As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MTG] One Ring Four Mana

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    tfw the draft you get to p1p1 ob you are never not mulliganing

liEt3nH.png
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    The New Capenna soundtrack is officially out and is a crazy bargain. It's twice the size of the Kamigawa one because every track with vocals also has an instrumental version, but still the same price for the album if you're like me and prefer to do that instead of streaming.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • shergakshergak Registered User regular
    So from my preliminary drafts and sealed (some better than others) is that W/G has the strongest commons with Jeweled Thief, Civil Servant, and Inspiring Overseer. Also that enchantment and artifact removal is pretty important, which makes Citizen's crowbar that much better.

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Turns out being able to get 4 Murders is still strong. Who knew?

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    shergak wrote: »
    So from my preliminary drafts and sealed (some better than others) is that W/G has the strongest commons with Jeweled Thief, Civil Servant, and Inspiring Overseer. Also that enchantment and artifact removal is pretty important, which makes Citizen's crowbar that much better.

Can't have any legitimate businessmen mucking up your game plans, that's for sure. (Witness Protection is such a good removal piece, seriously)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Yah, Brokers and Cabaretti can build some pretty chunky boards if you can't disrupt them. Riveteers can Jund things out, but it feels like Maestros are a bit lacking in the limited formats.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    maestros and obscura definitely feel like the more "technical" of the playstyles

i'm reminded of how much b/g had an early lead in winrate in the first few weeks of kamigawa limited but was like maybe 5th best if that at the format's end

liEt3nH.png
    Picked up the Obscura precon.

And fuck. I'm going to end up splitting it into two decks. Kamiz saboteurs and Raffine draw/discard (go wide on tokens, then Raffine converts wide attacks into big creatures as well as digging through my deck... with a bonus of being able to run Halo Fountain, Triskaidekaphile, and Artemsis as alternative win cons if I can't just kill people... though I might stick Artemsis in Kamiz instead. Also I have two copies of Kamiz due to set booster so he'll be in the 99 of Raffine)

Also, I love just how much good stuff they stuffed in the Obscura deck. Not just Smuggler's Share (utterly ridiculous), but it actually has three board wipes (Dusk//Dawn, Nightmare Unmaking, and all-star Austere Command). So many good mana rocks...

Also I need a Syr Konrad for Raffine. Pitching creatures for Connive and then burning people and then when I pitch Kozilek they all get nuked for my graveyard shuffling in. Kill my hordes of tokens? That's a beating. Etc. Assuming they can after Archfiend of Ifnir erases their blockers (connive 5 = discard 5 = -5/-5 in counters to all their stuff. It's so dumb).

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    Man, I am not having a great time so far with limited. 2 wins total over two sealed, with probably 80% of that time feeling like I'm mana screwed. Maybe I'm just not used to primarily 3 color sets, but even the draft where I thought I had an amazing calibretti deck I only got 4 wins.

Well now I'm feeling a lot better after a 7-0 draft with an obscura deck that I thought was decent but not great. Turns out flying is still a really good keyword, who knew? Also that new Kracken fucks. Also also rogues gallery is a really nice way to refill your hand after 10 turns or so.
    Deck
    1 Witness Protection (SNC) 66
    1 Reservoir Kraken (SNC) 56
    1 Wingshield Agent (SNC) 64
    2 Snooping Newsie (SNC) 222
    1 Swooping Protector (SNC) 33
    1 Mage's Attendant (SNC) 21
    1 Kill Shot (SNC) 19
    1 Skybridge Towers (SNC) 256
    1 Midnight Assassin (SNC) 87
    1 Celestial Regulator (SNC) 174
    2 Waterfront District (SNC) 259
    1 Expendable Lackey (SNC) 43
    1 Speakeasy Server (SNC) 32
    1 Hold for Ransom (SNC) 16
    1 Void Rend (SNC) 230
    3 Obscura Storefront (SNC) 252
    1 Metropolis Angel (SNC) 203
    1 Rogues' Gallery (SNC) 92
    1 Backup Agent (SNC) 2
    2 Syndicate Infiltrator (SNC) 226
    3 Swamp (SNC) 267
    1 Incriminate (SNC) 84
    1 Psionic Snoop (SNC) 53
    1 Obscura Initiate (SNC) 50
    3 Island (SNC) 265
    5 Plains (SNC) 263
    1 Shattered Seraph (SNC) 221

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    there's a lot of good fliers in the set and it's possible to pick up quite a few. some people are suggesting that your standard green "destroy an artifact, enchantment, or flier" is maindeckable because of it in this format

liEt3nH.png
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, in Explorer

large image
    TFROV2d.png

Honestly, most of my wins with "Mono Black" Vampires (with special guest star) has been doing normal MBV stuff, Xander has been coming up very rarely.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    The 2/3 reach in green is close to my pick for top common, even above the 3/3 treasure for 3. Basically every flier in the format dies to it and most can't trade.

I ate an engineer
    edited April 2022
    Ok, now that I'm able to sit at my laptop for more than an hour at a time, I have prerelease codes! I have 3* from Neon Dynasty and 7 from New Capenna. Shoot PMs and I'll get them to you as I check my laptop. *@Shadowen already has my 4th one on its way to them.

EDIT: Man this would be so much easier with the Codes tag. :(

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Thanks Vyolynce! I already got a New Capenna one from Polaritie, so I'm personally good on that front.

And now I get the joy of opening 18 packs at once. :grin:

Down to 1 Kamigawa code, plenty of Capenna codes.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • CellorifficCelloriffic Registered User regular
    Vy is a classy internet person. Thanks for the codes!

Still 1 NEO left, 3 Capenna.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    I'm not sure if it's actually going to work out to be good, but the Jund line of "play Chariot, next turn crew Chariot, casualty Ob, attack with Chariot, have 3 Ob Nixili" is incredibly fun.

I ate an engineer
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's actually going to work out to be good, but the Jund line of "play Chariot, next turn crew Chariot, casualty Ob, attack with Chariot, have 3 Ob Nixili" is incredibly fun.

edited May 2022
    This one was more "grind using Ob Nixilis" but still, totally normal boardstates:

n2igephlb2ld.jpg

E: Also, Ob being able to gain two life with a devil is super busted in mirrors. I was at one life before stabilizing and despite my opponent being on the blitz aggro Jund plan, they had zero way of closing out that could get past Ob.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    This deck is janky but by god is it hilarious when you can kill your opponent for 2,147,483,647 trample damage
    4 Prosperous Innkeeper
    4 Clarion Spirit
    4 Devilish Valet
    3 Adeline, Resplendent Cathar
    4 Scute Swarm
    3 Jetmir, Nexus of Revels

4 Burn Down the House
    4 Fateful Absence
    3 Showdown of the Skalds
    4 Rabble Rousing

Jammed games with the Cabaretti deck swapping in Jetmir to be the commander and shifting the goad theme out to make more tokens. Very fun to suddenly spawn in bunch of Goblins with a Krenko (Both versions I stuffed into the deck) and then suddenly be swinging for lethal.

Hail Hydra
  • ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    Would love a prerelease code if anyone has one pretty please :smile:

Matev wrote: »
    Jammed games with the Cabaretti deck swapping in Jetmir to be the commander and shifting the goad theme out to make more tokens. Very fun to suddenly spawn in bunch of Goblins with a Krenko (Both versions I stuffed into the deck) and then suddenly be swinging for lethal.

I built Rin & Siri and gave it a test run yesterday. Attacked an opponent with all 7 of my creatures (commander, 3 2/2 cat tokens, Back Market Tycoon, Qasali Slingers, and something else). They thought about it, did some math, and declared no blocks. I activated Windbrisk Heights, cast the Jetmir I had hidden away, got a dog token from R&S to make 9 total creatures and suddenly my opponent was dead. Surprise Jetmir is mean.

Then the Admiral Beckett Brass player stole him (after putting my team to Sleep) and I had to use R&S to kill my own Jetmir a couple of turns later.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    edited May 2022
    But not an unfair one cause by himself he doesn't have particular protection, so tons of interaction can disrupt him. Game 2 I couldn't actually win cause the enchantress player threw up a Sphere of Safety and I couldn't find any of my enchantment removal over several turns.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    i don't know how many majestic metamorphoses is too many to draft, but i don't think i should have been allowed to pick up 4 at least

liEt3nH.png
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    someone definitely should've stopped you

probably yourself

don't worry my next deck i picked up 3 strangles in pack 3

liEt3nH.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    man I'm really funding peoples' wins in this format

SNC prerelease codes all spoken for! I still have one from Kamigawa.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    I would like to repeat how they've brought back so many old mechanics in the commander cards this set. And it's super flavorful on a lot of them.

Like Lethal Scheme - it's a kill spell with convoke, and the convoking creatures connive.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Ugh now I need to buy a secret lair because if I don't get that bearscape card for my boyfriend he'll never forgive me

2x39jD4.jpg
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Bearscape is the greatest thing Magic has ever done.

YL9WnCY.png
    Vyolynce wrote: »

Saheeli and Huatli is official now too - see the story posted today.

I like all those arts.

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Is Saheeri/Huatli their mea culpa for Chandra/Nissa, gals who are pals?

astrobstrd on
    Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
    Honestly, all of WotC's representation efforts feel very strange/late-stage corporate rainbow marketing.

Per the author's statements, they killed Nissa/Chandra off due to plans for her as the face of some Netflix adaptation, and he implied what he wrote was more about closing the door on Nissa and less about closing the door on Chandra being bisexual. But then that falls through, and in the Innistrad stories Chandra is all-but-explicitly shown to be crushing on Adeline. Then they confirm an entirely new lesbian couple (and have them kiss), along with printing a ton of very gay artwork and probably breaking their normal rules on how close to implied nudity they can put on a card with Bearscape, but appear to have made this article run only in whitelisted countries, as arbitrary countries in South/Central America seem to be unable to view it. There's honestly no way to read all of this and not think that WotC/Hasbro is a house divided on all this stuff to some degree.

I ate an engineer
    one of the bears has top surgery scars

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Honestly, all of WotC's representation efforts feel very strange/late-stage corporate rainbow marketing.

Per the author's statements, they killed Nissa/Chandra off due to plans for her as the face of some Netflix adaptation, and he implied what he wrote was more about closing the door on Nissa and less about closing the door on Chandra being bisexual. But then that falls through, and in the Innistrad stories Chandra is all-but-explicitly shown to be crushing on Adeline. Then they confirm an entirely new lesbian couple (and have them kiss), along with printing a ton of very gay artwork and probably breaking their normal rules on how close to implied nudity they can put on a card with Bearscape, but appear to have made this article run only in whitelisted countries, as arbitrary countries in South/Central America seem to be unable to view it. There's honestly no way to read all of this and not think that WotC/Hasbro is a house divided on all this stuff to some degree.

oh yeah for sure

This discussion has been closed.