As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help me identify these furniture screws

IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
So, Wayfair sent me a whole ass entertainment center without any hardware. I am trying to get them to send them through support, but I think I'd rather just get amazon to send me the screws rather than wait two weeks with this dissembled thing in my living room, but I am not sure I totally understand what is listed here:
y2fa97s5ps1c.jpg

I believe M6X 10-50 screws would be covered by this kit:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09GK61B3R/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_3?ie=UTF8&smid=A3ORQURA8TWLYR&th=1

I believe these are the M4 screws
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0975LKN8L/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_2?ie=UTF8&smid=A1ZRRCZIF57JQ9&th=1

I do not know if I understand what just the "M6" with no additional measurement is. Is it these?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BJYT6YV/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A2EYQYE4IE6E7L&th=1

Thank you for any help with this stupid, dumb problem.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    We were short a single screw for a light fixture from Wayfair and support kept saying they would send it for 3 months then we just bought one.

They will give you a 15% off coupon if you complain though.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    I figure once I'm sure I have the right screws, I can weasel out a partial refund. I just need a more furniture-familiar person to check my shopping here. I have a ton of wood screws in the house, but not bolts.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    So M6 is the metric bolt width about 6 millimeters and the second number is the length of the Bolt in millimeters.

The weird bit is no second number, however the instructions call for a Phillips head screw driver, and the other bolts used hex bolts so I’d say you are looking for an M6 screw.

Now Wayfair is the vendor, who manufactures the home entertainment system.

Try calling them. Because if you send it back to Wayfair, they will send it back to the manufacturer and get a credit for it. Also the manufacturer can probably tell you the screw width.

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    kinda looks like they are leveling feet. The phillips head screwdriver is for E

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Maguano wrote: »
    kinda looks like they are leveling feet. The phillips head screwdriver is for E

This. There being 6 of them also fits with the number of feet the shelf has. Can you check the instructions to see where part D is supposed to go?
    Then it would be something like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/-/de/dp/B097TN7B35/ref=sr_1_9?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=2S4IQT9G2GU1T&keywords=leveling+feet+m6&qid=1650450006&sprefix=leveling+feet+m6,aps,151&sr=8-9

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    So M6 is the metric bolt width about 6 millimeters and the second number is the length of the Bolt in millimeters.

The weird bit is no second number, however the instructions call for a Phillips head screw driver, and the other bolts used hex bolts so I’d say you are looking for an M6 screw.

Try calling them. Because if you send it back to Wayfair, they will send it back to the manufacturer and get a credit for it. Also the manufacturer can probably tell you the screw width.
    I'm pretty sure the M6 standard also specifies a .7mm twist.

The "M6" with no other designation is the most mysterious. Because I'm pretty sure that the phillips screwdriver is for the M4s

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    I would expect most hardware stores can help you out, although I live in metric land things that are imperial is available here so the other way seems likely. I recommend simply going, bring the instructions you have and they should be able to help you on the spot.

Chances are the store will have a box with a few bolts in different sizes, so just buying that could be what you need.

Bones heal, glory is forever.
  • Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    The "M6" with no other designation is the most mysterious. Because I'm pretty sure that the phillips screwdriver is for the M4s

Agree on the Phillips and M4s, however on the mysterious ones I think they are what is know as "thumb screws" or "finger screws" just as @honovere suggested. Most likely there won't be a stop in the legs, so that those don't have a critical max length but more that they can't be to short - I would go with 30 mm or maybe 40 mm. Should the ones acquired turn out to be to long a hack saw can sole that, adding length is much harder :)

Bones heal, glory is forever.
  • Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    I agree that the mystery M6 screw looks like a furniture foot. Instructions should be able to confirm that.

• Options
    Thanks folks! I looked through the instructions and the mystery M6s are indeed furniture feet. I've made a couple orders, and we'll see if I can get this thing together tomorrow! I appreciate the help.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    you don't need screws if you have a tub of epoxy

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

I'm pretty sure the M6 standard also specifies a .7mm twist.

Oh neat, I learned something new today.