As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I'm a big fan of the dex skins, but I love the metal bits on whisps basic skins arms, the inner conflict is so much more powerful than these silly choices warrant.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Nope, because each comes with a free slot for the gift. Delete the extra item, keep the slot!

The weapons are good to get

afaik there's no point in getting the syandana more than once though.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Nagantaka+Internal bleeding is nice. It has forced impact procs and deals a lot of slash damage, overall you just get a ton of slash procs.

Only problem is that my brain keeps going "But why aren't you using Nataruk instead?"

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Most of the time Im asking myself why I'm not just using the nikana prime because it just kills everything. My riven for fang prime is fun though.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    I mean the answer is usually 'because almost any melee works.' There's not really a reason to optimize for anything other than fun unless you're, like, going to do Steel Path. And even then, that's probably fine. Dual Daggers has guaranteed slash procs on heavy attacks for its stances, doesn't it?

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Nagantaka+Internal bleeding is nice. It has forced impact procs and deals a lot of slash damage, overall you just get a ton of slash procs.

Only problem is that my brain keeps going "But why aren't you using Nataruk instead?"

"But... This one's a crossbow."

Sometimes it's all about what flavor of nuclear death ordnance you want to be shooting at your hapless enemy, you know?

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    I mean the answer is usually 'because almost any melee works.' There's not really a reason to optimize for anything other than fun unless you're, like, going to do Steel Path. And even then, that's probably fine. Dual Daggers has guaranteed slash procs on heavy attacks for its stances, doesn't it?

Yeah there are all sorts of good and fun melee that work for everything except going to 9999 or something.

But every time I try one of these melee weapons, I wonder why am I not swinging Orthos Prime. So convenient to hit the things I need, whether that's a little flying nerd or everything in a room (ilu primed reach).

I've been using the Nepheri daggers since I got them (well, I switched to the Korrudo for a short time to level them up but...).
    They have the very blendery Forward+Attack of dual daggers while neutral stance has high DPS and a flamethrower attack.

Right now my build is focused on disruption (because some of the latest prime relics refuse to drop), and both Nagantaka and Nataruk have silly DPS against disruption bosses while Pyrana prime+nepheri are effective enough while absolutely blending enemy swarms.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    Me: "I did the other nightwave, but I really don't want to run 30 minutes of Kuva Survival."
    Arcane Grace bundle: "Yes, you do."
    Me: (Sighs deeply) "Yes, I do."

Nothing personal. It's just business.
    I need to get those sweet sweet nightwave rewards, but I'm having such a hard time dedicated any free time to something other than elden ring.

kralizecc wrote: »
    I need to get those sweet sweet nightwave rewards, but I'm having such a hard time dedicated any free time to something other than elden ring.

Me, too. I do get out for a walk now and then.

But I'm getting some dirty looks from the neighbors for the messages I leave. Fine, I'll put the chalk away. Just trying to help, sheesh.

• SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular

same except it's Satisfactory that has claimed my free time

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
    SteveRage wrote: »

same except it's Satisfactory that has claimed my free time

How is it?

• SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    i'm enjoying it. it pleases the part of my brain that likes the logistic puzzles. you can brute force your factories to get what
    you want or you can really drill down into the minutia and try to optimize every aspect of every building to get every last bit
    of potential available. or one and then the other; make it work, then make it pretty.

then you can get all the concrete and build an enormous cube can be seen from over a kilometer away. it's an impressive game.

it's pretty zen and just what my brain needs at the moment.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
    It appears that I'm now in the market for a Lato riven. How did this happen?

Well, my starter gear sleeper build has had a pretty great Braton riven for some time, now. But there's no saving those stats with a riven that splits up the bonuses three ways. So I decided to throw a little kuva at it, on a whim. And rolled something with huge buffs to critical chance and rate of fire. It now feels more like a Baza, just dumping the magazine into enemies and getting some actual mileage out of Hunter Munitions, which didn't make the cut on the old version. It's taken way too many Forma to get to this point, plus Primary Merciless and Galvanized Chamber. But it's kind of a real weapon now!

Against the Infested and Corpus, that is. Because the debuff is a hefty penalty to damage against.... sigh, what else? Those Grineer big boys that Steel Path is just lousy with. Thanks to the slash procs, this old beater of an assault rifle can still take them down, but it doesn't know that it's on the clock. Excalibur not being a particularly tanky frame, even with a full Umbral set, this is a non-trivial problem.

So rather than rely entirely on the melee combo counter and Exalted Blade to get the job done against the big dumb n' uglies, I've accepted a new mission. To try and turn the Lato from a utility sidearm for storing set mods into a pistol that will make the Grineer wince in pain and ask, "what did you even DO to that thing?"

And that is going to require one epic riven roll. I'm now saving up Steel Essence to buy the 30k kuva, for when it comes up in Teshin's rotation.

I've finally managed to make Caliban (after a few weeks of occasional grinding).

He feels like a pretty fun frame. The only part I don't like so far is that his health&shield regain feel slightly underwhelming, but all the powers seem like they could be useful enough so I don't want to replace any of them with Blood Altar.

So there was a Devstream for Warframe today. Covered lots of stuff. Focus tree rework had every tree detailed.

Zenurik is keeping its energy dome (and even has a buff now where if you recast it in the dome it'll increase the size, reset the duration, and give you 20% ability strength while inside). Other trees are getting cool shit and I like what Naramon is doing as a Naramon boy, but fr 95% of players just cared about keeping Zenurik's energy regen.

Void Sling speed was also increased in speed based on the feedback from last devstream, so that's nice.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1304698-focus-school-system-rework-a-broad-overview/#comments

I mean there's a lot of stuff aside from the focus tree rework coming but that's what I cared about, so.

The release date is April 27th. Which ... kind of worries me, tbh. DE promised it in April, but considering it's pretty much the last day they could reasonably release it (27th is a Wednesday and DE have taken enough beatings to try and avoid Thursday/Friday releases), it makes me wonder how optimistic that timeframe was.

edited April 2022
    Impressions:
    • I'll reserve judgment on Focus Sling until I get my hands on it.
    • Refunds for pool capacity likely mean I'll get to unlock the three remaining waybounds when this releases. Sweet, freedom from the focus grind!
    • The players are likely to request the return of the ability to toggle nodes off, to avoid damaging enemies when trying to be sneaky or complete a riven condition.
    • My preferred focus school, Madurai, received a nice damage-dealing buff. That's cool.
    • With operator abilities now being activated like warframe powers, the next logical step would be to make ######### their own thing and not just a skin.

ArmsForPeace84 on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The rework on Madurai Void Strike sounds really, really juicy.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »
    The rework on Madurai Void Strike sounds really, really juicy.

It trades an absolute ceiling for speed and usability, so it's pretty good a design for their intent to make weaving Warframe and Operator gameplay more seamless.

Or, if you take some peoples' takes, this is 'literally the worst change ever for warframe how dare you, 40s, how am I supposed to do eidolons now, im quitting GG de'.

They can do them the way those of us who didn't build that do. OP guns and good amps.

• Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    The only consequence the focus rework will have on my default loadout is completely changing my melee build. The build I'm running right now is very dependent on that 60% free Heavy Attack Efficiency you get from Inner Might. Since Inner Might is going away, I'll probably switch from a true combo build to a heavy attack spamming build.

If I wanted to really optimize, I should probably build a whole new Zaw, but I don't want to ever have to mine fucking pyrol again. The Zaw I already have is probably good enough, even if my past self did foolishly take crit chance as the dump stat.

The only consequence the focus rework will have on my default loadout is completely changing my melee build. The build I'm running right now is very dependent on that 60% free Heavy Attack Efficiency you get from Inner Might. Since Inner Might is going away, I'll probably switch from a true combo build to a heavy attack spamming build.

If I wanted to really optimize, I should probably build a whole new Zaw, but I don't want to ever have to mine fucking pyrol again. The Zaw I already have is probably good enough, even if my past self did foolishly take crit chance as the dump stat.

In fairness to status zaws, I find that the tougher the content I'm taking on, the more I prefer landing several hits on enemies in the blink of an eye, before they die, to simply vaporizing them with a single hit buffed by the combo meter. Because alongside Condition Overload, I run Healing Return.

Granted, I use Cassowar in this role, but I could see certain zaw builds being good at it, too.

Hold up, apparently I missed this during the dev stream, but both Zenurik and Madurai give you ability strength now, and Madurai is actually the one that gives you more?

Forget what I said earlier. Friendship with crystal formations ended. Now fiery explosion is my new best friend.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I hope they tested out the sling with those iso vault missions that make you seal fissures. Some of them feel nearly impossible with just Warframe movement.

edited April 2022
    jothki wrote: »
    I hope they tested out the sling with those iso vault missions that make you seal fissures. Some of them feel nearly impossible with just Warframe movement.

I just hope it's fast and intuitive. Placing the sling target where I want to go, then warping there, then trying to do it again before I fall the two feet it takes to trigger the game's overly aggressive out-of-bounds reset, would likely put me off operator movement and further incentivize me to run Cloud Monkey for 90% of content.

ArmsForPeace84 on
    smells like
    jothki wrote: »

I just hope it's fast and intuitive. Placing the sling target where I want to go, then warping there, then trying to do it again before I fall the two feet it takes to trigger the game's overly aggressive out-of-bounds reset, would likely put me off operator movement and further incentivize me to run Cloud Monkey for 90% of content.

My gameplay is centered strongly on void dash, I get the feeling with the careful way they've worded the changes that it's going to be bad bad news =(

I can't think of a way to get the things they've stated that they want from the power and keep it useful for the reasons I use it. I hope I'm wrong but I really doubt I am.

Well, I got a decent riven for the Lato, to use on my starter gear sleeper build. It's all base damage and multishot, nice and flexible. Which means I can try out the Galvanized Crosshair and Galvanized Shot builds separately. Probably with all the same polarities. The latter would rely on my Braton to "prime" enemies first with status, but won't need any aiming precision, which is a plus.

Lato Vandal is already Steel Path ready with the numbers it's putting on the board. But even on the vanilla Lato, either approach should net between 140k-170k DPS, not bad for the truly awful stats it started out with.

So hey the new update came out.

It is completely bug infested, the quest is almost a joke, the eximus still die by breathing on them, and the design decision of making everything super dark just pushes everyone even harder into the meta of playing by your minimap and spamming AoE in the vague direction of red triangles.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I am deeply, deeply divided on the idea of player housing on what I have previously described as a "ship made of ghosts and trauma."

Repurchased all the focus school nodes, and void dash is painfully slow, almost as slow as warframe travel. I'll definitely come back and see if it's "fixed" in the coming patches but I'm not really compelled to play with how it works now.

I am deeply, deeply divided on the idea of player housing on what I have previously described as a "ship made of ghosts and trauma."

What could go wrong?

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I never get the love of player housing. Like its neat for an hour maybe arranging various trophies from the game, and then you mostly never go back to it for anything. And never really want to visit other peoples beyond "lol they've got that thing here when I have mine there."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    player housing is basically just an extension of decorating the orbiter I imagine
    I already considered the orbiter player housing actually

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I never get the love of player housing. Like its neat for an hour maybe arranging various trophies from the game, and then you mostly never go back to it for anything. And never really want to visit other peoples beyond "lol they've got that thing here when I have mine there."

I kinda assumed it would be like the drifter hideout, a new place to launch missions from. I haven't actually looked into it though, so I'm probably wrong.

Anyone else have light sense of betrayal that they did all of this Voidshell stuff (where there are all of these material rewards in various places) and then not a single voidshell skin is earnable (ie, they all have to be bought with platinum)?

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    So hey the new update came out.

It is completely bug infested, the quest is almost a joke, the eximus still die by breathing on them, and the design decision of making everything super dark just pushes everyone even harder into the meta of playing by your minimap and spamming AoE in the vague direction of red triangles.

I had a mobile defense mission fail to progress after the timer completed. That's a new one for me.

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    A few times the last couple weeks I've had a mobile defense not spit the key thing back out after defending the first terminal.

Anyone else have light sense of betrayal that they did all of this Voidshell stuff (where there are all of these material rewards in various places) and then not a single voidshell skin is earnable (ie, they all have to be bought with platinum)?

They give you voidshell spoiler mode clothes for free. Or at least I have some and I don’t know where they came from.

Been reading the official forums trying to get a feel for why this update felt like a personal attack on all I love. I had no idea so many people valued void dash in the same way. I'd say it gives me a little hope, but the changes made really sends a message that they changed things to remove the specific speed and utility that folks value.

I doubt it's just an "oops, we didn't realize what folks really enjoyed" and more of a "we don't want you playing the way you were, get used to it with maybe some minor changes that won't return the basic utility"

This discussion has been closed.