As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    cruising with this one, just pummeled a Reno pally who played him and got their faced smashed back down to 5 the next turn

### Token
    # Class: Demon Hunter
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    # 2x (1) Battlefiend
    # 2x (1) Dreadprison Glaive
    # 2x (1) Feast of Souls
    # 2x (1) Multi-Strike
    # 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
    # 2x (1) Wings of Hate (Rank 1)
    # 2x (2) Battleworn Vanguard
    # 2x (2) Sigil of Summoning
    # 2x (3) Coordinated Strike
    # 2x (3) Flag Runner
    # 2x (3) Pufferfist
    # 2x (3) Wrathscale Naga
    # 1x (4) Drek'Thar
    # 2x (4) Flanking Maneuver
    # 2x (5) Bone Glaive
    # 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
    #
    AAECAaerBAK7igSHiwQOoO4DhI0ErpIE+JQEgJ8EyZ8E0p8E1p8Ex6wEirAEjrAEiLIEtbMEk6QFAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Just came across Wild Deathrattle Rogue (not a new deck; it's from last expansion), it can brick hard but man is it hilarious when it pops off.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Uhm blizzard? You're new silence package is a bit too strong i think.

Camel and Trogg are perfect early game cards if you whiff on the big bois or lack an early silence. but really you have so much silence you can often use it offensively if needed. 2 condemns and a holy nova for the token matchups.

There's often double value from the Call of the Grave (This card is busted yo). And to top it off some nice extra reach with double void shards, Defias leapers (we run 6 shadow spells so a good chance to proc the 2 dmg battlecry) and a battlemaster.

10-1 so far:

### SILENCE!
    # Class: Priest
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    # 2x (1) Call of the Grave
    # 2x (1) Helmet Hermit
    # 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
    # 2x (1) Whispers of the Deep
    # 2x (2) Condemn (Rank 1)
    # 2x (2) Defias Leper
    # 2x (2) Soothsayer's Caravan
    # 2x (3) Humongous Razorleaf
    # 2x (3) Package Runner
    # 1x (3) Smothering Starfish
    # 1x (3) Stormpike Aid Station
    # 2x (4) Azsharan Ritual
    # 1x (4) Holy Nova
    # 2x (4) Royal Librarian
    # 2x (4) Selfish Shellfish
    # 2x (4) Void Shard
    # 1x (6) Battleground Battlemaster
    #
    AAECAafDAwTH+QOEnwSNtQTztgQNnOsDnusDhvcDiPcDwfkDyvkDjYEE4KAE4aQEo7YEuLYEx8AEvtwEAA==
    #

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    edited April 2022
    the 2-5 curve is ridiculous in this deck

edit: Druids are kind of an issue though.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I started playing Ramp Druid and have yet to lose. It's stupid how strong it is. It just bodies Mech Mage and Pirate Warrior. And it wins v Control.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I've been having fun with the Selfish Priest.

It's basically a pile of removal plus a package with Selfish Shellfish and silence effects. You try to smack their face with 7/7s, but if all else fails you just play your hero card and mill the ever loving heck out of them as about a dozen "draw two" effects trigger.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I started playing Ramp Druid and have yet to lose. It's stupid how strong it is. It just bodies Mech Mage and Pirate Warrior. And it wins v Control.

Hasn't been my experience at all, frankly. Ramp Druid is strong because it *can* win with good draws, but it's a far cry from "bodying" the mech decks and particularly Pirate Warrior (which has insane burst out of hand with Smite). Maybe your list is slightly teched better against them, though, as there are several flex slots in the deck.

Meanwhile I'm here wishing they'd hotfix a nerf for Switcheroo 12/12 rush combo already. I've lost to that nonsense half a dozen times today alone because my opponents never whiff a play apparently.

Shadowhope wrote: »
    I've been having fun with the Selfish Priest.

It's basically a pile of removal plus a package with Selfish Shellfish and silence effects. You try to smack their face with 7/7s, but if all else fails you just play your hero card and mill the ever loving heck out of them as about a dozen "draw two" effects trigger.

The big brain play is to have a bunch of discounts and play brann + xyrella hero to double mill and kill with fatigue

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Hasn't been my experience at all, frankly. Ramp Druid is strong because it *can* win with good draws, but it's a far cry from "bodying" the mech decks and particularly Pirate Warrior (which has insane burst out of hand with Smite). Maybe your list is slightly teched better against them, though, as there are several flex slots in the deck.

Meanwhile I'm here wishing they'd hotfix a nerf for Switcheroo 12/12 rush combo already. I've lost to that nonsense half a dozen times today alone because my opponents never whiff a play apparently.

I can post the deck list I'm using later. Key anti-aggro/midrange tools are double copies of the 1 mana 4/4 dormant rush minion, wrath, the 1 mana spell that gives armor equal to the attack of a friendly minion, 7 mana draw 3 create a taunt of your hand size , and the one that gives a board of 2/1 rush dragons. With all the ways to selectively draw from the deck, those tools are easily playable early and then by mid-late game it's over.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    VS did their first podcast for the set, I took some notes on their opinions:
    Quest Warrior
    Nellie 2nd best card after Mr. Smite
    60% winrate at low levels of play, in the 50s at higher levels
    Deck was solved before release, will likely weaken as other decks refine further
    Deck still has 0 skill cap like previous patches, will likely stabilize at tier 2 at high levels of play but will need nerfs for lower levels of play
    Assuming they won't hit Smite or Nellie, recommend nerfs to Pufferfist or Defias Cannoneer

Control Warrior
    Kazakusan is the optimal win condition
    Loses to Ramp Druid and Quest Warrior which is backbreaking in current meta

Mech Mage
    Like the other tribal decks, much stronger at lower levels than higher levels
    Fireball build better than the Dungeoneer build, just hard mulligan for Mecha Shark and Seafloor Gateway
    Should not be running Trogg, weak in the deck and weak into tribal decks

Naga Mage
    Extremely high skill cap, sub 40% winrate at Gold, 50% at high Legend
    Sequencing when going off is very difficult
    Refinement will take a long time
    Heavily favored into Quest Warrior
    Struggles into control due to a lack of value, damage from hand, and leaving itself open to board clears and freezes

Reno
    Reno himself isn't enough of a payoff to make singleton worth it
    Paladin is the best Reno list, but it's still incredibly bad

Ramp Druid
    Run double Druid of the Reef and Oracle, cut Wraths
    Having Kazakusan as a value reload once control has handled the majority of your threats makes control matchups highly favored
    May warrant a Kazakusan nerf to enourage looking at other control closers with heavier investment
    Has enough lifegain and creature based removal like Kelp Keeper and Scales of Onyxia that most aggressive strategies are not consistent counters

Pirate Rogue
    T2ish
    Above average, but can be a little clunky, and is weaker than just playing Quest Warrior

Switcheroo Priest
    Priest is full of garbage decks, including this one
    Deathwing Twin Fin is very all in, can beat decks with no answers but struggles a lot against freezes and hard removal
    Wild version with Boar and Darkness looks very strong though, may get Switcheroo nerfed on its own

Mill Priest
    This is probably the best Priest deck but it's just okay
    Notably beats Ramp Druid because it can hard clear giant boards and then mill out Kazakusan

Face Hunter
    T2ish
    Best counter to Ramp Druid

Quest Hunter
    T2ish
    Which package is optimal is unclear; Drek'thar vs Multicaster, Naga build is the weakest
    Barbed Nets gives 1 trigger at 0/2, but 2 triggers at 1/2, probably a bug but should be kept in mind while playing

Mech Paladin
    Probably weaker than Mech Mage

Control Paladin
    T3ish, needs a lot of refinement
    Acolyte of Pain is a little awkward

Curse Warlock
    Class is dead
    Curses are absolute trash

Mill Warlock
    Even worse than Curse Warlock

Burn Shaman
    Decent into Druid, freeze board repeatedly then nuke with Bioluminescence
    Glugg is good
    Coral Keeper was overrated

Fel Demon Hunter
    Bad, loses to Ramp Druid because you can't Kurtrus through Oracle + Ivus

Aggro DH
    Drek'thar build looks very good. Needs some package experimentation with tokens to find the optimal list, potentially T1 with some refinement work

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    Pufferfist + Plague Scientist is crazy.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022

Wouldn't switcheroo just autolose to anything running cheap silences or hard removal? Bladestorm, hysteria. Showstopper + minion damage

Though I haven't checked if any of these are standard anymore actually

Phyphor on
    edited April 2022
    ramp druid has evolved

### Ramp
    # Class: Druid
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    # 2x (0) Aquatic Form
    # 2x (0) Innervate
    # 2x (1) Dozing Kelpkeeper
    # 2x (1) Druid of the Reef
    # 2x (1) Earthen Scales
    # 1x (1) Ivus, the Forest Lord
    # 1x (2) Jerry Rig Carpenter
    # 2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
    # 2x (3) Oracle of Elune
    # 2x (3) Wild Growth
    # 2x (5) Nourish
    # 1x (5) Queen Azshara
    # 1x (5) Wildheart Guff
    # 2x (7) Miracle Growth
    # 2x (7) Scale of Onyxia
    # 1x (8) Kazakusan
    # 1x (10) Raid Boss Onyxia
    # 2x (20) Naga Giant
    #
    AAECAc6LBQawgASJiwTxpASlrQSEsATbuQQMyfUDrIAEr4AEiZ8Erp8E2p8Ez6wEjbIE/70E8L8ErsAE2qEFAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

yeet the wraths and a jerry rig to get queen azshara and a couple of druid of the reef, you now run double oracle of elune because uhhh hello (oracle + the 1 mana colossal from queen az is hilarious)

Beasteh on
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »

Wouldn't switcheroo just autolose to anything running cheap silences or hard removal? Bladestorm, hysteria. Showstopper + minion damage

Though I haven't checked if any of these are standard anymore actually

None of those are standard anymore. Youre basically looking at Smothering Starfish (battlecry: silence all other minions) at 3 mana, the priest 1 mana tradable silence, and freeze effects.

Starfish is actually pretty good, but its still a HS tech card, ie something you have to draw before/on turn 3 and a near-dead card otherwise

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    As per my normal policy, I've dusted every non-standard card in my collection (outside of a small handful of fun toys for tavern brawls) and am back up to 50k+ dust. Feels good.

edited April 2022
    Made it my mission to hit legend tonight, final boss was switcheroo cheese priest who drew a minion and ragequit

cCwIvyA.png

Had an 80% WR vs pirate warrior which was like 70% of the field, this deck absolutely destroys them as long as you aren't too greedy (use Ivus early to stabilize)

Amusingly, I had a 0% winrate vs priest aside from that one guy

Beasteh on
    Finished mine as well just now with Aggro DH, 14-5.

Up1BkqX.png

AAECAea5AwS7igSHiwTtsQT7vwQNhI0Etp8EyZ8E0p8EtKAE4aQEirAEjrAEiLIEtbMEmLoE+b8EntQEAA==

It's quite good, but it also feels mega clunky and there's definitely some cards that should be replaced (like Trogg).

edited April 2022
    Ramp Druid (Damp Druid?) to EZ Legend.

2x (0) Aquatic Form
    2x (0) Innervate
    2x (1) Dozing Kelpkeeper
    2x (1) Earthen Scales
    1x (1) Ivus, the Forest Lord
    2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
    2x (2) Wrath
    2x (3) Oracle of Elune
    1x (3) Smothering Starfish
    2x (3) Wild Growth
    2x (5) Nourish
    1x (5) Queen Azshara
    1x (5) Wildheart Guff
    2x (7) Miracle Growth
    2x (7) Scale of Onyxia
    1x (8) Kazakusan
    1x (10) Raid Boss Onyxia
    2x (20) Naga Giant

Code: AAECAaa4AwaJiwTxpASlrQSEsASNtQTbuQQMyfUDr4AEiZ8Erp8E2p8Ez6wEjbIE/70E8L8ErsAEgNQE2qEFAA==

On day one of the expansion, I made it to Diamond rank 1 three stars twice using Mech Paladin, but couldn't close the deal. I ended up cycling through Pirate Warrior, Mech Mage, Spell Mage, Aggro Druid, Pirate Rogue, Quest Priest, Shellfish Priest, Murloc Warlock, Aggro Demon Hunter, Token Demon Hunter, and Control Warrior, and I eventually drifted down to Diamond rank 5 zero stars. Then I switched to ramp Druid, and lost about five games on the rest of the climb to Legend. It's basically "kill me in five turns, or I will unleash all of the bullshit."

The Smothering Starfish is a tech choice that I don't regret in the slightest. It straight up won me a half dozen games, against Switch Priest and in Druid mirrors. The Oracle of Elune combos in the deck are a blast to play. I don't think that I played Kazakusan in a single non-mirror game. Scale of Onyxia might be the most clutch card in the deck.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    ramp druid has evolved

### Ramp
    # Class: Druid
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    # 2x (0) Aquatic Form
    # 2x (0) Innervate
    # 2x (1) Dozing Kelpkeeper
    # 2x (1) Druid of the Reef
    # 2x (1) Earthen Scales
    # 1x (1) Ivus, the Forest Lord
    # 1x (2) Jerry Rig Carpenter
    # 2x (3) Oracle of Elune
    # 2x (3) Wild Growth
    # 2x (5) Nourish
    # 1x (5) Queen Azshara
    # 1x (5) Wildheart Guff
    # 2x (7) Miracle Growth
    # 2x (7) Scale of Onyxia
    # 1x (8) Kazakusan
    # 1x (10) Raid Boss Onyxia
    # 2x (20) Naga Giant
    #
    AAECAc6LBQawgASJiwTxpASlrQSEsATbuQQMyfUDrIAEr4AEiZ8Erp8E2p8Ez6wEjbIE/70E8L8ErsAE2qEFAA==
    #

yeet the wraths and a jerry rig to get queen azshara and a couple of druid of the reef, you now run double oracle of elune because uhhh hello (oracle + the 1 mana colossal from queen az is hilarious)

Oracle Into Ivus was an unexpected terror I faced last night and now I can do it myself. Thank you!

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
    Come to think of it, I never actually activated Kazakusan either

The only decks where it would be relevant were ctrl warrior which doesn't exist and priest but now every priest is mill and draws faster than you so they reach xyrella hero before you get to play it

The only decks where it would be relevant were ctrl warrior which doesn't exist and priest but now every priest is mill and draws faster than you so they reach xyrella hero before you get to play it

No Druid mirrors that went long?

Anyone else on Europe not able to play?

Yh6tI4T.jpg

I’m 4-0 in dumpster Legend with semi-OTK Krush Hunter. I don’t think that it can OTK from 30, but 24 damage from hand is very possible, as two Shellfish Priests discovered.

Good ol’ Thump Thump.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    tfw you're ragnaros and the game pits you against the guy who d/c'd at the start THREE TIMES before you can flip your hero power

liEt3nH.png
    well shit my Europe account is broken it seems.

no more hearthstone for me unless i want to play F2p with the coreset on USA/Asia

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I’m 4-0 in dumpster Legend with semi-OTK Krush Hunter. I don’t think that it can OTK from 30, but 24 damage from hand is very possible, as two Shellfish Priests discovered.

Good ol’ Thump Thump.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    What beats the new Ramp Druid?

No Druid mirrors that went long?

No, generally one druid pulls ahead and gets all the ramp they need + guff early and blows the other one out

edited April 2022
    emnmnme wrote: »

Hitting them in the face with a wide board and killing them before their turn 7

See: pirate warrior with a good enough draw, mech mage/paladin, token DH, pirate rogue that doesn't play bad cards in their deck

Beasteh on
    Demon hunter does ok. you do need to be fast

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    Moved over to Wild for a bit.

Combo Druid feels great; unnerfed Kael'thas is the current engine and it's making great use of Aquatic Form and Miracle Growth.

# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
    # 2x (0) Innervate
    # 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
    # 2x (0) Moonfire
    # 2x (0) Pounce
    # 2x (1) Biology Project
    # 2x (1) Living Roots
    # 2x (2) Capture Coldtooth Mine
    # 1x (2) Solar Eclipse
    # 1x (3) Fungal Fortunes
    # 2x (4) Swipe
    # 1x (5) Barnes
    # 1x (6) Kael'thas Sunstrider
    # 2x (6) Starfire
    # 2x (7) Miracle Growth
    # 2x (10) Ultimate Infestation
    AAEBAZarBASFuAKuugPlugOK4AMNQNMDtwaHzgKP9gLw1AOvgASunwS5oASwpQT/vQSuwASB1AQA

It's surprisingly resilient to disruption with Moonlit Guidance, I beat a Shaman playing Dirty Rat, Hecklebot, Ancestor's Call and Okami earlier.

Then: Haha! This 4 mana taunt minion will buy me a turn or two, I'm back in this!!!
    Now: This will summon a full board with rush, divine shield and taunt... but I'm probably still dead.

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular

Hitting them in the face with a wide board and killing them before their turn 7

See: pirate warrior with a good enough draw, mech mage/paladin, token DH, pirate rogue that doesn't play bad cards in their deck

Druid seems a very good deck. Fun, as wel!

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
    Druidstone. Then, now, forever.

Yeah, Wild is going to get Switcheroo nerfed. I'm having the time of my life but this isn't even Hearthstone any more:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/XYm5A5pE9HE875GwZ7Jh5h

• rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Yeah, Wild is going to get Switcheroo nerfed. I'm having the time of my life but this isn't even Hearthstone any more:

Looks more like peak Hearthstone to me!

Yilias wrote: »

Did you just punch out C'thulu?

The funny thing is Standard Pyromancer + Equality still destroys those big crazy boards.

So after 30 games of it here's my results:

18-12 overall

I won 3 games by comboing on turn 3
    I won 12 games by comboing on turn 4
    I won 3 games by comboing around turn 7, because there were secrets to deal with or combo pieces were late or other complications

I lost 6 games to drawing minions
    I lost 3 games to not finding combo pieces
    I lost 2 games to aggro by dying the turn before I could combo
    I lost 1 game to the mirror because I was one turn slower
    I lost 0 games to combo disruption

This actually seems like a very good ladder deck. Games are blazing fast; you either murder people immediately or get murdered or draw the wrong cards and concede. It also requires very little thought since you run minimal interaction and don't really care what your opponent is doing. It's not nearly as inconsistent as I thought it would be either, Priest has a lot of tutors.