As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Geth dice roll results on Mobile

BursarBursar Hee Noooo!PDX areaRegistered User regular
Since we just had the mobile version of the forum come back (thank you, if there was more involved than waiting for Vanilla to fix something), it struck me that the result of a dice roll is very difficult to read when using the mobile display.

This is because the result is shown in a light gray box, and on mobile text is white instead of black.

Example:
On desktop mode:
yt78zawac0rk.png

Same post, on mobile:
agemal520e97.png

Is there anything that can be done here about making this box slightly darker to account for white text?

Thanks!

GNU Terry Pratchett
PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
egc6gp2emz1v.png
Bursar on

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yeah this is always a bit annoying(was an issue before the mobile forums not loading problem, it's not related to that)

BahamutZERO.gif
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Oh, yeah. It was always like this, but I must have just been too used to it to speak up.

Having the problem go away briefly to come back now made me wonder if anyone's tried asking about it.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    This feature was sort of a hack and I don't think anyone involved with it is around anymore.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    The reason it's different is because the Desktop version pulls from "custom.css"
    .Item .DiceRoll .Expr .Roll {
    border: 1px solid #a8a8a8;
    border-radius: 4px;
    background: #f1f1f1;
    box-shadow: inset 0 -1px 4px #d6d6d6;
    color: #252525;

Where the mobile version pulls from "diceroll.css"
    .Item .DiceRoll .Expr .Roll {
    border: 1px solid #ddd;
    border-radius: 3px;
    padding: 3px 5px;
    background: #eee;
    display: inline;
    display: inline-block;
    margin-right: 8px;
    }

If the mobile "background" line was removed, it'd show it as just the blue background which would be easier to read
    mcvdqovbqqry.png

Or, you could change it to another color to have a background also, that isn't #eee.

I didn't dig enough to see if adding the custom.css file to the mobile view would screw it up.