As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] God Roll Guns and Flawless Runs; Tons of Fun in the Light of the Sun

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    yeah, i was talking about Edge of Intent/Action/Concurrence. you get the first pattern from a fairly easy quest, the others drop randomly from Wellspring. (or so i’m told)

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Hawkmoon at xur is very good today. Though I have one with full bore and I’m not sure if that’s better or not.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Woo, got collective obligation.

It's not great! I think ideally it needs some way to randomly generate buffs for itself to absorb and/or ideally, it's catalyst should extend is empowered mode duration for landing head shots or a similar mechanic.

Still is not the worst either and I'm happy it dropped after 20 something runs rather than my still unbeaten mythoclast record

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I have been uaing it in PVP. (I've done zero PVE since it dropped). I like it!

People say the archetype in general is good, and you can forge a better Synco, but I find it just a generally feeling pulse. It just feels reliable like an old Bygones or Jian, which makes sense, but I've been in High Impact land since Arrivals, so it feels new to me.

I think everyone agrees it need Something, either a rework or a catalyst, since we are in Void season and already feels like the perk is missing something. I think being extending the duration would be ok, but yeah, a way to generate charge either through multi kills or precision kills, or reduce how many shots.you need to generate charge would help. As it is, I know it is meant to be "use in a team!" but Rat King works solo, it only gets better with more.

That said, maybe it is potent in a squad with it. But Match Game makes it unlikely in many cases to run both your class and your Energy slot also void on the whole team.

Selfishly I want a Catalyst that makes it easier to proc and boosts some stat and then it'll become Meta and like Mytho I'll have already had a few hundred kills and people will call me a crutch using bastard.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Woo, got collective obligation.

It's not great! I think ideally it needs some way to randomly generate buffs for itself to absorb and/or ideally, it's catalyst should extend is empowered mode duration for landing head shots or a similar mechanic.

Still is not the worst either and I'm happy it dropped after 20 something runs rather than my still unbeaten mythoclast record

I think I got it last week or the week before last.

... I havent even equipped it yet.

• LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    So I just got back into Destiny here. Last time I played was during the Taken King and the Cabal Emperor raid, but apparently we have an alliance now.

I have a vault full of that era legendaries. Are they worth leveling or should I be breaking them for shards?

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    So I just got back into Destiny here. Last time I played was during the Taken King and the Cabal Emperor raid, but apparently we have an alliance now.

I have a vault full of that era legendaries. Are they worth leveling or should I be breaking them for shards?

If you haven't played in that long it's likely literally all your legendary weapons are sunset. Probably the armour too.

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

If you haven't played in that long it's likely literally all your legendary weapons are sunset. Probably the armour too.
    Of course, the Crucible generally doesn't care about things being sunset.

5o34eosvgk2n.jpeg

*single tear runs down cheek*

It's... it's fine.....

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Man solo queue trials is night and day when you play… in the night vs the day…

Day is almost no full stacks and I tend to do really well. Night is all 1 sniper 2 stompee shotty hunters that fly in and embarrass you

616610-1.png
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Gambit rep is just so fucked. Spent like 4 hours grinding at 5 streak last night and barely got 50% of a reset. I think I’m just going to abandon the ornament and suffer the trials and glory challenges instead.

Compared to crucible and vanguard, gambit is just fundamentally fucked from a rep perspective.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Soooo it took me way too long realize I can shoot two tethers with my super

Then it took me waaaaay too long to realize I can change my super

Then it took me waaaaaaaaaay too long to realize I had access to all void nades

Le monarque with axion bolts is just ridiculous. Axion bolts feel a bit too good compared to other nades right now

616610-1.png
    Brought a Control match where we were down 35-83 to a tie at time, then during overtime again fought to a standstill as everyone popped supers and we again tied with a capture in the last second.

Yes, a win may have felt one way, but I feel double tie that then left a confused Shaxx when we had a huge deficit earlier in the match made for a fine ending to the tale.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    The heavy weapon slot should just be completely off in Gambit

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular

I've been sayingggg

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Or they could let you choose generic weapons that are strictly controlled. Like a rocket launcher that doesn't track, or a sword without a super powerful spin, or whatever.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Map design just doesn't jibe with the heavy weapon economy

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    I saw a great suggestion somewhere that primeval gets less health back when the invader kill is done with heavy, and a lot more if they manage to get kills with a primary ammo weapon

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Another suggestion I've heard is that a heavy weapon kill would immediately bring you back to your side.

If you invade and immediately fire your rocket launcher towards the first opponent you see? Back to your side after a single kill. But if you invade, pick off three opponents with a sniper rifle, then fire your rocket launcher at the final opponent, you can get your four kills per invasion like normal.

• LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    edited May 2022

No idea what that means but it sounds like they are dust now. I got something to google now, cheers! If anything I guess ill have loads of shards.

Lilnoobs on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

No idea what that means but it sounds like they are dust now. I got something to google now, cheers! If anything I guess ill have loads of shards.

Anything from before season 10 (except exotics) can't be infused to a higher level anymore. So it's useless in almost anything but non-IB 6v6 crucible.

Basically you can probably dust almost everything purple in your vault.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

Anything from before season 10 (except exotics) can't be infused to a higher level anymore. So it's useless in almost anything but non-IB 6v6 crucible.

Basically you can probably dust almost everything purple in your vault.

And any exotic armors may be outdated, depending on when you got them and if you were playing after the switch to armor 2.0 which was before my time but I still hear people complain about it

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    I saw a great suggestion somewhere that primeval gets less health back when the invader kill is done with heavy, and a lot more if they manage to get kills with a primary ammo weapon

How about 0 health back from a heavy kill. But that still doesn’t change anything with the pre-Primeval part of Gambit and Gjallahorn being used 99% of the time
    Arteen wrote: »
    Another suggestion I've heard is that a heavy weapon kill would immediately bring you back to your side.

If you invade and immediately fire your rocket launcher towards the first opponent you see? Back to your side after a single kill. But if you invade, pick off three opponents with a sniper rifle, then fire your rocket launcher at the final opponent, you can get your four kills per invasion like normal.

So as the invader, you’ll try to line up a snipe and get instantly Gjally’d

No, I really want a Gambit Labs with absolutely 0 heavy

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Or as an Invader I'd run Eyes.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Flawless with Mustachio Jones and Timeboxer!
    uCXVOWSh.jpg

Rough week, but we were playing very well by the end.

Felt pretty good about this last ditch attempt to stop bubble captures (as I've been on the losing side of this a bunch of times)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJgyzvfvZbc

These dudes had been bullying us the first two rounds, and afterwards we took it back with 4 straight round wins, and I felt like this was the moment the morale was truly broken.

Rough Trials Night. Rouuugh.

At this point in the season, "flawless pool" is no longer the "kiddie pool". It's still tough.

The teams we fought on Saturday pre-pool were generally not much better than the teams we fought on Sunday, post-pool.

Yeah my plan for abusing the pool has failed the whole season. Seems like at this point it is more about time of day, which at night is generally rougher.

That said, I more just want an ornament as the weapon roll chase has lost some luster recently, so it'll come in time.

Yeah my plan for abusing the pool has failed the whole season. Seems like at this point it is more about time of day, which at night is generally rougher.

That said, I more just want an ornament as the weapon roll chase has lost some luster recently, so it'll come in time.
    Same. I was thinking that, last night, that maybe doing it at 1 am eastern to 3 am eastern was a poor choice haha.

Still, had a few good matches and even a few rounds where I was able to terrorize the enemy.....and then other rounds where I was a weight.

So it goes.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    hey Guardian Games is on, there's a new SMG you can get for depositing medals, heard it's good

• Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    The Guardian Games 1550 nightfall playlist is fun. I like it a lot more than the normal match-made nightfalls. Also: a few people confirmed that nightfall-only catalysts have been dropping, so I now have a method that is somewhat enjoyable to try and get the last four I'm missing.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Lucky for me I enjoy being dominated by warlocks.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    uwu

I need to get over my stress about glory. Only a few weeks left! I’ve made steady 100-400 progress every time I hop on but I’m just so afraid of having a bad run I quit while I’m ahead and then am nervous to jump back in,

Last night hopped on. Got destroyed the first round then carried my team to a 4-2 win (they both had negative eff) got my 100 glory for a 4 streak and then just stopped because I felt ridiculously stressed about that match.

I’m actually playing really well and my win rate is 14-6 over my last 20 so I’m flying up but somehow it’s still the most anxiety inducing thing

616610-1.png
    Yeah, you just need to bunker down, grind out the playlist, and not fear losses. They'll happen. Just play through the loss streaks because you'll inevitably be back on a win streak at even higher glory.

Near the end, I alternated between Survival and Control to calm my nerves.

I try to follow the "play lile 5-6 matches a session, but quit if two consecutive losses" method.

I feel like it avoids loss spirals, but also means some decent progress. I also try to focus on playing during Trials time, as I optimisitcally believe the true murderers are in that mode.

My rule is I try not to play late. Late night players and gods. But i can’t get on till 9-10 central so my windows are small

616610-1.png
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    got 306k points in the guardian games thing.

it's fun trying to get high scores, and it's even more fun to grind the lightblade into the fucking ground after suffering through that gm twice.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Who's got two flippers and just went solo flawless?
    ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false[img][/img]

This penguin.

• YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    got 306k points in the guardian games thing.

it's fun trying to get high scores, and it's even more fun to grind the lightblade into the fucking ground after suffering through that gm twice.

Ngl, yeeting the boss platform when the knights spawn in between phases is very cathartic!

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016