As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Legends of Runeterra] Definitely not Neeko! Nope!

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I was able to pull off the thing today!

9ssgw8ghxpgj.png

9 skills on the stack only allowed my opponent to counter with Burst speed spells (which they did with a Quicksand). Pretty crazy blowout turn there.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    LoR twitter drama yesterday with Swim being outed as a manipulative and toxic piece of shit. He called out his ex-girlfriend by name on a now-deleted stream because he was "confused" as to what was going on. She responded by putting out a 43-page document explaining tons of examples of his manipulations, including lots Discord chat messages as proof. Other people have come forward to verify he's been awful to them as well.

So yeah, that's a thing that happened.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Today I learned an important lesson that almost all the cards in the Emperor's Deck have "Draw a Card" on them. I drew through my deck and made it so I would draw my last card on a non-attack turn. My board of 6 thick minions was lethal.

Thankfully, my opponent wasn't looking at my deck size at all and quit since they assumed I had open lethal. :D

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Today I learned an important lesson that almost all the cards in the Emperor's Deck have "Draw a Card" on them. I drew through my deck and made it so I would draw my last card on a non-attack turn. My board of 6 thick minions was lethal.

Thankfully, my opponent wasn't looking at my deck size at all and quit since they assumed I had open lethal. :D

Yeah it's kinda the double-edged sword with that deck and you gotta be really careful. It seriously undermines the power of the deck IMHO because while on the one hand it's really good to be able to play so many cards, on the other hand it super sucks to have good game-winning cards in hand that you can't play because they'll mill you to death.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    This week is more control stuff. I would have done Sun Disc over Timelines but I didn't want to craft a third Xerath, my 96 champion wildcards are too priceless.

Match Score (4-0)
    Game Score (8-1)

Dresbo Singleton (3-0, 1 ban)
    CEBQCAICBQBAEAQDAUBAGBADAUDACAIEDMAQEAQJAEBQEFABAMCAIAIEAQDQEAICAIYQSAIBAIMACAIEHAAQGAQIAEBQIDIBAQBBIAIFAIBACBIECQBAEAQGA4BAEBABBA
    This isn't literally a singleton deck, but it runs a large number of 1-of tech cards. Is this actually optimal? Probably not, but it can be interesting to play with cards that are fringe playable. Dresbo has been playing a deck like this since Rising Tides and he hit Rank 1 NA with this list earlier in the week.

Aphelios Lux (4-1, 0 bans)
    CIBQCBIABQBACAAGFIBQGCKJMDMQCBABAIAACAIDAAHAEAIABENAKAYJC4RTGVCWAQAQCAAPAEBQSVIBAUABIAIFBEFA
    With Vi in the Dresbo list, this is the second best Aphelios list.

Freljord Timelines (1-0, 3 bans)
    CQCQCAIEFUAQGAIGAECQVGABAECQIGACAQCAUEAGAEBQICYBAUCBMAQBAEBQWAQBAQNTIAQDAEBAGAQEAEFAYAQBAECCOAIEAECQ
    This is just Gnarlines with Gnar subbed out for Jayce. Gnar is probably fine still, especially since he's really just there to soak removal and make Pointy Sticks, but people have been experimenting with this.

Notes
    Match 1
    Mono SI Ephemerals, Champless Burn, Gnar Viktor BC
    I ban Mono SI, opponent bans Timelines
    Game 1: Dresbo (W) v Champless Burn
    Game 2: Aphelios Lux (W) v Champless Burn

Match 2
    Mono Noxus, Panth Akshan, Swain Yasuo
    I ban Swain Yasuo, opponent bans Timelines
    Game 1: Dresbo (W) v Panth Akshan
    Game 2: Aphelios Lux (W) v Panth Akshan

Match 3
    Akshan Ahri, Freljord Timelines, Sun Disc
    I ban Sun Disc, opponent bans Timelines
    Game 1: Dresbo (W) v Akshan Ahri
    Game 2: Aphelios Lux (W) v Akshan Ahri

Match 4
    Sivir Akshan, Ziggs Taliyah, Overwhelm
    I ban Ziggs Taliyah, opponent bans Dresbo
    Game 1: Timelines (W) v Overwhelm
    Game 2: Aphelios Lux (L) v Overwhelm
    Game 3: Aphelios Lux (W) v Sivir Akshan

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    How do you not have all the cards yet? Also, where you at on the Prime Glory count?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    I'm at 44 on the counter.

edited April 2022
    95ckxqgeja15.png
    bfljdip5zyro.png

I reached Master's again for only my 2nd time! Mono-Shurima (Zil variant) did most of the lifting at 22-12. At D1, it was all mono-Shurima, so I switched to Pirate aggro and went 8-2 to reach the finish line.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Riot was waiting on Dover's climb to tease our next patch:

6k60hfsiymqk.jpg

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Was the bandle tree winning games or just an alt win condition if you stalled out a YiA deck?

Karma and maybe Garen are the two buffs on that list that I'm wondering what happens if you make them any stronger

PSN SeGaTai
    Bandle Tree is less OP than it is difficult to interact with. It stomped a lot of control decks that didn't have access to landmark removal, but kind of auto lost to Noxus control.

Apparently they're also buffing Vlad and Malphite, but they forgot to put them on the graphic.

edited April 2022
    Patch notes are up:

https://playruneterra.com/en-us/news/game-updates/patch-3-6-0-notes/

Massive rules change to burst passing. I'm going to accidentally pass so much just out of habit, ugh.

E: I would have made a fourth post in a row but that seems like selfishly hogging the thread.

So, the change to spell resolutions has had some interesting knock on effects.

For example, if you have leveled Ez and Swain, you can begin an attack and put fast spells on the stack, which triggers Ez at burst speed and stuns blockers immediately.

Fated units also get +1/+1 immediately upon being targeted by a buff, which is a huge buff to Panth, and Taric can buff allies at burst speed too.

Yilias on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    It's so weird Udyr didn't ship like this, the original level up was the lamest thing.

It's a new patch, which means we play 9 Decimates because everything is unoptimized.

Match Score (4-0)
    Game Score (8-2)

Pirates (3-1, 1 ban)
    CICACBIGAEBAEAYDAQBQEBQWEY6AKAIDAIGA6JJIAIAQCAZOAIBAMGR6AEAQEBRA

Spiders (1-0, 3 bans)
    CECACAYFAMBAEAYDAQBQCBJHGU4AKAIDAIGA6KBXAIAQCAZFAIBQKBAGAEAQIBIM

Burn w/ Bait Champs (4-1, 0 bans)
    CEDACAYEAUAQIAYDAECQIDACAIBQGBADAEBQEJJIAQAQIEJHGQ3AAAYBAEBRSAIDAMDQEAYEAMFQ
    I don't know how much people really fall for this or how effective it is. If I was on the receiving end I'd probably get baited, but you could arguably tell based on the rest of the lineup.

Notes
    Match 1
    Yasuo Malphite, Ziggs Taliyah, Sun Disc
    I ban Ziggs Taliyah, opponent bans Pirates
    Game 1: Spiders (W) v Yasuo Malphite
    Game 2: Burn (W) v Yasuo Malphite

Match 2
    Taliyah Malphite, Ashe LeBlanc, Viego Shurima
    I ban Viego Shurima, opponent bans Spiders
    Game 1: Pirates (W) v Taliyah Malphite
    Game 2: Burn (L) v Taliyah Malphite
    Game 3: Burn (W) v Ashe LeBlanc

Match 3
    Panth Yuumi, FTR, Ziggs Taliyah
    I ban FTR, opponent bans Spiders
    Game 1: Pirates (L) v Panth Yuumi
    Game 2: Pirates (W) v Ziggs Taliyah
    Game 3: Burn (W) v Ziggs Taliyah

Match 4
    Jarvan Garen Shurima, Udyr LeBlanc, Leona ASol
    I ban Elites, opponent bans Spiders
    Game 1: Pirates (W) v Udyr LeBlanc
    Game 2: Burn (W) v Udyr LeBlanc
    [/quote]

It's probably not good but making big dick Udyrs is very satisfying against decks with no hard removal

Coinage wrote: »
    It's probably not good but making big dick Udyrs is very satisfying against decks with no hard removal

Nudyr is looking to be pretty strong. Will see how things shake out over the coming weeks though.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    https://youtu.be/tgYRMD8-LD8

I started a series where I narrate the flavor text from the LoR cards. In the future, I’m gonna do bundles of cards with a story or cards from a specific region.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited May 2022
    Frickin Shurima plays the spellshield lady early every time. Stop it! I don't have landmark removal but I'm tilted imagining there I ran one to kill the sun disc!

Coinage on
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    ... yeah Viktor / Riven is hideous. I love it.

Viktor / Aphelios is ALMOST as good, but it's much slower. Much more control-heavy. It's nice to see Aphelios actually able to DO things again though.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    Oh, it's almost seasonals, I didn't realize the patch was so close. Cutoff is next Thursday and LCG is this weekend.

I'm pretty sure I'm automatically invited to the tournament since there aren't 700 Master's Rank players. Probably won't play though since I'm not big into the tournament stuff, especially since they last far too long. If it was like 3-4 rounds, I might consider it.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Masters pop is way up this season actually; 2343 on Americas, 2015 on EU, and 1814 on Apac.

I'm a mere rank 1468 at my current whopping 22 LP, current cutoff is 95 LP. You actually really are rank 189 at 222 LP Dover.

But yeah, when they put out a survey after the seasonal where they upped it from 5 rounds to 9 my only request was to split it up over 2 days.

Here's my second Lore of Lore video. This time, we're going to learn about Puffcaps!

https://youtu.be/1pv0VpaGDTs

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Ok, so I'm playing this game now. I tried it back in the day and have been collecting Twitch Prime rewards for a long time. Figured I'd try it out again.

I've got 8k green shards, ~10 Champion WCs, and a decent amount of the other WCs. It doesn't feel like enough to make a diverse set of decks and I don't even know what I would want to play yet, anyways.

Do I just do daily quests for a while until Ive got enough resources to start crafting what I want? About how long will that take?

ObiFett wrote: »
    Ok, so I'm playing this game now. I tried it back in the day and have been collecting Twitch Prime rewards for a long time. Figured I'd try it out again.

I've got 8k green shards, ~10 Champion WCs, and a decent amount of the other WCs. It doesn't feel like enough to make a diverse set of decks and I don't even know what I would want to play yet, anyways.

Do I just do daily quests for a while until Ive got enough resources to start crafting what I want? About how long will that take?

Just do your 3 PvP and PvE wins each day and you’ll get a level 11-12 Vault which gives 45 cards. If you keep at it and cash in your region track rewards, you'll have a respectable amount of cards in 3-4 months. That might sound like a long time, but it snowballs after that. Eventually you’ll have too many resources.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I would toss in a "don't be afraid to spend shards as wildcards" in there too, since... that's what they're there for and don't serve any other purposes with Expeditions heading out. And stuff's honestly pretty cheap? Commons only cost 100, rares 300. You could probably knock out a deck or two with that.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch

Just do your 3 PvP and PvE wins each day and you’ll get a level 11-12 Vault which gives 45 cards. If you keep at it and cash in your region track rewards, you'll have a respectable amount of cards in 3-4 months. That might sound like a long time, but it snowballs after that. Eventually you’ll have too many resources.

I dont see any quests related to PvP or PvE wins. Is that a hidden thing?

I dont see any quests related to PvP or PvE wins. Is that a hidden thing?

Yeah it's not a quest, per se. You'll just see it as a bonus for your first 3 wins each day.

In other news, I just finished with Pyke, and man is he fun once you get his first power up. Until then, it's pretty rough, but once you have it, shit is ridiculous.

I haven't been able to finish with Twisted Fate. His default deck is kinda garbage and it's pretty rough to work with. I have him completely upgraded at this point and I still can't finish the game with him. I've kinda just given up on him for now.

Wish that more of the weirder champs were in PoC because I really miss the Tahm Kench mini-game.

I’ve finished Path with Jinx, Vi, Ekko, Caitlyn, Jayce, Ahri, Nami, Pyke, TF, Irelia, Zed, and Yummi. Most of the decks are awful and need their power to become useful.

Also, every run seems to have a hard time vs Naut. Tough hard counters a lot of play styles (MF, Blade Dance, Flashbombs, etc). Really looking forward to Path 2.0 update. Just the idea of altering your starting deck alone is great.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Yeah the toughness for everyone shit is some real fucking garbage. It took me forever to get TF past him.

edited May 2022
    After reading about the regions and because I like control, planning ahead, and flexibility, (plus I love Leona), I settled on Targon being my first. I used some resources (~1k shards, 3 Champion WCs, 1 Epic WC, ~5 Rare WCs) and made this netdeck for my PvP experience: CQCQCAIADIAQEAABAEBQADQBAUFK6AIGAMERUHBWHFQGIAYBAMAAMAIEBEGQEAYJK5MAEAIBAADQCAYJKQ

oplm5qh1p95l.png

I'm on a resource spending freeze now. Giving myself time to get a feel for whats out there, but this seemed like a fun and good first deck to make that fits my playstyle. Feel free to tell me how huge of a mistake I made, lol

ObiFett on
    After reading about the regions and because I like control, planning ahead, and flexibility, (plus I love Leona), I settled on Targon being my first. I used some resources (~1k shards, 3 Champion WCs, 1 Epic WC, ~5 Rare WCs) and made this netdeck for my PvP experience: CQCQCAIADIAQEAABAEBQADQBAUFK6AIGAMERUHBWHFQGIAYBAMAAMAIEBEGQEAYJK5MAEAIBAADQCAYJKQ

oplm5qh1p95l.png

I'm on a resource spending freeze now. Giving myself time to get a feel for whats out there, but this seemed like a fun and good first deck to make that fits my playstyle. Feel free to tell me how huge of a mistake I made, lol

I haven't been on the PVP scene for a while now, others like Dover can help you there.

But as far as resources are concerned, at a certain point you almost wanna make sure you have as few common wildcards sitting around as possible. The reason is, when you open your vaults, you want to hit duplicates and get shards, so that later on you can craft champions with those shards, because champion wildcards are initially pretty scarce for you and really become the limiting factor for netdecking.

Is it worth doing challenges?

New cards revealed today in an interactive (chat voting) stream. Some pretty cool stuff shown, with a lot of support cards for existing archetypes (Deep, Lurk, handbuff, etc). I'll link the full reveal list when their up.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Is it worth doing challenges?

Yes! Although, I usually don't do the challenges until I need a little extra XP to push me to the next Vault level before it opens. But yeah, do them for sure. They'll help out with some of the newer mechanics.

As for your deck...

oplm5qh1p95l.png

That's a pretty solid, FTP starter deck that focuses on Leona/Asol. You hit all the power cards (Sharpsight, Starshaping, etc) without falling for any meme cards. Overall your deck is a fairly solid mix of Daybreak, Dragons, and Celestials. I'd only make a few suggestions:

+1 Screeching Dragon, +1 Hush, +1 Solari Sunhawk, -3 Loping Telescopes

Loping Telescope is a great card, but it doesn't really fit with what your deck is trying to do (turbo level Leona/big dragons). It also fills the same role as the Solari Priestess, but she supports Leona and gets more powerful card options (Comet is huge vs Landmarks). For those reasons, you can cut all three of them and get a third Sunhawk and Dragon, both of which are great cards. A single copy of Hush can go a long way in shutting down combo decks.

Past that, you can diverge this deck in two directions; one focusing more on Leona/Celestials or one focusing on Dragons. Basically, you'd focus your deck on having no Dragons or lots of Dragons. They both build very differently and can be a lot of fun. Dragons overall are probably a bit stronger if you're just looking for wins. Unfortunately, Leona doesn't really mesh well with Dragons, so you'd probably end up swapping her out for Shyvanna. But honestly, that just an entirely different archetype.

Overall though, great starting deck. You don't really need to add/craft much more to it. Feel free to ask any questions, I'm always happy to help! Good luck climbing up the ladder!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Starting out in Runeterra is very weird because your first few weeks feel very starved of resources. Then you start reliably building up a bank and suddenly you're struggling to hold everything you could craft. The pain points are extremely front-loaded in a pretty frustrating way. I'm glad with where it ends up, but it's a shame that still hasn't been smoothed out more. I suppose they're relying on the PVE experience nowadays to cover their bases.

liEt3nH.png
    Adding the XP boost to region roads up to a certain level certainly helped smooth out the starting grind a bit. A little more of that and I think they'll find a good sweet spot.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page