As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Also, Brann was a huge buff for Freeze Shaman

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Is it the right time to say that 60 packs gave me 7 legendaries?
    Grats!

#PaidActor

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    13-4 with Wild Mech Paladin.

Losses come under on heading: 'Never Saw Radar Detector All Game'

I highly recommend the feeling you get with Coin+RD to start and hitting five minions to start turn 2 with a full hand.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    edited April 2022
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Although there's a "big minions hunter" deck that uses the legendary that adds 3 Colossal minions to the bottom of your deck and the legendary that summons beasts from the deck, gives them rush, and if they kill a minion, repeat. That seems like it could be fun, although I dunno if it can last long enough to make that happen. I have the first legendary but not the second, and I'm wondering if it's worth crafting just to give this a try.

I'm winning a bunch with this deck. Saber and Harpoon Guns are the key. Once you get Saber's dredge minions popping out, board control never lets go. Its awesome.

### Sabertooth
    # Class: Hunter
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    # 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
    # 2x (1) Barbed Nets
    # 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
    # 2x (1) Tracking
    # 1x (2) Furious Howl
    # 2x (2) Selective Breeder
    # 2x (3) Conch's Call
    # 2x (3) Crushclaw Enforcer
    # 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
    # 2x (3) Revive Pet
    # 1x (4) Ambassador Faelin
    # 2x (4) Azsharan Saber
    # 2x (4) Twinbow Terrorcoil
    # 2x (5) Pet Collector
    # 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
    # 1x (7) Hydralodon
    # 2x (7) Mountain Bear
    # 1x (9) King Krush
    #
    AAECAairBAbbkQThnwS/rATlsATnuQSbyQQM6ukDlPwDqZ8E16ME5aQEwKwEnbAEhLIEwLkEg8gEgckEhMkEAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

edit: Some other notes about this deck

Mulligan for Breeder, Harpoon, Saber
    Save Twinbow's ability for Revive Pet
    Devouring Swarm is good early to use Saber and get it back in your hand and also useful late game when you need to hit their stuff with things that come out of the deck from Saber's dredge minion.

ObiFett on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    lady s'theno is flat fucking busted

she does so much damage if you combo her with cheap spells (and she goes face)

e: ok this is really dumb

just ran into three priests in a row who went switcheroo into twin fin fin twin swapped stats with a 12/12 (deathwing i assume, must be the only two minions in the deck)

didn't take long for someone to find a busted interaction with that card

(this develops 2 12/12 onto the board turn 3 with the coin)

Beasteh on
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I haven't played any Wild yet, but my understanding is that there's a Switcheroo combo with Stonetusk Boar and The Darkness that is really popular right now.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    edited April 2022
    ugh are you telling me that would make a 20/20 boar

PS Pirates

I am having fun with this deck

ctrl warriors think they have you on the ropes then you shadowstep hooktusk twice and steal 10 cards out of their deck

### Pirate
    # Class: Rogue
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    # 2x (0) Preparation
    # 2x (0) Shadowstep
    # 2x (1) Buccaneer
    # 2x (1) Filletfighter
    # 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
    # 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
    # 2x (2) Wicked Stab (Rank 1)
    # 2x (3) Cutlass Courier
    # 2x (3) Pufferfist
    # 2x (3) Shroud of Concealment
    # 2x (3) Swordfish
    # 2x (5) Azsharan Vessel
    # 2x (5) Bootstrap Sunkeneer
    # 1x (6) Crabatoa
    # 1x (6) Mr. Smite
    # 1x (8) Pirate Admiral Hooktusk
    # 1x (8) Shadowcrafter Scabbs
    #
    AAECAd75AwS/gAT7igSvtgTYtgQNqusD/u4D9p8E958EirAEr7MEt7MEoLYEssEEiskE/dMEmNsEmtsEAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Beasteh on
    It does, and then you either turn it into a 40/40 Boar or throw out a Mind Blast or two.

• RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Hearthstone has pulled back from spell slinging solitaire into "constantly discover random cards at no opportunity cost whatsoever" again.
    Glad to see no lessons have been learned, they're at least consistent at that.

I am upset at how easily mech mage can shit out generated mechs until they outvalue even the most hardcore greedy control decks

Hearthstone has pulled back from spell slinging solitaire into "constantly discover random cards at no opportunity cost whatsoever" again.
    Glad to see no lessons have been learned, they're at least consistent at that.

Hey, at least it requires interaction on board. I havent had this much minion combat in Standard in a long time.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    they've moved back to on-board interaction which is good, but the synergistic tribes are REALLY synergistic right now

liEt3nH.png
    I've seen a priest deck that does nothing but play, silence, and copy the 7/7 shellfish, then once a bunch have died plays xyrella hero to mill your opponent to death

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    I've seen a priest deck that does nothing but play, silence, and copy the 7/7 shellfish, then once a bunch have died plays xyrella hero to mill your opponent to death

Unable to hold more cards? You're the victim of A Clam Jam.

edited April 2022
    I was listening to twitch streamers talk about making 0-10 Switcheroo decks not long after it was revealed. I'd be curious about the consistency. If you draw your 10 drop I would think the deck just completely crumbles.

forty on
    forty wrote: »
    I was listening to twitch streamers talk about making 0-10 Switcheroo decks not long after it was revealed. I'd be curious about the consistency. If you draw your 10 drop I would think the deck just completely crumbles.

The rest of the deck is just removal draw healing and deathrattle generation with amulet of undying

You can probably wrangle an alternative wincon out of it

Ramp Druid looks insane with its new cards. You go to 10+ mana in no time flat and get tons of huge bodies with Miracle Growth and Naga Giant (which will net you extra copies with Oracle of Elune, too). Tons of card draw, and if you deck yourself you just Kaz up a new one with overpowered effects again.

Oracle of Elune + Ivus is such a simple but ridiculous interaction.

Wow, they actually released a new expansion deck recipe Tavern Brawl when the expansion hit, instead of weeks later.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    my very first freebie pack had nellie

maybe i'll just craft whatever i'm missing from quest warrior and play it like some kinda degenerate

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    So why did they decide to make quest warrior even better

It's tier 1 at top legend now

I got the Warlock legendary and I'm curious to use it but I haven't seen anyone using curses yet. How do these new curses work with only 4 cards that give curses to your opponent?

edited April 2022
    I mean Curse warlock isn't too good right now, but with cards like Brann, Tamsin, and Zola it's possible to get extra curses generated beyond the 7 you can include in your deck. In theory, 8 curses is a guaranteed 36 damage minimum.

Mostly the problem I think is the Warlock surviving long enough to get to that point.

forty on
    edited April 2022
    Weird interactions I've discovered the past two days:

Macaw will not get an artifact if copying Azshara's battlecry. Even if Macaw was in your hand when cast three spells.
    Bolner also doesnt work to copy Azshara. Again, even if he was in your hand when you cast three spells.

Brann with Felsoul Jailer (battlecry discard a minion in your opponents hand, deathrattle return it) has a weird interaction. I played it (with a Brann on board) to stall a Hunter's Tavish. It discarded the Tavish and then nothing else because they didnt have any other minions in hand. So they spent their removal to kill the Jailer, but the Tavish wasn't returned to their hand. It was just ... gone.

ObiFett on
    In an effort to finish the Honor track, I have been testing out Fire Warrior which is basically "Play Fires of Zin-Azshari with Vanndar in hand"

As you would expect by reading that, there doesn't seem to be a consistent way to tutor any of the pieces.

But, also as expected, opening with both and getting a deck of 5+ minions for 2 mana apiece is fun stuff.

kind of wish i had held off on crafting decks because it seems the clear winners of the early meta are quest hunter, ramp druid and quest warrior

edited April 2022
    I always hold off crafting early on (unless I'm like, say, one or two epics short of a full deck) and just play whatever junk I can throw together to complete quests until things settle a bit. I'm fine experiencing all the new flavors of the month vicariously through Twitch/Youtube.

forty on
    edited April 2022
    i am considering running a single silence starfish in every single deck and hard mulliganing it vs priest JUST for this fucking dumb as hell 2x 12/12 rush on turn 3 idiocy which should have been stamped out in playtesting before it EVER hit live

this is the worst kind of degeneracy

Beasteh on
    edited April 2022
    I was looking for the new silence everything minion in my collection for a deck yesterday and couldn't find it, and I knew I didn't just hallucinate that it existed during reveal season. So I went to look it up and realized it's an epic and that I didn't unpack any. :/

forty on
    i am considering running a single silence starfish in every single deck and hard mulliganing it vs priest JUST for this fucking dumb as hell 2x 12/12 rush on turn 3 idiocy which should have been stamped out in playtesting before it EVER hit live

this is the worst kind of degeneracy

I have had two Priests straight up bail after the mulligans and first Dredge don't find the spell.

I'm enjoying all the winning that Pirate Warrior does, but man this deck requires actually 0 decision making of any kind.

As the original Warrior Questline loyalist, I feel like I should be the only one allowed to play Pirate Warrior when it's good.

Between pirates and various control shells it looks like Warrior has taken over ladder almost entirely tbh
    So now you also get to play the fun mulligan game of "is it aggro or is it control" and have the wrong cards for the wrong game, too

All I run into right now is silence mill priest or switcheroo win on turn 3 priest

What's switcheroo on turn 3 Priest?

only plays 2 minions in the entire deck, 1 copy of twin fin fin twin and deathwing the destroyer

hard mull for switcheroo, coin it on 2, play 2 12/12 with rush on 3, win

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Winning the brawl this week with UNITY PRECISION PERFECTION off of a discover made me very, very happy.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    I can't wait for Lightforged Cariel to rotate. I don't think I've ever felt as frustrated with a "game-extender" mechanic as I have with this one. Not even Reno at his height, I don't think.

EDIT: Wow, cool, two games in a row, ha ha ha, this is fun, I am having fun.

Delduwath on
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I can't wait for Lightforged Cariel to rotate. I don't think I've ever felt as frustrated with a "game-extender" mechanic as I have with this one. Not even Reno at his height, I don't think.

EDIT: Wow, cool, two games in a row, ha ha ha, this is fun, I am having fun.

Just run two of the weapon destroyers that you can cycle?

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!