As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DFO] Dungeon Fighter Online Global - 2nd Awakenings! M.Slayer, F.Mage out

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    This weeks' accomplishment:

Being able to be 12/12 on epics for witch. I haven't set myself up so everything is part of a set, as I am missing one piece, but I have a decent epic to slot in there, so it works for now.

My Witch's 25 second burst is just under 100billion damage, so I may actually be able to do Exile Mountain and Sirocco raids properly, which would be real cool.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    This week's update is small, but the most important is that Honey Time weekends are back for a bit. Log in for 2 hours each weekend and you'll get a bunch of very useful items to save up for upcoming events.

Presumably this means the last tuesday in june is going to have some big stuff.

• Options
    It's been two weeks, so it's time for another update. This one's got some good stuff in it:

First, we have the Female Gunner's Neo Awakenings.

https://www.dfoneople.com/news/updates/2305/Season-6-Act-15.-Locked-and-Loaded

Can take a look at that link to see them in action. F. Gunners also get a bunch of buffs off this patch.

Second, there's a big Guide of Wisdom event that allows you to get epic and mythic gear at higher chances along with a 1 time free transfer of an epic piece of gear from one character to another.

Last is another Altimate event, an event where you get to speed level a character and get some quick gear for them so they're mostly end game ready pretty fast. This event can be done with a brand new character or preexisting. The rewards are pretty good stuff.

Pretty good time to check things out since the altimate campaign lets you get into the thick of things pretty fast.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    I’m personally in the F. Slayer Blade waiting room.

Transporter on
  • Options
    I’m personally in the F. Slayer Blade waiting room.

You're gonna be hanging out there for like 6 months unfortunately. Can I offer you a Shadow Dancer in the interim?

• Options
    New week, new update.

This week we have the Black Purgatory update.

This content is the next thing to do after doing some Sirocco Raids, and allows you to enhance your epic gear with additional stats, which are going to be necessary to do the next raid when it comes out in a month or so. We also have an reinforcement event where you get to reinforce an event item with materials gained from doing dungeons, and you will be able to apply the reinforcement level to your weapon at the end of the event. This should be a great way to get a +12 or so weapon.

Two weeks from now are the Knight classes's third awakening, so that should be fun too.

• Options
    Having now done some Black Purgatory I can report that it is quite fun. There're 4 routes through the area, each of which is harder and provides more rewards, and the boss mechanics are all pretty interesting.

Plus you can start upgrading equipment after doing a single run, so it's not a weeks long grind for upgrades. The upgrades are pretty substantial as well.

You also have new dailies to do that are outside of Black Purgatory taht allow you to get material for upgrades outside of the main content, so even if you can't clear it, you can work towards it. Based on the number that drop, a week of running those gets you an upgrade at least.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with it.

• Options
    This week's big thing is the 3rd Awakening for the Knights, so we have Neo: Elven Knight, Chaos, Dragon knight, and Light Bringer. We have a daily event that will let you get some raid resources weekly.

Otherwise, kind of a quiet week.

• Options
    Supposedly big news coming out this week for next week's update. People think it'll be the raid update that makes the Sirocco raid easier to get rewards from, but we'll see.

• Options
    Well, rumors were wrong. This week we have the neo awakenings for lancers, so if you like big pointy things, you should check those out. There're a bunch of unique solo events as well, and some decent rewards for them.

There was also a long interview with the new director of the game posted on reddit, which has a lot of interesting material to check out.

• Options
    Today's patch finally brings us the QoL for the Sirocco Raid, which reduces the cost of obtaining raid equipment and allows you to purchase immaterial essence, brings a new tower The Tower of Grave, which has rewards that are mid-tier beads that are account bound, and most important a series of events to help characters gear up from raids.

You can get weekly equipment from all three raids, and a bunch of free epics. Some real good stuff if you have an 100 that needs to get gear.

• Options
    This week we have the 3rd Awakenings for Agents, and a new Epic/Mythic road event, where you can use your time guide stones in an area that has a higher drop rate of gear. Second part of the raid event starts this week as well with increased raid rewards.

Pretty solid so far. Very curious as to what's going to drop in 2 weeks since a lot of events are over then.

• Options
    This week's update is pretty small. A couple of filler events that will get you some more talismans and some pre-Ozma story.

Of course this means Ozma is very likely in 2 weeks or 4 weeks. That's pretty hype.

• Options
    This week marks the end of the neo awakenings. Every class now has their awakening, and in honor of that we also have the OZMA raid.

This is the current hardest tier of content available on Korea DFO, and is probably the last significant difficult content before the next level cap (though we will see). There are some Halloween events with NPC costumes and some decent rewards.

Ozma has a lot going on, so if you're curious about the mechanics, check out the guide on reddit.

• Options
    Still happily sitting in the Blade waiting room.

Also Awakened Ones 3 too I guess, the last few outfits have been pretty meh.

• Options
    Still happily sitting in the Blade waiting room.

Also Awakened Ones 3 too I guess, the last few outfits have been pretty meh.

I would be all over Awakened Ones 3, but I dunno when/if that's going to happen.

Blade is probably in a month or two a this point.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    @Transporter
    yx3w7pm53fx71.jpg

Blade next week?

Tcheldor on
  • Options
    Specter (formerly known as blade) is going to drop on 11/23. Next week is just a bit of a filler week and some sales.

• Options
    This week is the Specter preview event. New class for F. Slayer drops in two weeks. We have two little filler events in the interim. The devs have also said that next patch will contain some additional solo modes of content for when you can't get a group, but you're also geared enough to avoid the guide mode.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Looking forward to what the part 2 outfit is, I've been sitting on like 3k cera for YEARS now.

Transporter on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Relevant to this thread
    https://youtu.be/7bhnIkpCsWQ

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Specter has finally dropped @Transporter.

Along with the new 5th class for F. Slayer, we have new solo modes for certain dungeons, so you can get rewards without needing a party, but also without the penalties associated with doing the easier guide mode.

They also have dropped the first major balance patch, which increases the damage of everyone who wasn't a super strong slayer class. In some cases we're talking +20% dmg.

If you want to try the new class, the events available will let you get her to 100 in her own leveling area that will give you a lot of gear to get you up to speed really quickly.

• Options
    I have to post about this, the leveling area for Spectre is so goddamn fantastic it is hurting my BRAIN.

It's just...go anywhere, do anything, get stuff while leveling. It's incredible.

• Options
    Specter is not what I was expecting. I was expecting a lot of aerial acrobatics built into her kit with the wire, and while her moves have visuals involving it, the wire's much more of an aesthetic than function. The sheath strike thing is much more interesting, as she can cancel many moves into her 3 sheath strikes, and the deleted portion of the attack she canceled is added into the sheath strike.

• Options
    This week they dropped the new Guide of Wisdom dungeons where you can spend more stones and get guaranteed epics after running them about 10 times. but THE BIG NEWS, is the QoL farming changes.

Most 2x/week dungeons are now 1x/week with increased drop rates and drop quantities to compensate, and half of all character bound materials from raids/dailies/pretty much everything will now be given to you in account bound form. This allows you to run shit on your alts and funnel them to one character you wanna power up. This isn't a big change for people with 1-2 chars, but as you get more and more, which let's face it, is how this game is played, you'll be able to get your newest high level character geared up real fast.

They also decreased the costs to buy epic pots, and you can now upgrade legendary gear to the mother nature/elementalist/normal synchro sets with black crystals, so you can eventually get workable epic sets without rng.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    This week is Christmas stuff/new years stuff. Most notably, Sirocco Hard Mode and Ozma Guide/Squad modes.

Sirocco Hard mode has an auction system with some solid rewards, so definitely worth doing if you're geared for it.

There're also a few events and such with some solid rewards. Nothing crazy.

There're translations on Reddit from the Korean winterfest that talk about the M. Gunner's 5th class and the level 110 cap and the game's plans for the next 8 months. Definitely check those out.

Tcheldor on
  • Options
    This week's a quiet one. Some honey time events, and the conclusion of Himan Stella's stuff.

• Options
    Next week is another fast leveling event with some good rewards, and a new version of the Decisions unto Destiny event, where you do a bunch of stages that get more and more challenging, and along the way you can get some wacky buffs and such for skills I believe. It should be fun.

I'm expecting some new content next patch. Korea has also released a trailer for the level 110 cap, so that should be coming to Korea in a few weeks and then NA in like 3 months.

• Options
    With the 110cap coming in the next few months, and the level 100 cap coming to a close, we have a few major events for the next month.

There's a fast leveling event with lots of goodies, so you can make a new character, get it to max level, and get all the basic equipment you need without any RNG issues or significant grind. There's also the new M. Gunner Class: Blitz, which is a cyborg with a robot.

We also have some other events giving out epic/mythic stuff, so if you want to finish out a character before the new cap, or get something ready for it, now's the time.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I am hearing that DFO is, cumulatively over its 14 year lifespan, the highest grossing single video game ever made. Congratulations, I guess!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    This week's pretty much nothing. There's a small event where you get some materials for just playing a little bit during the week. There're some nice items in it, so it's just a bonus to what you're normally doing.

All the current events end at the end of May, so I'm expecting the neo otherverse event then, which brings back the old otherverse dungeons, and then maybe the 110 cap in June. We shall see.

• Options
    This month we have the Neo:Otherverse event in advance of the 110 level increase. This event has a prize of a Level 105 weapon (the next tier of equip is 105 despite the level cap being 110), which will be useful when the cap hits.

Most importantly we'll be able to open the 105 box on 7/13, so the 110 cap should drop then.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Put this back into my 'game to play while I listen to podcasts or watch TV' rotation, working on Enchantress, Mistress, and F. Crusader until I catch something up with my Dark Templar at 90, since I can't help but want to know the trainwreck plot and I can't remember what's going on after retcons and deretcons and that happened but now the old universe is the mirror universe and...

Really wish you got awakening avatars for free.

Hell, I'd take them always being available so I can grumble about paying for them as a distant second.

Just being SOL is the worst of all options.

• Options
    Kamar wrote: »
    Put this back into my 'game to play while I listen to podcasts or watch TV' rotation, working on Enchantress, Mistress, and F. Crusader until I catch something up with my Dark Templar at 90, since I can't help but want to know the trainwreck plot and I can't remember what's going on after retcons and deretcons and that happened but now the old universe is the mirror universe and...

Really wish you got awakening avatars for free.

Hell, I'd take them always being available so I can grumble about paying for them as a distant second.

Just being SOL is the worst of all options.

The plot actually is understandable at this point. It's a bit poorly written, but everything at least makes sense. The new level cap is coming out in just under a month, so now's a good time to try to play catch up.

• Options
    I appreciate the setup of multiple NPCs explaining how you need to be subtle in Harlem and setting up you gritting your teeth to find out what you need to...only for you to stroll in and start killing slavers and freeing slaves without any delay. There's no dialogue or moment that pushes you into action, no, you were just nodding along thinking 'Yeah I'm gonna just go nuts when I get there" the whole time.

• Options
    The whole Harlem sequence is fun. Lots of bizarre characters.

• Options
    Hmm. Now I'm doing a quest line where it's like, why are many of my old allies insurgent traitors? Maybe they have a good reason, like wanting to be a democracy instead of a monarchy?

Oh, nope, they're doing it because they're vicious racists mad that the empress isn't sending those people back where they came from.

• Options
    We're nobles! Pay attention to uuuuuusssss.

• Options
    Do the 2 episode quests related to the ghent stuff for more insight into why people are making thise choices.

• Options
    I clearly don't get how gear works or what it means in DFO.

Tried to roll into Expert Ghent Palace with my random low level right side pieces (Except for my Arcade event sirocco epic and rental sword) and my Orobas set from some event on the left side on my Dark Templar, now that she's 100. Ended up chewing through like 15 tokens to get the clear.

Did a few days of normal and got the three-piece sub/ear/ms set. also tossed enchants on two of those.

Decided to show my roommate how much things escalate in the Expert difficulty just now and...went through it without a death without much trouble? Not just because I know it better, but because things were dying way way way faster.

Honestly quite confused since the set didn't seem like I was gaining all that much power. Has me wondering if my gear was broken or something that first time through.