As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - One Weird Trick

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

One Weird Trick!

Penny Arcade - Comic - One Weird Trick

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Why does Gabe have a Russian flag ice cream?

• Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular

Those are rocket popsicles, very common here.

• Options
    Djiem wrote: »

Don't those have red on top? There's definitely nothing to read into here, but the coloring is a pretty unfortunate coincidence right now.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Real missed opportunity to have Gabe holding a derpy Merch pop instead of the SpongeBob.

• Options
    ThanatosiaThanatosia Registered User regular
    My attention was more drawn to the alien brain-tree behind the Ice Cream Truck.....

• Options
    OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    edited May 2022

Don't those have red on top? There's definitely nothing to read into here, but the coloring is a pretty unfortunate coincidence right now.

Or you know, the artist is trying to avoid getting sued for infringement. Have to change details of the implied product enough to keep the lawyers at bay.

Overkillengine on
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    that's not true.

They've been drawing real life shit for years. Apart from the strawberry shortcake incident they've never needed to have "faked" up stuff.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited May 2022

I'll be honest, I don't remember the color order of either rocket popsicles or the Russian flag. Mike probably didn't either and didn't bother to look it up.

Djiem on
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited May 2022

I'll be honest, I don't remember the color order of either rocket popsicles or the Russian flag. Mike probably didn't either and didn't bother to look it up.

He clearly spent all his time on the licensed character pops:
    cox7vdnehhih.png
    In which Rocket Pops™ don't appear at all. We're through the looking glass here people

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Thanatosia wrote: »
    My attention was more drawn to the alien brain-tree behind the Ice Cream Truck.....

Yeah that is.... weird

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I think it's a cherry blossom tree.

• Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    One of my cards was breached some time ago, and apparently used for a bunch of windsurfing gear.

I'm not sure why my bank thought it was normal for me to suddenly do cool shit like that, but go figure.

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options

I've never had one so I looked it up. But I absolutely know the colors of the flag so this comic made me cringe. But like I said, it's definitely a coincidence.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I mean they're also the colors of the US flag, which is what that sort of thing is usually copying.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »

He clearly spent all his time on the licensed character pops:
    cox7vdnehhih.png
    In which Rocket Pops™ don't appear at all. We're through the looking glass here people

You can never trust ice cream van art

https://youtu.be/Lray-9F1WP4

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]