly is like pulling teeth trying to use the desktop site on mobile though, I hope vanilla gets around to us soon.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

Presumably you've negotiated for our financial compensation, or at the very least, a nice fruit basket? ;)

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »

Presumably you've negotiated for our financial compensation, or at the very least, a nice fruit basket? ;)

I would not touch any fruit basket that has been in the vicinity of the PA Megacorp.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    SeñorAmor wrote: »

I would not touch any fruit basket that has been in the vicinity of the PA Megacorp.

What about fruit juice? I’m told it’s prepared with love :heart:
    ilmepo61bl52.jpeg

• OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Whoo! Appears to be working again, thanks ya’ll.

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    I was coming to check this thread for updates and it loaded in the mobile page.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Thank everyone that got this fixed!

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Thank you for getting this resolved, appreciate the work on this front!

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Thank you for fixing it. Everything is back to normal on my end!

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Thanks for bearing with us!

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Our long national nightmare is over.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Thank you for fixing mobile! I really appreciate it because desktop sucked on a phone!

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Not gonna lie... It was quite missed in it's absense. I am glad you all are here.

Edit: Hmm. Might be bias, but I swear the mobile forums are faster than they were before. I wonder how long whatever was broken has been affecting things.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Thank you for fixing it!

I'll have a new appreciation for the mobile site for a long time
    It's really a superior way to browse on a phone