As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

If it's blue, it must be MEGA MAN(-esque)!

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I've been playing a lot of 30XX recently, and I gotta say, Watergrav and Experiment 9 are a lot harder than any other zone no matter how far into the run you do them.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Just classic MM characters? Quint, Auto, the powered up Megaman from his MvC super combo, Ruby Spears MM...

I can definitely get on board with RS Mega Man. Bring in Captain N Mega Man, too, while you're at it!
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    There are like a million robot masters and Mavericks in the franchise but theres only one playable so far for some reason.

Unleash the Bubble Crab.

I mean, there are others, just not the beastly 8 Stage Boss types.

Anyway, I think they just mean Classic.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Just classic MM characters? Quint, Auto, the powered up Megaman from his MvC super combo, Ruby Spears MM...

I can definitely get on board with RS Mega Man. Bring in Captain N Mega Man, too, while you're at it!
    There are like a million robot masters and Mavericks in the franchise but theres only one playable so far for some reason.

Unleash the Bubble Crab.

I mean, there are others, just not the beastly 8 Stage Boss types.

Anyway, I think they just mean Classic.
    Yeah, its pretty much just the others.

Magma Dragoon is the only one in the game at present from either original or X series.

I mean, I'm not really bothered by it, the game is only two years old. But still was surprised to find out theres such low representation from the core bosses.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

I would argue with this list, but that won't bring back my childhood.

edited April 2022
    Iris-Another is an A+ redesign.

Would LOVE to see Dive do more mash ups like that.

(apparently the idea behind it was to combine Iris and The Colonel)

Dr. Chaos on
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Any list that doesn't have MM2 as either #1 or #2 is just scientifically inaccurate.

steam_sig.png
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Isn't that site like The Onion for nerds? I assume the list is a joke.

• homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    I kinda wanted to see them add Dr. Light to DiVE with the Hadoken and Shoryuken as his attacks for an April Fools day joke or something, but then they actually added Ryu (and Chun-Li and Akuma) as part of a Street Fighter V promo. So now instead I'd like to see them add Wily, Cossack, or Kalinka to the game with skills based on their only other playable appearance: Rockboard, the real estate tycoon board game on the Famicom.

Dirty wrote: »

Definitely read the actual article, not just the headline. Hard Drive is funnier than the actual Onion at this point.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »

Definitely read the actual article, not just the headline. Hard Drive is funnier than the actual Onion at this point.

You can't blame The Onion for that though.
    They tried to keep satirizing reality, but reality just kept pushing things further.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2022

*looks up character on MMKB*
    Every
    0ssqjpytydrs.jpg
    Single
    ew0cj0de89v0.jpg
    Iteration
    0w32y1whvtmq.png
    of this design is rad as fuck.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited April 2022
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

*looks up character on MMKB*
    Every
    0ssqjpytydrs.jpg
    Single
    ew0cj0de89v0.jpg
    Iteration
    0w32y1whvtmq.png
    of this design is rad as fuck.

Oh, she's a favorite of mine, for sure.

And, for what it's worth, is canon... kinda/sorta. Colonel and Iris were supposed to be one Reploid originally, but they couldn't really get his "perfect soldier" and her "peace lover" sides to work together, so they just split the difference -- literally -- and made two Reploids instead.

Iris -another- is basically "what if that idea worked after all?"

So yeah, more hypothetical what-if characters like that would be welcome. Especially compared to RiCO's annoyingly extended family.

Mind, I love RiCO. It's just with every new addition there that I deflate a little, especially with the thought we could be getting more "Iris -another-s" instead.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

Quint was the craziest ass boss, holy crap. "In the future Dr. Wily somehow re-programmed Megaman to be evil and sent him back in time and also he has a pogo stick for reasons"

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Quint was the craziest ass boss, holy crap. "In the future Dr. Wily somehow re-programmed Megaman to be evil and sent him back in time and also he has a pogo stick for reasons"

Oh, don't forget it was NEVER explained in game.

Auto definitely gets my vote.

Mega Man's fun uncle.

So, a little Mega Man fun planned for tonight, if anyone is interested.

We were going to run the latest Mega Man X DiVE Easter event, as the tweet says, but unfortunately, it looks like the laptop we use for streaming can't handle that AND running the game at the same time, so we'll have to put a pin in DiVE and come back to it some other time.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    @LBD_Nytetrayn when will this be?

Edit: Nevermind, the tweet wasn't loading for me when I made this post.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    A peeve I had about DiVE that I've neglected to mention the other times it's been brought up in this thread: random dodge/block chance has no business being in an action platformer.

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I used the newly-granted Assist Mode to beat Luminous Avenger iX 2's Hard Mode and see the true ending, and honestly I have no regrets. I'm as "git gud" as they come without being actively malicious and that game's Hard Mode is preposterously designed. Every conceivable comfort has been removed from the player; you can no longer level up to increase your health, you can no longer purchase upgrades to improve the usability of your character, bosses have attacks you've never seen before, with a different set of weapon weaknesses, you can't use the Healing skill at all, your Kudos empty out on taking damage (making achieving the Overdrive state a near-impossibility) and you're given a traditional life-count restriction, resetting to the start of the stage on depletion. Any of these alone would qualify as a "hard mode" (Healing, especially, neednt be removed but could be balanced with a sensible cooldown), but in combination I'm not sure who this is actually for.

Hilariously, if you do manage to lose all 200 extra lives Assist Mode gives you, it refills to 3 on the next attempt. Infinite Healing is more than sufficient to keep you alive in any boss fight without a pit, though.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    Sorry I missed it.

camo_sig2-400.png
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Sorry I missed it.

No worries, I gotcha covered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSa4COOteR8

Thanks for trying, though! As it turns out, while we were never going to EVO for anything ever, we were just hilariously bad at this one. I think I might need to practice Infinite before going in blind when we get to that, but that might be a bit -- hoping to do some other MM titles in the interim. I've got every Legacy Collection and then some, so there's plenty to do. =)

Two things:

1) A day worth celebrating:

2) Don't be fooled, as this clowning on Sonic Origins' Ubisoft-esque tier chart got some people going:

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I've been playing a lot of 30XX recently, and I gotta say, Watergrav and Experiment 9 are a lot harder than any other zone no matter how far into the run you do them.

watergrav is pretty nutters, true. I guess you could say it's a lot harder than the other stages because your ingrained heuristics about movement and enemy attacks

:sunglasses:

get completely upended

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Took me a bit to realize it's tagged for Mega Man because the gameplay is derived from the Battle Network games. I forgot they were a kind of action RPG.

camo_sig2-400.png
    That kind of thing is a tough sell for me. I really enjoyed Battle Network, but at the same time, I have a hard time imagining myself going back to it.

I mean, I absolutely will if we get a BN Legacy Collection, but I think I just like the series overall more because it's Mega Man. If it didn't have that, I don't know that I'd have played nearly as much of it.

So I'm thrilled that if Capcom's not making that style of game any more, other people are, but at the same time, it's not a draw for me personally.

edited April 2022

What say you?

Seriously though, if that hair obeyed physics and ever fell limp, it's easily dragging on the ground.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    He looks like Diet Zero. Nearly all of his core defining characteristics are gone and what definition he does have is lifted from Zero's design. He may as well not even be the same character.

edited April 2022
    Yeah, like he is cool, but he's not Blues.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    I like him. Different hero for a different world and all of that.

In other news... hoo-boy.

Comments are saying this has Resident Evil influence all over it.

Anyway, if that's not your bag, maybe this is (if you can import):

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Oh man, that's a slick piece of megaman apparel.

steam_sig.png
    edited April 2022
    The dumb fin on Protoman EXE's head has always been a non starter for me.

Dr. Chaos on
    After FAR more effort than I can believe was even remotely necessary, I finally have all three Legends games on my PS3.

To celebrate, have toy news.

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5B279Lg_8E

I really hope my local hobby stores get a few of these.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited April 2022
    LBD_Nytetrayn on