As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I cancelled my Pulse pre-order for Motormaster and went with Target. I did put in an Amazon pre-order just in case Target screws me by cancelling my pre-order.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    It's because all Funko collectors are incredibly ridiculously good looking
    wri78yuld710.jpg

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    BBTS finally shipped the stuff I bought last fall. Glad to finally be free of that website. (I had store credit tied up in these last orders, so I couldn't just cancel and go elsewhere.)

I do not know what took them so long to get Tigatron in stock given he's been available at places like Hasbro Pulse for months now.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Ketar wrote: »

"My favorite toys are better than your favorite toys" has big 3rd Grader Energy

Delzhand on
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Humor. How does it work?

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    If that tweet is a joke then pretend I'm replying to one of the nigh identical serious comments on the original tweet

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    The Funko collector allows himself carpet because he will never need to spend hours searching for a cubic millimeter of plastic perfectly shaded to match that carpet.
    The Gunpla collector keeps their wooden floor perfectly dusted, and has perfectly trained their ears to detect where that plastic piece has bounced.

I pre-ordered this bad boy from Japan yesterday. So of course it pops up for pre-orders in the US.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/203334

oosik_betsuni.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Damnit arcadia what about the preorder I've had open for a year?!?!?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I pre-ordered this bad boy from Japan yesterday. So of course it pops up for pre-orders in the US.

I am debating. On the one hand, I want more Valks. On the other, ordering destroids almost assures there will be more Valks.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

Athenor wrote: »
    Damnit arcadia what about the preorder I've had open for a year?!?!?

Which one? The YF-19? If that was the one they posted that it is delayed indefinitely. Not sure if it is because of COVID, Ukraine, or any other issues.
    HexDex wrote: »

I am debating. On the one hand, I want more Valks. On the other, ordering destroids almost assures there will be more Valks.

You could always say that is Max piloting the Tomahawk. Play like it is a Battletech Warhammer. So multiple toys in one.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Aw. Damnit... I hadn't heard that. Sigh... Guess I go back to another 10 years of waiting.

Grr... I passed up on a Yamato Vf-1s last year thinking that the yf-19 would be coming soon.

Ah well. Someday.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Titan Class Legacy Metroplex (Cybertron) has been unveiled.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/04/19/transformers-legacy-titan-cybertron-metroplex-official-reveal-454121

He's still a giant robot that curls over to make his alt mode. Only now with a $180 price tag!

That said, there seems to be a ton of articulation, some really cool thought out new play features, and a much more involved transformation (even with Hasbro's padding). So... we'll see. I wonder what more gimmicks it will get though. And, of course, the scale is super important.

• see317see317 Registered User regular

https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/04/19/transformers-legacy-titan-cybertron-metroplex-official-reveal-454121

He's still a giant robot that curls over to make his alt mode. Only now with a $180 price tag!

That said, there seems to be a ton of articulation, some really cool thought out new play features, and a much more involved transformation (even with Hasbro's padding). So... we'll see. I wonder what more gimmicks it will get though. And, of course, the scale is super important.
    The pictures show it has an articulated mouth. So, if that's a deal maker for you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOgZwk9rN8

Yeah, the mouth is a nice touch. The head rotating around to the masked side is a bit cheap... and it doesn't look like the excavator splits like the original does. In fact, the lack of the cyber key gimmicks and the mini-con seem like strange omissions. Not deal-breakers for me personally, but still strange given the price.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

Looks like $200

Pretty disappointing release imo

At least the Marvel side had a ton of great reveals today

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited April 2022
    Also no minicon.

But there's Inferno getting wrecked on the boxart!

Undead Scottsman on
    Aw. Damnit... I hadn't heard that. Sigh... Guess I go back to another 10 years of waiting.

Grr... I passed up on a Yamato Vf-1s last year thinking that the yf-19 would be coming soon.

Ah well. Someday.

Looks like it is moving forward again. Sooo maybe it might still launch this year!

255x2p2q9g1w.png

This was from Arcadia's Twitter.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Stop playing with my heart, Betsuni!

edited April 2022
    Sunk cost is a funny thing.

I balked at spending $20 for a WFC Wheeljack upgrade kit, and $50 for a Studio Series Grimlock upgrade kit, but I'm looking at an upgrade kit for the Ark, a toy I've already spent like $175 on, and I'm way more okay with the idea of spending an additional $40 to kit it out.

Undead Scottsman on
    Stop playing with my heart, Betsuni!

It is like the Internet is watching my every post. Trust me, I already wrote it off and was happy to see someone post that information.

I balked at spending $20 for a WFC Wheeljack upgrade kit, and $50 for a Studio Series Grimlock upgrade kit, but I'm looking at an upgrade kit for the Ark, a toy I've already spent like $175 on, and I'm way more okay with the idea of spending an additional $40 to kit it out.

For me, it would be the percentage of the original toy. Either that or just flat out desire for something. Sort of like how I bought the toyhax sticker set for my Masterpiece Prowl to make him like like the toy version while I couldn't buy the set for MP Ramjet. At least I can share this with others here because it makes no sense.

oosik_betsuni.png

To be fair, and speaking as someone who has that particular kit ordered for a few months now... The Ark really needs it. I am not a fan of where Hasbro decided to go cheap on their Titans. If anything, I'm hoping that the price bump on Metroplex means they'll fill in more stuff, though that unfortunate screw hole in the excavator wheel is making me angry.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The other day I got Revan!
    1wseo3l907xr.png
    I had to go back to work for some unfun stuff today but I felt it was worth it as i got 3 more of the Gi Joes
    pyeyns8blvlb.png
    I like how the B.A.T. has battle damage items with their gear but I was impressed with the Alley Viper as it is tempting to go get another to open
    I know I will make fun of the fact if they do an Eel or snow serpent I will buy more than one of them

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah that BAT is really cool. I’m pretty frustrated Hasbro caved to the loud complainers though and cut back on the more modern designs for Classified. The updated look for the Alley Viper was better, but now we’re basically just getting the 80s designs but bigger

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Got pretty toasted last night, watched a retrospective on the Transformers, remembered how much I loved Bumblebee as a child and decided to pick up some of those Buzzworthy Bumblebee figures (Names the Core Class version that comes with a micro-spike and the Cybertronian "Origin" version) from ebay.

The core class was only like $2.50 above retail and had free shipping, so I was pretty jazzed about that. Was less jazzed when the seller contacted me to say that the back of the package was entirely torn off, despite the listing saying it was new and sealed. He offered me a refund, so I told him to send me some pictures, and everything looks like it's there; Bee even has the plastic string thingy keeping him in the plastic bubble. I probably should have gotten the refund, but really, I'm just going to tear that thing open anyway and it was a couple bucks cheaper than anyone else was selling it, so I just had him ship it.

I'm wondering if I should have held his feet to the fire due to the bad listing? He did offer a refund right away though.

Sounds like a seller that knows the rules. Reason I say that is the famous, "item not as described" is a seller's worst nightmare on eBay. eBay will always side with the buyer on that and either force a partial refund or at worse eBay themselves give a full refund.

Man, I wish I knew you wanted an origins one since I stupidly bought a duplicate of him. Would have sold you him for cost and shipping. He was shelf warming here for a while.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Sounds like a seller that knows the rules. Reason I say that is the famous, "item not as described" is a seller's worst nightmare on eBay. eBay will always side with the buyer on that and either force a partial refund or at worse eBay themselves give a full refund.

Man, I wish I knew you wanted an origins one since I stupidly bought a duplicate of him. Would have sold you him for cost and shipping. He was shelf warming here for a while.

it was a very spur of the moment decision. I had zero intention to get those guys 24 hours ago.

Ah a moment of weakness. :D I have a few 3P Transformers shipping soon due to that.

I just got the core class Skywarp recently and really love these guys for the price. Sadly I hate how he doesn't come with his null rays (guns) but comes with a handle for a sword. Now I either have to 3D print my own or leave him in jet mode.

I also impulse bought the Bumblebee movie Shockwave and am having fun fiddling with him too. He actually has a pretty good amount of articulation.

oosik_betsuni.png
    The Legacy wave 2 announcements pushed me down a pretty far Transformers hole. (I may or may not have watched the '86 movie twice since then) and I'm seriously considering hooking up my 360 to play the old Cybertron games.

I've also been looking at reviews for various TF toys and a commonly occurring theme is... these guys are all dudes. Like, ALL of them. Are there any prominent lady Transformers fans out there doing reviews? Sadly, trying to search for this kind of thing just turns out reviews of female transformers.

War for Cybertron had a decent campaign and amazing multi. I’m sad it’s dead and no other multi will play like that.

Fall of Cybertron had a fantastic campaign. I replayed that not too long ago.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    The Legacy wave 2 announcements pushed me down a pretty far Transformers hole. (I may or may not have watched the '86 movie twice since then) and I'm seriously considering hooking up my 360 to play the old Cybertron games.

I've also been looking at reviews for various TF toys and a commonly occurring theme is... these guys are all dudes. Like, ALL of them. Are there any prominent lady Transformers fans out there doing reviews? Sadly, trying to search for this kind of thing just turns out reviews of female transformers.

You know... I never realized till now that all the Transformers reviewers are male. Time for some female fan to start reviewing (I know there are female fans out there) and get a ton of views.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    The only time I've ever seen a woman reviewing Transformers was a Chinese reviewer who puts videos up on Chinese social media (a couple of her 3rd party reviews from... Weibo, I think? were linked on the TFW2005 forums). On the TFW forums, at least in the 3P subforum, the posters are overwhelmingly men, or at least don't ever identify themselves as women.

I at least take some solace in the fact that the men reviewing Transformers aren't all white dudes.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Legitimately the Wave 2 previews have really cooled me off on the Legacy line.

Motormaster strikes me as a "I'll never find him at retail" drop with a pricetag that makes getting him from other sources exceptionally unlikely.

Blitzwing is probably the worst looking version of him I've seen in the last 3-4 releases

edited April 2022
    Nobody wrote: »
    Legitimately the Wave 2 previews have really cooled me off on the Legacy line.

Motormaster strikes me as a "I'll never find him at retail" drop with a pricetag that makes getting him from other sources exceptionally unlikely.

Blitzwing is probably the worst looking version of him I've seen in the last 3-4 releases

You can still find Rodimus online in most places, and they did reprintings of Skyfire, so I would be surprised if Motormaster is super hard to find.

You preorder MM with free shipping from Entertainment Earth still.

Undead Scottsman on
    edited April 2022
    The only prominent female transformers fan I can think of online is Lindsay Ellis, and.. well.. yeah, she was treated like crap so...

I was going to post this in the gunpla thread. But... turns out, no!

I was out today just doing some hunting in another town, and stopped in Barnes and Noble. And I saw something I knew I couldn't pass on.

irDiISZh.jpg

I look over the box, and I'm like.. okay. Expensive, sure. No scale markings, which is a bit weird. But it's the Swordfish II, which is pretty damned iconic. I decide to pick it up, and post it to my facebook group.

A friend's like "Damn, that's cool, but I've always passed on getting it in the store because of the price. That said, I thought this was an action figure? Why are you posting it here?

... Lo and behold, he was right!

lxO5CV6h.jpg

Whelp! So much for my thoughts of needing to assemble it, gloss paint it, make it all shiny... looks like all that's been done for me already.

Not that I'm upset. Just.. wasn't expecting it, is all!

It still looks good.

bqopqEoh.jpg

HaBdWMUh.jpg

I also saw the NECA Goliath figure from Gargoyles. And had to fight every urge to pick that one up. I loved my exposure to Gargoyles, but it was a bit after my time of childhood cartoons, and I never followed it terribly closely. But they may still be in my future. Turns out it wasn't horribly expensive.

Athenor on
    I just realized I have never watched the entire Bebop series till now.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what you mean by "a pricetag that makes getting him from other sources exceptionally unlikely". Are you saying that you're not sure if you'll be able to find him for retail price at online stores? Because you can currently pre-order him from:
    Big Bad Toy Store - https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/201976
    The Chosen Prime - https://www.thechosenprime.com/tfglcmdmotormaster
    ToyDojo - https://toydojo.com/products/transformers-legacy-commander-decepticon-motormaster
    TFSource - https://tfsource.com/tfsource/commander-class-motormaster-transformers-generations-legacy/

All for $90, which I think is the retail price? I'm pretty sure all of these offer no-money-down, cancel-any-time pre-orders (BBTS and TCP do for sure, I think ToyDojo does as well, and I think TFSource does it only if you use their "order stacking" option). I've shopped a ton at all of these places, and can vouch for all of them (to be fair, TFSource has a questionable reputation regarding jacking up the price on hard-to-get 3P items, and BBTS frequently gets stock in waaay after other online retailers). All but ToyDojo also allow order stacking, so you can let them hold on to your items until you're ready to ship; useful because all but BBTS also do free shipping on orders $150 or more, so you can let your Motormaster sit there until you've accrued $60 more in additional purchases, and then ship it all for free.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    It's because all Funko collectors are incredibly ridiculously good looking
    *edit snip*

It says something that the thing that confirms to me that is actually you in the photo is not the Funko Pops, but the VHS Anime collection below.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you mean by "a pricetag that makes getting him from other sources exceptionally unlikely". Are you saying that you're not sure if you'll be able to find him for retail price at online stores? Because you can currently pre-order him from:
    Big Bad Toy Store - https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/201976
    The Chosen Prime - https://www.thechosenprime.com/tfglcmdmotormaster
    ToyDojo - https://toydojo.com/products/transformers-legacy-commander-decepticon-motormaster
    TFSource - https://tfsource.com/tfsource/commander-class-motormaster-transformers-generations-legacy/

All for $90, which I think is the retail price? I'm pretty sure all of these offer no-money-down, cancel-any-time pre-orders (BBTS and TCP do for sure, I think ToyDojo does as well, and I think TFSource does it only if you use their "order stacking" option). I've shopped a ton at all of these places, and can vouch for all of them (to be fair, TFSource has a questionable reputation regarding jacking up the price on hard-to-get 3P items, and BBTS frequently gets stock in waaay after other online retailers). All but ToyDojo also allow order stacking, so you can let them hold on to your items until you're ready to ship; useful because all but BBTS also do free shipping on orders $150 or more, so you can let your Motormaster sit there until you've accrued $60 more in additional purchases, and then ship it all for free.

More like I can't afford to get him now, and by the time I'm able it'll be similar to what's going on with Slag right now: out of stock in most places and the ones that do have him are at around a 50% premium.

Eh, its more a me problem. Honestly I'm just having trouble justifying him at $90 MSRP to begin with.