As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    i had never done it before and did both whatsits first time, they just set it up so ur chain dropping ruin guards into the hole for double points and ur gucci (on the harder one if u pay the 10 for lower bridge cd it comes up almost exactly as u need it, no brane required)

also geo traveller can wall off the other route permanently so long as u refresh the qs... its uh... yeah...

geo traveller pride

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The problem is, I don't think it's possible to beat the ruin guards at all without dropping them. So it's kind of just... set up all your turrets bottom because anything up top is just a waste anyways. And I dislike that.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    in genshin theres 3 fundamental resources society runs on

ore, food and frogs

wars have been fought for control of all 3

There was food, but everything changed when paimon attacked

steam_sig.png
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    in genshin theres 3 fundamental resources society runs on

ore, food and frogs

wars have been fought for control of all 3

There was food, but everything changed when paimon attacked
    Paimon wrote:
    Hey!

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    would be nice for the mechanicus if they gave u more flexibility between the diff tower types, its a bit annoying having a cap of 14 then only like 3 max of each, lemme build the crack shot tower army or whatever if i want

obF2Wuw.png
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Again I’m not having difficulty with it. Max rewards on my first try. Even got a perfect score. Everything about mechanicus seems better.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
    edited April 2022
    oh i havent had any trouble one shotting all of them i just like the idea of having more tactical flexibility rather than just building everything they give u (i never did it last time so no idea what the comparison is like)

EDIT: wiki implies male traveller has less damage on charged attacks than female... is this true? is the animation different? thonking

jxpsj3p4go8p.png

the comments imply he has faster attack strings overall

double edit: depressingly it looks like he moves faster too because hes medium male not medium female and thus is taller genshin wat r u doin

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    double edit: depressingly it looks like he moves faster too because hes medium male not medium female and thus is taller genshin wat r u doin

At the very least, I can confirm this. Back when the game was new, I rerolled a ton of accounts for something to do. Rerolling involved basically running through the opening stuff up to the first couple tutorial domains and getting a certain number of chests along the way. I initially switched back and forth between Lumine and Aether, but eventually settled on picking Aether every time, because he is noticeably faster. He's a lot better at climbing, too. For what it's worth, I've heard that girls are better at swimming. But even if true, that really does not matter.

I'm not so sure about their attack speed. I had at least heard about Lumine having stronger charge attacks, so that's probably true.

At the very least, I can confirm this. Back when the game was new, I rerolled a ton of accounts for something to do. Rerolling involved basically running through the opening stuff up to the first couple tutorial domains and getting a certain number of chests along the way. I initially switched back and forth between Lumine and Aether, but eventually settled on picking Aether every time, because he is noticeably faster. He's a lot better at climbing, too. For what it's worth, I've heard that girls are better at swimming. But even if true, that really does not matter.

I'm not so sure about their attack speed. I had at least heard about Lumine having stronger charge attacks, so that's probably true.

its ok the first source i found seems to be wrong and after a lil bit of digging and frame counting lumine is in fact... 3.3% faster as well as having the better charged attacks (as of early 2021 but...)

cosmic balance restored, misandry canonical, etc

on the other hand therefore confusing why they made her charged attack better but who know

obF2Wuw.png
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Run speed is a function of height, fwiw.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

Run speed is a function of height, fwiw.

Sayu rolls, rolls, rolls.
    Zhongli runs, runs, runs.
    Sayu rolls, rolls, rolls.

edited April 2022
    everybody expecting paimon to turn out to be an agent of ahriman baiting u into murking the gods but the ultimate twist will be... shes literally just an ancient food spirit from a prehistoric culture and her name is just "pie monster" contracted

and she has used u to gain insuperable control over all the pies in teyvat

fuk..

also i just thought of this shitpost theory while typing that somebody needs to see if they can get people on reddit to take it seriously

luminiferous aether was the pre-relativity name of the medium light moves thru, so if ur lumine with aether ur literally the thing that light moves thru - a light bringer if u will (luminiferous is the same -ferous as in lucifer, bringing)

plant the meme idea that u been lucifer the whole time split into two and im pretty sure if u got somebody with the right voice to make a 30min youtube video about this new epic theory u could get some traction. ur even blonde

EDIT: actually how long have they had names i didnt realise until i looked them up

was it from the beginning and i just paid no attention or did they used to just be called traveller then they decided later to add it in

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I would pay for the option to skip dialogue. Is that a thing we can pitch to the company? They like money, right?

Maybe like a monthly subscription to be able to skip dialogue.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    I was considering making a post about how today's Theater Mechanicus is bullshit, but after a few attempts at the second stage of it, I was able to get a score of 2760. I actually feel really good about it! It's a very interesting puzzle that requires some planning to solve. My only issue now is that I wish there was some way for that puzzle to be more clear before we actually attempt it. Like, I don't see how I could have come up with a solution unless I knew in advance exactly which path each enemy followed and when they spawn. Thank god it doesn't take as long as it used to, I guess.

Now that I've cleared it, I'm pretty sure I could get the full 3k, but I'm not gonna go back for that.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    And finally the fox gets the crowns.
    he275uj7ifgv.jpg

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    edited April 2022
    would be awesome if they added the lil parry tells and perfect parry mechanics to some enemies for characters that have them

eg if some shielded enemies could be perfect parried by yun jin or beidou as a way to tell them to fuck off it would be really fun

something i have noticed going from inazuma to the chasm is that they have clearly learned people hate the stateless floating enemies like the husks - the husk equivalents in the chasm can be knocked around, have physics, have states, dont just float there being boring blobs. more interesting enemies with internal states who can be fought in fun ways if u want to lads

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • NoughtNought Registered User regular
    everybody expecting paimon to turn out to be an agent of ahriman baiting u into murking the gods but the ultimate twist will be... shes literally just an ancient food spirit from a prehistoric culture and her name is just "pie monster" contracted

and she has used u to gain insuperable control over all the pies in teyvat

fuk..

also i just thought of this shitpost theory while typing that somebody needs to see if they can get people on reddit to take it seriously

At one point I watched a youtube video about a teory that Tayvat was the world described in the bible, with giant trees holding up the heavenly sphere, and tha Kahnrian, or what that ancient land was called, would on the bottom, under the surface.

At the time I mostly dismissed it as typical american thinking that everything has to fit into the bible somehow.

Or it could have been some asian mythology that parallels that description.

We know from the trailer from before the game came out that the last chapter in the main story will be in that ancient land that doesn't use the element magic.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
    the reddit for amber enjoyers is such a pure and innocent place

7ugkh427yozq.png

obF2Wuw.png
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Upcoming banners and rumors, for your primo-saving plans:

2.6 part 2: Ayaka, with Rosaria, Sayu, and Razor
    2.7 (rumor): Yelan solo, Itto solo. Kuki as a 4* on one of those
    2.8 (rumor): Oops! All reruns! Yoimiya, Klee, Kazuha.

That might make some perverse sense, to have 3 overdue reruns to drain primos before Dendro is released.

dendro is a hidden amber buff

shes the only 2 gauge unit pyro stud, she will apply the god burns, fear the amber

obF2Wuw.png
    I might pull a little for kuki, but guess I'm saving for Yoimiya.

Shadowfire wrote: »

was she buggy on release i saw a bunch of people complaining about her

obF2Wuw.png

was she buggy on release i saw a bunch of people complaining about her

She's not great, and a lot of her problems are because of the crappy targeting that ranged attacks suffer from.
    But she's also very wholesome.

Yoimiya is definitely better than people initially thought (kinda like Kokomi, but maybe not as extreme), and her role has some use cases that are hard to replace (see: Thunder Manifestation). Not a must-have by any means, but a solid pickup for people who like her.

She's also able to use some stuff that came out after her initial release, like one of the new artifact sets, and Yun Jin.

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular

Same. I'm considering Yelan a lot but I wanted Yoimiya on launch and that never went away. If anything I just got a little more annoyed everytime I looked at a situation like, "Oh here's where I could use Yoimiya. If MiHoYo had actually given me one." I've got a C2 Jean, and my Fischl and Xingqiu are almost C6, so I can really get a Machine Gun comp going. I'm really looking forward to it.

Anything I have left, I'll dump into Kazuha's banner. I'm at a point where I almost "don't need" him but he'd make things so much easier.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I just want to know what sicko writer pairs up Klee and Yoimiya and then intentionally writes a "no explosions" rule into the story?

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I just want to know what sicko writer pairs up Klee and Yoimiya and then intentionally writes a "no explosions" rule into the story?

I mean, that bit did end up really wholesome anyways, but yeah, I think everyone was expecting some quality bonding over explosions.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Someone who doesn't want to embarrass
    the evil? robot
    Albedo, obviously.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

bunny can spread cryo for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYDjxxvDlD4

also if ur not careful and ur walking around u could take a bunny to the back of the head protecc ya neck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9zPfghKNbs

obF2Wuw.png
    Oh good, the spiral abyss reset, now we all get to do this dogshit monolith defense floor again. Yay

Fuck right off, HoyoVerse

edited April 2022
    somebody must have made a list of all the animations that were lift- uh, used as inspiration for various attacks

Noelle jump attack is helm breaker from dmc, Rosaria burst is Raiden heavy sword slam w/ leg from razor is Nero from dmc4 with devil trigger... some vergil stuff?

EDIT: also i do not understand the controller defaults for genshin. forcing character swaps on dpad and locking lt/lb seems insane, not least of which is means u have to choose between moving or swapping. if u dont have a controller with bindable paddles it just feels like ur up shit creek if u want to play even remotely smoothly

maybe it gets easier but i am eternally confused by any game that hard limits ur binds, not least of which here is i would rather have eg elemental burst on dpad than a character swap but i cant even bind it!

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    edited April 2022
    ov4cl1agcdmc.png

10 wishes on banner, get this, ok no need to wish more she can support amber now good job me

my level 20 razor is now c5 his level of moral support has never been higher

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    Congrats! Ayaka is great fun.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Finally got around to doing the event this weekend. Picture/poem thing was somewhat finicky but kinda fun, theater mechanicus is still very much the same if not easier since you only had a few options, flower pot thing was pretty pointless, bushido genshin was great.

steam_sig.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    somebody must have made a list of all the animations that were lift- uh, used as inspiration for various attacks

Noelle jump attack is helm breaker from dmc, Rosaria burst is Raiden heavy sword slam w/ leg from razor is Nero from dmc4 with devil trigger... some vergil stuff?

EDIT: also i do not understand the controller defaults for genshin. forcing character swaps on dpad and locking lt/lb seems insane, not least of which is means u have to choose between moving or swapping. if u dont have a controller with bindable paddles it just feels like ur up shit creek if u want to play even remotely smoothly

maybe it gets easier but i am eternally confused by any game that hard limits ur binds, not least of which here is i would rather have eg elemental burst on dpad than a character swap but i cant even bind it!

Character switches aren't already blocked by moving? I must just always be sprinting or gliding then, which did block it off

steam_sig.png
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Finally got around to doing the event this weekend. Picture/poem thing was somewhat finicky but kinda fun, theater mechanicus is still very much the same if not easier since you only had a few options, flower pot thing was pretty pointless, bushido genshin was great.

I enjoyed the flower pot thing, but they gave the answers away too quickly.

Also, Bushido Genshin is rumored to be a sneak peek of the Traveler's Dendro abilities, but I don't know how sussy that is.

travellers dendro abilities are same as geo traveller except u drop an even bigger tree instead of the rock and they never expire allowing u to cage coop partners for all time

obF2Wuw.png
    Dendro Traveler being a dedicated counter-bot would be....a choice, certainly.

dendro works like this

dendro constructs are constructs except pyro burns them so far so normal

but if u put them on geo constructs they double in size

if u put them on geo constructs then hit with hydro they quadruple in size

then u can use anemo to push them over, crushing enemies. simple

obF2Wuw.png
    Then cryo to forever freeze them in place.
    -Or-
    Electro to reanimate and add them to your ever growing army of the dead.