As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Wallet warrior should be good in standard now I think

It's one of the few decks that can still play kazakusan, brann + mutanus deletes control, nessie is a legit finisher

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    I hope Wallet Warrior doesn't become too strong/prominent, because ugh.

On the plus side, I did have a golden Miracle Growth to get 400 dust from.

Clawed my last few stars to dad legend through the sea of control decks with the same slightly nerfed Naga DH I was playing yesterday. Almost every control game was unwinnable. I think I barely beat just one control Warrior that seemed like he misplayed.

Ran into some poor sap still trying to play pirate Warrior and pounded his face in.

Final boss attempt #3 or so was a Priest of some sort. He did a lot of trading and not enough healing/clearing and I was able to kill him on 7 before he got to whatever bullshit he was trying to pull off.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    So I've seen a bunch of Hunters with my deck today. WTF

Also, I've seen zero Mech Mage, Pirate Warriors, or Ramp Druid

Its weird

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

I won't lie; I swiped your deck and flipped over to Casual to try it out and my opponent had a nearly identical deck. He drew his Hydra first and I lost.

emnmnme wrote: »

I won't lie; I swiped your deck and flipped over to Casual to try it out and my opponent had a nearly identical deck. He drew his Hydra first and I lost.

I'll be honest, its not working as well in this weird new meta. Got to Diamond 1 last night with it and this morning dropped down to Diamond 3. :/

3 games today so far, 3 control warrior mirrors

I won them all because I held brann for mutanus

Also, I've seen zero Mech Mage, Pirate Warriors, or Ramp Druid

Its weird
    No mech Mage is weird, but I wouldn't expect to see the latter two much after the nerfs.

Ctrl meta, expect to see a lot of warrior and paladin

Nobody gets to have any fun at all ever until another round of nerfs

NoHandsGamer was at like 70%+ win rate with Control Warrior at top legend last night, and I think about half his losses were the mirror.

My worry when the nerfs were announced was that Control was about to become dominant. I'm not optimistic, but I hope some non-10k+ dust, non-30-minute game counter decks crop up to deal with it.

edited April 2022
    I honestly don't know what can break ctrl warrior, maybe a super degenerate specialized counter like silence priest with infinite draw to turbo mill, since the hero can't be mutanus'd

Beasteh on
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    forty wrote: »
    God dammit. I managed to luck into a win streak from like Platinum 4 all the way to one win away from dad legend using the VS Naga DH list, when I ran into a DH who went first and was playing some goofy ass deck that seemed tech for beating other DHs. The fucker played two Chaos Novas and was packing lifesteal to clear shit and keep himself out of range. I don't know how it fares against the rest of the field, but it worked well against what I was playing.

Edit: Followed by a turn 1 loss to some sort of control Mage.
    Dibby wrote: »
    FUCK THIS GAME

Yessss YESSSSS LATE THE HATE FLOW THROUGH YOU

NOW YOU SEE AND UNDERSTAND MY SUFFERING.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    I replaced the Doomsayers with Emergency Maneuvers and I just lived the dream against a pirate warrior
    Turn 2 coin into Harpoon, Dredge an Azsharan Saber
    Turn 3 Saber into the minion, Dredge the Sunken Saber
    Turn 4 Sunken Saber into their minion, it pulls Krush. Go face. Play Emergency Maneuvers. They kill the Krush
    Turn 5 Revive Pet into another Krush, both go face, HP goes face. They concede

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    How's Aggro DH doing in the new patch? I know people were expecting a meta shift toward CWar but it looks like DH is still kicking ass.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    just had a ctrl warrior mirror where i brann + mutanus'd his mutanus + onyxia, punched him in the face for lethal while i still had 85 total life

felt rather imbalanced

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    How's Aggro DH doing in the new patch? I know people were expecting a meta shift toward CWar but it looks like DH is still kicking ass.

It seems to be holding it's own from my perspective? Non-S'theno version at least.

Paladins haven't been a problem since you can reliably have them down near single digit health before Cariel hits the board.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    Looks like you can get another free legendary with Twitch Prime now.

Yilias wrote: »
    It's pretty much favored against everything but control Warrior.

Holy Paladin has a fair matchup against it. The DH definitely can't "reliably" have them almost dead before Cariel unless they get a nuts opener. Sunfish on 3 can be a big stall, and from turn 4 on, the Paladin has a lot of potential to clear all your shit.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    I don't think I've hit a true Holy Paladin that focused on healing yet.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    I'm kind of a master at running into counters. Turn 7 Immortalized in Stone + Garden's Grace is basically game over against an aggro deck with very little capacity for direct face damage.

Still, I'd expect the next patch to have some more (stronger) nerfs to DH. Multi-Strike seems like a prime candidate (either the usual +1 mana cost or maybe they'll nerf it to +1 damage or something).

Have to say folks this meta kind of sucks ass

Beasteh wrote: »

It hasn't settled yet, surely.

God dammit. I managed to luck into a win streak from like Platinum 4 all the way to one win away from dad legend using the VS Naga DH list, when I ran into a DH who went first and was playing some goofy ass deck that seemed tech for beating other DHs. The fucker played two Chaos Novas and was packing lifesteal to clear shit and keep himself out of range. I don't know how it fares against the rest of the field, but it worked well against what I was playing.

Edit: Followed by a turn 1 loss to some sort of control Mage.
    FUCK THIS GAME

Yessss YESSSSS LATE THE HATE FLOW THROUGH YOU

NOW YOU SEE AND UNDERSTAND MY SUFFERING.
    Still nothing quite as disheartening as opening 7+ 40 dust packs in a row, and getting a totally trash epic from the end of season rewards at the same time.

Still nothing quite as disheartening as opening 7+ 40 dust packs in a row, and getting a totally trash epic from the end of season rewards at the same time.

I got a Millhouse Manastorm from a pack. That's pretty darn close.

Did you buy some Classic packs??

This was before the switchover but I'm still scarred.

5znC1q3.png

dude no

dude NO I WAS SO CLOSE

DUDE NOOOOOOOOOOO IT'S THE LAST ONE I NEED PLEAS E

DNiDlnb.png
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »

I played about 15 games today and all 15 were either DH mirrors or Quest Hunter.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    dude no

dude NO I WAS SO CLOSE

DUDE NOOOOOOOOOOO IT'S THE LAST ONE I NEED PLEAS E
    At least you finally got some mustard for your pretzel.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    this mfer didn't even have pretzel mustard and they tryna get spicy

liEt3nH.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    queue into a bg and the best option available to me is eudora

yeah that sure is the mood of the day huh

liEt3nH.png
    I feel like the hero balance in BGs right now is probably the best it's been in a long time, if not ever. For how huge the roster is, they're doing pretty well on that front.

BGs still feel super high rolly for me at 8-9k, people will always scramble to fat divine shield murlocs/amalgams whenever available

Yeah, but that's more from minion tuning than hero tuning. Every hero has a more fair chance than ever to highroll perfect amalgs and crush the lobby!

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Okay, so I just opened up Queen Azshara, leaving only 1 legendary left for a competitive Control Warrior deck (Rokara is the legendary I need). Do you guys think CW is going to be good enough in standard (Tier 1/2) to where that's a safe craft? I only have enough dust for one legendary right now.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    edited May 2022
    I'm not even sure Rokara is needed for CW

I mean its good for the deck, but I think it can perform well without it

ObiFett on
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Okay, so I just opened up Queen Azshara, leaving only 1 legendary left for a competitive Control Warrior deck (Rokara is the legendary I need). Do you guys think CW is going to be good enough in standard (Tier 1/2) to where that's a safe craft? I only have enough dust for one legendary right now.

You get a legendary at lvl 50 along the reward track. How close are you to 50?

I feel like BGs right now is the single worst meta it's ever been and feels terrible to play.

It's all because of Buddies. I fucking hate Buddies.

DNiDlnb.png