As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I usually settle for damage or added element but Ingot a natural drop on a ward that gave 25 percent loot luck. So now thats out there

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Do the Chaos Run bosses drop loot or just crystals?

Xeddicus on
  • MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    They drop loot. Also, if you do the featured run, the bosses have an increased chance of dropping their dedicated loot. Right now, the boss is Banshee, which has the AUTOMAGIC.EXE, one of the possible replacements for the Liquid Cooling now that it's nerfed to the ground.

Madpoet wrote: »
    They drop loot. Also, if you do the featured run, the bosses have an increased chance of dropping their dedicated loot. Right now, the boss is Banshee, which has the AUTOMAGIC.EXE, one of the possible replacements for the Liquid Cooling now that it's nerfed to the ground.

The wailing banshee sword is also very good.

I got an automagic chaotic before the patch. Its fun the bullets ricochet the homing feature isnt very useful but its nice

The chaos 14 Wastard fight is bullshit.

40 minutes and most of it was because he'd regen sheild every five seconds

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    dry'l is also a massive asshole on high chaos because if you don't have absurd damage (and you don't, now that the good guns got nerfed) you better be able to survive 25+ mins of chewing through his near-infinite shield

Beasteh on
    Beasteh wrote: »
    dry'l is also a massive asshole on high chaos because if you don't have absurd damage (and you don't, now that the good guns got nerfed) you better be able to survive 25+ mins of chewing through his near-infinite shield

I use the hellion and gull glitch now. Fun fact liquid cooling can pass its effect to other Skullduggers too

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Madpoet wrote: »

Oh I was wondering why it was doing like no damage compared to what I remembered the last time I played a week and a half ago lol

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    i just wanted to say that i REALLY appreciate the thread title.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    SteveRage wrote: »
    i just wanted to say that i REALLY appreciate the thread title.

Bloodninja will forever be in our hearts, casting Mighty Fuck of the Beyondness

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Ok hit C20 ahead of the dlc. Now to get my second guy to 40 which should be easier given . have like 30 class mods and tons of gear for the class combo

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Is there no way to zoom in on your character in Wonderlands' character-creator? Seems off you can't take a good look at your armor up close.

• StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Finished the story at 39 and jumped into a chaos trial. I think that'll keep me entertained for a big longer, but it was weird not knowing how much longer the trial was going to last after I went through each portal - am I missing something there?

I think I actually liked the story for this game more than all the other BL games. It was tight, brisk, and fun. Arnett just did a stellar job with the a more complex take on the baddie. The overworld was a nice little touch.

I pretty much spent the entire game with an acid stream SMG and fire and forget hydras (Gravevorn/Spellshot). I have no idea if that was good or not, but things died, and I didn't, and I'm not all that great at these games. I couldn't find much use for anything other than pistols and SMGs. Everything is so fast and in your face that snipers seem pointless, and I never got a good taste of heavies or shotguns because friggin' auto pistols just assassermated things.

Not sure if I want to try a different class combo or grind the shit out of chaos for a bit. I need to collect dice, too, but not being account wide sours me on the whole concept.

• MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    Standard Chaos Run (including Trials) is 3 mob rooms (first always has a Dragon Lord Curse) followed by an Obelisk mini-boss, followed by 3 more mob rooms, followed by a final boss. After that, any Raid Bosses you activated, or if you didn't activate any then you go to the loot room.

An Extended Run seams to just add another 3 mob rooms and another Obelisk mini-boss (so 3 rooms, Obelisk, 3 rooms, Obelisk, 3 rooms, boss. Loot room or raid bosses.

The Chaos Trials are all static. That includes mobs in each room, mini-boss es, bosses, and available curses.

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
    I accidentally selected extended run while bulking up my Chaos level and was so very confused.

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Does anybody know if loot luck is keyed to the host player? Would like to maybe try to get some lower level legendary stuff for alt characters and my kid to have access to and it doesn't really seem easy to do that without profile-wide buffs to luck.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
    I sure hope it isn't. That be lame. But I do not know.

edited April 2022
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Does anybody know if loot luck is keyed to the host player? Would like to maybe try to get some lower level legendary stuff for alt characters and my kid to have access to and it doesn't really seem easy to do that without profile-wide buffs to luck.

New patch fixed it. Loot die are per account now not character

King Riptor on
    The dice should be account bound yeah, but not overall luck. That make you lose it if they were specced lower than you.

The patch should hit tomorrow to coincide with the first dlc drop Coiled Captors. Whos ready to beat up a godshark?

edited April 2022
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    The dice should be account bound yeah, but not overall luck. That make you lose it if they were specced lower than you.

Hmm? Cooperative play is instanced loot everyones drops are independent

Edit
    Patch notes are up loot die are now account wide so thank god for that
    https://playwonderlands.2k.com/news/tiny-tinas-wonderlands-update-notes/

King Riptor on
    Xeddicus wrote: »

Hmm? Cooperative play is instanced loot everyones drops are independent

Edit
    Patch notes are up loot die are now account wide so thank god for that
    https://playwonderlands.2k.com/news/tiny-tinas-wonderlands-update-notes/

He asked if the host would determine the loot luck, so the 2nd player's loot drops would drop less/more regardless what dropped for player 2 or what their drop chances are. Maybe that wasn't the intention, but that situation wouldn't be good overall.

The patch seems to have fixed all/most of the issues I can think of, so good job Gearbox.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    The final chest in the Chaos Chamber's Endless Dungeon will now drop 14 Moon Orb Stacks.

That's not very endless at all.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular

On one hand, new Tales!
    On the other hand, Gearbox developed.
    On the third hard, new characters!
    On the fourth hand, Gearbox writers.

I...hm. I dunno? I think I would need more details on it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    So default Chums is harder than I expected. Not liking this one life bs but its a short run
    I got a rad chaptic sheild that makes a lightning clone on ward break from the wheel though.

• PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Beat Wonderlands tonight and man; it was a delight from start to finish. I definitely hope there’s more in the tank like this. I may prefer it to borderlands. Dragon Lord was great. Tina was great. The party was great.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
    The bug fixes are good, but this DLC is as anemic as I expected and not even worth the $20 for the 4 I paid if they're all like this. Bah.

What happened to the stuff like we got in 3...

Covid. They said as much in the credits. Season pass 2 will likely be more fleshed out

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Are there any tricks to cross platform play? My PS5 friend and I (PC) have been trying to connect, but we can't add each other as Shift friends. I can see him, but get an error when I try to add him. I can see popup messages that he wants to be Shift friends with me, but I can't interact with the message and there doesn't seem to be any sort of inbox for friend requests.

EDIT THE FIRST: Specifically, I've gotten to a point where I can see the friend request, but when I click to accept:
    o8cnpcy.png

EDIT THE SECOND: We are finally on each other's friend lists. But we each appear as offline to the other, so we can't invite each other into our games. Any advice here? That was an hour and a half poorly spent. :(

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    Covid. They said as much in the credits. Season pass 2 will likely be more fleshed out

They could have said as much when they offered it for sale. I should have realized it be shit with it being a bit cheaper than last go around.

This'll teach me not to buy season passes until DLC 1 is out like you shouldn't pre-order games. Alas.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Yeah that DLC is pretty poor in all honesty. What a disappointment.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Started Tiny Tina's at least, sans buying the season pass I should note and am absolutely loving the game. It's written well and actually funny, so it's an immediate step up from Borderlands 3 and something feels really good about the general combat that was lacking before. The improved melee options, spells and such are just enough of a shake up that it feels really good. Very much enjoying the game so far.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    How do you start the DLC? I downloaded it, but I haven't seen any new quest markers or anything in the game.

Lucascraft wrote: »
    How do you start the DLC? I downloaded it, but I haven't seen any new quest markers or anything in the game.

Oh there arent any because they half assed the entire implementation. Its by the Back stabber guy.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I feel like they need a do-over on this DLC.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    The poor reception of this DLC is a bummer. For the most part, DLC quality has been such a strength of the franchise.

Oh well. Hopefully they'll make amends downstream.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    Brolo wrote: »
    I feel like they need a do-over on this DLC.

I feel like they needed another 6 months for this dlc

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular

Oh there arent any because they half assed the entire implementation. Its by the Back stabber guy.

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that I have no idea where the back stabber guy is...

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that I have no idea where the back stabber guy is...

Go towards the starter area with ribula its by the shrine on that path