As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy the 14th: End of the World Starts Now!

19495969798100»

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Personally I'm curious about the following thing related to the Ultimate Dragonsong:
    Apparently Haurchefant is there? And there's an open question of if he's actually possible to save, and, if you somehow manage it, what happens if you do?

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Personally I'm curious about the following thing related to the Ultimate Dragonsong:
    Apparently Haurchefant is there? And there's an open question of if he's actually possible to save, and, if you somehow manage it, what happens if you do?
    Yeah, I can't help but feel that he has some greater purpose in the raid. Like, maybe you can't survive the final phase if you didn't save him in P1.

I'd imagine that's why there's a checkpoint right after P1, so once you save him you can safely proceed with the rest of the raid.

reVerse on
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    If there's something to saving him it's later in the fight, people have thrown everything at the wall already more or less

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It's very unlikely that there's a way to save him in P1. A lot of people have already beat their heads against that puzzle and it simply isn't likely.

There's still a lot of fight left.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Yeah, I can't help but feel that he has some greater purpose in the raid. Like, maybe you can't survive the final phase if you didn't save him in P1.

I'd imagine that's why there's a checkpoint right after P1, so once you save him you can safely proceed with the rest of the raid.
    I can't imagine SE would allow you to have a checkpoint from which it's impossible to clear the fight. People are being really silly about this imo.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    My current theory is that they got a lot of feedback about the first phase of an Ultimate being much easier than subsequent phases, and the least fun part of progression on a fight that's entirely meant to be an endurance challenge is having to redo the most mind-numbing part the most.

Also there are probably people who don't want to see Haurchefant die a thousand times. They're wrong, but I'm sure they exist.

I don't remember what the exact term is called but, that thing that happens while you're driving where you're literally on auto-pilot and then become lucid like 'I literally have no recollection of driving the past X miles.'? That was me on Living Liquid.

Javen on
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Regarding the Ultimate discussion in spoilers
    No seriously, for real ultimate spoilers, TPS just posted a vid

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Regarding the Ultimate discussion in spoilers
    No seriously, for real ultimate spoilers, TPS just posted a vid

re: this spoiler about post phase-3

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Level a DoL.

tbh it's best to kinda level all that stuff at the same time for that very reason.

Also level up retainers so if you need some obscure drop you can just send one out to grab it for you.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    New thread, give go post there. Moving the first post into position as we speak.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/244389/we-are-canceling-the-apocalypse-final-fantasy-xiv

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
This discussion has been closed.