As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I made a wallet [chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    sugar isn't bad for you, it's just too abundant

we need to go back to hunter-gatherer societies 🧵 1/?

I call gathering around the sugar cane growing areas. Let me move before we institute this. Otherwise I'm going to be stuck eating deer and horseradish forever.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    anybody who has seen a human being knows that this advice is off from behavior by an order of magnitude. Actual advice starts at like, hey, wait 20 minutes after eating one helping before eating more. Be mindful about hunger vs boredom. Limit yourself to one dessert instead of eating a dessert or multiple desserts after each meal.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    we must become like pandas

slowly trudging from one sugar cane to the next

only barely getting enough nutrients to survive

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    This little girl on the tram is just licking the tram walls while her Mom is busy with her phone. I could not handle having kids.

building immunity indeed

poo
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    anybody who has seen a human being knows that this advice is off from behavior by an order of magnitude. Actual advice starts at like, hey, wait 20 minutes after eating one helping before eating more. Be mindful about hunger vs boredom. Limit yourself to one dessert instead of eating a dessert or multiple desserts after each meal.

Instead of eating an entire pizza, eat one espresso chocolate bean

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    return to monke chanus?

apes together strong

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    This little girl on the tram is just licking the tram walls while her Mom is busy with her phone. I could not handle having kids.

this is why we must censor Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Zavian on
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Chips? New packaging tech will allow designers to more or less focus on designing good individual parts of the CPU then assemble them like tiny Lego to fit customer need without designing a whole new product and associated masks.

Don't need integrated graphics or modem, ok. Need extra cores? Fine.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

tyranny i will not abide

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

Be too stupid to survive as a species?

It's a challenge but I think we're up to it

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    What's your concern SJ? I am not sure I understand.

My A1C numbers are reported as normal, but those numbers translate to an elevated blood glucose measurement. Why would they define the normal non-diabetic range of A1C numbers to include an upper bound of values that calculate out a blood sugar that's diabetic?
    Hmm not sure but 5.4 A1C converts to a still normal average glucose number. What were your exact values?

And was your glucose test fasting or not fasting and also did you actually fast (not trying to gotcha but I've definitely eaten before a fast blood glucose test and had a high result).

5.7 a1c / 117 mg/dl, and I had a whiskey and water at 2000 the evening prior and then had my draw at 0800.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

slowly trudging from one sugar cane to the next

only barely getting enough nutrients to survive

We are there

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    instead of eating a whole pizza, stop when youre not hungry anymore

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through space at warp 0.7

@Donkey Kong will create the new thread
    @jungleroomx is backup

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2022
    @HappylilElf I
    Oh hey @Jacobkosh since you're here I may be in Kansas City for a weekend for musics in July, do you have any BBQ places you'd recommend I check out?

*edit*
    Wait that was an hour and a half ago.

Well, shit :tongue:

@HappylilElf the #1 place I always recommend to out-of-towners is the Jack Stack. It's not the absolute top-tier best-of-the-best barbecue (although it's top 3 easily), but it's by far the best total package. With barbecue, sometimes people are like "[place] is great, but it's only open four hours in the afternoon and you have to drive to the end of Deliverance Ave. and MAGA Place to get there, and they serve the food on paper plates out of a converted wheelbarrow." Jack Stack is the opposite of that. It's got great bbq, but it's also a classy place with leather seats & white tablecloths & etc etc, a big menu with a ton of terrific options and great side dishes, ample drinks options, killer dessert, etc etc. It's the place where if you only have the time or budget to do one bbq joint, it's the one you should do, and I've been there with Chanus, Chu, Bleric, Vee, Ppups, Cass, surrealitycheck, Zampanov, Thomamelas, Nocturne, and several SE++ folks and it's been a big hit every time. I recommend the 2- or three-meat dinner, make one of the meats beef burnt ends, pit beans and/or cheesy corn bake on the side, Chimay Gold to drink, and if you have room, the molten lava cake for dessert. This is the Jacob birthday special.

Next up, Joe's Kansas City. They have a couple locations but I recommend the main one, which is a gas station (like literally a place where you buy gas and cigs) in an old part of Kansas City, KS. They are the paper plate, dude with a broom moustache, etc vibe, but their bbq is out of this world good. Be sure and arrive with plenty of time to spare because there's always always always a line going halfway around the block. Even in shitty weather.

Finally, Gates. Gates is the quintessential Missouri (aka black, basically) bbq place. It's not a gas station with paper plates but it's not a white tablecloth fancy joint, either, it's earth-colored plastic benches and tables from the 60s, fries that come in wax paper bags, a squad of incredibly hard working black ladies in paper hats behind the counter, and the bbq tends to have a sauce that's a bit runnier and spicier (Kansas sauce is thicker and sweeter - although these distinctions are blurring over time, as new places just mix and match both). You go up to the counter and an extremely energetic black lady will scream HI MAY I HELP YOU at 300 decibels and if you don't have your exact order ready to go that instant, too bad, eat shit, she will wave the person in line behind you forward and you'll be standing there with your dick in your hand for 15 minutes. There is no mercy at Gates. What there is, is really delicious brisket and pork on bun with a basket of fries and some pickles.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    aw fuck me lmao

This discussion has been closed.