As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We've been playing [Animal Crossing] for how long now!?!

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Now I will cast doubt on the theory that buying high and a trend of low prices leads to high payouts
    I was mad about the very low week last week and just my general sour attitude from work. I did not play from sunday night until wednesday morning. I time warped it back to 11 on sunday saw turnips were 126 and throughout the week it seesawed between in the morning 110ish to low 70ish until Sunday where low rate of 130 was my high

Sounds like the fluctuating pattern , typically you get a good one afterwards.

It's been fluctuating for weeks/months

I guess tho... Have you actually used one of the trackers religiously from week to week? Like, put in your AM and PM prices every day? Because the market behavior you're describing really shouldn't happen that way.

Even a high-spike week will usually have some dog-poo price a couple days after the high price.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    akjak wrote: »
    Now I will cast doubt on the theory that buying high and a trend of low prices leads to high payouts
    I was mad about the very low week last week and just my general sour attitude from work. I did not play from sunday night until wednesday morning. I time warped it back to 11 on sunday saw turnips were 126 and throughout the week it seesawed between in the morning 110ish to low 70ish until Sunday where low rate of 130 was my high

Sounds like the fluctuating pattern , typically you get a good one afterwards.

It's been fluctuating for weeks/months

I guess tho... Have you actually used one of the trackers religiously from week to week? Like, put in your AM and PM prices every day? Because the market behavior you're describing really shouldn't happen that way.

Even a high-spike week will usually have some dog-poo price a couple days after the high price.

If you go into the phone app it lists the last couple weeks of turnip prices in the island newspaper, AM and PM.

Taramoor on
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    So I recently discovered that there are shops on Harvey’s island you can open for bells. Much more convenient then hoping the vendors visit your town . I actually really like that idea , I’m just poor now , probably should have not prioritized house expansions especially since I’m picky with the furniture and I don’t have a much of anything. Oh well I’m on my last loan and should begin chipping away once I finish getting the rest of these shops .

• homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Saharah's co-op shop seems to be the only way to get the new mysterious walls and floors that were added in the 2.0 update, outside of vacationers gifting them to you in the Happy Home Paradise expansion. Either that or they're so rare to receive during a visit that I've never gotten any from them.

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Found out that if you go to the resort's hospital on Mondays, you can get some free turnips.

Not that I have much use for them, since I don't play the stalk market, but it's still free money.

edited March 2022
    Got to be an easier way the farm star fragments then just waiting for the to spawn randomly. Oh well at least I can do other stuff while I wait for them to trickle in.

Edit up to 8 so far

EspantaPajaro on
    edited March 2022
    qwxfb7ppb46a.jpeg

Welcoming decorating advice!(please ignore my empt house haven’t been able to make much headway there)

EspantaPajaro on
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

Oh it will be a happy day in Glosta tomorrow.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Redd has been offering the same fake Olmec head three weeks in a row.

edited March 2022
    I just need one more piece of art, but I haven't seen it on offer for months. Not even the fake version of it.

Hopefully, complaining about it out on the internet will magically make it appear this week.

WotanAnubis on
    I just need one more piece of art, but I haven't seen it on offer for months. Not even the fake version of it.

Hopefully, complaining about it out on the internet will magically make it appear this week.

What is it? I've amassed quite the closet gallery.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    Vyolynce wrote: »

Romulus and Remus with the wolf. The Motherly Statue, I think it's called.

Oof. 99% sure I don't have that, as it was one of the last ones I needed as well. But someone might!

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    edited March 2022

Welp, that's the last thing I wanted to do in-game. I still want to clean up some flowers for dream archive purposes but I'm basically done with the game now. Well, until I decide to get the DLC I guess.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif

Welp, that's the last thing I wanted to do in-game. I still want to clean up some flowers for dream archive purposes but I'm basically done with the game now. Well, until I decide to get the DLC I guess.

There will be an expansion 4 years from now just like the mario kart dlc . Just wish they would add all the missing stuff from new leaf .

Holy crap, Redd *just* had that for me today. It’s yours if you want it.

Well, yeah, sure. It's the last one I need.

I think we’re friends, I’ll send it along

I'm not actually sure if you are. It's been a while since I've been online with AC. But, if you could, that'd be neat.

I'm not actually sure if you are. It's been a while since I've been online with AC. But, if you could, that'd be neat.

Remind me your island/player name?

Remind me your island/player name?

The island's Jade Grove. My player name in AC is Jessica.

Turns out, complaining on the internet does work. I've got the Motherly Statue and my museum is now complete.

Although it didn't appear by magic, but thanks to @akjak giving me one.

I am so close to paying off the last house expansion . Also thankfully found out you could buy a license for more ramps as I hit the limit when making an entrance from my house to redds beach.

I made the top headline!

itsw2si67xus.jpg

Oh, wait. I always make the top headline. And most of the other headlines.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    I fished every day this month , it took till tonight to catch 1 char. That is one rare fish.

So I invited Renée to the resort and her wish for a vacation home was one that 'reminded her of her time as a squatter'. And then, when you go decorate her vacation home, none of her preferred items are, like, actual indoor things. But you can make some pretty convincing city streets out of them.

I guess this means that it is now official Animal Crossing canon that Renée used to be homeless.

That's kinda bleak.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I'm at the point where I'm ready to finally put the game down for a bit, but I want just one last thing first: one more Lucky Cat (black or white) that I can DIY into a gold Lucky Cat.

Problem is getting one. I got my second from Gulliver not too very long ago, so I think it's going to be a while. D=

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    edited May 2022
    Really wish there was a faster way to get to Harvs island feel like you go through so many redundant text prompts every time you want to go somewhere it’s maddening. Especially now that I want to customize a bunch of stuff I find myself needing to go back to Cyrus every time I get something new.

EspantaPajaro on
    Trying to catch pier fish is the worst so much bait , and nothing.

• Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Well I got sucked back in by a woman of all things lol. So much weeding and digging up flowers.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    edited July 2022
    It’s done after hundreds of bait I have the Mahi Mahi . I have all the pier fish and I can finally enjoy fishing again .

EspantaPajaro on
    If this doesn't warrant a 15-month thread necro, I don't know what does.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    edited October 2023
    That’s it?! That’s all we get?!!!

Wait. Is it a LEGO game, or actual LEGO sets? I need MOAR INFO

akjak on
    That’s it?! That’s all we get?!!!

Wait. Is it a LEGO game, or actual LEGO sets? I need MOAR INFO

Pretty sure actual sets? Those are unnecessarily detailed trees for a game.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    Yeah, actual LEGO sets. Though if you go to the Animal Crossing section of the LEGO site, the only that's there at the moment is that little teaser trailer.

• CullenCullen Registered User regular
    Gonna be needing those.

• CullenCullen Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    If anyone is still playing and has a gallant statue so I can complete my museum let me know!

Cullen on
  • amethystoakamethystoak Registered User regular
    Cullen wrote: »
    If anyone is still playing and has a gallant statue so I can complete my museum let me know!

I found an extra from Redd this week. It’s in your mailbox @Cullen. : )

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    so I just got New Horizons not too long ago and had a question:

I got the wetsuit, but it feels like im just slowly swimming around and there doesn't seem to be anything to actually harvest or do? I was expecting something like little shiny spots or whatever to indicate where some loot is, but Ive been wading around my island and haven't seen anything besides the loot thats already on the beach as well as the fish shadows