As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Battletech] New KS - 23 Mar!

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    TO: Ufficio del Capo dell'Agenzia di Logistica Militare
    SUBJECT: I CANNOT BUILD OMNIMECHS!!!!!!!!

I do not know how many freaking times I need to spell this out to you people! My company DID NOT and CAN NOT build OmniMechs!!! Onay uildbay omnimechsyay!!!!

Again, for the thousandth time, Lucciano Industriale merely built BATTLEMECHS for the Jade Falcons. Not OmniMechs but BattleMechs! BattleMechs that THEIR ENGINEERS DESIGNED!!! Just because a Mech was designed by a Clanner does not automatically make it an OmniMech!

Even if my company were to restart production of these Jade Falcon BattleMechs they would be of NO USE to Montefeltro because they lack CRITICAL COMPONENTS that were supplied to us by Jade Falcon. And I don't know if you have noticed, but there seems to be a DISTINCT LACK of Jade Falcons nowadays.

And no, I nor anyone in my company has any idea where these critical components came from. Jade Falcon did not think to share it with us. They merely dropped off the supply of components and picked up the finished products.

If you wish for this factory complex to resume producing BattleMechs (and I know you do) one of two things need to happen.

Either;

A: Find a supplier for these critical components, good luck with that
    or
    B: Provide funding to retool the production line to build the Mechs you want

Attached is the list of critical components required and a cost estimate for retooling. I truly do not care which option you go with JUST MAKE A DECISION!

And stop enquiring about OmniMechs!!!!!!!!

Graziella Alfonso
    CEO Lucciano Industriale

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    @Nips, or anyone else who uses MegaMekLab, if you set the era to 3049, under the faction drop down, can you see why there are three "Federated Commonwealth" listings? There's more text on each line, but it cuts off on mine so I can't read it. Logically I'm assuming that two of them are for former Lyran and Fed Suns units, but what would the third be?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    @Nips, or anyone else who uses MegaMekLab, if you set the era to 3049, under the faction drop down, can you see why there are three "Federated Commonwealth" listings? There's more text on each line, but it cuts off on mine so I can't read it. Logically I'm assuming that two of them are for former Lyran and Fed Suns units, but what would the third be?

Federated Commonwealth (Combined)
    Federated Commonwealth (Davion)
    Federated Commonwealth (Steiner)

Federated Commonwealth Corps is also a sub faction of Federated Commonwealth (Combined)

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Thanks.

I can't figure out what's up with MML on my desktop, but I can't find a way to adjust the display size for anything, and it stays the same when I set it to full screen. So on mine all I could see was "Federated Commonwealth (" three times. I'm on version 0.44.0 if it matters.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Axen, why can't they make Omnimechs?!

This is the future. Isn't eveything Omnimechs and XXL Double Heatsinks?

This future sucks. This is total BS!

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    I neglected to talk about BT night last week! For shame.

Broke open the Beginner’s box and found a few mechs that would fit right in power-wise with the Griffin and Wolverine. My brother and I picked the Griffin Classic and I nabbed a Phoenix Hawk while the noobs went with the Blackjack-1 and Sentinel-3KA. This was their first time playing and they did real well! Solid tactical thinking on their part, and I would say we technically lost by the time we ran out of time; they got to see the awful things that happen when you cut off a torso with an arm that carries the important guns. We went with the beginner rules and they grokked then pretty much immediately. Next time they’re gonna learn about things like heat and physical attacks and piloting rolls. It’ll be great!

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    MiniTech, a company that put out some 1/285 Robotech (Macross) minis a couple years ago, are now doing a Kickstarter for a whole miniatures game.

I want two of everything. Yes, even the SDF-1.

Also, figured out my next 3D print project... some "destroids".

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    I saw the Kickstarter when it launched. The models are nice, and they clearly have a solid pedigree with their modeling and production. But not being a superfan of the IP, there's zero chance I'd be interested at those prices; at $58+S&H (20% off from retail!) for the equivalent of a Beginner Box (albeit with more figures), I have a hard time even justifying going in on the low end to try the game out.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    That is pretty neat. I love the SDF-1 in both modes. Wish they had it actually transform, but understand that they probably don't want to do that for a miniatures game.

I'll stick with the bigger toys for now. Mainly because I already got two boxes of the old Palladium game that are wasting space in my house.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    In case anyone's interested, the Premium Wolfhound IIc is back in stock at the CGL store.

https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/collections/battletech/products/battletech-wolfhound-xx-premium-miniature

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    In case anyone's interested, the Premium Wolfhound IIc is back in stock at the CGL store.

https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/collections/battletech/products/battletech-wolfhound-xx-premium-miniature

@H3Knuckles

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    edited April 2022

Betsuni wrote: »

H3Knuckles

And ordered. Thanks for the (echidna or bird?) signal, @Betsuni

Got the digital copies of Strategic Ops and Tamar Rising as well while I was at it. I'd have liked to get the physical books, but its a lot cheaper this way, and I'm probably going to have to move to a smaller place within the next two years so I should try to limit how much physical stuff I get.

Looking at the advanced aerospace rules in Strat Ops, I felt like the guy in the window in the 'sickos' meme. Now I just need to relearn java and gui design so I can make my own MegaSpaceLab or Solaris Space Works equivalent, since no one else is making a 'build your own jumpship/warship app'.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    I could've sworn I saw MML supporting or working on starship design functionality at one point. Then again, I've not paid that close attention, so maybe not.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    The version of MML I have has support for ASF, small craft, and dropships, but not starships.

I also seem to recall that some software did support warships in the past, but AFAIK nothing currently does.

Edit: I stand corrected, as of stable candidate 0.48.0, MML does support jumpships and warships now! Space stations as well!

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    https://www.ariesgamesandminis.com/index.php/shopping/product/4637-miniature-force-pack-hansens-roughriders-battle-lance.html

well here we go boys. looks like unit packs are going to be 1 new mech and reposes going forward, which is fairly disappointing. HOWEVER, in this case i will make an exception for the sole fact that the new mech is the Penetrator. I'll take 4 boxes please.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Do you guys think Clan Sea Fox sells Sea Fox plushies?

Oh my God!

Build-a-Ghost-Bear!!!

• Options
    edited April 2022
    It's not every day I see an honest-to-god leak from CGL

It looks like they might be working on new plushies.

They should do plushes for the Clan totem animals.
    • Wolf pup
    • Ghost Bear cub
    • Jade eyas (falcon chick)
    • Smoke Jaguar cub
    • Nova kitty
    • Steel egg
    • Hell's foal
    • Diamond shark pup (alternatively, whatever you'd call a baby Seafox; they're reptiles not mammals, IIRC)

Edit: Great minds think alike.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Hey wait, do you guys think the currency everyone will start using as a replacement for the C-Bill will be called the Sea-Bill?

• Options
  • Options
    And holy sweet mother of Kerenski... Mercs kickstarter in the fall... Prepare your Sea-Bills

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Oh man, at least 50 new Mechs and AND Combat Vehicles!? Oooooh, yeah things are really looking good for ol' BattleTech. And that BattleTech: Universe lore tome is an absolute instant purchase for me.

The upcoming ilClan sourcebooks are sounding real nice too and if they are half as good as Tamar Rising they'll be worth the price. Though I do hope they are as good as if not better.

edit- The Chatterweb is gonna be real busy with jubilant celebration.

Axen on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah definitely buying a couple of those boxes.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Axen wrote: »
    Oh man, at least 50 new Mechs and AND Combat Vehicles!? Oooooh, yeah things are really looking good for ol' BattleTech. And that BattleTech: Universe lore tome is an absolute instant purchase for me.

The upcoming ilClan sourcebooks are sounding real nice too and if they are half as good as Tamar Rising they'll be worth the price. Though I do hope they are as good as if not better.

Cataylist lost/is losing the shadow run license cash cow I think. So they gotta make $$$.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    SWEET FUCKING CHRIST THAT'S TOO MUCH BATTLETECH PRODUCT FOR ONE YEAR! I CAN'T HANDLE IT!

Cataylist lost/is losing the shadow run license cash cow I think. So they gotta make $$$.

Citation needed, please.

• Options
    Think they'll have a canon character add-on for this Kickstarter? :p

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Oh boy that kickstarter looks dangerous.

Also, Gray Death Legion ForcePack with no Marauder? Boo! It ought to be Marauder/Shadow Hawk/Rifleman/Warhammer. Or Shadowhawk/Locust/Rifleman/Wolverine.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Yeah, quite a few of the merc packs mechs seemed like odd choices for their outfits. No Archer in either the Wolf's Dragoons nor the Kell Hounds is wrong.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Guys they literally had Legendary sculpts for those....legends. Like, there's more to all those outfits than their one dude in that one robot.

And if my secondary market experience has taught me anything, it's that nobody fucking wants Archers. It's the only sculpt I still have ALL OF since breaking a punch of packs into singles to sell. Hell, Valkyries are selling faster.

• Options
    An Archer is just a slightly better Catapult but without the style.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    I would have thought the desire for NuSeen Classics would have driven demand, but I guess that only applies to bugs, Whammies, and Marauders.

Nips on
  • Options
    I have two Marauders already but I could use a fifth.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Wait, there was an Archer in the Wolfs Dragoon Assault Star. Indeed it was the special -W variant

• Options
    edited April 2022
    ...huh, I forgot that. Mine are all packed away as I haven't really had a chance to use them yet. Egg on my face.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Oh shit oh fuck

This thing is supposedly massive so I can't wait to see what Fiesta Pail powered glory they have brought us

https://youtu.be/8YsiYNJFyQQ

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Valkyries are cool, though. Fun little scout/harasser mech. Could use a bigger backup gun, but that era was all about sacrifice and priorities.

I wish there was a 40 ton mech, between the Valkyrie and the Griffin, with an LL and an MRM-10. 6/9/6 and with the standard compliment of double heat sinks it can full jump every turn and never generate heat. Could probably pack in more stuff like LFE and FF and get an MRM-20 in there, still basically heat neutral.

I feel like that would be an extremely annoying mech to deal with if you're also a scout.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Tox wrote: »
    Valkyries are cool, though. Fun little scout/harasser mech. Could use a bigger backup gun, but that era was all about sacrifice and priorities.

I wish there was a 40 ton mech, between the Valkyrie and the Griffin, with an LL and an MRM-10. 6/9/6 and with the standard compliment of double heat sinks it can full jump every turn and never generate heat. Could probably pack in more stuff like LFE and FF and get an MRM-20 in there, still basically heat neutral.

I feel like that would be an extremely annoying mech to deal with if you're also a scout.

That's basically a Griffin IIC since clan LRMs don't have minimum range. 40 tons, 6/9/6, ERLL, ERSL, 4x LRM5.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Assassin ASN-LI1

Mass: 40 tons
    Armor: 5 tons
    Armament: 1 MRM 10, 1 Large Laser
    Walking MP: 6
    Running MP: 9
    Jumping MP: 6
    Double Heat Sink: 10
    BV: 857
    Cost: 3,664,080 C-bills

Seeing a market need for a cheap, reliable and effective harasser for Periphery Militias, Lucciano Industriale developed the Assassin ASN-LI1.

Equipped with Franco Industrie's Malocchio Large Laser in its right arm and their newly developed Tuono MRM-10 with two tons of ammo in the left torso complete with CASE allows the ASN-LI1 to punch above its weight or to be the ruin of any scout Mechs or light vehicles. Protected by five tons of Missaglias Armatura's Scudo-80 standard armor provides the ASN-LI1 with respectable defense for its size. Powered by De Luca-Zanotti Motori's DLZ-240 Fusion Engine this model is somewhat slower than the ASN-21, but with six Jump Jets and ten Double Heat Sinks the ASN-LI1 can rapidly hit and fade throughout an engagement.

edit- @Tox I must thank you because I had been kicking around ideas for what my Lucciano Industriale could build Mech wise. I didn't want anything expensive, min-maxed (which is REAL hard not to do), or specific to a singular manufacturer. I also wanted to keep it in the Light/Medium category and with mostly standard equipment. Now I need to decide on a Light Mech, I am leaning towards the Stinger. Something ubiquitous and cheap to build.

Axen on
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    SWEET FUCKING CHRIST THAT'S TOO MUCH BATTLETECH PRODUCT FOR ONE YEAR! I CAN'T HANDLE IT!

Citation needed, please.

Scuttlebutt from my industry insider buddy that just bought our FLGS a couple weeks ago. Swear this dude knows everyone, and surprised there are so many people around here in the industry, specifically worked on battletech products. Won his bloodname against Randall Bills back in the 90s.

Anyway, the story goes when Topps was bought by Fanatics they were selling off the IP that wasnt trading card related, Catalyst immediately snatched up the Battletech rights, but somehow the shadowrun license fell by the wayside and by the time they realized it the bidding for it was already up over $3 million dollars.

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    At least from easily-searchable public sources, this seems still very up in the air. If CGL loses the SR license though, oof. They don't have a lot of pillars to stand on, and while my understanding is that SR as of late has had problems (production, distribution, critical reception), I hate to see them lose it; they've seemed like good shepherds of the IP.

All eggs in the Battletech basket does not seem long-term sustainable for the health of CGL.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Agreed. I'm all in on whatever kickstarter they throw our way, but I can't go balls deep like the last one. They need to grow the community.

Buddy is already making changes like getting the game tables out of the basement and putting them front and center. I guess there is a BT grognard group, but they always gamed in private at the store. I told him if he has a 4x8 table by the BT merch I'll gladly slap my big ass hex mat down with my buildings and hills and play up there.

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png