As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] with friends.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    🦕
    I remember the light of the Two Trees
    Before the Sun and Moon
    Before the Fall of Beleriand and the coming of the First Shadow

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    🦕
    Weaver wrote: »
    There were times before WASD

Yes but those times were arrowkeys with the right hand, space/ctrl/alt/etc with the left.

You don't mix that shit with the mouse.

shryke on
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    At least they arent using trackballs

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    🐁
    sorry LOTR but this intro is still hype
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVx4LafsvSU

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    🐕
    shryke wrote: »
    There were times before WASD

Yes but those times were arrowkeys with the right hand, space/ctrl/alt/etc with the left.

You don't mix that shit with the mouse.

oh no that was very short and specific time frame

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @SummaryJudgment are there no safety worries with totally sound-isolating?

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    🐳
    Tumin wrote: »

I had a friend in college that used trackballs.
    I remember NES and SNES emulators all the way back in college. 20 years ago. That stuff is old.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    🐁
    Organichu wrote: »
    SummaryJudgment are there no safety worries with totally sound-isolating?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTKZ9Gyqiyo

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I played so many SSI gold box games on that thing...

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    🐳
    Krathoon wrote: »

I had a friend in college that used trackballs.
    I remember NES and SNES emulators all the way back in college. 20 years ago. That stuff is old.

I remember NES and SNES emulators back in 99\00 being so huge.

I played so many games I would have never gotten to discover otherwise.

Little criminal that I was.

• Options
    🐕
    Zavian wrote: »
    sorry LOTR but this intro is still hype
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVx4LafsvSU

https://youtu.be/Fz2b-FoEgBg

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    🦉
    what's a good horror movie that ISN'T extra violent?

• Options
    🐕

It Follows?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    🦉

It Follows?

Hmmm, i should see that.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    SummaryJudgment are there no safety worries with totally sound-isolating?

It is extremely common (and often advised) to wear earplugs on a bike, so likely not

At non trivial speed you aren't hearing anything over the wind noise anyway, given it's loud enough to cause permanent hearing damage

• Options
    🐁
    where's my live action Henry Cavill 40K movie series already

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    🦉
    It's so beautiful. Was it insane getting a new bike rn?

I'm hoping to make a little back selling my old one since the market is so short-stocked, but yeah it was over MSRP :neutral:

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    🦉
    @SummaryJudgment are there no safety worries with totally sound-isolating?

if I'm in the city I've got my visor open so it's not as isolating (even with it closed) and if it's the highway where I really need it to cut down the wind noise decibels, you have to rely on emergency lights from an ambulance or whatever because you'd just hear wind otherwise

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    🐳

I'm hoping to make a little back selling my old one since the market is so short-stocked, but yeah it was over MSRP :neutral:

That's a great pick. I've window shopped that model several times. It'd be a beastly little thing to commute through the city with.

What's your previous bike?

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    🐳
    Apparently, they made a new Carmageddon.
    https://www.gog.com/game/carmageddon_max_damage

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    speaking of wind noise, my house is on top of a hill and we've been having periodic thunderstorms all day and it sounds constantly like I live in a haunted gothic castle

just weeeeeeooowHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOW and a crack of thunder as the trees shake and the windows rattle a bit

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    dear recipe commenters,

if your only contribution is 'I haven't made these, but they look wonderful' maybe pause and reflect before hitting post

I want to hear from people who've made them! not theorists!

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    🐈
    dear recipe commenters,

if your only contribution is 'I haven't made these, but they look wonderful' maybe pause and reflect before hitting post

I haven’t made those kinds of posts but they sound wonderful

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    speaking of wind noise, my house is on top of a hill and we've been having periodic thunderstorms all day and it sounds constantly like I live in a haunted gothic castle

just weeeeeeooowHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOW and a crack of thunder as the trees shake and the windows rattle a bit

You should take the opportunity to get some brooding in

• Options
    dear recipe commenters,

I made these and they were terrible, even though I substituted all but three of the ingredients and added two more

• Options
    🦉
    Jokerman wrote: »

That's a great pick. I've window shopped that model several times. It'd be a beastly little thing to commute through the city with.

What's your previous bike?

Honda CB500F. I've got a type :smile:

pTkpWGAh.jpg

I just wanted a little more
    -VjuSBfh.jpg
    the wind is rough on both, but on the 700 you've got the power to deal, and I can pass people on 2-lane rural roads on the 700 that I won't on the 500 since the 500 has me hanging out too long in opposing lane.

• Options
    Midsommar is a bit gory but not...violent? I dunno. V good though.
    Run

• Options
    🐕

It Follows?

Hmmm, i should see that.

https://youtu.be/reMwL8uYXps

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    🦕
    japan wrote: »
    dear recipe commenters,

I made these and they were terrible, even though I substituted all but three of the ingredients and added two more

Yes, those people are worse.

• Options
    🐁

some movies I think are more disturbing than violent/gory would be Under The Skin, The Shining, A Quiet Place (I haven't seen the sequel), The Frighteners (I forget if there's violence in it, it's more of a horror comedy), Contagion, Trollhunter and Bubba Hotep (which is more horror comedy than horror)

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Tremors
    Tremors 2

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Recipe commenters cant be trusted anyway

What if they're provocateurs from another blog tryng to sabotage the recipe with alteration traps

Tumin on
  • Options
    🦉

It Follows?

Hmmm, i should see that.

https://youtu.be/reMwL8uYXps

i'm sold on that one from the trailer.

• Options
    If you want ultraviolence the thinky tech thriller Possessor is fun and also Arya Stark in The Owners are very good

Oh NOT ultraviolence?

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

What if they're provocateurs from another blog tryng to sabotage the recipe with alteration traps

sometimes they're good! the nyt recipes especially surface like, the top 3 comments, and usually it's some small adjustment that lots of people agree is an improvement (or a comment that says made as-is, don't fuck around)

anywhoo my pavolvas are cooling in the oven and the lemon curd is cooling in the fridge, and I fucking love a recipe that uses equal numbers of egg whites and egg yolks

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    🦉
    logan's run is on hbo so why not

the story of a man who can't accept living the consequences of the society he forces others to abide

classic boomer tale

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    🐕
    Watch Resolution, then The Endless, then do some mind alterring substance of choice and watch Primer

• Options

sometimes they're good! the nyt recipes especially surface like, the top 3 comments, and usually it's some small adjustment that lots of people agree is an improvement (or a comment that says made as-is, don't fuck around)

anywhoo my pavolvas are cooling in the oven and the lemon curd is cooling in the fridge, and I fucking love a recipe that uses equal numbers of egg whites and egg yolks

The NY Post sends its rEGGards

• Options
    🐁
    If you want ultraviolence the thinky tech thriller Possessor is fun and also Arya Stark in The Owners are very good

Oh NOT ultraviolence?

q7wpaj68e1yh.png

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    japan wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

You should take the opportunity to get some brooding in

if i had a girlfriend this would be a great time to take her aside and tell her that she is never, ever to open the door to the locked bedroom

This discussion has been closed.