As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    tfw you're ragnaros and the game pits you against the guy who d/c'd at the start THREE TIMES before you can flip your hero power

EVERY TIME

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    I feel like that 16% chance for pirate warrior to pull a gorehowl out of their ass happens a lot more than the average

e: sometimes the game just gives you a free win

PlQn6L8.png?1

Beasteh on
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    We've got enough games that VS Live has archetypes now. I'm surprised to see Switcheroo Priest up there after they were dunking on it on Saturday.

dv1Fk7j.png

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Aggro DH is the hotness, I am stomping up to high legend with this list

### Aggro
    # Class: Demon Hunter
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    # 2x (1) Battlefiend
    # 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
    # 2x (1) Dreadprison Glaive
    # 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
    # 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
    # 2x (1) Multi-Strike
    # 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
    # 2x (2) Battleworn Vanguard
    # 2x (2) Chaos Strike
    # 2x (2) Spectral Sight
    # 2x (2) Wayward Sage
    # 1x (3) Lady S'theno
    # 2x (3) Predation
    # 2x (3) Pufferfist
    # 1x (4) Drek'Thar
    # 1x (5) Bone Glaive
    # 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
    #
    AAECAaerBAS7igSHiwS1swT7vwQNwvEDhI0Etp8EyZ8E0p8EtKAE4aQEirAEjrAEiLIEmLoE+b8EntQEAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Just killed a rogue on turn four

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I can get the cannon to rotate left and right on the new board but how do I get it to fire a cannonball?

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    We've got enough games that VS Live has archetypes now. I'm surprised to see Switcheroo Priest up there after they were dunking on it on Saturday.

dv1Fk7j.png

It’s hilarious that it seems to be struggling in gold/silver/bronze. I would have thought that it was exactly the kind of deck that reduced decision making significantly and would be easy to pilot to success.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    That deck is dumb, its faster than any midrange or control deck can handle right now.

• Options
    nah ramp druid eats its lunch

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I regularly kill ramp druid before turn 6 with that. Currently in Diamond 6.

• Options
    I think I've settled on aggro DH for Wild too. Metamorfin is a lot more reliable with the new Fel spells.

# 2x (1) Battlefiend
    # 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
    # 2x (1) Consume Magic
    # 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
    # 2x (1) Illidari Studies
    # 2x (1) Lowly Squire
    # 2x (1) Mana Burn
    # 2x (1) Metamorfin
    # 2x (1) Multi-Strike
    # 2x (1) Twin Slice
    # 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
    # 1x (3) Dreadlord's Bite
    # 1x (3) Lady S'theno
    # 2x (3) Predation
    # 2x (3) Stiltstepper
    # 1x (5) Need for Greed
    # 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
    AAEBAeHiBASe+ALN3QPIgAT7vwQNthPgvAPUyAPyyQPP3QPz4wPC8QP1+APSnwSOsASIsgSYugSe1AQA

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    So after 30 games of it here's my results:

18-12 overall

I won 3 games by comboing on turn 3
    I won 12 games by comboing on turn 4
    I won 3 games by comboing around turn 7, because there were secrets to deal with or combo pieces were late or other complications

I lost 6 games to drawing minions
    I lost 3 games to not finding combo pieces
    I lost 2 games to aggro by dying the turn before I could combo
    I lost 1 game to the mirror because I was one turn slower
    I lost 0 games to combo disruption

This actually seems like a very good ladder deck. Games are blazing fast; you either murder people immediately or get murdered or draw the wrong cards and concede. It also requires very little thought since you run minimal interaction and don't really care what your opponent is doing. It's not nearly as inconsistent as I thought it would be either, Priest has a lot of tutors.
    Made this deck (except for The Darkness, which I don't have, and which I realize is a pretty vital component; had to swap in a Deathwing). Lost 5/5 games, twice to drawing a minion early and the rest to getting dead before I can assemble all the pieces. Pretty sure you need The Darkness for this, because otherwise you need to do too much work to get your damage high enough. In any case, I have very much lost my appetite for going further with this deck.

• Options
    Correct, you'd need a minimum 15 attack minion for it to work and afaik Darkness is the only one.

• Options
    And done, 23-8 with Odd DH.

HeOQbKG.png

There's a lot of Combo Druids out there but Mana Burn is a good card.

• Options
    DrowsDrows Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    (deleted)

Drows on
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    What beats the new Ramp Druid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWazQ6AXAac

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    WTF happened in that last clip to Pizza there?? Is that a known bug?

• Options
    Messing around with quest hunter

I am running 2 of the 3 mana 1/5 taunt treasure guard, 2 rustrot vipers, raj legendary and drek'thar which seems like enough density for a good payoff

Also running tavish hero at the top end because some games you can't win with a 2 damage hero power and need to build a thousand huffers instead
    (tricky balancing it so you don't complete second stage of quest before turn 6/5 with coin otherwise you're stuck paying full price for your huffers)

• Options
    The idealized decks Tavern Brawl came and went too quickly. I didn't get to try all of the classes. :disappointed:

• Options
    I actually won a couple games with Curse Warlock in that brawl since your opponents aren't all hyper optimized aggro, ramp Druid, or OTK decks. It was kind of fun. And of course this week is back to a tortuously slow and random brawl.

Pic unrelated:
    tml4zugbh2u81.jpg

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Druid and Warrior can suck it.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Oh, and the Brawls still seem to be giving out a Standard pack. I don't know if this was some covert player-beneficial change that for some reason Team 5 didn't feel like mentioning, or if Tavern Brawl is just so forgotten that they haven't bothered to flip the switch back to "last year packs" yet.

forty on
  • Options
    VS #228 is up:
    https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-228/

Surprising no one, the kings of the format are Aggro DH, Ramp Druid, and Quest Warrior. Seeing Druid rapidly grow in popularity as you go up the ranks is quite funny anyway.

• Options
    quest warrior is only good at below legend rank, its so predictable

i've never lost to it as ramp druid so far

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Seems to me if Silence Priest straps on a tad more removal or silence for Druid it would win that match up way easier.

Could be a good counter to the deck.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    forty wrote: »
    Oh, and the Brawls still seem to be giving out a Standard pack. I don't know if this was some covert player-beneficial change that for some reason Team 5 didn't feel like mentioning, or if Tavern Brawl is just so forgotten that they haven't bothered to flip the switch back to "last year packs" yet.

Dev has confirmed on Twitter today that is an intentional change

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Nerfs incoming:

Standard:

Pirate Warrior Questline is getting an additional number on its final step. (3/3/2 ->3/3/3)
    Pufferfist is losing a health, from 3/4 to 3/3.
    Switcheroo now swaps Health only instead of stats.
    Miracle Growth now costs 8 Mana, up from 7.
    Kazakusan’s activation requirement is getting changed. He’ll now read “Battlecry: If you’ve played 4 other Dragons this game, craft a custom deck of Treasures.

Wild:

Kael’thas is getting a textbox revert to Every third spell you cast each turn costs (1).
    Switcheroo is banned

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    RIP Kael'thas revert, you lasted a whole 3 weeks.

E: How much does the Kazakusan change really matter to Ramp Druid? I think Onyxia is already meta and Alexstrasza is fringe, so you just need 2 more playable dragons.

Yilias on
  • Options
    i know that the opinion is that DH was bad against decks that were being kept down by ramp druid but off those are conspicuous non-nerfs to it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DH was also on Pufferfist.

• Options
    yeah but i don't think that's much of a pufferfist nerf lmao

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular

E: How much does the Kazakusan change really matter to Ramp Druid? I think Onyxia is already meta and Alexstrasza is fringe, so you just need 2 more playable dragons.

If you were running the spells-only version, that build is dead.

The newer version was already running a bunch of non-dragon minions as a way to refill and close out against control, so yeah maybe you run Alex and 2 amalgams of the deep, but you still gotta cut 3 cards to get there. Might be better off just dropping Kazak for something else.

• Options
    yeah but i don't think that's much of a pufferfist nerf lmao

The 4 ass is a pretty big deal, it will be much easier to remove now

Spider tank stats on top of the effect was disgusting

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »

The newer version was already running a bunch of non-dragon minions as a way to refill and close out against control, so yeah maybe you run Alex and 2 amalgams of the deep, but you still gotta cut 3 cards to get there. Might be better off just dropping Kazak for something else.

Not only do you have to run them you have to draw and play them first which means spending much more time with your actual deck

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    ronzo wrote: »

Not only do you have to run them you have to draw and play them first which means spending much more time with your actual deck

Right, but the current giants/ivus ramp Druid deck already has the same problem, namely running 7 non-dragon minions at minimum, with up to 11 in some other builds. So you’re already at the same conclusion with needing exactly 4 dragons (ie, you might have to draw your entire deck), except now you’re vulnerable to rogue steals, mutanus, the counter minions guy, etc.

This does kill all spells buts kaz and onyxia Druid though.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    I was playing quest hunter the other day and my paladin opponent played okani just before I dropped quest reward tavish, and I had no minions in hand + couldn't draw any to save my life

I couldn't complete the quest either because he was waiting with mutanus

Felt so bad

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I really don't know what they were expecting after reverting that one.

Tweet contents

Turn 2 lethal

forty on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It seemed real simple to just change the card to require dragons actually be in your deck. So if your deck is empty, dragonless, or has non-dragons then it won’t work. Might require a bit more skill to remember to cast him before you draw all your dragons, but honestly that also curtails any potential cheesy controls decks packing like four dragons and 26 spells.

But I also thought adding a 6 attack charge minion that gives another tribe charge in a meta where that tribe has a lot of random generation was a bad idea.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Sterica wrote: »
    It seemed real simple to just change the card to require dragons actually be in your deck. So if your deck is empty, dragonless, or has non-dragons then it won’t work. Might require a bit more skill to remember to cast him before you draw all your dragons, but honestly that also curtails any potential cheesy controls decks packing like four dragons and 26 spells.

But I also thought adding a 6 attack charge minion that gives another tribe charge in a meta where that tribe has a lot of random generation was a bad idea.

That still lets Druid cheat it out early though, and lets non-dragon decks pick up a free copy or two off Amalgam of the deep.

Edit: Smite is still going to be totally busted post-patch, no idea why it’s not getting hit here.

ronzo on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ramp Druid has a ton of non-dragons, so how would they cheat it out besides the rare game where they draw every minion besides Onyxia?

YL9WnCY.png