As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC] Vampire: The Masquerade - Pyramid Scheme [PBP]

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Minion roll 1d10t7 for this is completely necessary

this is completely necessary:
    1d10t7 1 [1d10t7=10]

• Options
    edited March 2022
    minion roll 1d10t7 it keeps happening

So that's 5 successes I believe

it keeps happening:
    1d10t7 0 [1d10t7=1]

discrider on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Louie's currently intently listening, but keeping his mouth shut for this one because Gurstag seems to have the more diplomatic play, and we want as much info out of these guys as we can get

• Options
    Can I roll to see what Louie knows of the history they're referring to with the talk of fracturing among the Tremere?

Also, would it be possible to try to sneak a closer look at the woman in the corner to better see what her deal is?

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Can I roll to see what Louie knows of the history they're referring to with the talk of fracturing among the Tremere?

Also, would it be possible to try to sneak a closer look at the woman in the corner to better see what her deal is?

He can make a static Occult+Intelligence to see how much he remembers.

For the woman, Auspex+Alertness+Perception, challenge of 3.
    (But he will have to scrutinize her to use Auspex.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Geth roll 2d10 for Trying to Remember the Good Old Days

Geth roll 4d10 for Getting a Good Look at Sneaky Sally

Trying to Remember the Good Old Days:
    2d10 12 [2d10=7, 5]
    Getting a Good Look at Sneaky Sally:
    4d10 20 [4d10=1, 6, 9, 4]

• Options
    Minion roll 7d10t7 for Fractured past

Fractured past:
    7d10t7 3 [7d10t7=9, 6, 8, 4, 10, 2, 3]

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Minion roll 1d10t7

So three for remembering the fracture and Wiccans.
    I can roll the other one too, but there's a reason Gurstag doesn't have Auspex.

1d10t7 0 [1d10t7=5]

discrider on
  • Options
    Minion roll 3d10t7 for being oblivious

being oblivious:
    3d10t7 2 [3d10t7=9, 2, 8]

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 2d10 for Trying to Remember the Good Old Days

Geth roll 4d10 for Getting a Good Look at Sneaky Sally

You're vaguely aware of there being a divide shortly after the Vienna debacle, but the specifics don't come to mind.

Something is very off about her aura, but you can't quite pin it down. You're fairly sure she's not mortal, though.
    discrider wrote: »
    Minion roll 1d10t7

So three for remembering the fracture and Wiccans.
    I can roll the other one too, but there's a reason Gurstag doesn't have Auspex.
    You're intimately aware of what he's talking about: House Carna, the Wiccan branch that's been gaining influence in the midwest.

1d10t7 0 [1d10t7=1]

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Just to be sure we're fully compromised from all sides, tomorrow Gurstag and Louie should probably go find the Wiccans, and pledge our cooperation and loyalty to them as well! B)

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Oh shit.

tngbw5rphnep.png

OK, I know that the Technocracy involves Mages somehow, but what can I roll to see what Louie knows about it?

OOC:...don't know the lore behind the White Wolf games in-depth, but I seem to remember something along the lines of Mages coming in somewhere above Werewolves in terms of "do not piss off"? So, that should be fun to navigate

mrpaku on
  • Options
    Oh shit.

tngbw5rphnep.png

OK, I know that the Technocracy involves Mages somehow, but what can I roll to see what Louie knows about it?

OOC:...don't know the lore behind the White Wolf games in-depth, but I seem to remember something along the lines of Mages coming in somewhere above Werewolves in terms of "do not piss off"? So, that should be fun to navigate

It's something he could research, but all he would know offhand is they have a dangerous reputation, even among Mages. Anyone outside Tremere would have no idea who they are apart from maybe Nossies.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Waiting on Professor Gurstag to make the next move- Louie is currently flabbergasted and would probably say something stupid here

• Options
    Gurstag rather thinks the Technos or whatever are attempting to set us up against the Wiccans, as it doesn't sit right that they'd come to us to access Wiccan information.
    Surely you'd go to the others first, especially as there's no guarantee (and no assurances made) that we can keep them safe from the Wiccans.

What do I roll to discern whether they actually want Wiccan tech or are just planning to play us off against each other

• Options
    edited April 2022
    You could attempt to use Auspex to scrutinize their auras to see if they're lying, though it would be fairly conspicuous.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    :P
    All that zero Auspex

discrider on
  • Options
    It's considered the Tremere discipline for a reason. :P Maybe save up to have Louie teach him it.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Looking at the traits, it looks like non-Auspex would be perception+empathy, which Gurstag is also not skilled in :/

• Options
    Looking at the traits, it looks like non-Auspex would be perception+empathy, which Gurstag is also not skilled in :/

Louie's got 1 in Perception and 2 in Empathy, and he's been listening along intently to all this. Can he try to pick up if he can hear anything behind these guys aren't saying?

• Options

Louie's got 1 in Perception and 2 in Empathy, and he's been listening along intently to all this. Can he try to pick up if he can hear anything behind these guys aren't saying?

Is he going to put his Auspex to use?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Might as well; these guys assume the worst of the Tremere anyway, so if nothing else Louie might as well flash his eyes at them to make them remember who they're messing with. Do I include my Perception and Empathy in the roll/what'd the Challenge look like, please?

• Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Might as well; these guys assume the worst of the Tremere anyway, so if nothing else Louie might as well flash his eyes at them to make them remember who they're messing with. Do I include my Perception and Empathy in the roll/what'd the Challenge look like, please?

Auspex+Perception+Empathy, challenge of 3, but he will have to stare at the object of his scrutiny, if only briefly.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Geth, give me one good roll in this game, please

Geth roll 5d10 Hard Glare at Liana

Hard Glare at Liana:
    5d10 31 [5d10=6, 6, 2, 9, 8]

• Options
    Geth, give me one good roll in this game, please

Geth roll 5d10 Hard Glare at Liana

Liana's aura is like nothing else you've seen, two-toned white and black, crackling with shadowy tendrils. She's definitely neither mortal nor Kindred. As far as you can tell, they're being straight with you, though you can't be sure what the real motive behind their honesty is.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I'm good to leave from here and discuss things in the car real quick (let Gurstag know about the aura I saw/tell him about Louie's desire to reach out constructively to the Wiccans in all this)

How long will it take to drive back to the Regentia, assuming nothing else goes wrong tonight (and assuming that's where we're going...)? And how much of the night will we have left after arriving?

• Options
    They should have time, but they would have to retreat to their havens right from there.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Did Jonathon buy that book on Wiccan locations, or can Gurstag snag it on the way out?

discrider on
  • Options
    Did Jonathon buy that book on Wiccan locations, or can Gurstag snag it on the way out?

I totally forgot to answer this... as far as you can tell, it's still there, though you could just ask to buy it.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I absolutely am, on the way out.

• Options
    Louie is gonna be sitting out in the car waiting for Gurstag to arrive, at which point I figure they'll (attempt) to drive to the Regentia, and Louie will catch Gurstag up on what he thinks they're dealing with from Liana

• Options
    He can also try good old fashioned persuasion, or a bit of dominate.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Was planning on using dominate to clean up.

• Options
    Poor cheery shopkeeper probably gets mindwiped five, six times a week by the local spooks :D

• Options
    Looks like I have three Manipulation and one Intimidate, or two Leadership (but hard to see how that could be brought to bear).
    I can Command with Dominate, but it's unclear how I'd get the information in one word.
    Maybe 'Spill'.

• Options
    Looks like I have three Manipulation and one Intimidate, or two Leadership (but hard to see how that could be brought to bear).
    I can Command with Dominate, but it's unclear how I'd get the information in one word.
    Maybe 'Spill'.

It can also be used in conjunction with a persuade attempt to give you an extra die roll.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    So at this point, I think Gurstag slams down another $50 to try for the info with Manip+Intim+Dominate
    And then gets the shopkeeper to 'Forget' what happened tonight, with the same

• Options
    It'll be against a challenge of 2.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Haha.
    I think the only roll I've succeeded so far is identifying a book.

discrider on
  • Options
    So..
    There aren't any other people are in the pawn shop, are there.