As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] God Roll Guns and Flawless Runs; Tons of Fun in the Light of the Sun

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    There’s also a lot of sunspot barricades running around thanks to the busted exotic

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Finally finished the Swift Destruction challenge for the Acquisition encounter on Master. It took three total nights out of my week (first with a PA team on Tuesday, and then another two nights with LFG pugs), but at this point, I feel like I could do it in my sleep. The "challenge" is just waiting for LFGs to not drop the ball, lol. Having said that, I'm more than willing to help others knock it out this week if they still need it.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I finally hit Legend rank a third time and unlocked the Unbroken title!

GXFZBhRh.jpg

My first Legend run was so stressful and exhausting that I hadn't even attempted it a second time for over two years. Last season was nice and long so I gave it another go, then a third and final time this season.

As a barricade-dropping, axion-tossing void titan, I wanted to get it done ASAP before next week's update hits my build with a nerf.

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I had heard a bunch of stuff about Omnioculus so I decided I should get it today. Luckily it was also chest armor day today, something I hadn't realized needed to be the case.

Then I had to deal with how ugly it is, which I did by building an entire horrifying look around it.

tt84qw2v4k0n.jpg

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Yea Omnis are incredibly ridiculously strong and just as incredibly ridiculously ugly.

You can only lean into being an ugly motherfucker

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Don't worry it has an ornament

Somehow uglier

Don't worry it has an ornament

Somehow uglier

Two even! Each uglier than the last.

The weird hands one this season is a nightmare

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Oh I'm definitely getting the one with the hands if this loadout ends up feeling good.

Gimme them gross fingies

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    I finally hit Legend rank a third time and unlocked the Unbroken title!

GXFZBhRh.jpg

My first Legend run was so stressful and exhausting that I hadn't even attempted it a second time for over two years. Last season was nice and long so I gave it another go, then a third and final time this season.

As a barricade-dropping, axion-tossing void titan, I wanted to get it done ASAP before next week's update hits my build with a nerf.
    lol I just came here to complain about this exact build in comp

Went up against three titans one using the wall you can shoot through in a very long range map. Axion bolts behind Titan walls is just crazy frustrating to deal with!

616610-1.png
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    We did the Master challenge last night. Biggest problem was getting our 1572 member to not die, but he got it going very quickly.

We all weren't Stasis Warlocks, but I tell ya, the more Stasis Warlocks there are, the easier it gets.

Adepts were almost all trash, so yay.

I can't say it was fun, though, but we got it after an hour and some change of being stupid.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I almost got to flawless solo, but wiped out on game six. This after losing my mercy back on game two. Still, 5/7 wins solo for the first time I've stepped back into trials this season ain't bad.

I definitely find Control point trials more fun for me - it's easier to interact and read the enemy team when there's a centralizing objective, instead of playing the did I spot them first game (I'm very bad at this game!)

Got some fanatic top tree arc storm grenade kills too... And I don't think I ever got to cast my super once. Welp!

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Ho shiz Elemental Charge on Ada-1 today, gotta get that as soon as I get home.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    So Gunsmith has a Killing Wind Frenzy Funnelweb with almost maxed handling before you even touch the handling masterwork.

Played around with it a bit.

Just dumb.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Raynaga wrote: »
    So Gunsmith has a Killing Wind Frenzy Funnelweb with almost maxed handling before you even touch the handling masterwork.

Played around with it a bit.

Just dumb.

I’ve got a perpetual motion/frenzy roll that just fuckin slaps. Feels like old recluse once it gets going.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Fuck the Lightblade GM

That boss room is just stupid

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Fuck the Lightblade GM

That boss room is just stupid

it's legit the worst, to the point where i don't know what they were thinking at all. def has the feel of we designed this for playlist difficulty and whatever will be will be.

at the very least i would like the boss to have like half as much hp, the part where you lock him into his jumping animation forever and plink him with primaries until the add waves come up again is just insanely long and drags out the hard part a ton for no reason.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Get one carry done yesterday with @Local H Jay help, then carried a friend later that night with a rando, and I'm finally gilded again.

dDbJQkih.png

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    New gambit doesn't work when every team has Gjally.

EDIT: Meaning, the stay near the bank to drain motes as an invader.

Raynaga on
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    The only successful bank drains I've seen so far are when Titans invade and drop their Bubbles on the deposit.

I haven't seen anyone do it. I went into Gambit to finish off the seasonals and like Raynaga said, everyone was rocking Gjally so I couldn't imagine making it to the bank anyways.

Given the reduced invasions, anyways, it seems like this Lab is a bust.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    We were bantering on discord and one idea that came up was having the Invader get a fixed load out - something like being locked to the VoG Shield, or similar. YOu'd probably have to do more tweaks than just that (like giving them DR so that they dont just get lolrocketed), but a fixed loadout would go a looooong way to solving a chunk of the balance issues with invaders.

Otoh, it introduces a bunch of new problems (including really stepping on the potential fantasty of being an invader and rocking your personal loadout)

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    My thing is just disable all heavy from both sides during an invade. Sniping atleast requires the smallest bit of skill, you still have LFR like Arby or Lorentz, just no instantly getting Gjally rocketed in the face as you spawn in

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Finally got to murder people with magic death bullets in PVP with Collective Obligation.

Yeah, that's not a PVP perk, and only comes up occasionally, but I like to think my victims felt run over by a truck with instant triple debuffs.

The gun itself is fairly solid, but maybe not worth you exotic in PVP.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    The only successful bank drains I've seen so far are when Titans invade and drop their Bubbles on the deposit.

This is how you used to do it back in Gambit Prime.

There’s not many better feelings then when the enemy team switches to your loadout mid match because you’ve been stomping them in 3s

Probably the Opposite feeling if that switch works and they dominate you. But I’ve literally never seen that happen yet.

616610-1.png
    Disrupter wrote: »
    There’s not many better feelings then when the enemy team switches to your loadout mid match because you’ve been stomping them in 3s

Probably the Opposite feeling if that switch works and they dominate you. But I’ve literally never seen that happen yet.

I always think that, much like chasing the meta is a trap. Like things do become meta because they're strong, but if you can't execute on those strengths then what the hell is the point?

I won a glory round last guardian standing with the other team still having life advantage. Bow/hc swap is high risk high reward but boy can it pop off. Obviously it requires them being really stupid to pull off but still felt amazing.

Hit my first 5 streak of the season and decided to go to bed stoked instead of keeping the heater running.

616610-1.png
    God even with double rep Gambit grinding is just a chore

Crucible rep is the only one that isn't.

edited April 2022
    Crucible's the only one that doesn't feel like a chore, which leads to more games being played without it hurting.

At least for me, but I like PvP. I imagine, for some, Crucible is worse than Gambit.

I don't see how, but, hey, opinions & all.
    Catalase wrote: »
    God even with double rep Gambit grinding is just a chore

I never did Gambit unless I was prepared to streak for awhile. Get that shit done.

Bizazedo on
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Bountiful Wells on Ada-1 today.

e: Okay so, interesting info that isn't really conveyed in its description or on light.gg. I guess Bountiful Wells also adds +1 wells created to your well-creating abilities, so that's nice. But unfortunately while mods 'stack,' each additional stack of your well generating mods only spawns +1 well per stack. So my heehoo brain plan of 4x Overcharge Wellmaker would not generate 8 arc wells, it only generates 6.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    vanguard is super easy if you do gms.

gambit is just agony no matter how much you like gambit.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Finally completed the Lightblade GM last night, Conquerer gilded once again

That is the absolute stupidest GM, I feel like half of that boss room is just luck, it was not a meaningful or enjoyable challenge

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Dac wrote: »
    Bountiful Wells on Ada-1 today.

e: Okay so, interesting info that isn't really conveyed in its description or on light.gg. I guess Bountiful Wells also adds +1 wells created to your well-creating abilities, so that's nice. But unfortunately while mods 'stack,' each additional stack of your well generating mods only spawns +1 well per stack. So my heehoo brain plan of 4x Overcharge Wellmaker would not generate 8 arc wells, it only generates 6.

Honestly even just running bountiful wells, grenade wells and gun wells can give you a very steady stream of them and leaves two slots open for stuff like +damage or similar

That is the absolute stupidest GM, I feel like half of that boss room is just luck, it was not a meaningful or enjoyable challenge
    There's a strat. Friend of mine ran it like 40 times and learned all the spawns n stuff. Poor fellow.

Catalase wrote: »

There's a strat. Friend of mine ran it like 40 times and learned all the spawns n stuff. Poor fellow.

Sure, there’s strats, we used many of them. Particularly cheesing the boss AI to get stuck in a loop of jumping back and forth without attacking. I’m fairly certain Bungie did not intend this, but it’s basically unbearable without it.

Also I’m fairly certain in the boss room, the barrier champs that spawn in the top outer circle have a few places they can potentially spawn, so it’s hard to prepare, plus the boss starts running around firing off his bullshit blasts. Half the time he’s looking at one player but shoots in an entirely different direction. If one player goes down, good luck getting a res off while any enemy can essentially one-shot you.

This strike should not return as a GM unless it’s adjusted somehow.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    is the drop rate for Exotic glaive patterns in Wellspring incredibly low, or am i incredibly unlucky?

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    is the drop rate for Exotic glaive patterns in Wellspring incredibly low, or am i incredibly unlucky?

You mean for the two weapons you need to get the quest to show up? If so, I think they buffed the weapon drop rate, but you’re still at the mercy of it being deep sight or not

ronzo wrote: »

You mean for the two weapons you need to get the quest to show up? If so, I think they buffed the weapon drop rate, but you’re still at the mercy of it being deep sight or not

No I think they mean the patterns for the Exotic glaives so they can craft (shape) the other Exotic glaives.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg

Yes, it's stupidly low afaik.